Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Kimbo
Bashmachkin
Mexicanbecks
Tweesus
Deano
Batman
10 posters

Solano eyes West Ham move

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Solano eyes West Ham move Empty Solano eyes West Ham move

Post by Batman Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:24 pm

Nolberto Solano has revealed that he could secure a switch to West Ham in the next couple of days.

The versatile Peruvian is eager to move to London to be closer to his family, but admits it will be up to the two clubs to decide.

Solano has also attracted interest from Spain but insists he will happily stay at St James' Park if he cannot go to the capital.

"It is up to West Ham and Newcastle to decide what happens," Solano told the Newcastle Chronicle.

"The reason I want to go to London is because my wife and two children have moved there.

"Yes, there are teams in Spain interested in me, but I won't go. The only reason I will leave Newcastle is to go to London.

"It hasn't been an easy decision, but this is part of life.

"I know I am a professional footballer, but sometimes you have to put your family first - and that's what I am doing."

Newcastle future

Solano has been at Newcastle since 1998, though he did have an 18-month spell at Aston Villa, and he believes the club has a bright future under Sam Allardyce.

"Sam Allardyce is a great man - I have spoken to him and he said he will not stop me if I need to go," he explained.

"But he has also told me that if I want to stay then it will not be a problem.

"And if nothing comes from West Ham or London I will stay and be a part of this team because I feel that something big is starting to happen here.

"Being at Newcastle United is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I would love them to win something whether I am here or not."
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Solano eyes West Ham move Empty Re: Solano eyes West Ham move

Post by Deano Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:28 pm

All I can say is he better be coming down here with Dyer.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:29 pm

West Ham seem set on signing at least one of Newcastle's right wingers. Next they'll be putting an offer in for Milner! (he'd actually be a great buy, though he'd cost a fair bit I imagine)
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:32 pm

Tweedle wrote:West Ham seem set on signing at least one of Newcastle's right wingers. Next they'll be putting an offer in for Milner! (he'd actually be a great buy, though he'd cost a fair bit I imagine)

We've been knocked back with our bids for Milner Laughing (When Roeder was in charge).
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:35 pm

would be an interesting buy ok
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:39 am

This is quite a sudden one, and quite a sad one too because Nobby is a player whose love for Newcastle is clear and whose love is reciprocated by the fans. It seemed likely just a while ago that he would stay with us for another season then go back to Boca Juniors and slowly wind up his career. Personally, I think he is still by far the obvious choice for right back. He is infinitely better than Carr in all respects - reads and understands the game better, links with his teammates defensively and calms rather than agitates or disappears, whilst offensively hes still the best passer of the ball we have, probably our best from set pieces, and has always created and linked the play well. I dont know whether its the uncertainty over his future that is making Allardyce play Carr, or whether he is stuck on having stronger, defensive fullbacks - for me, having Enrique at left back, who is tall and supposedly defensively minded, alongside Taylor and Rozehnal, means we should easily be able to accomodate Solano and not lose any height advantage.

What Ive heard is that Solano cheated on his wife whilst at Villa, so shes left him and moved down to London, and hes decided to follow for his children. So its understandable if he does go, but I think it would be a great shame and Id be sorry to lose him. The suggestion Ive heard is that, if he did go to West Ham, it might be part of an £8-9million deal with Dyer.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:51 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:This is quite a sudden one, and quite a sad one too because Nobby is a player whose love for Newcastle is clear and whose love is reciprocated by the fans. It seemed likely just a while ago that he would stay with us for another season then go back to Boca Juniors and slowly wind up his career. Personally, I think he is still by far the obvious choice for right back. He is infinitely better than Carr in all respects - reads and understands the game better, links with his teammates defensively and calms rather than agitates or disappears, whilst offensively hes still the best passer of the ball we have, probably our best from set pieces, and has always created and linked the play well. I dont know whether its the uncertainty over his future that is making Allardyce play Carr, or whether he is stuck on having stronger, defensive fullbacks - for me, having Enrique at left back, who is tall and supposedly defensively minded, alongside Taylor and Rozehnal, means we should easily be able to accomodate Solano and not lose any height advantage.

What Ive heard is that Solano cheated on his wife whilst at Villa, so shes left him and moved down to London, and hes decided to follow for his children. So its understandable if he does go, but I think it would be a great shame and Id be sorry to lose him. The suggestion Ive heard is that, if he did go to West Ham, it might be part of an £8-9million deal with Dyer.

ok The old dog got his mistress AND wife up the duff in the same week. Fertile bastard!
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:52 pm

Welcome back Kimbo. Where have you been?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:57 pm

DD wrote:Welcome back Kimbo. Where have you been?

France, in the alps. Frog birds are generally far better looking than english ones, that's what i learnt. Ale
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:08 pm

Kimbo wrote:

France, in the alps. Frog birds are generally far better looking than english ones, that's what i learnt. Ale

Frog birds are fit Ale were you hiking?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:10 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Frog birds are fit Ale were you hiking?

Yeah, i wouldn't call it hiking exactly, juist walking. Did a bit of mountain biking aswell. It's surprisingly hot there this time of year, 30C+. affraid
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Nice. I love the Alps. The weather there in August is usually good to be honest. Its always incredibly clear
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:31 am

It must be very hard for Solano to leave a club that he loved to play for, and gave so much to. Ñol really LOVED Newcastle, but blood is thicker than water. Although there are some really thick fuckos out there, they're probably drug users and shite, but hey that's their life, and ignorance is bliss or so we're told.

We shall see whether or not Ñol shines playing for West Ham. He's close to his kids and ex-wife again (whom he still loves), so we'll see Nobby sending his balls left and right to Bellamy and "overrated ass" Ashton. Biggrin <Ale>

Come on Hammers GET IN! <Ale> Biggrin
    Jago
    Jago

Number of posts : 179
    Supports : Aston Villa
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Jago Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:20 am

Puro wrote:Although there are some really thick fuckos out there, they're probably drug users and shite, but hey that's their life, and ignorance is bliss or so we're told.

What the f@ck are you on about? Do you have mental problems?
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:30 pm

Puro wrote:
    We shall see whether or not Ñol shines playing for West Ham. He's close to his kids and ex-wife again (whom he still loves), so we'll see Nobby sending his balls left and right to Bellamy and "overrated ass" Ashton. Biggrin <Ale>

Ashton is probably the one most likely to do well off his service.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:30 pm