Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
TheCrazy58
Z&H
110%
robert
StevieG
Pierre Littbarski
Dwarf
Glenarch of the Glen
shazlx
Rosy
Kimbo
Deluded F*ck™
The Pröfessör
Machiavel
Hlebagone
Fey
Isco Benny
Luis
L r d hAsta LueGo
Deano
Tom
Tweesus
Football Genius
S4P
Puro
Sgoater1
SuperMario
Cesc Soler
The-Frank-Tavern
Sheffield gunner
The Bulk
DS
Black Magic
37 posters

Carling Cup Quarter Finals

SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Carling Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: Carling Cup Quarter Finals

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Riley is the ref for tonight so Blackburn can play their thugball. Glad we're playing our B squad/youngsters.

I would start Nacer Barazite at RM. If he starts he'll score. Most uderhyped Dutch player, scoring for fun in the Reserves. Would already have played in the CC last season, if he wouldn't have been called up for the Dutch U-17 squad.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:25 pm

Seen Barazite a lot at Underhill, very talented player who is a class above almost anyone in the reserves. Of the two Dutch players we've bought recently, Barazite has been much more impressive than Van Den Berg. I'd start him, I think he's ready. <Ale>

(too bad about his surname aye)
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:43 pm

The-Frankinsense-Tavern wrote:redknapp was the same on sky poured over eboue failed to mention the terry challenge on cesc until gullitt piped up.

Yet again an overreaction. Terry played the ball (Did he even hit Cesc either). When Gerrard does that everyone says 'great tackle'.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:45 pm

played the ball could have stopped but decided to take cesc out too, watch the game without your rose tinted specs and you may learn something
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:46 pm

S4P wrote:
    The-Frankinsense-Tavern wrote:redknapp was the same on sky poured over eboue failed to mention the terry challenge on cesc until gullitt piped up.

Yet again an overreaction. Terry played the ball (Did he even hit Cesc either). When Gerrard does that everyone says 'great tackle'.

Get out of it, his tackle was intentionally followed through, anybody whos played football will recognise this, he could have bended his legs to either help avoid or cushion the impact, instead he followed through studs first, he had the intention of making sure he caught Fabregas and he did...

Dirty coont. Ale
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:47 pm

Black Magic wrote:Seen Barazite a lot at Underhill, very talented player who is a class above almost anyone in the reserves. Of the two Dutch players we've bought recently, Barazite has been much more impressive than Van Den Berg. I'd start him, I think he's ready. <Ale>

What's wrong with his surname?
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:48 pm

Christmas Genius wrote:
    S4P wrote:

Get out of it, his tackle was intentionally followed through, anybody whos played football will recognise this, he could have bended his legs to either help avoid or cushion the impact, instead he followed through studs first, he had the intention of making sure he caught Fabregas and he did...

Dirty coont. Ale

The reason the left leg came through was to avoid it from 'bending'. As someone who plays football, I'm sure you'll understand how easy it is to break your leg by trying to do what you said he should have done.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Christmas Genius wrote:
    S4P wrote:

Dirty coont. Ale
    ok now you know it must be right Frank & Fg agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185

Post by Tom Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:50 pm

He should have kicked him in the face. Also, with that injury to Eboue all i have to say is couldn't happen to a nicer player! lets hope he's out for a while.

Only 2 arsenal players i dislike are fabregas and eboue, everyone is else is pretty cool.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:51 pm

I'd start:

Fabinski

Hoyte Senderos Song Traore

Barazite Diarra Denilson Diaby

Eduardo Bendtner

Bench:
    34 Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)
    36 Mark RANDALL (Age 18)
    40 Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)
    41 Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)
    42 Fran MERIDA (Age 17)
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:53 pm

S4P wrote:
    Christmas Genius wrote:
    S4P wrote:

Dirty coont. Ale

The reason the left leg came through was to avoid it from 'bending'. As someone who plays football, I'm sure you'll understand how easy it is to break your leg by trying to do what you said he should have done.

LOL what awful justification, any engineer / architect will tell you a triangle is the strongest shape design hence the supports on bridges.

When you bend your leg, what shape do you make, thats right you got it....

ALSO.... he had the momentum and the only barrier would have Fabregas who would have taken the impact, thus you can confidentially suggest would have ended up worst off if he was caught in a delicate place or with enough impact..

