Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
worms.
S70_Tyke
Allez les rouges
stinger
Kimbo
OrangeSky
COTR
Romford Pele
Deluded F*ck™
TheCrazy58
TM
SuperMario
Chocolate Thunder
L r dd
Pierre Littbarski
Sheffield gunner
Ricardo Jol
Protheus
Since 1888
christmasborocooper
fcb
Rosicky
Cesc Soler
DS
Deano
Calidad
SirWalterOfSmith
L.r.d
EMP
Puro
Roger Hunt
Tweesus
Hlebagone
Dejan Savićević
monty
Isco Benny
Yef
Murray
The Easter Bunny
Fey
The Bulk
45 posters

What’s that smell? Aha, it’s Scottish football

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

What’s that smell? Aha, it’s Scottish football - Page 7 Empty Re: What’s that smell? Aha, it’s Scottish football

Post by L r dd Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:13 pm

monty wrote:L.R.D I wasn't suggesting it was a good move just articles last week were linking Ferguson to Zenit because Advocaat still likes him as a player http://www.soccernews.com/zenit-interested-in-ferguson/16802/

He obviously doesn't realise he is not the same player after all those injuries. But if Rangers get a good fee for him they'd have done well, because he's really not that good at all, Mendes has comfortably outperformed him this season.
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

What’s that smell? Aha, it’s Scottish football - Page 7 Empty Re: What’s that smell? Aha, it’s Scottish football

Post by The Bulk Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Hey I know monty. Sorry if it came across that I thought you were advocating a move to Zenit for Ferguson. Nobody in their right mind would do that - unless you have a hard on for Ferguson like Adovcaat does. Weird.

Think he will end up at somewhere like Stoke or Birmingham. Then he'll come back and play for Motherwell or Hamilton. I think that's guaranteed.
    monty
    monty

Number of posts : 288
    Supports : Kilmarnock, Chelsea and Kaiserslautern
    Favourite Player : Michael Ballack
    Registration date : 2007-03-25

Post by monty Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Yeah no problem. ah hadn't actually thought about Birmingham good shout. McLeish was willing to take a chance on Boyd who has the same bad attitude. What price on a Boyd and Barry double swoop
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TheCrazy58 Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Ferguson and MacGregor banned for life from Scotland squad and dropped by Rangers. Ferguson has been stripped of his Rangers captaincy as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/03/barry-ferguson-allan-mcgregor-banned

Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor banned for life by Scotland• SFA says duo will never play for national team again

Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor have been banned for life from representing their country, the Scottish Football Association has confirmed. The duo were dropped by manager George Burley for last week's World Cup qualifier against Iceland after a late-night drinking session in the team hotel.

The players were then photographed making V-signs to photographs while on the substitutes bench at Hampden Park, and it is this behaviour that has led the SFA to make their decision. Rangers have also announced that Ferguson, who is club captain, and McGregor have been suspended for two weeks without pay.

"Following on from the events of the past week – and specifically the last 48 hours – the Scottish FA has today confirmed that Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor will no longer be considered for international selection by Scotland," a SFA statement said.

"The decision was taken following further discussions today between the national team manager and the Scottish FA chief executive.

"This action has been taken in the best interests of the squad, the fans and the country. Everyone is determined to qualify for the World Cup and we must ensure that nothing is allowed to distract us from this goal."

Both Ferguson and McGregor have issued apologies and said they are 'disappointed' that they will no longer be able to represent their country.

"I deeply regret what happened last weekend and the events during the last week and apologise wholeheartedly for the embarrassment caused to Scotland, Rangers, both sets of supporters and my friends and family," Ferguson said.

"I have always considered playing for Rangers and Scotland an honour and a privilege and nothing will change that and I am bitterly disappointed by the announcement that I will not be selected for Scotland again."

McGregor added: "I was absolutely delighted to be selected for Scotland last weekend and I am deeply sorry over what has happened since then. We all make mistakes in life and I am very disappointed to have let Rangers, Scotland, my family all the fans down. I am also desperately disappointed that I will not be selected again for Scotland at this stage in my career."
    This is so staggeringly stupid it beggers belief. Surprising that SFA have acted so swiftly and decisively - if Terry and Rooney did this would English FA do the same? I doubt it.

