Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
Deluded F*ck™
EM Seleção e Selecção
The Bulk
110%
christmasborocooper
toon h
Calidad
theflyingfrenchman
shazlx
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Parks lives
Rasiak-9
Cesc Soler
Chocolate Thunder
AcciDrenthe
golsud
Ä
robert
gone
DeLux
Historicus
Protheus
Batman
72-76-80-96-08
Sheffield gunner
Pierre Littbarski
Super Progress
Effenberg
The-Frank-Tavern
The Pröfessör
Dwarf
COTR
Football Genius
anglophileHedgehog
Kimbo
Enigma
L.r.d
Since 1888
fcb
blutgraetsche
BoBo Vieri 32
Z&H
Hlebagone
Machiavel
Yef
SuperMario
Rosicky
Black Magic
Ricardo Jol
Kroos
forza_rossi
Juligen
S4P
Axeslammer
debaser
Fey
60 posters

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy!

Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy! - Page 23 Empty Re: The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy!

Post by Fey Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:45 am

L.r.d wrote:
    Fey wrote:Anyone else heard the Dutch sing...

Always look on the bright side of life...

wave wave wave wave

Hear that song a lot of times at Feyenoord this season!

The Dutch are the bright side of life!

And Blame Liverpool, they make Kuyt seem like a $h!t player, he should have joined the redbloods Cool

you are a believer LRD, unlike COTR!! You are seeing the light, bless you son!!

BTW the goals not good quality but still...the goals are though Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8y5xYr73SU
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy! - Page 23 Empty Re: The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy!

Post by Juligen Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:56 am

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy! - Page 23 Italia

Awww, not sure they enjoyed the game.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:30 am

Hah, someone needs to come up with an "i haz cheezburger" style caption for that dog.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:05 am

Donadoni lol!

Don't want to dig up my old post, but like I wrote before the match: it's a bloody stupid idea to play 4-3-3 v us. Never try to beat someone at their own game. All our players played 100s of 4-3-3 matches all their life; it's the system they're most used to; can't be said about the Italian players.

We were lucky with the 1st goal (stupid rule); that was the match deciding moment, could have been a totally different match.

Thought all our players were great; exceptions Mathijsen & De Jong, who still look average. Luckily the Feyenoord boys made up for it.

Kuyt was GREAT, GIO UNBELIEVABLE. Engelaar was rock solid. Think we can drop De Jong & play RVP (move Sneijder back a little). Rotterdam rules! We have the Italians number (if we would have played the Euro 2000 SF in Rotterdam, we would have beaten them too). NEVER did an Italian team win anything in Rotterdam (v Feyenoord or Holland).

Anyway f@ck all those losses in friendlies (we never used to care about) in 300 minutes at major tournaments, Italy still hasn't managed to score a single goal v us.

Ideal scenario now: Italy still qualify for SFs, we knock them out & get our revenge over the Portuguese in the final.

@Hleb

could well happen. Huntelaar will probably only play if RVN gets injured (or if we're already qualified after 2 group matches).
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:56 am

Johan Cruyff: Oranje could have scored more!

He didn’t say this to be overly critical. He is just stating the facts. Ruud van Nistelrooy got two more chances and in the second half with Robin and Afellay, a tad more luck or smarter play and we could have punished the Italians seriously. But, JC also said: “I’m happy for Oranje. They did very well. But, don’t forget, Italy didn’t play that bad, in particular the second half, I expected them to score. Oranje had some luck, sure, but the Italians squandered their chances too.”

