Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+61
Rafalution
Hlebagone
Rosicky
Fey
ads_afc
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
golsud
Luis
robert
Calidad
Cesc Soler
Dejan Savićević
Dwarf
DeLux
Ricardo Jol
The Easter Bunny
Since 1888
A & K
Oleguerisntthatbad
SuperMario
Romford Pele
Rez
Luso
Jaime
Sheffield gunner
debaser
Mistletoe.
DS
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Napoléon
BBR_vavavoom
SteveOoO
Nightwing
fcb
The Vermonster
Deano
The Pröfessör
La Saeta Rubia
TM
blutgraetsche
Machiavel
The-Frank-Tavern
Clergyman Superstains
Steveo
theflyingfrenchman
COTR
Parks lives
Roger Hunt
Hardrada
Pierre Littbarski
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
poiuy1
Keano Is God
Football Genius
Axeslammer
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
DD
Tom
Tweesus
65 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:45 am

As in not true or annoying?
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:46 am

as in really annoying.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:49 am

Said it before, I'll say it again - you guys have got no-one to blame but yourselves for price inflation. It's no good cheering when you make 3 £20+ million signings in a summer, but moaning that you're paying over the odds.

Bottom line is you can still afford it and not impact your future transfer budget.
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:52 am

Roger_Hunt wrote:Said it before, I'll say it again - you guys have got no-one to blame but yourselves for price inflation. It's no good cheering when you make 3 £20+ million signings in a summer, but moaning that you're paying over the odds.

Bottom line is you can still afford it and not impact your future transfer budget.
    I know we can afford it, but i wish once or twice we took the harline and said NO. I preferred wen we paying 7 million for a player and he would be our saviour. Or 3 million for Gudjohnsen...

We can dream Crying or Very sad
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:09 am

Looks like Chelsea are going to struggle to be running on a profit by 2010...
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:21 am

Ballack wrote:
    I preferred wen we paying 7 million for a player and he would be our saviour. Or 3 million for Gudjohnsen...

Forgive me if I'm not entirely sympathetic Laugh
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:23 am

Roger_Hunt wrote:
    Ballack wrote:
    I preferred wen we paying 7 million for a player and he would be our saviour. Or 3 million for Gudjohnsen...

Forgive me if I'm not entirely sympathetic Laugh
    lol no need really. we needed the money, heavily in debt. It would have been another leeds scenario, just not nearly as funny as there one
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:30 pm

It has to be said that for Chelsea to 'do a Leeds' would, I think, have been worse for English football that Roman's arrival.

And clubs outside the top 4 (and frankly, it looks like Arsenal now as well) have benefitted, either directly or indirectly from price inflation when selling players.

But your apparently endless spending power is still depressing. Sad
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:36 pm

The only good thing about Roman coming to Chelsea for other clubs, is the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United have all had to improve there squads to match them, which is only good in Europe.

I think England could be the dominating force in Europe in a few years time.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 pm

But Parks, surely clubs who have sold players to Chels have benefitted? And likewise clubs who have got players 'on the cheap' (basically Newcastle) and on loan (Brum)?

And even the likes of Spuds who would NEVER have got £14m+add-ons for Carrick in the pre-Chels era.

It's only yourselves, Arsenal and to a lesser extent us who've suffered because we've been cut out of the title race for the last 2 years, and it's more expensive to buy players.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:45 pm

@ parky

I agree, its already starting with the last 2 CL finals having an EPL team.

I'm pretty sure that this years final will also have an EPL team in it...
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:50 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:But Parks, surely clubs who have sold players to Chels have benefitted? And likewise clubs who have got players 'on the cheap' (basically Newcastle) and on loan (Brum)?

And even the likes of Spuds who would NEVER have got £14m+add-ons for Carrick in the pre-Chels era.

It's only yourselves, Arsenal and to a lesser extent us who've suffered because we've been cut out of the title race for the last 2 years, and it's more expensive to buy players.

I'm not championing Chelsea. I'm just saying the only benifit pre - Roman for clubs like ours and Arsenal is the European competitions.

They annoy me as much as anyone, however it would be a bit hypocritical of me to say they are dominating the transfer market because we had a similar era in the 90's (even if our money was more earned by success).
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:38 pm

I've heard Luyindula to Arsenal.

