Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Chocolate Thunder
Super Progress
Romford Pele
COTR
Fade out
EMP
Jaime
Rosicky
Kimbo
fcb
S4P
toon h
16 posters

your team next season

toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

your team next season Empty your team next season

Post by toon h Fri May 08, 2009 8:07 pm

I know Real Madrid fans have been musing, speculating and whizzing about next year's team since last September, but now must come the time for most of us to join them and look where you feel your team needs strengthening, what players should come (realistically) and leave and how you see next season at this moment, depending on those changes being possible.

For Barcelona I am very happy with this season, but we must ensure the hunger remains and we must therefore not fall into the trap of 2006 and make changes. I think Eto'o and Henry need to go, as well as Marquez, Sylvinho (because of age) and maybe Hleb or Gudjohnsen while we still can get some money for them.

Ribery and Villa would for me be dream buys and get Henrique from loan.
    One more defender would be good and one I really really like is Fernandes from Valencia even if he is similar to Toure where we also have Busquets.

Keita has been somewhat disappointing this season but can be a decent squad player as long as not too many regular pieces are removed.

It will be difficult to emulate the season we have had so far, but with Iniesta and Messi still progressing as well as Pique, there are reasons to be optimistic. The main issue is to maintain the hunger and we need a more clinical striker, i.e. Villa.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

your team next season Empty Re: your team next season

Post by S4P Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 pm

-----------------Cech
    Bosingwa--Carvalho--Terry--A Cole
    -----------------Mikel
    -------------Essien--Lampard
    RWF------------Drogba-------LWF

Wouldn't change any of the defence. Playing Mikel would give Essien more freedom in midfield and Obi showed in the Nou Camp that he's ready for the big games now.

Only 2 changes would be a couple of new wingers/wing forwards. Kalou looks very promising but is still too inconsistent, while Malouda is not the answer at the highest level (though his form recently has been a lot better)

No idea who to buy though, unless we went for Ribery and Villa and went 4-4-2, but I can't see us getting either of them. Would take Messi but we need someone who can score against EPL defences Razz plus Barca might get the hump. Is Silva likely to be available?
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Silva would be a great buy for you, S4P. Him and Ribery (who half the continent is after) would complete your team.

I'd finally get shot of Drogba though...

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Silva is up for sale, i think if chelsea get him and ribery, then they will be too good.

isn't mikel on his way to join jose at inter

for barca a left back, someone to replace guddy and ribery and we are set.

would love for henry to leave, but he isn't going to leave during a wc year

eto'o is just confusing me, he and the club needs to make up their minds.

Next season, will be gai's time to get some 1st time minutes, as well

i don't know what will happen with help.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri May 08, 2009 8:24 pm

You can get Silva, yes.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri May 08, 2009 8:26 pm

--------------?????--------------

?????--?????--?????--??????

?????--?????--?????--??????

---------?????--?????----------
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by S4P Fri May 08, 2009 8:27 pm

toon h wrote:Silva would be a great buy for you, S4P. Him and Ribery (who half the continent is after) would complete your team.

I'd finally get shot of Drogba though...

If we sell Drogba, we'll be giving up our hopes of winning the CL in the short run. He missed 2 very good chances against you but he is a phenomenal outlet ball and he just worries (European) defenders because he can create something purely through sheer power.

Selling Drogba would mean changing the whole attitude of the team. I know a lot of people don't like the way we play, but it's got us to the semis of the CL 5 times in the last 6 seasons.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri May 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Why is this Barca team so prone to getting complacent and unmotivated.

Look at united this season, lack of motivation clearly hasnt been a problem.

What makes Barcelona so different ?
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Fri May 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Rosicky wrote:Why is this Barca team so prone to getting complacent and unmotivated.

mes que un club, is the usual answer.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri May 08, 2009 8:30 pm

toon h wrote:I know Real Madrid fans have been musing, speculating and whizzing about next year's team since last September, but now must come the time for most of us to join them and look where you feel your team needs strengthening, what players should come (realistically) and leave and how you see next season at this moment, depending on those changes being possible.

For Barcelona I am very happy with this season, but we must ensure the hunger remains and we must therefore not fall into the trap of 2006 and make changes. I think Eto'o and Henry need to go, as well as Marquez, Sylvinho (because of age) and maybe Hleb or Gudjohnsen while we still can get some money for them.

One more defender would be good and one I really really like is Fernandes from Valencia even if he is similar to Toure where we also have Busquets.

Keita has been somewhat disappointing this season but can be a decent squad player as long as not too many regular pieces are removed.