Apparently the two went on an 8-hour bender at their hotel and were spotted by guests coming for lunch the following day Laugh

What’s that smell? Aha, it’s Scottish football - Page 7 _45626765_fergusonmcgregor_snsb226
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Post by The Bulk Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:28 pm

They were interviewed by Sky Sports News and apparently McGregor acted like a tit, almost bursting out laughing about being banned and possibly playing his last game for Rangers.

Ferguson was more apologetic.

McGregor's fiancee once said she'd slash the face of any girl that approached McGregor. Nice!!
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Who will get the Scotland captaincy now? McManus and Fletcher surely have to be the leading candidates.

Fulham, Zenit and an Arab team are all reported to be interested in Ferguson.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Scotties.

Whats the name of that fella who seemed to ref all the old firm games every season? Probably retired now..got hit with a coin once.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:53 pm

probably hugh dallas
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Thats the one. I knew a scottish poster would help me out.

Cheers.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:56 pm

lol!
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Post by The Bulk Thu May 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Rangers put themselves in a good position to win the league by beating Celtic at the weekend, but they've fooked it up by drawing with Hibs last night.

Novo should have scored twice (absolute sitters) and it looks like they had a legitimate goal chopped off.

Title has swung in Celtic's favour now, but I still expect them to both drop points in their remaining games.

Could come down to goal difference. Would love to see a one-off game between them to decide the league title.

Cheers

ps Whoever loses the league is seriously fecked because of the way qualification for the CL group stages changes next season. It's going to be more difficult for the Scottish runner up to qualify for the CL.

Team that wins league gets automatic qualification to CL group stages. Rangers need the money so imperative for them to win the league over Celtic. Think they are very seriously fooked if they miss out on the CL next season. Expect guys like Mendes, Davis, etc to leave if they fail to qualify.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Thu May 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Hopefully it will go to the last day and somebody will bottle it spectacularily so that we can have a good laugh at them.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu May 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Murray wrote:Hopefully it will go to the last day and somebody will bottle it spectacularily so that we can have a good laugh at them.

Lets hope it will be Rangers Ale
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu May 14, 2009 11:42 pm

If somehow both the Old Firm were deducted 10-30 points(whatever it is) and someone else won the SPL, that would be great Ale
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Fri May 15, 2009 12:03 am

Ade wrote:If somehow both the Old Firm were deducted 10-30 points(whatever it is) and someone else won the SPL, that would be great Ale

chhhhhhYEAHHH and if Ac Milan were somehow relocated in Scotland, the SPL would be better too!
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Fri May 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Another bizarre injury picked up at Rangers.

The Rangers manager Walter Smith today confirmed Kirk Broadfoot suffered burns after an egg exploded in his face. The Scotland defender was inspecting two eggs he had just poached in his microwave when one of them blew up and squirted scalding hot water into his face.

The 25-year-old was treated at hospital for scalding to his cheek after the incident on Sunday but was otherwise unhurt. He is expected to make a full recovery. Smith said: "He's got some facial burns but he should be okay."

The former St Mirren full-back, who joined the Ibrox club in 2007, is currently out injured with a foot problem.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/15/kirk-broadfoot-egg-explosion-rangers
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Fri May 15, 2009 3:28 pm

already posted that in the Scottish egg thread Wink

Ivan Lendl once tried to 'cook' an egg by laying it in his hotel microwave too, also resulted in an explosion.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Fri May 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Burnley, Lokomotiv track Riordan

Lokomotiv Moscow and Burnley have made enquiries about the availability of Hibernian forward Derek Riordan.

The 26-year-old has scored 11 goals for the Easter Road side this season after moving back to the Edinburgh outfit from Celtic last summer.

He has already been linked with both clubs in the past.

Championship outfit Burnley, who play in the promotion play-off final against Sheffield United, failed in a £400,000 bid for Riordan in 2007.

And Lokomotiv had a bid accepted for the player in 2006 during his first stint with Hibs, but he rejected the move as he did not wish to move overseas and team-mate Garry O'Connor made the switch to Russia alone.

Kaiserslautern, Cardiff City and Rangers all made offers during that time for the forward, who has been capped once for Scotland.

But he eventually joined Celtic in January 2006 for a cut-price £170,000, with Hibs anxious not to lose him for nothing when his contract was due to finish that summer.

Riordan failed to become a first-team regular with the Scottish champions and publicly aired his disappointment at not being given more opportunities by Celtic manager Gordon Strachan.

