Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Puro
Fey
COTR
abundance
Jaime
Super Progress
Luis
Fade out
Isco Benny
fcb
Xavier
Kroos
bluenine
17 posters

CL Draw : Quarter Finals

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

CL Draw : Quarter Finals Empty CL Draw : Quarter Finals

Post by bluenine Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:02 am

If your team is in the quarters, say cheers

If your team is in the quarters, after creating CL history by overturning a home loss at this stage, say cheers cheers cheers

Now that we got that out of the way, who do you rather face in the quarters? I know this is a bit premature, but we can (for now) assume that Chelsea and Real will make it through.

Barca
    Inter
    ManU
    Schalke
    Shaktar
    Spurs
    Chelsea*
    Real*

Whats your prefered order?

Last edited by bluenine on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    bluenine
    bluenine

CL Draw : Quarter Finals Empty Re: CL Draw : Quarter Finals

Post by bluenine Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am

My prefered order for Inter:
    1. Schalke
    2. Shaktar
    3. Chelsea*
    4. ManU
    5. Real*
    6. Spurs
    7. Barca

Clearly, Barca is the one I really want to avoid. Spurs I want to avoid for other reasons, and for the fact that they did scare me at WHL.

Schalke would be perfect Wink
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 am

you deserve barca FACT

baised on performances schalke is hottier favourite than INTER, well if magath gets the sack today (which is likely) schalke is hopeless for the rest of the season

here my order of teams i want to win the cl:

1. schalke
    2. barca (because they are not arrogant, and i dont see a team beating them)
    3. real, i hate REAL but i love my 2 germans
    4. shaktor
    5. chelsea (they would deserve it after so much pain in the last 5 years)
    6. tottenham (i have no bad feelings about tottenham (and they are great too watch), but for the sake of NOAHS arrogance, NO) Very Happy
    7. manu (i dont like them)
    8. inter

Last edited by Kroos on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 am

I can't really rank the opposition, but for SPURS I'd want to play against Inter first and foremost... we have unfinished business at the San Siro.

I'd want to avoid Schalke, as they are the last GERMAN hope, and Barcelona, for they would in all likelihood utterly destroy us... give us one of the two English teams ANY DAY.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:43 am

First preference is of course, the easy win...and the chance to beat Raul Ale
    1. Schalke

Then come the teams with specific dangers and a lot of quality in attack but enough holes in defense to make it a good matchup for Barça:

2. Shakhtar
    3. Inter
    4. Spurs (their biggest strengths match perfectly against Barça's biggest weaknesses...)

Then come the teams that will park the bus and make it very difficult for us as always:

5. Man. Utd.
    6. Real Madrid
    7. Chelsea
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:00 am

Xavier wrote:I can't really rank the opposition, but for SPURS I'd want to play against Inter first and foremost... we have unfinished business at the San Siro.
    It would be a good game for sure, as Maicon & Co have something to prove at WHL. While tactically we are still shite, since we last met Inter have rediscovered their heart, and the will to win. By the quarters, we could have Samuel & Milito back as well, that will make a difference.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 am

Kroos wrote:8. inter
    You really hate Inter now, don't ya? Razz

Well, its Van Gaal's fault mostly... imagine if Bayern had not junked the likes of Lucio & Van Bommel?? You would ve probably been in Inter's position, in the quarters defending our treble. I liked that banner yesterday:

"Sorry Van Gaal, Inter bored you again!"

CL Draw : Quarter Finals Laugh
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:12 am

no, my anger is gone, and i hate italy in general Wink we were simply not good enough, a real CL quality team would have won this with ease, vangaal never made us look compact since he arrived, hes shitty ajax system is an utter failure

i hope nerlinger/honess learned there lesson, you only win wars with a compact defence, our attack couldn`t save us the whole way again like last year
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Kroos wrote:you deserve barca FACT

baised on performances schalke is hottier favourite than INTER, well if magath gets the sack today (which is likely) schalke is hopeless for the rest of the season

1. schalke
    4. shaktor
    6. tottenham (i have no bad feelings about tottenham (and they are great too watch), but for the sake of NOAHS arrogance, NO) Very Happy
    8. inter

Laugh My arrogance???? Right, time for a beat down!:

I don't recall ever saying we're gonna DOMINATE/HUMILIATE all comers in the next few years, as you have done with the Bundesliga and Mannshaft and the endless conveyor belt of amazing German talents which impress you more than Leo Messi and other so called overrated stars.