It will be difficult to emulate the season we have had so far, but with Iniesta and Messi still progressing as well as Pique, there are reasons to be optimistic. The main issue is to maintain the hunger and we need a more clinical striker, i.e. Villa.

How deluded are you lot? More clinical than Samuel f*cking Eto'o????? The man has scored 27 goals (25 from open play) in 32 league matches. He's just turned 28 and you want someone younger? Well, I hope you do get rid of him. Go for Keirrison. I hear he's "great".

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 pm

i never fully understood the whole eto'o isn't clinical enough argument, though sometimes i my self, say the same thing.

he isn't a rvn type striker that will score almost every half chance

but he as out scored villa in every season since they both have been in la liga and he only started to take pk this season
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Fri May 08, 2009 8:35 pm

Jaime wrote:
    toon h wrote:I know Real Madrid fans have been musing, speculating and whizzing about next year's team since last September, but now must come the time for most of us to join them and look where you feel your team needs strengthening, what players should come (realistically) and leave and how you see next season at this moment, depending on those changes being possible.

How deluded are you lot? More clinical than Samuel f*cking Eto'o????? The man has scored 27 goals (25 from open play) in 32 league matches. He's just turned 28 and you want someone younger? Well, I hope you do get rid of him. Go for Keirrison. I hear he's "great".

have you seen entire matches of Barcelona this season? We could have scored 15 against you lot last week and this is the same in most games. We miss a clinical striker for the big games, and I think Villa is our man. I know Eto'o is a great striker and he does a lot for the team, but I think we have to make a few important changes.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 08, 2009 8:35 pm

Rosicky wrote:Why is this Barca team so prone to getting complacent and unmotivated.

IMO it's not simply motivation...there's too much pressure. Much more than Manchester United, odd as it may sound. There are 2 daily newspapers practically dedicated to events regarding the club Laughing

After winning a lot, the expectations are set very high. Especially after the 2005-2006 season, where we signed the best fullback in the world, and everyone thought the squad was perfect. But one small mistake or one bad performance and it's picked up and magnified.

Everything is over-analysed, and eventually it all builds up and collapses on itself...refer to the "Decline of La Liga" thread, where some posters pointed out how fan and media pressure leads to short term thinking and structural instability at clubs. It's different to England, where the short term, fear-based decisions come mainly due to the money in the top division.

Also, having so much discussed about the club leads to complacency because of the hype and praise the players get. So they turn up for some games thinking they don't have to work hard.

But in the previous project, I think the lack of motivation permeated the squad due to 2 key performers just fading away completely - Deco and Ronaldinho. The current squad has players that are much more professional and a coach that's less laid-back.

There was also a key factor which makes the team look worse than it was - lack of fitness. The 4-3-3 system Rijkaard and Guardiola employ, requires a very high work rate from the whole team. When you consider the players had all had long seasons for both club and country, and that Rijkaard never focussed much on physical training anyway, it explains the collapse also.

Last edited by kas on Fri May 08, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri May 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Anyhow...as far as Real Madrid are concerned (for those who can be bothered to go back through and read about 100 pages in the RM thread concerning to this matter), this is what we know:

-------------------Casillas

S. Ramos-----Pepe-----?????-----?????

------------L. Diarra----?????

?????--------------?????----------Robben

--------------------?????

Part of it is hard because we don't know what tactics the new manager is going to bring but in short we need the following (listed in order of importance): Centre midfielder (organizer), Right winger, Left back, Centre back, Centre forward.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri May 08, 2009 8:38 pm

toon h wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

have you seen entire matches of Barcelona this season? We could have scored 15 against you lot last week and this is the same in most games. We miss a clinical striker for the big games, and I think Villa is our man. I know Eto'o is a great striker and he does a lot for the team, but I think we have to make a few important changes.

When I can stomach it, yes, I do watch entire matches and I stand by this fact: 27 goals in 32 matches. I love Villa but he's only scored 18 from play this season. I don't see how you are going to find someone more clinical than Eto'o. No wonder he considers Mallorca his favourite club. He's a c*nt but I think you are being a bit ridiculous.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri May 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Jaime wrote:Anyhow...as far as Real Madrid are concerned (for those who can be bothered to go back through and read about 100 pages in the RM thread concerning to this matter), this is what we know:

?????--------------Raul----------Robben

Part of it is hard because we don't know what tactics the new manager is going to bring but in short we need the following (listed in order of importance): Centre midfielder (organizer), Right winger, Left back, Centre back, Centre forward.

