Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
SuperMario
Super Progress
Tom
Chocolate Thunder
Kimbo
Six
Tweesus
Isco Benny
Luis
Aristoskank
L r dd
Parks lives
Fade out
fcb
18 posters

Paul Scholes

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Paul Scholes Empty Paul Scholes

Post by fcb Thu May 28, 2009 7:45 am

Fucking disgraceful little c**t.

I used to have a lot of respect for him until last night...when he came on I told everyone I was watching with, that I really fear because he can create a goal out of nothing with a good pass.

Thankfully he had 0 impact on the game, but then decided he wants to attack a 20 year old kid. It wasn't even just a mistimed tackle like he usually does...that was 200% red. Along with Puyol's moment of play-acting, this was the only thing that really spoiled the night for me.

Certainly won't be giving any praises once he retires.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Paul Scholes Empty Re: Paul Scholes

Post by Fade out Thu May 28, 2009 7:47 am

He is a thieving c**t in the sense how he gets away with such dangerous tackles time and again. Must have made Roy keane proud. Razz

I thought Ronaldo used his elbow twice on Puyol, but as always, Puyol was rolling half the ground making the most of it. Doh
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Thu May 28, 2009 7:52 am

He only had no impact on the game because most of the attackers were poor. He played more intelligent passes in 20 minutes than the rest of our team combined over 90. Should have came on alot earlier. ok
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Thu May 28, 2009 7:58 am

Didn't want Scholes to come on thought somebody else even an inferior player might be more capable of something unpredictable but he actually was one player who didn't panic and made good pass after good pass. Also helps he knows how to skip by a player and disguise a pass well something Carrick failed to do so i think his contribution was positive. On the foul i laughed at the time and thought how pointless and you just cant do that. But maybe his idea was so he;d panic next time or ruffle some feathers.

End of the day he's an intelligent player and he's made countless tackles like that and never injured anyone so IMO that's not a coincedence, looked worse than it was.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 am

Plus he probably saw the ref was letting most things go, as Puyol never even got booked and thought why not.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu May 28, 2009 8:12 am

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:He is a thieving c**t in the sense how he gets away with such dangerous tackles time and again. Must have made Roy keane proud. Razz

I thought Ronaldo used his elbow twice on Puyol, but as always, Puyol was rolling half the ground making the most of it. Doh

He did once, when they went up for the header.

The 2nd time when the ball went out of play Puyol just over-reacted. And then the acting after VDS' save was very embarrassing. 30 seconds later he had sprinted back to help defend the counter-attack Rolling Eyes
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 am

200% red?

WTF does this mean, you would have given him two red cards?

This is rapidly becoming like a conversation with Liverpool supporters - even when they win they play the victim.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu May 28, 2009 11:35 am

Ok, whatever, should have been red and not yellow.

But all I'm trying to say is that it's a pity that he had to attempt something like that. For me personally it was very disappointing in an otherwise competitive yet clean game.
    I don't see how I'm "trying to play the victim".

I'm not saying "oh the ref was against us yet we won". The ref was very good, and going by the way he generally handled the game, I can understand him not giving a red. I'm not asking for a red for Ronaldo's multiple fouls on Puyol because the two of them were going at each other all the time. But Scholes' tackle was clearly malicious.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu May 28, 2009 11:40 am

Scholes was disgraceful but Ronaldo was even worse. IMO he had 3 bookable offences last night.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu May 28, 2009 11:40 am

Biscuits was close to knee ligament damage, some of the replays made it even more conclusive.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 am

I don't agree with this at all - Scholes is just about the WORST tackler in Europe, he attempted to go in hard and win the ball, as he always does, but as usual his timing was awful and ended up looking like a desperate lunge.

I don't see why this has caused such outrage. It was a bad tackle. Scholes has done plenty of these in his career without ever been the fierce, malicious type.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu May 28, 2009 11:44 am

You can't take his tackles for granted. To say it's just his timing is awful is an understatement. Yes, He is a damn good player otherwise.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu May 28, 2009 11:55 am

Stimulus Package wrote:

This is rapidly becoming like a conversation with Liverpool supporters - even when they win they play the victim.

Come on... nothings as bad as having a conversation with Liverpool supporters.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Thu May 28, 2009 11:58 am

The Tupac Twitch wrote:I don't agree with this at all - Scholes is just about the WORST tackler in Europe, he attempted to go in hard and win the ball, as he always does, but as usual his timing was awful and ended up looking like a desperate lunge.

I don't see why this has caused such outrage. It was a bad tackle. Scholes has done plenty of these in his career without ever been the fierce, malicious type.