I DO recall you saying Inter were a shit team when we beat them at WHL - they gave us too much space, Gareth Bale is a one dimensional facking ranner, and so on and so forth.

Well, that shit team has just pulled Bayern's pants down for the second time in a season and spanked those pimply German wunderkids' Bum Wangen red raw. Domination and humiliation indeed Laughing

Besides, I think you know I only enjoy winding you up because with that arrogance, it simply must. be. done.

Bayern played well, as I said to Ant. I'm actually glad they're out for the sole reason I would not have liked Spurs to face them. Inter I fear less, for obvious reasons (although don't want to play them, they'll be out for vengeance in a big way)

My order as follows, from team I'd most like us to face to least:

1. Schalke - still a tough team, but surely the least worrying
    2. Shaktar - tough, but seeing them against Arsenal, beatable
    3. Chelsea - good record against Chelsea in recent years
    4. Inter - Wounded animal, can't see them being anything but a different proposition this time around
    5. Real Madrid* - no thanks
    6. Man United - haven't beaten the c**ts since circa 1834
    7. Barca - Terrifying prospect, although if we even got one shot on target at Camp Nou we'll have done better than the Arse

Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm

1.Spurs
    2.Schalke/Shaktar
    4.Inter
    5.Utd
    6.Barca
    7.Chelsea
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Assuming we'll go through. Laughing
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:37 pm

As a neutral (except for when it comes to United and to a lesser extent Chelsea) I'd like to see something like this:

Barca vs Spurs

United vs Chelsea

Madrid vs Shaktar

Inter vs Schalke

------------------------------

Barca vs Spurs would be a great tie for so many reasons. Both have been great to watch for the most part this season, it would be fantastic for Spurs to go to the Camp Nou in their first CL season and of course Bale vs Alves would be an intriguing battle!

United vs Chelsea so at least one of those contes doesn't make the semis. It would be boring as fuck I suppose though but better now than in the next round.

Wouldn't want Shaktar and Schalke to get each other meaning one of the 'dark horses' are in the semis only to capitulate away at United should they get through.

My perfect semis would be Barca vs United/Chelsea and Madrid vs Inter. I think everyone wants to see a Barca vs Madrid final at Wembley.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 pm

lol!
    At least you aren't bitter.

If we go through:

1.Schalke
    2.Shaktar
    3.Spurs
    4.Inter
    5.Utd
    6.Barca
    7.Chelsea

Im not sure about Inter because they have Eto who is always a danger against us and they might have their defence back by then which would make them pretty strong. I still wonder if this Inter can play the defensive football when needed because if they can then they would be the team I would least like to meet. Barca would obviously be hard although I prefer them in Cl to the league where it is a different type of game plus you can be rougher then in Spain. Chelsea is still able to play the physical and defensive game well but Mourinho would hopefully be smart enough to let them have the ball in midfield where they don't have too much creativity so I don't fear them as I used to a couple of years ago but still a strong Cl side and with an experienced manager who has done it in Cl many times.

On the flip side Schalke should be easy even if they have 3 former players of ours and 2 homegrowns which automatically would mean goals from them. Shaktar might be more of a danger then Spurs since they are even sharper at the counter attacking game and I think Spurs are more likely to make foolish mistakes and commit too many players forward.

Luis
    You can count me off that list. The Cl should be between teams from different nations(insert joke about Barca being catalan/polish). For a final I would prefer Real Madrid-Chelsea/Inter. If Real Madrid go out I would want United vs Inter.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:10 pm

1. schalke
    4. shaktor
    8. inter

lol!
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Jaime wrote:

1. schalke
    4. shaktor
    8. inter

lol!

lol! (Thanks for highlighting. Maybe I should read some of his posts. Shit funny!)
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

I think any tie can be equally hard for us (well, except Barca, that would just be a manslaught): we've already demonstrated that anybody will eventually score against us and that pace alone can be enough to subdue us.

At the same time, I think we also showed we can find in ourselves the guts, experience and skill to fight back till the end against anybody (well, except Barca again I suppose).

So, all in all I'd prefer to draw a big name, just to live or die in style.

I'd rather avoid Chelsea and Real because I'm already fed with rehashing last season, crossing the past and all that stuff, so I ask for Man Utd.
    It would be a fascinating tie and it's about time that we finally snatch a win against them.

