Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
Deluded F*ck™
EM Seleção e Selecção
The Bulk
110%
christmasborocooper
toon h
Calidad
theflyingfrenchman
shazlx
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Parks lives
Rasiak-9
Cesc Soler
Chocolate Thunder
AcciDrenthe
golsud
Ä
robert
gone
DeLux
Historicus
Protheus
Batman
72-76-80-96-08
Sheffield gunner
Pierre Littbarski
Super Progress
Effenberg
The-Frank-Tavern
The Pröfessör
Dwarf
COTR
Football Genius
anglophileHedgehog
Kimbo
Enigma
L.r.d
Since 1888
fcb
blutgraetsche
BoBo Vieri 32
Z&H
Hlebagone
Machiavel
Yef
SuperMario
Rosicky
Black Magic
Ricardo Jol
Kroos
forza_rossi
Juligen
S4P
Axeslammer
debaser
Fey
60 posters

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy!

Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy! - Page 24 Empty Re: The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy!

Post by Yef Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Afellay wrote:Fey did you post your team ratings?

No, not yet! But since im at work now I will make them, got all the time in the world!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy! - Page 24 Empty Re: The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:46 pm

I agree Cali, Holland's CB's looked quite Vunerable to me, the full-backs were awesome though.

Toni won loads of 50-50 battles, but no Midfielder came to support (Mauro).
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:48 pm

I dont know about the Dutch, but people are ripping the Italians. Especially Materazzi

ITALY

Buffon 6 – Partly to blame for first goal after a poor punch. Made one outstanding save from van Nistelrooy at 0-2. Did not communicate with his defenders as much as he should have.

Panucci 5.5 – Below par. Questionable whether he has the pace to play at right back in an international tournament. Did better when switched to the centre.

Barzagli 4 – Has never impressed without Cannavaro to hold his hand and this was proved tonight after a shocking performance. Certainly not the next in a long-line of great Italian defenders judged on this.

Materazzi 3.5 – Confirmed his dreadful club season with a stinker of a game. Second to every ball, positionally all over the place, and no help at all to Barzagli. If it was up to me, he would never play for Italy again.

Zambrotta 6 – The best of a bad bunch, although improved greatly as the game went on, going on one excellent run in the second half down the left.

Gattuso 6 – Battled as usual in midfield, and slowly took charge as the game wore on, but as proven for Milan this season his levels have quite clearly dropped from the World Cup two years ago.

Pirlo 7 – Unsurprisingly Italy’s best midfielder. Brilliant through-ball to put Grosso through on goal, while he would have scored with a magnificent free-kick, had it not been for Van der Sar’s miraculous save.

Ambrosini 5 – Baffling decision by Donadoni to start him ahead of De Rossi, and he clearly was not in the same league as Sneijder and Van der Vaart. Missed a chance late on.

Camoranesi 4 – Anonymous on the right hand side of the trident. Quite why Donadoni waited until the 75th minute to take him off is another mystery.

Di Natale 6 – Far from Italy’s worst player. Di Natale worked hard, and had a few efforts, including one sweet volley that would have gone in had it not been straight at Van der Sar.

Toni 5 – Another disappointment. Looked strangely tired after a long campaign. Missed one glorious one-on-one opportunity.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=729848
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Juligen, yes but that's goal.com. They never got the ratings right. I mean Gattuso got a bigger note then Ambrosini.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:53 pm

Clayton Bigsby™ wrote:I agree Cali, Holland's CB's looked quite Vunerable to me, the full-backs were awesome though.

Mathijsen is terrible!!!!!!!!
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Clayton Bigsby™ wrote:I agree Cali, Holland's CB's looked quite Vunerable to me, the full-backs were awesome though.

Give Mathijsen a break, yesterday I booked myself into hospital before the game as I expected him to send me into another cardiac arrest, but he didn’t .. the defence is still the concern nonetheless but they can all prove us wrong.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Don Leo wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    Don Leo wrote:Yep, was dead sure it was offside myself (used to win rule-book quizez at my old footy club), lost a bet on it last night...

Really wonder about whether the refs were lucky or applied the rule.

I was watching with my dad, he *immediately* made the right call with the right explanation....I hadn't even noticed Panucci lying there, but I knew of this rule.
    ok for me it was the other way around I noticed Panucci lying, but thought he would be treated the same as an attacking player out of the field.

2 of the guys I was watching it with work as a footy trainer. 1 at a high level, 1 at an average club. Only the one from the average club knew the rule. Of all the other knowledgable footy fans in the room (about 15). Nobody knew the rule was like this.
    You are interpreting the rule wrong - it was offside. Panucci was not "willingly" out of the pitch, he was lying on the ground and did not get up.

But it was a tough call and it would be silly to blame the refree.

