Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
TM
BoBo Vieri 32
Torrente
Kimbo
Axeslammer
Murray
debaser
Sheffield gunner
stinger
Fade out
Dwarf
The Easter Bunny
Pierre Littbarski
COTR
Parks lives
Deluded F*ck™
The Pröfessör
A & K
Hlebagone
S4P
Super Progress
fcb
Aristoskank
Luis
Tweesus
Six
Batman '
shazlx
Allez les rouges
Romford Pele
EMP
SuperMario
Fey
Rosicky
christmasborocooper
Batman
Di Caniooooo!
L r dd
Chocolate Thunder
Glenarch of the Glen
44 posters

FA Cup Semi Finals

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by Parks lives Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:19 pm

The Professor wrote:Typical Arsenal performance.

We started well, scored a goal, and made Chelsea chase the ball. Anelka was even coming as far as the half way line to get a touch of the ball. But then u just knew Arsenal will find a way to make life easier for its opponents, we gave away a careless goal and played Chelsea into the game. Very similar to our semi final CL performance at Anfield last season. We played pool off the park, scored again and looked like we could go and and score another, but we gifted them a goal from a needless corner and played them into the game. We all know how that game ended. Lets hope for a different outcome this time.

Unlucky.

Bad advert for Denilson that game, gave the ball away in real dangerous areas. Fabregas looked off the pace as well.

I think it's abit worrying CL/FA cup wise just how well Chelsea are playing now (still probably to late for the league).
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Batman Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 pm

im glad Arsenal are out, they will be more determined to beat Liverpool now

hopefully Wenger will start Song and Arshavin
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:22 pm

Parks lives wrote:

We started well, scored a goal, and made Chelsea chase the ball. Anelka was even coming as far as the half way line to get a touch of the ball. But then u just knew Arsenal will find a way to make life easier for its opponents, we gave away a careless goal and played Chelsea into the game. Very similar to our semi final CL performance at Anfield last season. We played pool off the park, scored again and looked like we could go and and score another, but we gifted them a goal from a needless corner and played them into the game. We all know how that game ended. Lets hope for a different outcome this time.

Unlucky.

Bad advert for Denilson that game, gave the ball away in real dangerous areas. Fabregas looked off the pace as well.

I think it's abit worrying CL/FA cup wise just how well Chelsea are playing now (still probably to late for the league).

He did. But cant have been helped by playing with a very poor Denilson and a diabolical Diaby. Diaby was absolutely dreadful. Gave the ball away constantly and outmuscled, contributing nothing defensively.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Dark Knight wrote:im glad Arsenal are out, they will be more determined to beat Liverpool now

They'll also be more tired and their keeper will be low on confidence cheers
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Luis wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:im glad Arsenal are out, they will be more determined to beat Liverpool now

They'll also be more tired and their keeper will be low on confidence cheers

wenger will change the team around
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Parks lives wrote:

Unlucky.

I don't think they were that good. But they had the better of the 2nd half and deserved a goal in that half. So congrats to them Ale

Denilson played two dangerous balls, one in each half, and was lucky not to be punished for them. I thought he started the game well and had overall a decent 1st half(anonymous in the 2nd half though , just like everyone). He'll no doubt be the one that will get the blame now, but both Fabregas and Diaby were poorer.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:43 pm

The Professor wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:

Unlucky.

I don't think they were that good. But they had the better of the 2nd half and deserved a goal in that half. So congrats to them Ale

Denilson played two dangerous balls, one in each half, and was lucky not to be punished for them. I thought he started the game well and had overall a decent 1st half(anonymous in the 2nd half though , just like everyone). He'll no doubt be the one that will get the blame now, but both Fabregas and Diaby were poorer.

Ahh the mythical denilson had a poor game again I see

Let's hope he turns it on against Liverpool eh
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Saturday, 25 October 2008

Everton 1-1 Man Utd

Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar, Saha (Anichebe 90), Yakubu (Vaughan 88').
    Subs Not Used: Nash, Baines, Castillo, Nuno Valente, Rodwell.