Robin van Persie dedicated this victory to Ryan Babel, his buddy who had to leave the squad due to injury. “I received an sms right before the game. Ryan is so involved, I want to dedicate this to him. If I score at this tournament, I’ll dedicate that goal to him as well. We all feel so bad for him, this could be his platform.” Van Persie isn’t worried about his position in the group. “Listen, we’re going for the title and you don’t win prizes with eleven players, but with at least 15 or 16 and in principal with the whole group. If I can be important in 10 minutes, fine. If I can play a whole match, great! It’s not about me, here…”
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:57 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/7445476.stm

the 1st goal was good
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:59 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/7445476.stm

the 1st goal was good

Yet more Fifa rulebook fun Eric Calhoun cites law 11.11 in the rulebook - under advice to referees. "A defender who leaves the field during the course of play and does not immediately return must still be considered in determining where the second to last defender is for the purpose of judging which attackers are in an offside position," he says. "Such a defender is considered to be on the touch line or goal line closest to his or her off-field position. A defender who leaves the field with the referee's permission (and who thus requires the referee's permission to return) is not included in determining offside position."
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 pm

@ COTR

You had a Podolski avatar .. he scores 2 goals against the Poles
    You now have a Kuyt avatar .. he creates 2 goals against the Italians

Today, Torres avatar Very Happy ?
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:02 pm

torres avatar = 2 yellow cards it's getting worse
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:04 pm

Afellay wrote:@ COTR

You had a Podolski avatar .. he scores 2 goals against the Poles
    You now have a Kuyt avatar .. he creates 2 goals against the Italians

Today, Torres avatar Very Happy ?

It's on the way rai cyclops

That rule makes perfect sense because a defender could just step off the pitch at any time and make someone offside. I'm not sure if the refs made the call out of luck or judgement but it was a great decision if they knew what they were doing
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Afellay wrote:Johan Cruyff: Oranje could have scored more!

He didn’t say this to be overly critical. He is just stating the facts. Ruud van Nistelrooy got two more chances and in the second half with Robin and Afellay, a tad more luck or smarter play and we could have punished the Italians seriously. But, JC also said: “I’m happy for Oranje. They did very well. But, don’t forget, Italy didn’t play that bad, in particular the second half, I expected them to score. Oranje had some luck, sure, but the Italians squandered their chances too.”

Robin van Persie dedicated this victory to Ryan Babel, his buddy who had to leave the squad due to injury. “I received an sms right before the game. Ryan is so involved, I want to dedicate this to him. If I score at this tournament, I’ll dedicate that goal to him as well. We all feel so bad for him, this could be his platform.” Van Persie isn’t worried about his position in the group. “Listen, we’re going for the title and you don’t win prizes with eleven players, but with at least 15 or 16 and in principal with the whole group. If I can be important in 10 minutes, fine. If I can play a whole match, great! It’s not about me, here…”
    the good thing about this Dutch squad is that friendships go across (club) bounderies. We used to have a Ajax, A PSV camp, etc. Sneijder now plays with RVN & Robben. Robin & Babel are mates, etc. Looks like we finally have a TEAM again. Best thing is most of them are still early in their carreers, we'll have this squad for the next 3-4 major championships. For the ones retiring in the near future we've replacements ready e.g. Huntelaar for RVN.

Unfortunately Van Marwijk will f@ck everything up by bringing Van Bommel back.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:06 pm

COTR wrote:That rule makes perfect sense because a defender could just step off the pitch at any time and make someone offside. I'm not sure if the refs made the call out of luck or judgement but it was a great decision if they knew what they were doing
    Sums it up for me. <Ale> ok
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm

It would bring a new twist to football, if defenders suddnely hurled themselves onto the touchline whilst the attacker played the ball...

For what its worth, it means Bendtner was onside against pool in the champions league.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Don Leo wrote:

the good thing about this Dutch squad is that friendships go across (club) bounderies. We used to have a Ajax, A PSV camp, etc. Sneijder now plays with RVN & Robben. Robin & Babel are mates, etc. Looks like we finally have a TEAM again. Best thing is most of them are still early in their carreers, we'll have this squad for the next 3-4 major championships. For the ones retiring in the near future we've replacements ready e.g. Huntelaar for RVN.

However, makes you think though, that with the counter attacking character of the team, having Makaay around would have been an asset to this team. I think so.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Yep, was dead sure it was offside myself (used to win rule-book quizez at my old footy club), lost a bet on it last night...

