Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Super Progress
SuperMario
Sheffield gunner
3zycupid
EM Seleção e Selecção
TM
Batman
briz
Ringhio
Tweesus
L r d hAsta LueGo
DeLux
Juligen
StevieG
Luso
TITO
golsud
Isco Benny
gone
The-Frank-Tavern
The Vermonster
dont panic!
mongrel hawk
Torrente
Zack
Lard
Romford Pele
Knoblauch
Rez
robert
Axeslammer
bluenine
Red n' Black
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Murray
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Tom
fcb
Calidad
Mexicanbecks
Dejan Savićević
pauloduarte
The Bulk
lampiao007
Dwarf
Cesc Soler
50 posters

CL Group D Thread - AC Milan - Benfica - Celtic - Shakhtar

Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

CL Group D Thread - AC Milan - Benfica - Celtic - Shakhtar - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Group D Thread - AC Milan - Benfica - Celtic - Shakhtar

Post by Red n' Black Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Fret not, it might happen at somepoint, especially with this obsession to hire ex-players as of late. And i don't like Rijkaard any more than Van Basten to be honest Wink

Ideally Lippi or Spaletti(no chance for him though). Prandelli, Hiddink, Mourinho would do fine.

But i don't think Carlo will go anytime soon, unless he decides that by himself.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CL Group D Thread - AC Milan - Benfica - Celtic - Shakhtar - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Group D Thread - AC Milan - Benfica - Celtic - Shakhtar

Post by Axeslammer Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:16 pm

Red n' Black wrote:Fret not, it might happen at somepoint, especially with this obsession to hire ex-players as of late. And i don't like Rijkaard any more than Van Basten to be honest Wink

Oi, whatever happened to "Marco per sempre" ?! Wink
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:29 pm

Of course, i love MVB, Gullit and Rijkaard. They were awesome players for us, true legends. I just don't think we should hire them as managers because of that though Razz
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:02 pm

Gullit and MVB definately not.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:41 am

Red n' Black wrote:If Celtic play for the win against us, there is a pretty big chance we'll whoop them. And no, i'm not being arrogant, it's just the way things are. When we play against anti-football teams like Catania, that put 10 men behind ball and wait for a counterattack then we have problems. I am not criticising this, as it is probably the right way to play against big teams. However, when teams do try and play attacking football against us, we're at our best. This is no secret, we could never grind out results and 1-0's the way Juve could(and apparently still can).

I dont think they will attack you, they will fight you for every ball and Milan wont have any time on the ball.

I dont think Milan will win, as Celtic never lose at home and Milan havent been playing that well recently.
    Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
    Registration date : 2007-03-01

Post by Knoblauch Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Most people look to this group, and think, Milan will qualify, and, it's anyones guess from the other three.
    Considering the weak team Benfica had in the first game, I was most unimpressed by Milan, I think they'll have more problems than most imagine.
    Big game for Benfica tonight, anything less than a win will make staying in the champions league extremely difficult.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:45 pm

I think Milan's moment of truth will come during the 2 back to back games against Shaktar... Unless they raise their game, Shaktar could shock them and put their qualification in jeopardy.

But Milan usually do turn up during big nights in europe...

Johninho wrote:Most people look to this group, and think, Milan will qualify, and, it's anyones guess from the other three.
    Considering the weak team Benfica had in the first game, I was most unimpressed by Milan, I think they'll have more problems than most imagine.
    Big game for Benfica tonight, anything less than a win will make staying in the champions league extremely difficult.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:40 pm

So far there is no sense of urgency from Milan... it almost looks like they are ok with 0-0...
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Second party in a row in Scotland tonight!
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:45 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:Second party in a row in Scotland Glasgow tonight!

No one else in Scotland will be cheering for the scum.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:46 pm

I thought Rangers were hated more?
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:46 pm

Calidad wrote:

It's good for scottish football though you must say that. Imagine if they both make the knockout stages Shocked
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:48 pm

With the limited funds as well they are punching way above their weight!
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:I thought Rangers were hated more?

