Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Kimbo
Oleguerisntthatbad
Deano
A & K
fcb
9 posters

Gudjohnsen open to West Ham move

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Gudjohnsen open to West Ham move Empty Gudjohnsen open to West Ham move

Post by fcb Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:54 pm

So it seems like there's been a change in the player's opinion, and a deal may happen (though it will be a long-ish negotiation). Credit to Deano's sources, he told us about this last week Ale

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=479453&CPID=23&clid=178&lid=2&title=Eidur+open+to+Hammers+move

I'll have mixed feelings if he leaves - although it's best from his perspective to perhaps move on since he won't get too much playing time with us, I really admired his commitment to initially want to stay. But I think Bojan's performances with the team in Scotland while Guddy had to stay back with an injury, may have finally swung it. I just hope we now get a good sum of money for him - the minimum should be to get back the 12 million we bought him for last year - it'll make our net spending cheaper this summer. Hopefully Newcastle or Villa or someone hear about this and get involved in a bidding war Very Happy
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Gudjohnsen open to West Ham move Empty Re: Gudjohnsen open to West Ham move

Post by A & K Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:58 pm

If they get him, they will be even more competitive. Where do they get all this cash? It's crazy how heavily they can invest in expensive players.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Ale Just posted this in the Barca thread as you posted this...so deleted it now.

Yeah...from what I can gather now is that we are negotiating with Barcelona. Fees of around £8-10m being touted. I'd be very very pleased. Losing Tevez is obviously a blow...but Ashton will be like new signing and with Bellamy and now possibly Gudjohnsen...the blow would be completely cushioned.

I hope something happens soon in order for him to be ready for the opening game at home to Man City on August 11th Ale
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Good move for Guddy.. and I think for us too. Unless he has improved massively over the summer he is still too slow both physically and mentally for playing part in the front 3.

He has an excellent character but I think that Henry, Bojan and Giovani have all shown that they grasp our playing style much better.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:If they get him, they will be even more competitive. Where do they get all this cash? It's crazy how heavily they can invest in expensive players.

We have spent about £23m...but have sold players to the value of £21m. So we've only spent £2m in theory. Magnusson wants us to be competing for the top 8 this season. He's invested a lot of money into the club and wants to build something special. It's fantastic having an owner who is so football orientated...rather than just a businessman Ale

Not just a shitty mid-table side are we AK Wink
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:04 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Good move for Guddy.. and I think for us too. Unless he has improved massively over the summer he is still too slow both physically and mentally for playing part in the front 3.

He has an excellent character but I think that Henry, Bojan and Giovani have all shown that they grasp our playing style much better.

Yeah, if this happens it'll be one of those "perfect" moves, because all parties will get the best. Instead of having to sell Deco to reduce the spending, it can be Guddy. And like you said, he's a great guy. I'll really be hoping for him to succeed at West Ham and for the rest of his career.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:37 pm

Who will partner Bellamy if he makes the move? Does this mean Ashton is out of the team? scratch
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Kimbo wrote:Who will partner Bellamy if he makes the move? Does this mean Ashton is out of the team? scratch

No...Ashton is unlikely to start in the first few games anyway due to the amount of time he was injured.

Also there are many ways of accomodating all 3.
    Peruvian Souljah
    Peruvian Souljah

Number of posts : 276
    Supports : FC Bayern München / Peru, and then Chelsea F.C.
    Favourite Player : Claudio Pizarro
    Registration date : 2007-07-21

Post by Peruvian Souljah Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:42 pm

That would be a nice sign by West Ham.

P.S. - My Best Friend and I call him " The Hobbit ". Lol!!!!!!
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Who will partner Bellamy if he makes the move? Does this mean Ashton is out of the team? scratch

No...Ashton is unlikely to start in the first few games anyway due to the amount of time he was injured.

Really? I'll have to change my fantasy team in that case. Yeah i think Gudjohnson behind those two could work.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:55 pm

I hope this works out both for Barcelona, West Ham and the player. Best for everyone, esp. Gudhjonsen who can succeed in WH imo.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:58 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Freddie Ljungberg wrote:

Really? I'll have to change my fantasy team in that case. Yeah i think Gudjohnson behind those two could work.

It's been said...though I personally think Ashton will be played from the start.

Even if he doesn't start the first 2/3..he'll be brought on at like 56 minutes...not really late.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:58 pm

Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
    Alive and Kicking wrote:If they get him, they will be even more competitive. Where do they get all this cash? It's crazy how heavily they can invest in expensive players.

We have spent about £23m...but have sold players to the value of £21m. So we've only spent £2m in theory. Magnusson wants us to be competing for the top 8 this season. He's invested a lot of money into the club and wants to build something special. It's fantastic having an owner who is so football orientated...rather than just a businessman Ale

Not just a shitty mid-table side are we AK Wink

Not anymore, the 'Irons' are going to be a very good team with new players like Ljungberg, Faubert (when he'll be fit again), Guddy, and so forth. Ale Ale
    Peruvian Souljah
    Peruvian Souljah

Post by Peruvian Souljah Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Hopefully Gudjohnsen, Gets time to play in games, or gets started.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Peruvian Souljah wrote:Hopefully Gudjohnsen, Gets time to play in games, or gets started.

He would be...

