Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
TITO
Super Progress
Fey
gone
Dick Grayson
TM
Deano
Juligen
Tweesus
robert
Isco Benny
L r d hAsta LueGo
SuperMario
Machiavel
Kimbo
DS
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
21 posters

Cristiano Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Cristiano Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain Empty Cristiano Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:02 pm

Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain Cristiano Ronaldo made it abundantly clear that his dream is to move to La Liga.
    Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain
    zoom - galleria

The Portuguese had been linked repeatedly with a move to Spain following his World Cup fallout will Wayne Rooney, but seems to have settled down over the last six months or so.

However, speaking in Zurich at the FIFA World Player award, he admitted that the desire to move to La Liga remains as strong as ever.

“I would like to play for a Spanish club one day - I don’t know if it is possible, but it is my dream," he declared.

“Sometimes I want something and it’s not possible. But this is my dream."

Real Madrid and Barcelona have both been interested in him, and a fresh report earlier this month suggested that the Catalan club would make a big money move should Ronaldinho leave.

“It’s a fantastic league where they play beautiful football," he continued, reiterating his craving for Spain.

"However, I am convinced the English league is the most competitive in every aspect," he added quickly. “I feel very comfortable in the English league.

"I think it’s beautiful, and if I stay in Manchester that would be great for me - I love the club; I love the supporters, and it would be amazing for me to stay there for many years.

“But maybe one day, only God knows whether it will happen, I would like to play for a Spanish team and experience the difference.”

Manchester United have made it abundantly clear that they have no intention of selling their biggest star, but the rumours continue to persist. These comments will only fan the fires.

Many pundits believe that he will be able to showcase his real potential only in the realms of Spain's very latin football, so to speak, and the player himself seems to believe in it.

There is a more shrewd view, of course. The fact that the comments came in light of losing out to Kaka and Lionel Messi mean that he himself understands how a high profile move to Barcelona or Real Madrid might be needed to deliver individual accolades.

"It was an honour to be nominated for the award, although it's disappointing not to win,” he said.

"But Kaka is a fantastic player and I have many more opportunities to win in the future because I am still young. I hope I am back next year to compete for the prize.

"I've scored 14 goals already this season for Manchester United and my aim is to exceed everything I achieved last season. If I can do that, then I have a great chance of winning this award next time."

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=517953
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Cristiano Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:04 pm

Like Zidane used to say he wants to move to Marseille.

Cristiano Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:05 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Like Zidane used to say he wants to move to Marseille.

No, I think this is a bit different. And so do you. And so does N18Wing (Deep down inside).
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:06 pm

He probably wants to win the world player of the year award once or twice.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:07 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:He probably wants to win the world player of the year award once or twice.

I have to agree with you there.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:08 pm

He said he will one day move to Spain , what would he said if he was asked this question no I hate Spain , RM and Barca are terrible etc etc.
    Doesnt seem different to me , why different because MU player said it and you didnt like my comments on Kaka or Milan last few days.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:08 pm

Kaka said the same thing
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:He probably wants to win the world player of the year award once or twice.
    <Ale> Doesnt matter even if you play , they will give it to you just need to be in one of those clubs.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm

Dark Savante wrote:He said he will one day move to Spain , what would he said if he was asked this question no I hate Spain , RM and Barca are terrible etc etc.
    Doesnt seem different to me , why different because MU player said it and you didnt like my comments on Kaka or Milan last few days.

Actually I honestly don't know if Kaka will stay with Milan forever. I can only go by what he says: "I want to stay at Milan. I had the chance to move to Spain, but I turned it down. I am very happy at Milan."

Ronaldo does not appear to be as categorical.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:10 pm

I have seen people saying they want to stay , want to leave more often then people saying one day I would like to try a new challenge.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:11 pm

johan the baptist wrote:Kaka said the same thing

Not recently.

I have already quoted what Kaka said. Kaka had 3 chances to move to Spain, but he turned them down.

Ronaldo, I can see moving in 2-3 years.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:12 pm

Dark Savante wrote:I have seen people saying they want to stay , want to leave more often then people saying one day I would like to try a new challenge.