Really wonder about whether the refs were lucky or applied the rule.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:10 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/7445476.stm

the 1st goal was good

Best part was MotD claiming that it was off-side : they checked with Graham Poll Laugh

How mad must you be to check the rules with a ref who gave three yellow cards to the same player in one match lol!
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:13 pm

Don Leo wrote:Yep, was dead sure it was offside myself (used to win rule-book quizez at my old footy club), lost a bet on it last night...

lucky imho but doubt we'll ever really know
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:14 pm

DD wrote:
    Don Leo wrote:

However, makes you think though, that with the counter attacking character of the team, having Makaay around would have been an asset to this team. I think so.
    For sure, but that's mainly because Robben is injured. He usually is the target for counterattacks, like at the 2006 WC with that Van Persie assist on him. One could argue Makaay should have been in the squad, because Robben always needs back up. We're a bit short in pace up front. Problem is we've already so many attacking players in our squad & they all have valid reasons for them being included too. Most of these reasons are more important than being Robben back-up for counter attacks.

Having said that if Makaay would have come on with 2-0 up, we maybe would have really trashed them.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Don Leo wrote:Yep, was dead sure it was offside myself (used to win rule-book quizez at my old footy club), lost a bet on it last night...

I was watching with my dad, he *immediately* made the right call with the right explanation....I hadn't even noticed Panucci lying there, but I knew of this rule.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:19 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:

lucky imho but doubt we'll ever really know
    guess we won't

I didn't even cheer when the ball went it. Immediately saw it was offside. tried to calm down everybody saying, it's offside, it won't count...Kept on doing that until they kicked off again....

I thought the rule was the same for defenders and strikers.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Axeslammer wrote:

I was watching with my dad, he *immediately* made the right call with the right explanation....I hadn't even noticed Panucci lying there, but I knew of this rule.
    ok for me it was the other way around I noticed Panucci lying, but thought he would be treated the same as an attacking player out of the field.

2 of the guys I was watching it with work as a footy trainer. 1 at a high level, 1 at an average club. Only the one from the average club knew the rule. Of all the other knowledgable footy fans in the room (about 15). Nobody knew the rule was like this.

Last edited by Don Leo on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Anyone have an inkling what Clarence must have been thinking yesterday ? Whistle
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:21 pm

From the Torygraph:

Tournaments often require a match, a performance or a result to set the pulses racing and the wonderful Dutch have kick-started Euro 2008 in style. Holland seemed to crave victory more than Italy, winning many 50-50 balls, even some 60-40 against them.

Thirty years of hurt was poured into this display, Holland finally overcoming Italy for the first time since Arie Haan's long-distance strike settled their meeting at the 1978 World Cup finals in Buenos Aires. Another monumental exhibition was staged last night.

What a game this was, as exciting as the earlier Group C stalemate between France and Romania had been lacklustre. Italy showed signs of class after the break, but they were simply blown away by Dutch counters. "Always look on the bright side of life," their jubilant fans chanted at the disappearing Italians.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/10/sfghol210.xml
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:22 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:torres avatar = 2 yellow cards it's getting worse

lol!
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Yef Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Axeslammer wrote:Anyone have an inkling what Clarence must have been thinking yesterday ? Whistle

We PWNED his team mates midfield!
    Yef

Post by Yef Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:37 pm

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy! - Page 23 Openinglachen

Italian press: Het is toch facking nie normaal!!!! Very Happy
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:38 pm

I was impressed by the Romanian left back Rat. The commentators said he was looking to leave Donetsk. Anyone linked with him.

And well done dutchies
    Yef

Post by Yef Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm

We penetrated and riped their defense apart in a way a Pedo would do to a 5-year old girl!

Amazing really!
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Fey did you post your team ratings?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

I still don't think it is all rosy at back for the Dutch. One was cleared off the line, Toni should have scored, Di Natale could have scored, and so could Alex.

Therefore, I disagree that Italy were sterile in attack, I think they created a few chances, and it was their defence + poor finishing + a bit of bad luck that seen him humilitated 3-0.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:47 pm