Fixed for you Jamie Ale
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Rosicky wrote:
    Jaime wrote:Anyhow...as far as Real Madrid are concerned (for those who can be bothered to go back through and read about 100 pages in the RM thread concerning to this matter), this is what we know:

?????--------------Raul----------Robben

Fixed for you Jamie Ale

Haven't you heard? City are buying Raul this summer! Ale
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Fri May 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Here we go again. Every year the same crap. Both Silva and Villa want to stay and yes the financial mess is a different consideration, but it is not definite that Valencia has to sell. Wait and see, but quite frankly if Valencia has to sell, especially Villa, it will be terrible for La Liga, as if they sell in Spain the board should be carted off to face an auto da fe and that includes the ones that started the mess. A weakened Valencia is a bad thing for La Liga, so stop circling you vultures. At least have the decency to wait until we are deceased before picking our carcass clean.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Fri May 08, 2009 8:49 pm

------------------Casillas
    Maicon/Ramos--Carvalho--Pepe---Lahm/Taiwo
    ------Toulalan/Lass---Xabi Alonso
    -Diego/Robben---Ibra/Higuain---Ribery/Silva
    -----------------Villa/RVN

I can dream! sorry EMP, you can't stop my dream.
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Fri May 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:------------------Casillas
    Maicon/Ramos--Carvalho--Pepe---Lahm/Taiwo
    ------Toulalan/Lass---Xabi Alonso
    -Diego/Robben---Ibra/Higuain---Ribery/Silva
    -----------------Villa/RVN

I can dream! sorry EMP, you can't stop my dream.

As long as it remains just a dream, carry on. <Ale>
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Fri May 08, 2009 8:53 pm

EMP wrote:Here we go again. Every year the same crap. Both Silva and Villa want to stay and yes the financial mess is a different consideration, but it is not definite that Valencia has to sell. Wait and see, but quite frankly if Valencia has to sell, especially Villa, it will be terrible for La Liga, as if they sell in Spain the board should be carted off to face an auto da fe and that includes the ones that started the mess. A weakened Valencia is a bad thing for La Liga, so stop circling you vultures. At least have the decency to wait until we are deceased before picking our carcass clean.

look, I am not willing Villa to join Barcelona because of their financial situation. I want him to join because he is IMO the best centre forward in the world and think he would fit in very well with our team. You should be proud of having such a player. It's like having a beautiful girlfriend. One shouldn't get angry then if other men think she's hot.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 08, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm still very unsure on what I want the club to do, or what I would do if in charge.

Sure things that we know as of now: Jorquera to leave, Henrique to return, Gudjohnsen to be sold, Keita/Toure/Etoo (if he's there) to miss up to 6 weeks in Jan/Feb for the ACN

Possibilities: Etoo going, Bojan loaned, Hleb sold, Sylvinho released, Caceres loaned, Pedro loaned

So there are too many permutations to consider until some of those situations above are clarified.

If it was up to me, this is what I would do:

Release:
    Jorquera, Sylvinho

Loan:
    Pedro, Caceres (till December only at first)...and both to be loaned to La Liga clubs

Sell:
    Hleb, Gudjohnsen
    (Marquez too, but there's more chance of Wenger signing a 31 year old, so I won't bother dreaming)

Buy:
    - Young attacking LB (those Dutch names sound interesting)

- Versatile wide forward, someone in the Kalou mould. ie. he can rotate with either Messi or Henry...Ribery would be great but a difficult signing, so I also wouldn't mind Luis Suarez or David Silva

- 2 central midfielders, one can be young if someone good is available...Hernanes, Moutinho, Manuel Fernandes...the tricky thing is each of these players would cost around 15m euros at least, and while we do need bodies to cover for the African Cup, possible Club World Cup, and the mark-my-words-it's-coming-burnout of Xavi and Iniesta, our transfer budget is not unlimited (30m plus sales is rumoured, but I'm sure Laporta will stretch it to ensure we sign at least one big name this summer)

But at roughly 7-8m for the LB, 20-22 for Silva/Suarez, 25-30m for the pair of midfielders, less the sales of Hleb and Gudjohnsen (around 10-12m), it's not too big a stretch of the budget.

Also, if only Tevez was 15m and not 30m, I think he'd be a great addition to our squad.