Yes, but what a player wants is huge in these matters. Next season, Kaka will be made our captain. He will also (rumour has it and God willing) sign a mega contract. If that is the case, I really can't see him move.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

Not recently.

I have already quoted what Kaka said. Kaka had 3 chances to move to Spain, but he turned them down.

lol!

Whats the lottery numbers next week.

Ronaldo signed a contract till 2012 and he is committed.

Plus if hes gonna move it be for £100M.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 pm

johan the baptist wrote:

Not recently.

lol!

Yeah, but why the heck would he say that??? Beckham was committed as well.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain Cristiano Ronaldo made it abundantly clear that his dream is to move to La Liga.
    Ronaldo: God Willing, I Will Move To Spain
    zoom - galleria

The Portuguese had been linked repeatedly with a move to Spain following his World Cup fallout will Wayne Rooney, but seems to have settled down over the last six months or so.

However, speaking in Zurich at the FIFA World Player award, he admitted that the desire to move to La Liga remains as strong as ever.

“I would like to play for a Spanish club one day - I don’t know if it is possible, but it is my dream," he declared.

“Sometimes I want something and it’s not possible. But this is my dream."

Real Madrid and Barcelona have both been interested in him, and a fresh report earlier this month suggested that the Catalan club would make a big money move should Ronaldinho leave.

“It’s a fantastic league where they play beautiful football," he continued, reiterating his craving for Spain.

"However, I am convinced the English league is the most competitive in every aspect," he added quickly. “I feel very comfortable in the English league.

"I think it’s beautiful, and if I stay in Manchester that would be great for me - I love the club; I love the supporters, and it would be amazing for me to stay there for many years.

“But maybe one day, only God knows whether it will happen, I would like to play for a Spanish team and experience the difference.”

Manchester United have made it abundantly clear that they have no intention of selling their biggest star, but the rumours continue to persist. These comments will only fan the fires.

Many pundits believe that he will be able to showcase his real potential only in the realms of Spain's very latin football, so to speak, and the player himself seems to believe in it.

There is a more shrewd view, of course. The fact that the comments came in light of losing out to Kaka and Lionel Messi mean that he himself understands how a high profile move to Barcelona or Real Madrid might be needed to deliver individual accolades.

"It was an honour to be nominated for the award, although it's disappointing not to win,” he said.

"But Kaka is a fantastic player and I have many more opportunities to win in the future because I am still young. I hope I am back next year to compete for the prize.

"I've scored 14 goals already this season for Manchester United and my aim is to exceed everything I achieved last season. If I can do that, then I have a great chance of winning this award next time."

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=517953

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm

This is an open love letter to Real. Laughing
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm

johan the baptist wrote:

Not recently.

lol!

Beckham left because he fell out with SAF, Ronaldo I doubt will fall out with the boss. Why do you care about Ronaldo's future??

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:18 pm

johan the baptist wrote:
    johan the baptist wrote:

Not recently.

lol!

Beckham left because he fell out with SAF, Ronaldo I doubt will fall out with the boss. Why do you care about Ronaldo's future??

Because I thought he was going to be the next symbol for United. However, he realizes that these awards (even I admit they're biased) don't go to Prem players. I can honestly see him move. Just my opinion. A lot of people every summer think Kaka will move. Time will tell, but Ronaldo is 22. I just can't see him at United beyond 26.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:25 pm

These awards he should realise has its flaws, its a great achievement a Portuguese player succeeds in the Premiership, he could have easily went to La Liga and be as good as Figo (a Portuguese who succeed) or have a real challenge, he was public enemy number1 in England hes risen above that, he is the highest paid Man United player in history so the club knows his importance, he wears the no7 like the greats before him (he didn't want the number, but the club believed in him). Ronaldo loves the fans, they chant his song especially when everyone in England was against him you know the one that says he made England look shite.