Don Leo, if you wanna win your bet, I could give you the interpretation...

Last edited by bluenine on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:04 pm

My match ratings:

Van der Sar 8
    Boulah 8
    Ooijer 7
    Mathijsen 5
    Gio 10
    De Jong 6
    Engelaar 8
    Kuyt 9
    VDV 8
    Sneijder 9
    RVN 8
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:07 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Don Leo wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    Don Leo wrote:Yep, was dead sure it was offside myself (used to win rule-book quizez at my old footy club), lost a bet on it last night...

I was watching with my dad, he *immediately* made the right call with the right explanation....I hadn't even noticed Panucci lying there, but I knew of this rule.
    ok for me it was the other way around I noticed Panucci lying, but thought he would be treated the same as an attacking player out of the field.

2 of the guys I was watching it with work as a footy trainer. 1 at a high level, 1 at an average club. Only the one from the average club knew the rule. Of all the other knowledgable footy fans in the room (about 15). Nobody knew the rule was like this.
    You are interpreting the rule wrong - it was offside. Panucci was not "willingly" out of the pitch, he was lying on the ground and did not get up.

Yeah, he did not get up, but he wasn't injured in any way and even looked at the play while he was lying. I see that as willingly out of play.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:07 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Don Leo wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:

The UEFA came out with an official statement, saying it's like I say (think it's a stupid rule though).

whether it's willingly or not does NOT matter (for a defender)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/7445476.stm

Last edited by Don Leo on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:07 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Don Leo wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:

Well you can argue he was willingly off the pitch because he left the pitch as a result of defending an attack. Whether he was injured or not is a bit irrelevant because the shot came about five seconds after he had left the pitch

But it didn't really end up having much of an impact on the result so it isn't as controversial as it could have been
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:07 pm

bluenine wrote:

It has nothing to do with willingly : you need specific consent of the ref to leave active play.

Not our fault Buffon bowled him over and Panucci was too lazy to get up (he didn't have anything).

Perfectly legal goal as confirmed by every official in 32 countries, except by Graham Poll Laugh
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Don Leo wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Don Leo wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:

The UEFA came out with an official statement, saying it's like I say (think it's a stupid rule though).

whether it's willingly or not does NOT matter (for a defender)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/7445476.stm

Its a grey area, though, because the general understanding of the new laws is that a player is only classified as being in an active position if he standing off the field of play BY CHOICE. It is certainly debatable whether Panucci, on the ground in pain following a collision with Gigi Buffon, was where he was out of choice.

The rule makes a distinction between whether a player leaves the pitch involuntarily or in a conscious effort to play a striker offside and Panucci was lying injured. The point of the rule is to stop players from leaving the pitch on purpose to gain an advantage by playing the opponent offside. That was NOT the case with Panucci

Just like every handball in the penalty area is not a penalty - the refree has to use his judgement to interpret the rule. In this case, the ref got it wrong.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:22 pm

bluenine wrote:In this case, the ref got it wrong.[/size].

Typical Italian cheating sore losers : it's 100% defined by the rules Ale

What's your view on Ruud getting a penalty ? Was exactly the same situation as Grosso against Australia....

I'm guessing you think you deserved the penalty and we don't Wink
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:29 pm

It is a "grey era..." and a strange rule

If the ref had disallowed the goal nobody would have complained. The press and experts would have said "it was clearly off side..."

But then arguing about Panucci having pain.... Italians always have pain when they fall on the ground that's part of their game.... So that argument is wrong....Wink

Last edited by RicardoJol on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:30 pm

Axeslammer wrote:

What's your view on Ruud getting a penalty ? Was exactly the same situation as Grosso against Australia....

What penalty?

I am afraid that there were no replays either at half-time or at the end of the game concerning any kind of penalty. The whole 15 mins of half-time was devoted to how rvn was off-side Wink
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:31 pm

110% wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:

What penalty?

I am afraid that there were no replays either at half-time or at the end of the game concerning any kind of penalty. The whole 15 mins of half-time was devoted to how rvn was off-side Wink

It wasn't a penalty anyway. Buffon pulled out of the challenge and Ruud lost his balance for the tap in. It was almost as if he was trying to induce the contact but it never came so he didn't know what to do
    Yef

Post by Yef Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:35 pm

Ratings!!!

van der Saar Ale : Great match, showed Buffon he is the better one..well at least he was that evening. Great captain, great keeper. 8

Boula: What a tank that man, and played RB again! Like that night against Dinho! 8

Mathijssen: He shouldnt be in the team, and he is not technical superior to anyone! 6

Ooijer: Good defending, a bit sloppy from time to time 7

van Bronckhorst: MOTM..he deserves his own statue after tonight, what a show from him, most likely the best match he ever played and will ever play. Was simply amazing, IMO the Dutch government should declare war to Indonesia again to free the Maluku! And he isnt a LB at all! WERE YOU WATCHIN LAHM!! Our captain made all people from Rotterdam proud 10+