If this comes true i will be laughing my head off.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:41 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:I've heard Luyindula to Arsenal.

because hes crap?
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:41 pm

Tweedledum wrote:
    theflyingfrenchman wrote:I've heard Luyindula to Arsenal.

because hes crap?

Yes.
    Steveo

Number of posts : 133

Post by Steveo Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:22 am

Sir Parks Lives wrote:
    Roger_Hunt wrote:But Parks, surely clubs who have sold players to Chels have benefitted? And likewise clubs who have got players 'on the cheap' (basically Newcastle) and on loan (Brum)?

I'm not championing Chelsea. I'm just saying the only benifit pre - Roman for clubs like ours and Arsenal is the European competitions.

They annoy me as much as anyone, however it would be a bit hypocritical of me to say they are dominating the transfer market because we had a similar era in the 90's (even if our money was more earned by success).

We were never really big spenders (by European terms) untill after the treble win. We spent big for the prem at times but never in the same way that Chelsea inflate prices.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:28 am

Arsenal's Jose Antonio Reyes has revealed that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has cleared the way for the winger to join Real Madrid this week. (Various)

Newcastle want Wigan striker Henri Camara - only days before the two clubs meet in their Premiership opener. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle will tell Inter Milan to drop the £10m asking price for Obafemi Martins because the Magpies are looking into rumours from Nigeria that the striker is possibly six years older than his reported age of 21. (The Sun)

Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin is under pressure to give a quick decision over a possible £4m move to Middlesbrough. (Daily Mirror)

However, Distin's hopes of a move may be hit by an injury to Richard Dunne, who only as a 50-50 chance of being fit for Manchester City's match with Chelsea on Sunday because of a hamstring strain. (Daily Express)

Wigan boss Paul Jewell has warned Tottenham that the price of Pascal Chimbonda may rise if Spurs do not meet the £6m valuation of the defender before the transfer deadline on 31 August. (Various)

Ashley Cole's move from Arsenal to Chelsea looks dead in the water, with the Gunners refusing to budge from their £25m valuation of the left-back. (Various)

Portsmouth have completed the signing of former Arsenal striker Kanu, who was released by West Brom in the summer. (Various)

Czech star Marcel Licka, who until recently played for Polish side Groclin, had his chance to stake a claim for a Dundee United deal thwarted because he failed to receive clearance to play in a reserve match. (Daily Record)

Rangers have been told they will have to pay £1.2m if they want to beat Feyenoord and Borussia Dortmund to the signature of Austria Vienna defender Sasa Papac. (Daily Express)

Martin O'Neill has been told by Aston Villa he can move for Celtic midfielder Stilian Petrov. (Daily Express)

Rangers have approached Manchester United about taking 21-year-old right-back Phil Bardsley on loan. (The Sun)

Motherwell are poised to sign Calum Elliot on a season-long loan from Hearts and allow fellow striker Jim Hamilton to move to Dunfermline. (Daily Express)

Motherwell are closing in on Plymouth Argyle left-back Ryan Dickson. (Daily Express)

Hearts are interested in Benfica left-back Tiago Gomes on loan. (The Scotsman)

Rangers defender Joe-Karl Pierre-Fanfan will travel to Spain tomorrow to negotiate personal terms with Gimnastic De Tarragona. (The Herald)

Derby County are favourites to sign Rangers defender Bob Malcolm, who will move to an English Championship club by the weekend . (The Herald)

Dundee United are to open negotiations with Rangers over the signing of goalkeeper Allan McGregor. (The Herald)

Derby County will make a fresh bid for Celtic midfielder Stephen Pearson. (Daily Record)
    Clergyman Superstains
    Clergyman Superstains

Number of posts : 410
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Clergyman Superstains Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:38 pm

Whats Paul Le Guen doing at Rangers? He seems to either be bringing in United fringe players or unknown foriegn imports very cheaply. Its strange, I always thought Rangers had money behind them.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:39 pm

Clergyman Superstains wrote:Whats Paul Le Guen doing at Rangers? He seems to either be bringing in United fringe players or unknown foriegn imports very cheaply. Its strange, I always thought Rangers had money behind them.

I thought they were heavily in debt and couldn't afford to be spending millions on players and wages.
    Clergyman Superstains
    Clergyman Superstains

Number of posts : 410
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Clergyman Superstains Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:42 pm

Im not going to confess to knowing the ins and outs of Rangers finances, and your obviously right. But I seem to remember talking my mate who is a Rangers fan that he was verily excited about the new season as Le Guen was going to get a war chest. Obviously thats not happened.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:50 pm

Clergyman Superstains wrote:Im not going to confess to knowing the ins and outs of Rangers finances, and your obviously right. But I seem to remember talking my mate who is a Rangers fan that he was verily excited about the new season as Le Guen was going to get a war chest. Obviously thats not happened.