Goals: Fellaini 63.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher (Tevez 78'), Giggs, Park (Anderson 67), Berbatov, Rooney (Nani 71).
    Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Evans.

Goals:
    Fletcher 22.

Ref: Alan Wiley (Staffordshire).

Saturday, 31 January 2009

Man Utd 1-0 Everton

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville (Brown 56), Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Carrick, Fletcher (Giggs 75), Park, Berbatov, Tevez.
    Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Welbeck, Fabio Da Silva, Gibson, Eckersley.

Goals: Ronaldo 44 pen.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Neville, Pienaar, Fellaini (Anichebe 68'), Cahill.
    Subs Not Used: Nash, Yobo, Castillo, Jacobsen, Rodwell, Gosling.

Ref: Mark Halsey (Lancashire)

Expect another tight game

Gary Neville and Rafael da Silva have been passed fit for United, while Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick should recover from knocks in time to play.

Paul Scholes, Park Ji-sung and Carlos Tevez are among those likely to start.

Everton manager David Moyes must decide whether to risk striker Louis Saha, who has had a stomach virus.

On-loan striker Jo is cup-tied but Joseph Yobo and James Vaughan have recovered from injuries and are included in Moyes' squad.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Neville, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rafael, Fabio, O'Shea, Evans, Ronaldo, Anderson, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Carrick, Park, Nani, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Macheda.

Everton (from): Howard, Hibbert, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Osman, Pienaar, Neville, Rodwell, Fellaini, Cahill, Yobo, Saha, Vaughan, Nash, Gosling, Jacobsen, Van der Meyde, Castillo, Baxter.
    Batman '

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

Post by Batman ' Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Manchester United will win.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:48 pm

COTR wrote:
    The Professor wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:

Unlucky.

Ahh the mythical denilson had a poor game again I see

Let's hope he turns it on against Liverpool eh

He'll probably do Ok, as I remember him scoring against "the 3rd best squad in the league" - (Aston villa it is according to our friend COTR, If anyone else is wondering). So in theory Liverpool should not be a problem.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:51 pm

scratch

The third best squad in the league is Liverpool's

Feel free to carry on thinking Denilson is good enough to start for you mate. The longer he does the better for the rest of us.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 pm

has Wanger explained his team selection? Almost seemed like he was caught in two minds as far as which game was more important this week. 7 points clear of Villa with a game in hand he surely can't be worried about 4th place.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:01 pm

COTR wrote:scratch

The third best squad in the league is Liverpool's

Feel free to carry on thinking Denilson is good enough to start for you mate. The longer he does the better for the rest of us.

Are you taking your comment back now?

You jinxed them COTR. They've been shit since your comment. And the best way u think you'll save face is by having a Denilson agenda. Too easy to figure out, and the longer u continue the more you'll look like a fool.

Go back to winding up the Mancs - that suits u better.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 pm

The Professor wrote:

You jinxed them COTR. They've been shit since your comment. And the best way u think you'll save face is by having a Denilson agenda. To easy to figure out, and the longer u continue the more you'll look like a fool.

Biggrin

I don't have a Denilson agenda. I think I have now made a grand total of about 3 posts on him. I am merely laughing at your claim that the lack of strength in the centre of the arsenal midfield is a myth.

And you then say I am the fool for thinking this

The comment about Villa was before you signed one of the best players in europe so it does sort of change the balance a bit doesn't it Prof

If you want me to say this current arsenal squad is the 4th best in the league then here it is for you

Arsenal currently have the 4th best squad in the league

Happy now Question
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Oh I forgot;

FabianskiGOMES Grr
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:19 pm

COTR wrote:
    The Professor wrote:

You jinxed them COTR. They've been shit since your comment. And the best way u think you'll save face is by having a Denilson agenda. To easy to figure out, and the longer u continue the more you'll look like a fool.

Biggrin

I don't have a Denilson agenda. I think I have now made a grand total of about 3 posts on him. I am merely laughing at your claim that the lack of strength in the centre of the arsenal midfield is a myth.