1. Man Utd
    2~6 anybody else
    7. Barcelona

Addendum: oh, this is assuming Lyon doesn't turn the table against Real. In that case I'd put them first, I don't remember facing them ever and it would be interesting

Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Fenomeno wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

1. schalke
    4. shaktor
    8. inter

lol!

lol! (Thanks for highlighting. Maybe I should read some of his posts. Shit funny!)
    lol!
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:27 pm

You can count me off that list. The Cl should be between teams from different nations(insert joke about Barca being catalan/polish). For a final I would prefer Real Madrid-Chelsea/Inter. If Real Madrid go out I would want United vs Inter.

I agree it's always better to draw a foreign side rather than one in your own country but it's always bound to happen at some stage and I'd rather it happened now than in the semis or final.

Madrid vs Barca may be two teams from the same Nation but no one could argue it would be fucking fantastic because of the quality on show if nothing else. United vs Chelsea is completely different because both sides aren't at the level of Madrid and definitely not Barca IMO right now and both sides would set out to defend.

Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Luis wrote:

I agree it's always better to draw a foreign side rather than one in your own country but it's always bound to happen at some stage and I'd rather it happened now than in the semis or final.

Madrid vs Barca may be two teams from the same Nation but no one could argue it would be fucking fantastic because of the quality on show if nothing else. United vs Chelsea is completely different because both sides aren't at the level of Madrid and definitely not Barca IMO right now and both sides would set out to defend.

You are mistaking the strength of the Spanish league. It makes the top teams look better then they are. You look back in Cl in the last couple of years and tell if there has been a big different between the top of the English league(Manchester/Chelsea/Liverpool), Italian league(first Milan and now Inter) and the Spanish teams. There hasn't been despite individual teams dominating their leagues they get shown up when they play in Europe.

Technically it would probably be superior to any other combination and I'll give you that but in other areas Barcelona and Real Madrid are lacking.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
    Luis wrote:

You are mistaking the strength of the Spanish league. It makes the top teams look better then they are. You look back in Cl in the last couple of years and tell if there has been a big different between the top of the English league(Manchester/Chelsea/Liverpool), Italian league(first Milan and now Inter) and the Spanish teams. There hasn't been despite individual teams dominating their leagues they get shown up when they play in Europe.

Technically it would probably be superior to any other combination and I'll give you that but in other areas Barcelona and Real Madrid are lacking.

Right now Barca and Madrid are miles above anyone else in Europe IMO.

Barca are on a different level to anyone but Madrid are as close to them as anyone.

Man United have had a ridiculously lucky season IMO, they're showing lately that one injury to Vidic and they're quite easy to beat. Chelsea have been pretty poor for a large while now with their best players now past it.

I know the rest of La Liga isn't up to much (though there are some good footballing sides in there) but Barca would beat anyone right now and IMO would destroy United over two legs.
    abundance
    abundance

Post by abundance Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Luis wrote:Right now Barca and Madrid are miles above anyone else in Europe IMO.

Barca are on a different level to anyone but Madrid are as close to them as anyone.

Man United have had a ridiculously lucky season IMO, they're showing lately that one injury to Vidic and they're quite easy to beat. Chelsea have been pretty poor for a large while now with their best players now past it.

I know the rest of La Liga isn't up to much (though there are some good footballing sides in there) but Barca would beat anyone right now and IMO would destroy United over two legs.
    Barca is obviously miles ahead of everybody.

Real imho is "just" a regular top team - very very good but they can be faced on a peer level by other top teams.
    This year their personnel is better overall than ManU and Chelsea but the brits are more mature as teams.

Real may be a better show for the neutrals as they have more young flair going forward, but any of those three can pull out the same level of football on a cup night.
    I agree a Chelsea-ManU can turn out quite boring, but that's a thing of brits facing themselves, like it was with Italians some years ago. I think they have the same chances as Real of standing up still against Barca.

Inter is clearly a good step behind the top tier this year.
    We can go far as Bayern did last year, on gut reaction and ephemeral luck, but eventually some bigger bro will lecture us about our limits before the end.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:30 pm

abundance wrote:I think any tie can be equally hard for us (well, except Barca, that would just be a manslaught): we've already demonstrated that anybody will eventually score against us and that pace alone can be enough to subdue us.

At the same time, I think we also showed we can find in ourselves the guts, experience and skill to fight back till the end against anybody (well, except Barca again I suppose).

So, all in all I'd prefer to draw a big name, just to live or die in style.

