Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
AsianBoy
Fey
Since 1888
Torrente
Tom
Machiavel
Deluded F*ck™
The-Frank-Tavern
Brian2468
fcb
DS
Axeslammer
S4P
Tweesus
F!!! then E!!! then Y
19 posters

Ten Cate signs a three year contract at Chelsea

F!!! then E!!! then Y
    F!!! then E!!! then Y

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2007-10-04

Ten Cate signs a three year contract at Chelsea Empty Ten Cate signs a three year contract at Chelsea

Post by F!!! then E!!! then Y Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:41 pm

Henk ten Cate naar Chelsea

Verwacht wordt dat Henk ten Cate volgende week een driejarig contract tekent bij Chelsea. Gesprekken tussen de trainer van Ajax en de leiding van de Engelse topclub zouden in de afrondende fase zijn.

Ten Cate moet de spelersgroep van Chelsea weer op scherp krijgen. Dit na het vertrek van trainer José Mourinho twee weken geleden. Avram Grant zal aanblijven als manager. Ten Cate zal de trainingen leiden. Dit deed de Amsterdammer ook al in Barcelona onder Frank Rijkaard.

Als opvolger van Ten Cate bij de Amsterdammers wordt Martin Jol genoemd. De Hagenaar staat onder druk bij Tottenham Hotspur.

Confounded says I...Ten Cate to Chelsea, next week Jol to Ajax. Phew, I always thought the Jews would go for Adriaanse..
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Ten Cate signs a three year contract at Chelsea Empty Re: Ten Cate signs a three year contract at Chelsea

Post by Tweesus Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Has he been signed as an assistant manager or as head coach?
    F!!! then E!!! then Y
    F!!! then E!!! then Y

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2007-10-04

Ten Cate signs a three year contract at Chelsea Empty Re: Ten Cate signs a three year contract at Chelsea

Post by F!!! then E!!! then Y Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Assistant manager, but the main reason that Chelsea wants him is that he and Ronaldinho are some sort of gaylovers.

Hence Dinho will move to Chelsea soon.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:02 pm

Its a well known fact that Dinho will go there soon enough. By this time next year Dinho will certainly be a chelsea player Ale

Kaka is also supposed to be being courted by Chelsea, but I'm not so sure that he'd want to go. Also going on the evidence of the Brazil national team, Dinho and Kaka do not work as a partnership.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:30 pm

I think it's amazing how much Dinho's reputation has fallen in the last 12-18 months, when I say that out of Barcelona's 4 'star' forwards, he's the one I'd least want to see at the Bridge. I still think he would be a good signing (as long as the price is reasonable) would he deserve a place over Malouda or Joe Cole if both are playing well (which they are at the moment)?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:31 pm

F!!! then E!!! then Y wrote:

Confounded says I...Ten Cate to Chelsea, next week Jol to Ajax. Phew, I always thought the Jews would go for Adriaanse..

Jaakke and Van Geel don't want Co, they're afraid he'd actually get Ajax to play decent again Laugh
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:50 pm

This is disturbing Ten Cate manager of Ajax , former assistant manager of Barcelona gets a no 2 job under Grant (who?).
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:53 pm

Why is everyone suddenly so certain Ronaldinho will sign for Chelsea. Mark my words, if he leaves us next summer, Milan will still be in pole position.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:53 pm

Dark Savante wrote:This is disturbing Ten Cate manager of Ajax , former assistant manager of Barcelona gets a no 2 job under Grant (who?).

The talk is that Ten Cate will be the Director of Football, so he'll technically be above Grant.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:56 pm

kas wrote:
    Dark Savante wrote:This is disturbing Ten Cate manager of Ajax , former assistant manager of Barcelona gets a no 2 job under Grant (who?).

The talk is that Ten Cate will be the Director of Football, so he'll technically be above Grant.
    Better if it was as assistant manager then really it would be stupid.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:58 pm

Ten Cate.... I do not know much about this guy is he any good?
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:00 pm

he was the right hand man to rijkaard during ecl win and was said by many to be the tactician of the 2
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:03 pm

S4P wrote:I think it's amazing how much Dinho's reputation has fallen in the last 12-18 months, when I say that out of Barcelona's 4 'star' forwards, he's the one I'd least want to see at the Bridge. I still think he would be a good signing (as long as the price is reasonable) would he deserve a place over Malouda or Joe Cole if both are playing well (which they are at the moment)?