De Jong: Has to be said, I was worried when I got to know he was gonna play, but he was actually better then useful..played like a real guy from Amsterdam 6,5

Engelaar: What a beast, this guy made sure our team is more balanced then ever. And this was his first real TEST ever. Before he played only friendlies!! Played like a real guy from Rotterdam 9

Kuyt: Well, you all know how I think of him, and he showed his second form like I promised. He was simply amazing, and I was Shocked that he wasnt the MOTM at the end of the game, the Italians couldnt get a hold of him...the Right side was all his! And of course...got a few assists as well! Amazing!!! Ooww and anyone seen that little turn against Pirlo by him??? Biggrin What a guy 9

Midget: Did better then I expected 6+

VDV: Worked very hard, and that says something!! He really was great yesterday, got some great passes and just humiliated the Italians from time to time 8.

RVN: Worked like a horse! With the 0-0 any German or southern player would have gone down for the penalty! Not Ruud though, the god from Geffen knew he would score a fair goal...which he did. But the one on one with Buffon should have been a goal Ruud, especially for you!! 8
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:37 pm

COTR wrote:
    110% wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:

What penalty?

It wasn't a penalty anyway. Buffon pulled out of the challenge and Ruud lost his balance for the tap in. It was almost as if he was trying to induce the contact but it never came so he didn't know what to do

ok

'Twas mush different to Grosso/Neill.

I disagree that the offside didn't affect the ame, the 2 other dutch goals came from the Italians chasing the game.

I was a deserved win, but 3-0 was harsh on the Italians, I thought.

Last edited by Clayton Bigsby™ on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:38 pm

COTR wrote:
    110% wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:

What penalty?

Never saw that as I said there were no replays at all, and the incident was not even mentioned Wink.
    Yef

Post by Yef Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 pm

The Kuyt MotM day 9/6: Romania v France and Holland v Italy! - Page 24 Italiancatiz128575791532798236

Cool
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:48 pm

COTR wrote:

Buffon still obstructed Ruud's natural path, without him getting the ball.

(I don't really think it's a penalty, but it's *exactly* the same situation as the Grosso dive against Australia....all the Italy fans claim that was a legitimate penalty, so they have show true colours here)
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:50 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    COTR wrote:

(I don't really think it's a penalty, but it's *exactly* the same situation as the Grosso dive against Australia....all the Italy fans claim that was a legitimate penalty, so they have show true colours here)

Well the Grosso penalty was never a pen. The whole world knows this so it may indeed be time for the italians to own up Wink
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:50 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Grosso had the right to go down, just as Ruud did.

And FYI, alot of Grosso's teammates at the WC were joking about that incident, saying we got lucky etc.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Sar 8.5

Ooijer 7+

Mathijsen 6

Boulah 8.5

Gio 9.5

De Jong 6.5

Engelaar 8

Sneijder 8

VDV 8

Kuyt 9

Ruud 7.5
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 pm

If you read the offside law on the Fifa website it says nothing about defenders being off the pitch, so it looks like Uefa are making up the rules as they go along just to protect their stupid linesman.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Murray wrote:If you read the offside law on the Fifa website it says nothing about defenders being off the pitch, so it looks like Uefa are making up the rules as they go along just to protect their stupid linesman.
    Funny that more or less every official commenting on the matter knows this rule then murray

law 11.11 in the rulebook - under advice to referees. "A defender who leaves the field during the course of play and does not immediately return must still be considered in determining where the second to last defender is for the purpose of judging which attackers are in an offside position," he says. "Such a defender is considered to be on the touch line or goal line closest to his or her off-field position.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:59 pm

COTR wrote:
    Murray wrote:If you read the offside law on the Fifa website it says nothing about defenders being off the pitch, so it looks like Uefa are making up the rules as they go along just to protect their stupid linesman.
    Funny that more or less every official commenting on the matter knows this rule then murray

law 11.11 in the rulebook - under advice to referees. "A defender who leaves the field during the course of play and does not immediately return must still be considered in determining where the second to last defender is for the purpose of judging which attackers are in an offside position," he says. "Such a defender is considered to be on the touch line or goal line closest to his or her off-field position.

Where did you find this rule, it's not on the fifa website
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:59 pm

VDS - 8

Ooijer - 7

Mathijsen - 6

Boulahrouz - 8

Gio - 9.5

De Jong - 7

Engelaar - 8.5

Sneijder - 8

VDV - 8

Kuyt - 8.5

RVN 6.5
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Murray wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Where did you find this rule, it's not on the fifa website

The rule is all over the internet this morning murray. I'm surprised you missed it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:22 pm