It was during that troubled time that Burnley made their initial approach, but he eventually returned to Easter Road on the final day of last summer's transfer window.

Hibs manager Mixu Paatelainen told BBC Scotland that he was unaware of any interest in Riordan.

"I must be honest, that is the first time I have heard about that," said the Finn. "I don't read fans' websites or gossip columns or anything like that."

Off-field behaviour has at times seen the forward hit the news pages, but Riordan was again on the back pages on Wednesday, when his fine opening goal prevented Rangers returning to the top of the Scottish Premier League table after a 1-1 draw.

And Riordan has promised he will be going out to similarly thwart his former club, who visit Easter Road on Sunday and presently lead Rangers on goal difference.

"Celtic and Rangers are battling for the league, so obviously there is more pressure on them than us," he told Hibs' website.

"But it doesn't interest me about other clubs - I'm happy as long as I'm playing well and scoring goals for my team.

"It doesn't make a difference to Hibernian if Celtic win the league or not. We will be going out to win the game on Sunday."

Riordan believes his partnership with Steven Fletcher can be the undoing of Celtic on Sunday after the pair combined for his goal against Rangers.

"Steven and I have a great understanding up front," he said.

"In terms of movement and passing, I read his game well and he reads mine well.

"Obviously, I played with Garry O'Connor in the past and I think our partnership is up there with that one.

"I really enjoy playing alongside Fletch."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8051907.stm
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sat May 16, 2009 2:39 pm

More incompetent refereeing today, one of our players gets sent off for being headbutted.
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Sun May 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Hibs make Celtic trip too, impressive. They've stole points from both old firm teams. THings look bright for Rangers again.

Congratz Hibs
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sun May 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Celtic's turn to bottle it today
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Sun May 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Rangers lead the table by two points going into the last round, Celtic have +1 better GD than Rangers.

Celtic vs. Hearts
    Dundee United vs. Rangers
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 pm

This has been doing the rounds...

Rangers go to Dundee United this week where they look likely to win the
    SPL. Dundee United could only give Rangers 5000 tickets and these were
    sold out almost instantly. There were a lot of disappointed Rangers
    fans. So......

A new poster signs up on a Rangers forum and makes a few non-descript
    posts. No one pays him any real attention. He then starts a thread
    saying;

Quote:

If you want tickets for next week's title decider away to Dundee
    United, read here...

Since the away allocation for Rangers fans of 5 thousand is long sold
    out.

Tickets for the home end is the only solution.

But as we all know, if your not on Dundee United's official
    club/supporter database then you won't even be able to buy tickets for
    the home end.

Here's what to do..

Phone up the club shop. And ask to buy a pair of Dundee United kit
    socks.

Don't even mention tickets for Sunday. They might become suspicious.

Then when they take your sock order, personal details and process your
    payment your details will then be stored on thier system.

Give it a few hours until there's a shift change, phone up again and
    order your home tickets for the Rangers match and because of your sock
    order, you will be on their system and you will get your match tickets.
    It's perfect lads.

Turns out, there's no such database and all these Rangers fans have
    ended up with hundreds of pairs of Dundee United socks and no match
    tickets. The poster was an Aberdeen fan.

lol!
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Fri May 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Laugh ok
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Fri May 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Unfortunately it's not true

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8063657.stm
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Sun May 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Rangers won the SPL title. They beat Dundee Utd 3-0, whilst Celtic drew 0-0 with Hearts at Parkhead. That cheating bastard Lafferty scored one of the goals too.

What’s that smell? Aha, it’s Scottish football - Page 7 _45817790_rangers_podium

Aberdeen finish well in fourth spot but their manager Calderwood resigns. scratch

Last edited by Cesc Soler on Sun May 24, 2009 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun May 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Damn, you'd have thought any Scottish side that had Samaras on their books was sure to win the SPL.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sun May 24, 2009 7:58 pm

borocooper wrote:Damn, you'd have thought any Scottish side that had Samaras on their books was sure to win the SPL.

No goals in their last two games the fans aint to happy(Samaras rarely got in ahead of JVOH who is awful). Strachan will be going for sure. And Lafferty did what happens in leagues all over the world every weekend it was just highlighted so much because it doesn't happen in the SPL, no big deal IMO.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun May 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Celtic Doh
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sun May 24, 2009 8:25 pm

That was the worst Scottish season ever, at least we're getting a new manager next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:40 pm