Bloogy hell Swarpy, if you're going to quote me, at least get it right:

The warrior/colussous that is John Terry was very slow to react to the ricochet for Villa's goal, but he was very good in the 2nd half, and not for the 1st time Joaquin had A.Cole's number. Mikel or Makalele w/Essien - not together, nor all 3.

Can become:

The warrior/colussous that is John Terry... was very good... and not for the 1st time.

Otherwise I'll be forced to sue you for defamation of character. Wink
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:05 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:he was the right hand man to rijkaard during ecl win and was said by many to be the tactician of the 2
    Interesting Chelsea could be moving attractively forward aggressively... pirat
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:05 pm

and not for the 1st time Joaquin had A.Cole's number.
    in fairness in the 1st half he had no protection and got isoltaed 2 on 1 on 3 or 4 occasions, so its no wonder he looked bad
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Brian2468 wrote:Ten Cate.... I do not know much about this guy is he any good?

Nope.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:11 pm

raifael, as a numero 2 he is Ok just don't thnk he's any good as a no. 1
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:13 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:raifael, as a numero 2 he is Ok just don't thnk he's any good as a no. 1

Your right , hes better as a assistant. I cant see him being head coach at Chelsea.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185

Post by Tom Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:34 pm

Raifael wrote:

Nope.
    scratch im not barcas biggest fan, but he was the brains behind rijkaard at points! so i think he'd be good for us!
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 pm

He's like Quieroz - excellent assistant manager, $h!t full manager.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:39 pm

Queiroz wasnt that bad his short squad got tired in the 2nd half of the season.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:40 pm

He was partly at fault for not managing it well, even though the board (supposedly) didn't buy more players when he requested them.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:41 pm

ballack wrote:
    Raifael wrote:

Nope.
    scratch im not barcas biggest fan, but he was the brains behind rijkaard at points! so i think he'd be good for us!

I think he's a very good acquistion. And its undeniable that he has some infleunce over some Barca players. Maybe Chelsea will make a triple swoop for dinho, messi and Iniesta in the summer Wink
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Ibracadabra™️ wrote:
    S4P wrote:I think it's amazing how much Dinho's reputation has fallen in the last 12-18 months, when I say that out of Barcelona's 4 'star' forwards, he's the one I'd least want to see at the Bridge. I still think he would be a good signing (as long as the price is reasonable) would he deserve a place over Malouda or Joe Cole if both are playing well (which they are at the moment)?

The warrior/colussous that is John Terry was very slow to react to the ricochet for Villa's goal, but he was very good in the 2nd half, and not for the 1st time Joaquin had A.Cole's number. Mikel or Makalele w/Essien - not together, nor all 3.

Can become:

The warrior/colussous that is John Terry... was very good... and not for the 1st time.

I accidentally erased a few words Whistle Wink

I'll remove it
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:14 pm

Happy now TS? Ale
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Queiroz wasnt that bad his short squad got tired in the 2nd half of the season.

I agree that he should have had a stronger squad in terms of substitutes and we did play amazing football in the first round. But after we lost the Spanish Cup final he completely lost control of the dressing room. We lost 5 games in a row at the end of the season (a club record) and he simply couldn't motivate the players. The way he failed to get a rise out of the team during bad times proved to me that he wasn't coaching material, at least not for a big team.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:56 pm

S4P wrote:
    Ibracadabra™️ wrote:

Can become:

I accidentally erased a few words Whistle Wink

I'll remove it

Nah, you can keep it Smiley just on the wind up - great pic of Droggy though ok
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 pm

I know but it was never my intention to keep it (well at least to keep it until you'd seen/commented on it Wink

Drogba > God Ale
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:06 pm

kas wrote:He's like Quieroz - excellent assistant manager, $h!t full manager.

Bull

Ten Cate isn't a great head coach but not an abmysal one either. True, he had/is having a very bad spell at Ajax, I think that's mostly because the quality isnt there and that's also sporting directors fault.

His lower profile jobs though he did great. He was the best Sparta coach of the last 20 years and did great in all his other head coach jobs also.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:08 pm

Wow, that's my mistake then. I honestly didn't know he's been head coach before, always thought he was an assistant manager or first team coach.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:44 am