They're both despised as much as each other.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Calidad wrote:

I sense jealousy Wink
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:56 pm

L r d wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

It's good for scottish football though you must say that. Imagine if they both make the knockout stages Shocked

Celtic & Rangers are scum who have destroyed Scottish football. A plague on both their houses.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

I sense jealousy Wink

I'm not jealous. I couldn't give a toss whether they do well or not. Being born in England (as having as much English in me as Scottish) I'm more detached from Scottish rivalries, but I'm still fully aware that they do very little for Scottish football, and are supported by the dregs of society.
    Zack

Number of posts : 1571
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by Zack Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:05 pm

By the looks of things and however melodramitic Dida was, theres a big big chance that Celtic might loses there 3 points..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7027114.stm

All because of that idiot fan, now that would be hurtful....
    Lard
    Lard

Post by Lard Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Zack_thfc wrote:By the looks of things and however melodramitic Dida was, theres a big big chance that Celtic might loses there 3 points..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7027114.stm

All because of that idiot fan, now that would be hurtful....

The thing is though dida got a tiny slap, realised he could go down hurt then did. He was not hurt at all but he went off injured just so milan have a chance of getting the 3 points. He was as pathetic as the fan
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:08 pm

I still think it's harsh and as LRD said Dida did make the most of it. C0ck!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:11 pm

Dida's acting has nothing to do with it. The fact is, the fan went onto the pitch, and that is automatically an offense. If Dida was actually hurt, then the fan would face additional criminal charges on top of expulsion from the club (and probably city, though he might be offered honorary Rangers membership).

Anyway, I doubt UEFA will dock them points. Precedent is for a *huge* fine, and a stadium closure for 3 matches, which is like disqualifying them, because Celtic's strength is their home fans.
    Lard
    Lard

Post by Lard Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13 pm

Ancelotti just said, the incident has no affect on the result, and he wont be making any complaints.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Yeah, expect a money fine and playing your home games behind an empty stadium.

Dida did go down shamefully tho - that guy is a disgrace as a player and a person.

kas wrote:Dida's acting has nothing to do with it. The fact is, the fan went onto the pitch, and that is automatically an offense. If Dida was actually hurt, then the fan would face additional criminal charges on top of expulsion from the club (and probably city, though he might be offered honorary Rangers membership).

Anyway, I doubt UEFA will dock them points. Precedent is for a *huge* fine, and a stadium closure for 3 matches, which is like disqualifying them, because Celtic's strength is their home fans.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:07 am

HA HA celtic beats Milan and they say Kaka should be the WPOTY.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:32 am

He led them to CL glory though...it's a bad start to this season.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:52 am

So did Dinho and Eto'o in 06 and Henry did the same for arsenal(though they didn't win) and none of them won the WPOTY an d to think i put him in my CL team after Milan got the easiest group for the 3rd year running and all he could do is score a PK,Should have spent that money on the true WPOTY Messi.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:34 am

My only regret is that the Celtic fan didn't hit Dida harder.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:37 am

Messiah wrote:So did Dinho and Eto'o in 06 and Henry did the same for arsenal(though they didn't win) and none of them won the WPOTY an d to think i put him in my CL team after Milan got the easiest group for the 3rd year running and all he could do is score a PK,Should have spent that money on the true WPOTY Messi.

What kind of bullshit logic is that? Kaka did score after all anyway. It's not like Milan lost because of Kaka's fault.

And didn't Barcelona get knocked out of the UEFA Cup with Dinho in the team by Celtic a few years ago? Now THAT is embarassing. I guess Dinho should be stripped of all his awards Erm

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:26 am

Messiah wrote:So did Dinho and Eto'o in 06 and Henry did the same for arsenal(though they didn't win) and none of them won the WPOTY an d to think i put him in my CL team after Milan got the easiest group for the 3rd year running and all he could do is score a PK,Should have spent that money on the true WPOTY Messi.

Wow this post is almost as bad as Dida.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:28 am

Maybe whenever we use the word 'bad' or 'fuckface' on this forum, we can just substitute the word 'Dida'. Erm

Did I mention I hate Dida?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 am