The only reason for that is because he is a ginger midget. He is a dirty player, not especially dirty, but he definitely doesnt deserve all the people trying to defend him with that "hes just a bad tackler" line. You can't have played hundreds of games at the highest level and still use that excuse.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu May 28, 2009 12:07 pm

kas wrote:I used to have a lot of respect for him until last night

He's done it in pretty much every game for last 15 years, but you only care about it when it's one of your players on the receiving end. Typical. <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Typical? Isn't it natural that when his stupid tackle hurts one of your own players you're bound to react more harshly?

Plus, most of the times that I've seen him go in like that, he at least gets near the ball.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu May 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Typical!!!!!!!!
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Thu May 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:

Fair enough, I saw Kas's comment as an overreaction and overreacted myself. I apologise to Kas for that, but not to those cunting Liverpool supporters.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu May 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:

Could say the same for the vast majority of Arsenal fans I know be it personally or here Wink

BTW you said a day or 2 ago, you would support any English team in Europe, did you support Liverpool in 2005? Would you support Spurs if they had made the UEFA Cup final this year just out of interest?
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Thu May 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Kimbo wrote:

He's done it in pretty much every game for last 15 years, but you only care about it when it's one of your players on the receiving end. Typical. <Ale>
    <Ale>
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Thu May 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Ade wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:

Could say the same for the vast majority of Arsenal fans I know be it personally or here Wink

BTW you said a day or 2 ago, you would support any English team in Europe, did you support Liverpool in 2005? Would you support Spurs if they had made the UEFA Cup final this year just out of interest?
    I was going for Liverpool in that final, even if you did knock us out with the goal that never was. It's just nice to see English teams show their dominance in Europe.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Thu May 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Ballack wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

<Ale>
    <Ale>

Alves/Puyol :Fairness:
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Thu May 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
    Ballack wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

<Ale>
    <Ale>

Alves/Puyol :Fairness:
    <Ale> kick them out of Barcelona i say. Puyol isn't even that good, Alves is, but Puyol is awful. Pique showed how much better he was.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu May 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Scholes behaved like a c**t last night. But which great player doesn't have a great flaw. Still had a great carreer. Glad the ginger c**t will be gone.

Unlike most of the pundits Ronaldo made a good assessment of why Man U lost

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5398293/Manchester-United-v-Barcelona-Cristiano-Ronaldo-blames-tactics-for-Rome-defeat.html

Man U's midfielders were a man short.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Thu May 28, 2009 4:44 pm

It should be red card, but somehow he survived...again. He doesn't get bookings for bookings-like fouls (unless he repeats it) and he gets booked for fouls qualifying for a red cards.
    Great player, but dirty and cheating bastard too, starting with handball goal scored against Poland many years ago in WC/EC qualifications game at old Wembley...
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Thu May 28, 2009 4:47 pm

stinger wrote:It should be red card, but somehow he survived...again. He doesn't get bookings for bookings-like fouls (unless he repeats it) and he gets booked for fouls qualifying for a red cards.
    Great player, but dirty and cheating bastard too, starting with handball goal scored against Poland many years ago in WC/EC qualifications game at old Wembley...

Razz
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu May 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Ballack wrote:
    Ade wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:

BTW you said a day or 2 ago, you would support any English team in Europe, did you support Liverpool in 2005? Would you support Spurs if they had made the UEFA Cup final this year just omut of interest?
    I was going for Liverpool in that final, even if you did knock us out with the goal that never was. It's just nice to see English teams show their dominance in Europe.

Really? Fair play mate, under opposite circumstances don't think I could say the same as you. Liverpool been mugged that season I felt in the league, Lampard breaking Xabi's ankle, Tiago's handball, Joe Cole :grdge: , Carling Cup + Mourinho ssshh... saying that I wouldn't begrudge you winning it now espically if againist Arsenal or ManYoo Wink
    Hope you do in the bitters this weekend one things for sure Ale

I highly doubt Tweeds would want Spurs winning anything let alone someting a cup in Europe. He can correct me though....
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu May 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Scholes hides behind his quiet man persona. For some reason this has seen him avoid the fierce criticism he deserves for being the worst tackler in the game.

Does anyone know how many red cards the little fucker has had in his career Question I'm guessing it isn't many
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Thu May 28, 2009 7:46 pm

He's been sent off a few times, at least twice this season, against Arsenal I remember and maybe Liverpool too.

Dunno about the CL, though I think he's the highest ever yellow card recipient in that competition.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu May 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:He's been sent off a few times, at least twice this season, against Arsenal I remember and maybe Liverpool too.

Dunno about the CL, though I think he's the highest ever yellow card recipient in that competition.

Fulham at the Cottage when he and Rooney bot got sent off.

He was sent off at Anfield for taking a swing and a miss vs Alonso, 2 seasons back I think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:57 pm