Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Alves deal not done - Chelsea

tonigol

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2007-07-29

Alves deal not done - Chelsea Empty Alves deal not done - Chelsea

Post by tonigol Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:54 am

Reports from Spain on Tuesday claimed the 24-year-old was on the verge of signing a £24.5 million deal with the Blues after chief executive Peter Kenyon had thrashed out a deal with the UEFA Cup holders in a Madrid hotel.

But a Chelsea statement read: "Contrary to reports from Spain, Chelsea Football Club has not reached an agreement for the transfer of Daniel Alves from Sevilla.

"Chelsea FC has confirmed its interest in the player to the club but as yet there is no agreement."

Nonetheless, it would appear the Brazil international's future at Sevilla is at an end after he was left out of the squad for their Champions League qualifier against AEK Athens.

Had he played in the tournament, Sevilla's intentions to maximise revenue from any potential transfer would be affected by way of the player being cup-tied.

"The decision to play or not on Wednesday is mine," Alves said. "And I don't have to think very hard about it because if I do, then a lot of doors will close for me.

"I want to grow as a player and if I have to do that at a new club then so be it."

Sevilla boss Juande Ramos confirmed he is resigned to losing Alves, who plays at right-back but likes to push forward.

"It's true that Daniel has an important role in this team, especially in our attacking play," he said.

"It's also true that two teams like Real Madrid and Chelsea are trying to acquire his services.

"We will try to overcome his absence with another player who will show the same ambition as him."

The news that a deal with Chelsea has hit a hitch is sure to alert Real Madrid, who are also believed to be keen capturing Alves.

TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Alves deal not done - Chelsea Empty Re: Alves deal not done - Chelsea

Post by TM Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:55 am

It's been posted in the Alves thread in the Euro board and in the Chelsea Thread.
    tonigol

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2007-07-29

Post by tonigol Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:56 am

ahhh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:48 am