If he does well in the Euros next year + hopefully help Manchester United win the Champions League and defend their Premiership title .. he stands a good chance winning the bogus FIFA Award (cmon you know its a popularity contest, but a player winning from the English league would be like seeing aurora borealis in Sydney)

As for Kaka, he said hes a fan of Manchester United (and Arsenal ..) the man has great taste Ale oh I read he would love to play in the Premiership one day, he needs a new challenge.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:26 pm

It's bloody cold in England certainly for a Portuguese. Don't blame him for wanting to play in sunny Spain, always hated the 'midwinter-matches' when I played 11 a side myself.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:34 pm

johan the baptist wrote:These awards he should realise has its flaws, its a great achievement a Portuguese player succeeds in the Premiership, he could have easily went to La Liga and be as good as Figo (a Portuguese who succeed) or have a real challenge, he was public enemy number1 in England hes risen above that, he is the highest paid Man United player in history so the club knows his importance, he wears the no7 like the greats before him (he didn't want the number, but the club believed in him). Ronaldo loves the fans, they chant his song especially when everyone in England was against him you know the one that says he made England look shite.

If he does well in the Euros next year + hopefully help Manchester United win the Champions League and defend their Premiership title .. he stands a good chance winning the bogus FIFA Award (cmon you know its a popularity contest, but a player winning from the English league would be like seeing aurora borealis in Sydney)

As for Kaka, he said hes a fan of Manchester United (and Arsenal ..) the man has great taste Ale oh I read he would love to play in the Premiership one day, he needs a new challenge.

Anything can happen in football. But normally players in their peak (especially with the characteristics of Kaka') don't move to the prem from Italy or Spain.

I admit the FIFA WPOTY is a popularity contest. The best move for Ronaldo's career would be to stay in England. Man U are a big club. He is a star there. The fans love him. But I would not be surprised if he did move.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:35 pm

He just pissed that we dont bow on the world champions Milan and Kaka not the best player in the world last season.
    WG
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:37 pm

johan the baptist wrote:These awards he should realise has its flaws, its a great achievement a Portuguese player succeeds in the Premiership, he could have easily went to La Liga and be as good as Figo (a Portuguese who succeed) or have a real challenge, he was public enemy number1 in England hes risen above that, he is the highest paid Man United player in history so the club knows his importance, he wears the no7 like the greats before him (he didn't want the number, but the club believed in him). Ronaldo loves the fans, they chant his song especially when everyone in England was against him you know the one that says he made England look shite.

Anything can happen in football. But normally players in their peak (especially with the characteristics of Kaka') don't move to the prem from Italy or Spain.

I admit the FIFA WPOTY is a popularity contest. The best move for Ronaldo's career would be to stay in England. Man U are a big club. He is a star there. The fans love him. But I would not be surprised if he did move.

Real Madrid and FC Barcelona the likely destinations. Unless they want to break the transfer record twice over, he ain't moving for a long long long time. The players you mentioned love a easy ride, hence why they don't have the cojones for a challenge.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:38 pm

johan the baptist wrote:

Not recently.

lol!

Beckham wanted to stay....he was told to leave.

Ronaldo was asked some stupid questions. They asked him was he surprised to be nominated, yet they didn't ask the other two this scratch

They asked him if the English league was not as strong as the other two scratch he responded by saying it's the strongest.

Then they asked him if he would move. His response was along the lines i would be happy to stay in manchester for many years, but one day maybe i will like to see how it is in a different league.

Where you got god willing i want to move from i dont know <Ale>

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:39 pm

@Dark Savante
    Who's he? Ronaldo?

I don't think Milan are the world champions. I have always maintained, however, that I would take the CL + CWC over a domestic title any day.

Also, I could care less whether you guys "bow" to Kaka and Milan. Every United fan on here has brought up good points as to why C. Ronaldo should have won. I can respect that.

@Lrd

I didn't write the article.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Okay I am a bit pissed today , its a non story so far Forza really.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Okay I am a bit pissed today , its a non story so far Forza really.

Hug
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Sorry.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Okay I am a bit pissed today , its a non story so far Forza really.

Hug

Get a room you pair of 'lords <Ale>

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Don Fabio wrote:

Hug

Get a room you pair of 'lords <Ale>

says the man with Fabio as his picture.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:38 pm