Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Rez
Pierre Littbarski
zen and the art of
Deano
Cesc Soler
Brian2468
COTR
Oleguerisntthatbad
Mexicanbecks
Murray
Sgoater1
SteveOoO
Pirlo
Fey
Lard
Axeslammer
Tweesus
Super Progress
Rosicky
Sheffield gunner
Romford Pele
Ricardo Jol
bluenine
Batman
BoBo Vieri 32
blutgraetsche
Isco Benny
Parks lives
S4P
Luis
34 posters

The Champions league thread 11th April 2007

Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Champions league thread 11th April 2007 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Champions league thread 11th April 2007

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

zen and the art of wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    Just make sure Dirkie gets to win the CL and we're all right again Wink

Hopefully he'll manage to break his duck over the next 2 (3) games Ale

how many goals did Dirkie scored in the CL....? ZERO?... No
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The Champions league thread 11th April 2007 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Champions league thread 11th April 2007

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

Batman wrote:
    Murray wrote:
    Batman wrote:Any Man Utd fans feeling deja vu?

Quarter-finals
    Man. United 3-1 Internazionale

Semi-finals
    Man. United 4-3 Juventus

Quarter-finals
    Man. United 7-1 Roma

Semi-finals
    Man. United v Milan

that's not deja vu

1999 we won the treble, 2007 we can win the treble.

1999 we played Italian teams in the quarter and semi finals, same again this year.

2 years ago we beat Chelsea in the semis and Milan in the final - NOW THAT's DEJA VU

Facing sides from the same nation? Clutching? At? Straws?
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

yours truly wrote:yes but where are your goals coming from seriously.

@stop.....
    They didnt let in tons but they still struggled. United's defence in my opinion is much more rigid than Milan's.

Er...no they didn't.

They let in 0 in 2 v Man u.

They let in 3 in 4 v Barca.
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2007-04-04

Post by zen and the art of Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    zen and the art of wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    Just make sure Dirkie gets to win the CL and we're all right again Wink

Hopefully he'll manage to break his duck over the next 2 (3) games Ale

how many goals did Dirkie scored in the CL....? ZERO?... No

...Only so far. He's been saving himself because he knows we'll miss Garcia against Chelsea.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:53 pm

Saving european viewers of watching united play thrilling attacking football. United will make the final entertaining whoever we would play (not saying we would win tho)

Bayern seemed to lack ideas and Milan seemed fairly comfertable.

I hope we dont play negative boring football without desire like we did 2 years ago. Although playing at home first worries me slightly as we never attack well away from home in the CL.

Ronaldo v Kaka to decide the WPOTY award

Scholes v Pirlo

Rooney v ?????????????
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Post by zen and the art of Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Rez wrote:
    Scholes

Shouldn't even start after Fletcher and Carrick's performances last night.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Forza Hysén wrote:
    Batman wrote:
    Murray wrote:
    Batman wrote:Any Man Utd fans feeling deja vu?

Quarter-finals
    Man. United 3-1 Internazionale

Semi-finals
    Man. United 4-3 Juventus

Quarter-finals
    Man. United 7-1 Roma

Semi-finals
    Man. United v Milan

that's not deja vu

1999 we won the treble, 2007 we can win the treble.

1999 we played Italian teams in the quarter and semi finals, same again this year.

2 years ago we beat Chelsea in the semis and Milan in the final - NOW THAT's DEJA VU

Facing sides from the same nation? Clutching? At? Straws?

True, i have to agree with you my friend Hysén.

2 years ago Liverpool were out of the FA Cup, out of the title race before Jan but somehow won the CL.

This year Liverpool are out of the FA Cup, out of the title race before Nov but can win the CL.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Rez wrote:Saving european viewers of watching united play thrilling attacking football. United will make the final entertaining whoever we would play (not saying we would win tho)

Bayern seemed to lack ideas and Milan seemed fairly comfertable.

I hope we dont play negative boring football without desire like we did 2 years ago. Although playing at home first worries me slightly as we never attack well away from home in the CL.

Ronaldo v Kaka to decide the WPOTY award

Scholes v Pirlo

Rooney v ?????????????
    my words. i can see man utd getting to hype much from the game against roma. i really hope fergueson keeps their feet on the ground. once again a game with man utd has to save cl for me. Very Happy
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Post by zen and the art of Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Anyone want to guess the CL top scorer then? I think Kaká has 7 at the moment and Crouchinho and Drogba have 6.

Crouchinho's surely been the best of the lot though. 6 goals in 5 starts in the CL. Outstanding.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:14 pm

zen and the art of wrote:Anyone want to guess the CL top scorer then? I think Kaká has 7 at the moment and Crouchinho and Drogba have 6.

Crouchinho's surely been the best of the lot though. 6 goals in 5 starts in the CL. Outstanding.

and he's also got 2 in 2 starts in the KO stages, that's better than Drogba, villa,Totti and Ibra have managed. So that makes him the best striker in europe this season( well atleast according to Pierre's theory Erm )
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:17 pm

zen and the art of wrote:Anyone want to guess the CL top scorer then? I think Kaká has 7 at the moment and Crouchinho and Drogba have 6.

I'm going to say Drogba
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Agooner wrote:

and he's also got 2 in 2 starts in the KO stages, that's better than Drogba, villa,Totti and Ibra have managed. So that makes him the best striker in europe this season( well atleast according to Pierre's theory Erm )

The Champions league thread 11th April 2007 - Page 7 Shevchenko_golden_ball

The Champions league thread 11th April 2007 - Page 7 Henry_wideweb__470x302,2
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:16 am

A special mention goes to Pennant tonight, I think over the last few weeks or so he's grown in confidence, he's playing really well, he's looking more dangerous every game, his pace is tremendous and his touch and crossing is top class, If Pennant can maintain this form then he's going to be a very important figure for Liverpool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:40 pm