Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+87
Chris 23*
ERIK LAMELA
worms rises
Pirlo
OP9
the real white worm
The Chosen Glenn
110%
Luis
Romford Pele
worms.
messiah
TITO
Jaime
Effenberg
Pras_tama
Brian 2468
Xavier
blutgraetsche
Allez les rouges
Isco Benny
Aristoskank
debaser
Matt_AFC
Lusitan
The Easter Bunny
L r dd
QOTSA
Super Progress
mongrel hawk
TheCrazy58
Hem fet un mal partit
Yef
TM
stinger
Juligen
Batman
forza_rossi
DeLux
ronnies teeth
Puro
Riviera
lampiao007
bluenine
Deano
COTR
hammer_jake
Black Magic
christmasborocooper
Chocolate Thunder
Dwarf
fcb
Calidad
BoBo Vieri 32
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
S4P
EM Seleção e Selecção
Pierre Littbarski
Parks lives
Kroos
Glenarch of the Glen
toon h
The Pröfessör
Chap
Napoléon
Khadrim
Murray
Historicus
Sgoater1
Kimbo
L.r.d
Brian2468
Cesc Soler
Fey
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
Ricardo Jol
Stiftung Haeschentest
Hlebagone
Lesley
Ballboy Thomas Müller
monty
Axeslammer
SuperMario
Enigma
EMP
91 posters

International Friendlies Thread

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

International Friendlies Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by COTR Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Ric Jol wrote:Why you are so negative? 2-2 against the Czechs is not bad....! they were on the EC so they belong to one of the better teams in europe! Ale

It is prob more to do with the time warp the team is stuck in
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

International Friendlies Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by EMP Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:08 pm

There are other problems too. Jankulowski and Sirl carved England apart. Baros had too much space to turn and it really should have been an own goal against Ashley Cole - his deflection caused it to go in. -Not even sure it would have otherwise. Capello thinks he was playing 4-3-2-1 with Gerrard definitely not playing on left. England got lucky - didn't really deserve draw and that is worrying at home. That said it is a bit early to be giving up.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 pm

"It's always good to have someone to play balls into that little hole where I like it" - Robbie Keane on having Stephen Reid back in the Ireland midfield.

Was this really said? I saw it on the 442 forum. Amazing.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:36 pm

HUNGARY 3-3 MONTENEGRO

Missed this result from Wednesday - Fiorentina's Jovetic scored a brace for the visitors - Watford's Tamas Priskin had opened the scoring for the hosts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4He8q9Gpho

cheers

18 Caps, 7 goals now for the rich man's Torres <Ale>
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:52 pm

borocooper wrote:"It's always good to have someone to play balls into that little hole where I like it" - Robbie Keane on having Stephen Reid back in the Ireland midfield.

Was this really said? I saw it on the 442 forum. Amazing.

lol! lol! lol! lol!.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:13 am

I guess this is only expected... it will be interesting to see which "new" players he picks for these high profile friendlies....

Capello Keeping His Axe Sharp
    Fabio Capello has revealed that his England squad is still very much a work-in-progress, meaning the axe will be wielded ahead of next month's friendly against Germany... England sit top of UEFA Group Six in World Cup qualifying with four wins from as many games following Wednesday's 3-1 win over Belarus.

It is the Three Lions' best-ever start to a WCQ campaign, and they will hope to make it five from five when they face the Ukraine in April.

But Capello is not completely satisfied and insisted that changes will be made for the Three Lions' friendly visit to Berlin on November 19.

The Italian told The Sun: “It doesn’t mean that because we have done well in Belarus, these are the players I go with. No, you always have to prepare the future.

“For me, the friendly matches are experiments to decide the best XI, to decide the best group, to decide everything. I needed to experiment and I will do the same in the next three games starting with Germany and Spain.

“Someone can be injured or someone might not be able to play in the next few games. I know all the English players and I will decide who to pick when the time comes.

“So before the Germany game, I will try and find some new players.”

Aston Villa trio Ashley Young, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Nigel Reo-Coker are all in line for a call-up, while Newcastle United striker Michael Owen could also work his way back into the fold.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Oh man, I gotta go for this one - there is no way I am going to miss this.... can the arsenal fans here help me out sourcing a coupla tickets????

Italy-Brazil venue confirmed Thursday 13 November, 2008
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Italy's friendly against Brazil next February will be played at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.

Marcello Lippi's world champions will take on the nation with the most world titles to their name on the evening of February 10 and Arsenal are proud to be hosting the occasion.

“Everyone at Arsenal is proud and honoured to be staging this international match between two of the world's greatest teams,” Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood stated.

“Brazil and Italy both have proud and very successful football histories and we are looking forward to welcoming the teams and the many Brazilian and Italian supporters.”

It will be a special game for a number of Brazilian Serie A stars, including Milan's Kaka, Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato, who will be up against their club teammates.

Meanwhile, the clash has added significance as Juventus striker Amauri could pay his first game for one of his two nations.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:45 am

I've asked fellow gunners (Arsenal Amnia) if do know a way. I'll pm you the moment I know something.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:20 pm

De Guzman wrote:I've asked fellow gunners (Arsenal Amnia) if do know a way. I'll pm you the moment I know something.