They have Lee Martin though who is gonna shine <Ale>
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:20 pm

Clergyman Superstains wrote:Whats Paul Le Guen doing at Rangers? He seems to either be bringing in United fringe players or unknown foriegn imports very cheaply. Its strange, I always thought Rangers had money behind them.
    rangers are still massively in debt from the advocatt days...it is one of the reasons why mc'leish struggled to make the squad quality... i think le guen was promised about 10 million but so far rangers have even struggled to meet 1 million valuations for certain players...so clearly there is not a lot to spend
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:11 am

Reading are poised to sign Cameroon star Andre Bikey on a season-long loan, despite his sending-off against Swedish side Orgryte IS. (Daily Star)

Feyenoord and Holland striker Dirk Kuyt is ready to snub Liverpool in favour of Newcastle. (Daily Star)

Derby have beaten West Brom in the race to sign Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli on loan. (Daily Star)

Martin O'Neill wants to use striker Juan Pablo Angel as bait to land Celtic's Stilian Petrov. (Daily Mirror)

Southampton have offered Fulham's former French defender Martin Djetou, who was released at the end of last season, a one-week trial. (Daily Star)

Dutch defender Andre Ooijer has gone on strike at PSV Eindhoven in a bid to force through his move to Premiership side Blackburn. (Daily Mirror)

Barnsley's bid for midfielder Lee Williamson has been rejected by Rotherham. (Daily Star)

Bolton are in talks with Spanish striker Diego Tristan about a move from Deportivo La Coruna. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City are considering a bid for Tottenham winger Andy Reid, although they may be unwilling to meet the £3m asking price. (The Independent)

Newcastle are ready to sign Fulham's Dutch international striker Collins John for £5m. (The Guardian)

Thomas Gravesen will tell Celtic in the next few days if he is willing to join them from Real Madrid. (Daily Record)

Rangers want to unload four players in order to sign Bosnian defender Sasa Papac this week. (Daily Record)

Manuel Fernandes is on the verge of joining Portsmouth from Portuguese side Benfica for £8.5m. (The Times)

-----------------------------------------------

Manuel fernandez deal back on ok
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:39 am

Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves will sign for Manchester United today. (The Sun)

Liverpool are set to land Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt after beating off competition from Newcastle. (Various)

Iran World Cup star Andranjik Teymourian claims he will join Bolton within two weeks on a two-season contract. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are ready to lower the asking price for Ashley Cole - not for Chelsea but for a foreign club, with Inter Milan believed to have shown an interest in the England defender. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Cole may be in the Gunners squad for Saturday's Premiership opener against Aston Villa. (Various)

Manager Arsene Wenger has told the Arsenal board to complete the sale of Cole by the end of this week. (The Independent)

Celtic have told former Parkhead boss Martin O'Neill, who is now manager of Aston Villa, that he can forget about signing midfielder Stilian Petrov. (Daily Record)

Wolves are set to complete the loan signing of 21-year-old Liverpool midfielder Darren Potter. (Various)

Ipswich want to sign Crystal Palace striker Jon Macken on loan. (Various)

Luton have made a £300,000 offer for Ipswich striker Sam Parkin, who has also been linked to Preston. (Daily Star)

Chelsea have taken 16-year-old Argentine defender Maximiliano Oliva on trial from River Plate. (Daily Mail)
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:48 am

Tweedledum wrote:Newcastle are ready to sign Fulham's Dutch international striker Collins John for £5m. (The Guardian)

T'would be a bargin! ok
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:50 am

I can't believe no one else has gone in for him this summer.

He's got bags of talent.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:53 am

He got 11 goals from 16 starts last season. Shocked

Get him signed Glenn! Exclamation Cool
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:53 am

Kimbo wrote:He got 11 goals from 16 starts last season. Shocked

Get him signed Glenn! Exclamation Cool

He also got the real goal of the season at Boro.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:57 am

& ruined Rio Sad
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:58 am

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Petrov/puede/irse/Tottenham/dasftb/20060817dasdaiftb_12/Tes/

petrov to spurs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:58 pm