Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Chocolate Thunder
Super Progress
Romford Pele
COTR
Fade out
EMP
Jaime
Rosicky
Kimbo
fcb
S4P
toon h
16 posters

your team next season

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

your team next season - Page 3 Empty Re: your team next season

Post by Kimbo Fri May 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Luis wrote:Because we already have a top class keeper...

Johnson clearly has quality Kimbo and if you cant see it then there's no point arguing about it.

Johnson is clearly just above average lulu and if you can't see it then there's no point arguing about it. Rolling Eyes
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Fri May 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Oooh! This time of the year already!

I would expect us to sell: Babel, Dossena, Pennant, Voronin, Itandje, Degen

Would like us to buy: Zhirkov, back-up CM, back-up RB, plan B striker

Haven't really thought about this. Hopefully some of our kids get more of a chance, like Nemeth and one of our collection of CBs.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri May 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Johnson clearly has quality Kimbo and if you cant see it then there's no point arguing about it.

Johnson is clearly just above average lulu and if you can't see it then there's no point arguing about it. Rolling Eyes

Kimbo I know you've been devoid of talent this season and I can forgive your eyes for playing illusions on you but Johnson is quick, strong, puts great balls into the box and is by a mile the most threatening right back in the country. He's the English Alves.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:You not think you could do better than Zhirkov?

??? Have you ever watched this guy play???

He is immense!!! <Ale>.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by toon h Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Six wrote:Oooh! This time of the year already!

Haven't really thought about this. Hopefully some of our kids get more of a chance, like Nemeth and one of our collection of CBs.

well, I heard you have 60+ professional players at your club. What the hell would the rest be there for if none of them get a chance?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri May 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Kimbo I know you've been devoid of talent this season and I can forgive your eyes for playing illusions on you but Johnson is quick, strong, puts great balls into the box and is by a mile the most threatening right back in the country. He's the English Alves.

Oh fuck me. Laughing

Fine, sign him, see if i care.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Fri May 08, 2009 10:33 pm

toon h wrote:
    Six wrote:Oooh! This time of the year already!

well, I heard you have 60+ professional players at your club. What the hell would the rest be there for if none of them get a chance?

Most of them were bought at age 16-17 so next season is when they should be ready, but we have a good squad already so who knows. Insua is the first of what will hopefully be many.

If you cast a cynical eye over it, most won't make it but will still make us a profit when we sell them.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Fri May 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Oh fuck me. Laughing

Don't come in here and make a statement then act like your fed up when I challenge it. It's a football forum.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri May 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Johnson is an excellent player Kimmy, however I don't see the point in spending £10m plus on a right back when our current one has had such a great season
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri May 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Oh fuck me. Laughing

Don't come in here and make a statement then act like your fed up when I challenge it. It's a football forum.

That's not a challenge, that's hyperbole. Johnson isn't great defensively and you really overrate his footballing ability. It's good, but not special.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri May 08, 2009 10:40 pm

COTR wrote:Johnson is an excellent player Kimmy, however I don't see the point in spending £10m plus on a right back when our current one has had such a great season

I'd rather do that and know we'll always have a quality right back to play rather than shit one when Arbeloa goes down knowing we'll either have to bring in Degen (most pointless signing ever) or worse, play Carra or Skrtel right back.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri May 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Oh fuck me. Laughing

That's not a challenge, that's hyperbole. Johnson isn't great defensively and you really overrate his footballing ability. It's good, but not special.

Of course it is a challenge, you made a statement that he's only above average and I have challenged it by saying no, he's actually a lot better than that. He is good defensively but when you're playing in a such a shit team it's hard to keep a clean sheet. IMO we should be praising English talent rather than dismissing it as one season wonder.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Sat May 09, 2009 12:07 am

For Inter, I hope:

OUT: Adriano, Figo, Vieira, Materazzi, Crespo, Obinna, Suazo, Quaresma, Mancini, Rivas, Dacourt and Jimenez.

12 players, hopefully we will make about Eur70-80 million from these sales and another 40 million from salary savings. This is the way I would like Inter to spend that money:

IN: Acquafresca, Benzema, Ribery, Diego/Hamsik, Motta, Santacroce/Ivanovic

6 players in, costing somewhere around 90-100M in transfer fees and about 20-30 Million in salaries.

It will make our squad younger, give us more creativity required for CL, and trim the squad to the level that Mou wants.

Staring XI will become:
    Cesar
    Maicon - Samuel - Chivu - Santon
    Motta - Cambiasso
    Diego
    -----------------Ibra-----------Ribery
    Benzema

Second XI:
    Toldo
    Zanetti - Cordoba - Santacroce - Maxwell
    Burdisso - Muntari
    -----------------Stankovic---------Balotelli
    Cruz - Acquafresca

Yeah, we need major changes... a huge clearance sale, and some quality recruits.

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 12:28 am

i don't think we need to by two CM

thiago will be 18 next season and i'm sure will get some minutes, same with Gai

Vasquez, one of pep's favorite players in barca atletic, could also be a surprise for us next season if he can stay fit.

VV,Pinto
    Alves,Córcoles
    Marquez,Pique,Puyol
    Henrique,Milito,Caceres, all have a ? marked beside them
    Abidal,LB
    Yaya,Busquets
    Xavi,Iniesta,Thiago
    Hernanes,Keita
    Messi,?
    Eto'o,Bojan
    Henry,Gai?

In

Hernanes,LB and ribery/Silva

our

Guddy,Helb,Joke,slyvinho, Caceres?

promote/ return

Córcoles,thiago,Gai (they should all play a few good minues this season) and henrique
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sat May 09, 2009 1:00 am

GianDeano Zola wrote:
    Ray Parlour wrote:You not think you could do better than Zhirkov?

??? Have you ever watched this guy play???

He is immense!!! <Ale>.

But there's still better.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Sat May 09, 2009 5:02 am

Super Penalties wrote:
    Jaime wrote:I know we probably can't get all of these players but I think in my dream world this is what we would do:

---------------------------------Casillas/Codina/Adan

S.Ramos/M.Torres----Pepe/S.Sanchez----Albiol/Metzelder----Vargas/C.Anton

-----------------------------Lass D./Gago-----X.Alonso/Parejo

---------------------------------------Kaka/Granero

-------Higuain/Raul--------------Villa/Negredo------------J.Mata/Bueno

Sell/Release: Salgado, Cannavaro, Mahamadou Diarra, Saviola, Sneijder, Robben, Marcelo, Guti, Drenthe, Heinze, Faubert, Huntelaar, van der Vaart, Dudek

Buy: Xabi Alonso, Kaka, Villa, Raul Albiol, Juan Vargas, Sergio Sanchez

Bring back: Negredo, Granero, Mata

Promote: Chema Anton, Alberto Bueno

So we'd have 23 players, actually some Spanish players, actually some canteranos. Too bad I'm not in charge. Biggrin
    Why sell Marcelo when he is finally starting to show some promise?
    Otherwise I agree allthough you seem to be forgetting Garay will be coming.

Toon
    No he left on a free transfer.

Because Marcelo has done well as a left midfielder and in the tactics I selected the team would play with wide forwards. Marcelo is still sh!t as left back so he is dispensable.

I guess I did forget about Garay...I forgot to put him in the transferible list.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:36 pm