Thanks pal, that will be a big help!!
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:26 pm

bluenine wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:I've asked fellow gunners (Arsenal Amnia) if do know a way. I'll pm you the moment I know something.

Thanks pal, that will be a big help!!
    The way I understand it: make sure you're the 1st when the tickets go on general sale december 4th (heard for previous Brazil matches people got tickets in this way).

Brazil v Italy
    International Friendly Match
    Emirates Stadium
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009. Kick-off: 7.45pm

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce ticket details for the forthcoming match between Brazil and Italy, to be played at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday 10th February 2009 Kick-off 19:45pm.
    Before tickets for this exciting match go on General Sale, the Club is delighted to offer Arsenal Members the first opportunity to purchase tickets.
    Tickets will be available as follows:
    Platinum (Club Level) and Gold (GA Season Ticket)
    Tickets will be available from 11am on Monday 17th November 2008 to purchase your own seat. (booking fees apply). Sales will stop at 4pm on Monday 24th November 2008.
    Silver Members
    Tickets will be available from 10:30am on Tuesday 25th November 2008 (booking fees apply)
    Red Members
    Tickets will be available from 10:30am on Wednesday 26th November 2008. (booking fees apply)
    General Sale (Non-Arsenal Members)
    Tickets will go on General sale on Thursday 4th December @ 10:30am (subject to availability. Booking fees apply)

Ticket Prices
    Centre Upper - £55
    Centre Upper Back - £45
    Next to Centre Upper - £45
    Next to Centre Upper Back - £40
    Wing Upper - £40
    Wing Upper Back - £40
    Corner Upper - £40
    Goal Upper - £40
    Goal Upper Back - £40
    Centre Lower - £40
    Wing Lower - £35
    Corner Lower - £35
    Goal Lower - £35 - Junior gunners £17 Cannon/OAP £20 Members only.
    Club Level Halfway Line - £75
    Club Level Midfield - £65
    Club Level Behind Goal - £60
    Club Level Corner - £60

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/brazil-v-italy-ticket-information
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Ghana coach Milovan Rajevac has recalled Andre Ayew and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie for the friendly against Tunisia in Accra. Despite not having a team Stephen Appiah is in the squad as well.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Imo this midweek with all those useless friendlies is a hostile international break. It's terrorism by the FA's CFO's. Nobody cares aboyut these matches, even the players come up with Cr@p excuses so they don;t waste their time / risk getting injured.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Why Fatty Koevermans doesn't want to play for Oranje B anymore? Is he TOO good for that team...?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:53 pm

I might try and get tickets that the Brasil-Italy match as well.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:57 pm

SC Braga's Orlando Sá scored a hattrick for Portugal U21 (after Arsenal's Rui Fonte opened the scoring & Parejo had equalised from the spot) in thir 4-1 win over Spain U21.

Was/is he any good?
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:24 pm

First time I heard of the boy. Need to keep an eye on the Braga team more often. Some interesting kids coming out of the youth squads in Portugal
    If they have their space on the main teams that is
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 pm

Serbia 6-1 up in friendly v Bulgaria (close to FT).

OZ won 0-1 away in Bahrain & are already 5 points clear in their WC qualification group. Looks like they'll make the WC hands down. Dutch managers ok
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Malta 0-1 Iceland-FT. cheers.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Bendtner v Ramsey aka Denmark v Wales:

http://nl.justin.tv/sportstime
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:31 pm

That c**t Bellamy robbed Ramsey of his Wales debut goal. If he would have just squared it in stead of being egocentric.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:35 pm

De Guzman wrote:That c**t Bellamy robbed Ramsey of his Wales debut goal. If he would have just squared it in stead of being egocentric.

Bellamy is a striker...
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:37 pm

so what? I don't mind a striker going for an even more diifult option himself. But if he f@cks up, he should have squared it.

ramsey could have walked the ball into goal.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:38 pm

If Ramsey didn't play for Arsenal you wouldn't care...I don't care about Wales/Denmark...so I hope Bellamy, Collins and Collison steal the show...
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:39 pm

If Bellamy would have played for Arsenal I would have said exactly the same.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:03 pm

GianDeano Zola wrote:Malta 0-1 Iceland-FT. cheers.

It's Malta...

The mega c**t Riise got a red card for bad language or whatever Yikes Yikes Should be his last game for a very very long time!
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Van Persie scores with a good glancing header after a cross. 32' Holland - Sweden 1-0. He's playing well anyway.

poor match. sweden have done f@ck all & Holland play at a too low pace.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Greece 1-0 up v Italy

Gekas
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Van persie 2-0. good VDV cut back.

2-1 kallstrom (Vorm should have saved it)
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:44 pm

"Blimey. This one almost slipped me by. One for you record fans - Italy's 1-1 draw in Greece means that coach Marcello Lippi has equalled the world record of 31 successive international games without defeat."

Very impressive.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:49 pm

Dwarf wrote:"Blimey. This one almost slipped me by. One for you record fans - Italy's 1-1 draw in Greece means that coach Marcello Lippi has equalled the world record of 31 successive international games without defeat."

Very impressive.

I believe that's only you Dwarf!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:34 pm