Franks got it right, get those tinted glasses off, it was an awful challenge and also totally uneccessary.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:54 pm

Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:Seen Barazite a lot at Underhill, very talented player who is a class above almost anyone in the reserves. Of the two Dutch players we've bought recently, Barazite has been much more impressive than Van Den Berg. I'd start him, I think he's ready. <Ale>

Nacer Barashite. I've already heard opposition fans say it. If he makes it with us, he has to be prepared to hear this week in week out.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:54 pm

As far as I am concerned Terry lost it a bit on Sunday. He was getting way too confrontational and lost his discipline a couple of times. The tackle on Cesc was completely unnecessary. He got the ball first and didn't really make a heavy contact with Fabregas but the situation didn't need him to fly in like that. Cesc was on the floor and Terry could have kicked the ball away normally but instead lunged into the challenge.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:55 pm

Black Magic wrote:

Nacer Barashite. I've already heard opposition fans say it. If he makes it with us, he has to be prepared to hear this week in week out.

He should change it by default to Max Power ok
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Black Magic wrote:

He should change it by default to Max Power ok

Or............. Nacer Thompson. "When I say hello Mr. Thompson and tap your foot you nod."

"Hello Mr. Thompson" *repeatedly taps foot*

*Homer whispers to other guy* "I think he's talking to you"
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Christmas Genius wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    Christmas Genius wrote:
    S4P wrote:

Dirty coont. Ale

LOL what awful justification, any engineer / architect will tell you a triangle is the strongest shape design hence the supports on bridges.

When you bend your leg, what shape do you make, thats right you got it....

ALSO.... he had the momentum and the only barrier would have Fabregas who would have taken the impact, thus you can confidentially suggest would have ended up worst off if he was caught in a delicate place or with enough impact..

Franks got it right, get those tinted glasses off, it was an awful challenge and also totally uneccessary.

Look at his positioning, he couldn't possibly bend his leg sidewards. The only way would have been to bend it backwards (where he brought it forward from), which would be a dangerous position to fall heavy on (especially with that c**t Fabregas as you never know what he's gonna do next)

It would've been an awful challenge if he had taken the man and not played the ball. But he did play the ball, so where's the problem? The only time I can remember a ref giving a pen for supposed 'intent' was Gerrard v Sheff Utd, but we know Gerrard plays to different rules so that's irrelevant. You see tackles like that in nearly every single game, which go unnoticed.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Errr, no you don't see tackles like that in every game.

What Gerrard has to do with this i've no idea... We're discussing John Terrys tackle on Fabregas.

And i verhermently disagree, Terry had every opportunity to pull out of the challenge and decided not to, he made contact and fortunately for Fabregas it wasn't a huge impact, because if he for example caught him in the ribs which was quite possible with him lyeing on the floor things could have been a lot worse.

No justification, it was a cynical challenge with which he knew very well what he was doing, infact he was so determined the fact one of his own players was in the way meant nothing to him.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Blueeeeeeee Moooooon,
    You saw me standing alooooooone,
    Without a dream in my hearrrrrt,
    Without a love of my owwwwwn.

Come On City!!!

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:23 pm

To be fair Fabregas would have deserved it if he caught him full on. Fabregas has one of them coming to him, it's just a matter of time <Ale>
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:24 pm

wot just like Cr has one coming to him? another one with rose tinted specs
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:25 pm

The-Frankinsense-Tavern wrote:wot just like Cr has one coming to him? another one with rose tinted specs

Yeah because Ronaldo makes dirty tackles Doh
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Agenda LRD he doesnt like Ronaldo , cant see him succesful, as he has said many times.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:27 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Agenda LRD he doesnt like Ronaldo , cant see him succesful, as he has said many times.
    lmfao agendas? lrd and his agenda with cesc is an AGENDA ffs I could name loads of dirtier players than Cesc ffs in the EPL alone.
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:28 pm

The-Frankinsense-Tavern wrote:
    Dark Savante wrote:Agenda LRD he doesnt like Ronaldo , cant see him succesful, as he has said many times.
    lmfao agendas? lrd and his agenda with cesc is an AGENDA ffs I could name loads of dirtier players than Cesc ffs in the EPL alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvlsEbcZq98

What agenda with cesc? He's just a big mouth who consistently makes dirty unncesary tackles and likes to get involved in fights. Which is strange because he's a little weak f@ck. Trust me someone is gonna get him soon <Ale>
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:28 pm

But you dont like Ronaldo as you said in a thread you like people who are direct and keep it simple like Messi Ronaldinho Rolling Eyes , remember.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:29 pm

Carling Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 Cescandersonaltxj3

Cesc = Legend
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:29 pm

Liverpool-Everton final would be orgasmic
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:30 pm

What does that clip show BM Suspect
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:31 pm

Dark Savante wrote:What does that clip show BM Suspect

You cant see it?
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Dark Savante wrote:What does that clip show BM Suspect

You cant see it?

Cesc appears wound up and getting outplayed on his own turf? Biggrin

Ballack Terry a. cole. The return at the bridge is gonna be interesting for cesc Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:24 am