We are now building a great squad. I'm looking forward to this season. Players like Parker, Bellamy and Ljungberg are great signings. Lucas Neill is now the captain and both Ashton and Upson are like new signings. Not forgetting Faubert to come back from injury...and the likes of Noble, Green, Gabbidon, Zamora and Ferdinand. It's likely we'll be in for another 2 players anyway...maybe Kieron Dyer will be one?

We also have been playing a lot of academy players in pre-season...such as Hogan Ephraim, Kyel Reid, Jack Collison, Jordan Spence, James Tomkins.

Our club is going well in the right direction Ale
    Peruvian Souljah
    Peruvian Souljah

Post by Peruvian Souljah Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:10 pm

Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
    Peruvian Souljah wrote:Hopefully Gudjohnsen, Gets time to play in games, or gets started.

He would be...

We are now building a great squad. I'm looking forward to this season. Players like Parker, Bellamy and Ljungberg are great signings. Lucas Neill is now the captain and both Ashton and Upson are like new signings. Not forgetting Faubert to come back from injury...and the likes of Noble, Green, Gabbidon, Zamora and Ferdinand. It's likely we'll be in for another 2 players anyway...maybe Kieron Dyer will be one?

We also have been playing a lot of academy players in pre-season...such as Hogan Ephraim, Kyel Reid, Jack Collison, Jordan Spence, James Tomkins.

Our club is going well in the right direction Ale

Parker has such a great leg. I think He could make an amazing goal from Midfield. afro

Last edited by on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:13 pm

Which leg?
    Peruvian Souljah
    Peruvian Souljah

Post by Peruvian Souljah Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:14 pm

Kimbo wrote:Which leg?

His right.................
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Peruvian Souljah wrote:

Yeah, his left leg is short though, it often leads to him spinning around in circles.
    Peruvian Souljah
    Peruvian Souljah

Post by Peruvian Souljah Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Peruvian Souljah wrote:

Yeah, his left leg is short though, it often leads to him spinning around in circles.

lol! . That's so messed up.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:23 pm

Peruvian Souljah wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Peruvian Souljah wrote:

It's true though. He looks like he's break dancing, he gets the ball and spins round and round and round and round. I don't know if he's just trying to confuse the opposition or what, but it can be quite annoying.
    Peruvian Souljah
    Peruvian Souljah

Post by Peruvian Souljah Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:27 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Peruvian Souljah wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Peruvian Souljah wrote:

It's true though. He looks like he's break dancing, he gets the ball and spins round and round and round and round. I don't know if he's just trying to confuse the opposition or what, but it can be quite annoying.

LMFAO!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol!
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:48 pm

Eidur is not on Barcelona's Asian tour...and from what I've been told Arnor has held talks with Magnusson.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:49 pm

He's not on tour because of injury. Nothing to do with any impending transfer.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:54 pm

kas wrote:He's not on tour because of injury. Nothing to do with any impending transfer.

lol! lol! They would say that anyway. They aren't going to come out with "We are selling him so he's not on the tour" It's common knowledge that we are interested and that you would be interested in selling him.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
    kas wrote:He's not on tour because of injury. Nothing to do with any impending transfer.

lol! lol! They would say that anyway. They aren't going to come out with "We are selling him so he's not on the tour" It's common knowledge that we are interested and that you would be interested in selling him.

I know, but trust me on this - if he was fit he would have gone on the tour (especially because Bojan will miss out and has to go to the U17 World Cup with Spain) and then flown back if/when a deal happened. Also, the tour is quite short, only 10 days long I think. This transfer will take a while so if was fit he would have gone on the tour, and they would discuss the transfer when he returned. And his injury is a knee injury which he got 2 weeks ago, and would have kept him out for a month, so it's not some minor muscle strain that they're making a big deal out of. When he got the injury it was already known that he's a doubt for the Asian tour as well.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:04 pm

+ they say they are happy if he want to stay, but will not refuse him to leave if he wants to. Meaning if they could they'd take him with them, in case he wanted to stay
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Riviera wrote:+ they say they are happy if he want to stay, but will not refuse him to leave if he wants to. Meaning if they could they'd take him with them, in case he wanted to stay

Fair enough...but the messages I'm getting are that this will happen soon ok
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:09 pm

Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
    Riviera wrote:+ they say they are happy if he want to stay, but will not refuse him to leave if he wants to. Meaning if they could they'd take him with them, in case he wanted to stay

I hope so. This summer our outgoing transfers are dragging out a bit too much for my own liking...there's a lot of "shadow boxing" going on for Belletti, Ezquerro, and Gudjohnsen without anything concrete, while Motta and Maxi's situations have just stagnated.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:12 pm

kas wrote:
    Freddie Ljungberg wrote:

I hope so. This summer our outgoing transfers are dragging out a bit too much for my own liking...there's a lot of "shadow boxing" going on for Belletti, Ezquerro, and Gudjohnsen without anything concrete, while Motta and Maxi's situations have just stagnated.

I think with Eidur is that due to his quality you'd be happy enough to keep him...but with the players you also have there...you'd listen to offers. What you have to remember is ever since the Darren Bent deal went tits up because Tottenham had 2 days to hijack it...Magnusson has kept quiet about all our deals.

The signings of Faubert, Wright and Ljungberg all happened pretty much when it was reported we wanted them. ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:17 pm