I'd rather avoid Chelsea and Real because I'm already fed with rehashing last season, crossing the past and all that stuff, so I ask for Man Utd.
    It would be a fascinating tie and it's about time that we finally snatch a win against them.

1. Man Utd
    2~6 anybody else
    7. Barcelona

Addendum: oh, this is assuming Lyon doesn't turn the table against Real. In that case I'd put them first, I don't remember facing them ever and it would be interesting
    Surely you remember the game with 2 Baggio goals? One of the most exciting displays by Inter in the CL...

I don't want to face Real, not yet.... tho maybe we will, the ex-coach-in-CL coincidence...
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Luis wrote:
    Super Laudrup wrote:
    Luis wrote:

Right now Barca and Madrid are miles above anyone else in Europe IMO.

This is laughable Luis. The last few years have proven that no matter how much either of these teams dominate their league they look about the same when facing the other top teams in Europe and in Real's case they have hardly even made a dent in the competition. You are basing this entirely on performances in the Spanish league which is a faulty way of judging teams. As I said before the performances by the Spanish teams in the last many years have proven that.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 pm

i dont rate REAL stronger than other top teams, barca is ahead of everything

i can see REAL struggling against manu, chelsea
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
    Fenomeno wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

1. schalke
    4. shaktor
    8. inter

lol!

lol!

lol!

Am I reading this right

Barcelona 'NOT' arrogant ?

That is one of the best adjectives to describe them
    abundance
    abundance

Post by abundance Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm

bluenine wrote:
    abundance wrote:
    Surely you remember the game with 2 Baggio goals? One of the most exciting displays by Inter in the CL...

I don't want to face Real, not yet.... tho maybe we will, the ex-coach-in-CL coincidence...
    sure I remember that cheers
    I was referring to Lyon, if they go thru against the odds I'd like to face them
    (btw, my memory is faulty anyway, just googled and we already played Lyon in 02/03 CL and 97/98 Uefa)
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Hmmm...now that we are through. I don't want Schalke. I don't want to play against Raul and we have a sh!t record in Germany. No thanks! Ale

Not sure I fancy a trip to the Ukraine either tbh.

Champions Inter showed some guts last night so I don't really want them either.

Personally I would go for Manchester United or Chelsea. Neither have been overly convincing and I think the team would respond better to a big name match up rather than against a team that would be easier to underestimate.

Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Fuckin hell Bluenine, yesterday you claimed you stopped watching ''your'' team, and now you make a topic of who you want in the QF and even start to gloat at the Bayern fan...

Seriously the difference between the gloryhunters on here, and the real life supporters I know is just breathtaking Laughing

Anyway, not many likeble teams left. Hope a team that starts with an S wins it. Doubt it though.

Shaktar-Schalke
    Barcelona-Spurs
    Real Madrid-Chelsea
    Inter-Man utd

would be the best fixtures imo.

<Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 am

Barcelona do not want Shakhtar (too many South Americans who aren't in awe of the Catalans), and what will be a surprise to EVERYONE...SCHALKE! Even without Magath, their new coach will be decent (Rangnick?), and Farfán will be raring to go against that Barça left side which is severely weakened with Abidal out. Farfán SINGLEHANDEDLY advanced Schalke to the quarterfinals by demolishing Valencia, and he will be so fired up against the best team in the history of the game. Barça shall KO Schalke, but it will be a tough out.

Chelsea and the Mancs would obviously be tough outs as well because they will play pussy football against Barça, but Barça can't be KO by Mancs or Chelsea unless something bizarre happens. Inter do not want to face Barça, they would get annihilated.

Barcelona will not want to face Real Madrid just yet. Mourinho will like his chances better over two legs by playing pussy football and playing the averages.

A Final between Barcelona and Real Madrid is a dream for football fans.

Oh it would be nice for Chelsea and the Mancs to face each other right away so there's only one 'Rubin Kazan' pussy left in the competition. Almost forgot Tottenham, but they're just making up the numbers now, nothing to write home about really. Biggrin <Ale>
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am

abundance wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    abundance wrote:

sure I remember that cheers
    I was referring to Lyon, if they go thru against the odds I'd like to face them
    (btw, my memory is faulty anyway, just googled and we already played Lyon in 02/03 CL and 97/98 Uefa)
    My bad... I do see your point re Inter-ManUtd, it would be a good game.... and it may be time for revenge Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 am