And you then say I am the fool for thinking this

The comment about Villa was before you signed one of the best players in europe so it does sort of change the balance a bit doesn't it Prof

If you want me to say this current arsenal squad is the 4th best in the league then here it is for you

Happy now Question

lol!
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:24 pm

COTR wrote:
    The Professor wrote:

Biggrin

I don't have a Denilson agenda.

lol!

You didn't give a shit about what I said about him before those comments. But since you always feel uneasy when I remind u of them, you think the only way u can get me back is to have a go at Denilson(who u know I like).

COTR wrote:The comment about Villa was before you signed one of the best players in europe so it does sort of change the balance a bit doesn't it Prof

Happy now Question

lol! Just let it go mate. The longer this continues the more a fool you'll make out of yourself.

You made those comments during the Spurs match, and Arshavin was on the bench!!! I'll dig the thread up for ya(provided u still want to continue looking like a fool) If you don't believe me.

Go back to winding up the Mancs - you were one of my favourite posters doing that
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:26 pm

lol!
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Well done Chelsea.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:56 pm

To be honest. I didn't really think anyone deserved to win the game today. kudos to Chelsea though they have mastered the art of winning ugly.

A few things I'd like to point out. RVP should definitely not be played out on the left. Everyone knows that why doesn't Arsene? Arshavin should have started and Song ahead of either Denilson or Diaby.

Saying all this though Chelsea more a less countered anything Arsenal threw at them but Chelsea wern't that creative themselves. Both teams had masses amount of the posession during the game without doing anything with it. I did think the game was going to extra time. Unfortunately for Fabianski he had a shocker.

I think you were right Saints
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Well all i can say is that i hope Diaby and Denilson start against Man Utd
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:Both teams had masses amount of the posession during the game without doing anything with it. I did think the game was going to extra time. Unfortunately for Fabianski he had a shocker.

And only one man to blame.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:03 pm

L-r d wrote:Well all i can say is that i hope Diaby and Denilson start against Man Utd

We beat you in November Lerd and they both started then.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Ray Parlour wrote:Both teams had masses amount of the posession during the game without doing anything with it. I did think the game was going to extra time. Unfortunately for Fabianski he had a shocker.

I agree but Chelsea are more solid defensively. Pitch didn't help either.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 pm

L-r d wrote:Well all i can say is that i hope Diaby and Denilson start against Man Utd

They both started when u were soundly beaten at the Emirates this season.

@ Parlour

Spot on
    ok Ale
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:06 pm

The Professor wrote:

@ Parlour

Spot on
    ok Ale

We only came to life after that game. Anyway i didn't mind that game it was nice and open and on another day we could have done better with the result.

Im sure you know because arsenal looked so poor thats why man utd played so open. This time that obviously wont happen so we'll see what those two can do then.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:07 pm

To be fair to Wenger though, yes he got certain things wrong that I highlighted on the Arsenal thread, but losing almost his whole defence + 1st choice keeper makes things very difficult for him.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:11 pm

L-r d wrote:
    The Professor wrote:

@ Parlour

Spot on
    ok Ale

We only came to life after that game. Anyway i didn't mind that game it was nice and open and on another day we could have done better with the result.

Im sure you know because arsenal looked so poor thats why man utd played so open. This time that obviously wont happen so we'll see what those two can do then.

No point targeting them, they've both played well in some games against quality opposition this season. So they may or may not play well against u lot.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:
    shazlx wrote:

I agree but Chelsea are more solid defensively. Pitch didn't help either.
    They looked solid because we were imbalanced offensively. Look at what Walcott did with very little support. Cesc's passes were still accurate but there was no movement. Van P was still causing Ivanovich to foul him without doing much. Only Alex was comfortable with Adebayor and Terry was at ease with Diaby.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:14 pm

The Professor wrote:To be fair to Wenger though, yes he got certain things wrong that I highlighted on the Arsenal thread, but losing almost his whole defence + 1st choice keeper makes things very difficult for him.
    If he had bought a better player than Sylvestre in the Summer it wouldn't have been an issue. Anyhow, if he wanted to protect a weak defence, Arshavin would protect the LB more than VanP, Song would be better than Diaby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:30 pm