Squad:
    Valdes, Pinto
    Alves, Henrique
    Pique, Marquez
    Puyol, Milito
    Abidal, LB
    Toure, Busquets
    Keita, CM 1
    Xavi, CM 2
    Messi, FW
    Etoo, Bojan
    Henry, Iniesta

I have left the Etoo situation out of the above buy/sell lists and budget calculations, because for me it's clearcut - he wants to leave on a free next summer. We can't allow that to happen, however great a player he is for us. If any club offers 25m euro or more (which is below his true value but will give the buyer the ability to meet his wage demands) we should instantly agree to sell, and buy Villa in his place. That's the only one I want as a replacement, Villa. Nobody else is good enough, unless Aguero decides to move to a different Liga club.

Let's see what happens though. For once, this is a tricky market for Txiki where he'll have to keep his eyes and ears open and be able to react to what other top clubs are doing. Can't identify a fixed shortlist and make our moves early like in the past few seasons.

Last edited by kas on Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 pm

......................Reina

Arbeloa......Carra.....Agger....Aurelio

................Masch....Alonso
    ....Kuyt...............................No idea
    ......................Gerrard
    .......................Torres

Subs : Skrtel, Barry, Babel, Yossi, Riera, Negredo

I have no idea who no idea will be. Let's hope it isn't Stuart Downing

Have to laugh at some of the barca fans wanting Henry and Eto out. We'll happily take henry if you don't want him. He is just about the perfect addition to our team for me
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm

toon h wrote:
    EMP wrote:Here we go again. Every year the same crap. Both Silva and Villa want to stay and yes the financial mess is a different consideration, but it is not definite that Valencia has to sell. Wait and see, but quite frankly if Valencia has to sell, especially Villa, it will be terrible for La Liga, as if they sell in Spain the board should be carted off to face an auto da fe and that includes the ones that started the mess. A weakened Valencia is a bad thing for La Liga, so stop circling you vultures. At least have the decency to wait until we are deceased before picking our carcass clean.

look, I am not willing Villa to join Barcelona because of their financial situation. I want him to join because he is IMO the best centre forward in the world and think he would fit in very well with our team. You should be proud of having such a player. It's like having a beautiful girlfriend. One shouldn't get angry then if other men think she's hot.

Admire from afar you trollop! Wink To extend your analogy, when you have such a girlfriend you want others to admire her, but have her stay with you. And if you are a complete shallow git, trade her in for a younger, newer model when she begins to turn luke warm. <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Also, when building that squad I've kept it at 22 players, which is the bare minimum for any top club, even with Guardiola's preference to have a squad as small as possible. I still worry that it won't be enough, but then we'll just have to trust our academy to continue providing 1 or 2 useful substitutes through the season...or who knows, another surprise like Busquets.
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Fri May 08, 2009 9:10 pm

liked your earlier post, Kas, very much what I think. If Eto'o doesn't sign a new contract, we HAVE to sell him taking into account what you mentioned. And I do LOVE Fernandes, never mind what EMP says.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri May 08, 2009 9:10 pm

kas wrote:Also, when building that squad I've kept it at 22 players, which is the bare minimum for any top club, even with Guardiola's preference to have a squad as small as possible. I still worry that it won't be enough, but then we'll just have to trust our academy to continue providing 1 or 2 useful substitutes through the season...or who knows, another surprise like Busquets.

Seriously, I'd have thought of all the positions on the pitch CM is where you would have oodles of players coming from la Masia. I wouldn't buy two. I find it unlikely both Toure and Keita will be gone for the full six weeks anyhow.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri May 08, 2009 9:12 pm

---------------------Almunia--------------------------

------Sagna----------Toure-------------CB-------------Clichy

------------Song (New CM also)-----------Cesc

-----------RVP----------Nasri----------------Arshavin

---------------------Ade/Bendtner/Eduardo/Villa Very Happy
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri May 08, 2009 9:12 pm

COTR wrote:......................Reina

Arbeloa......Carra.....Agger....Aurelio

................Masch....Alonso
    ....Kuyt...............................No idea
    ......................Gerrard
    .......................Torres

Subs : Skrtel, Barry, Babel, Yossi, Riera, Negredo

I have no idea who no idea will be. Let's hope it isn't Stuart Downing

Have to laugh at some of the barca fans wanting Henry and Eto out. We'll happily take henry if you don't want him. He is just about the perfect addition to our team for me
    Agger cheers
    He better start getting more time. And do you still think you are going after Barry? Wouldn't that mean no Xabi Alonso?

I think Barca fans would love to keep Eto but they could end up with him going on a free transfer. Henry is for obvious reasons. Erm
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri May 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Suprised I'm not seein many Higuain's in the Madrid team. I'd have him at Arsenal in a heartbeat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:04 pm