Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Sgoater1
Pierre Littbarski
Aristoskank
COTR
Allez les rouges
christmasborocooper
Fade out
Cesc Soler
Romford Pele
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
Fey
Tweesus
Parks lives
18 posters

Scholes...

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Scholes... Empty Scholes...

Post by Parks lives Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:49 am

...best English player since the start of the Premiership!

In front of Shearer, Sheringham, Ince, Beckham, Fowler, Adams, Campbell, Wright and all the Cole's.

To the Ginger Prince. <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Scholes... Empty Re: Scholes...

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:00 am

Are we ever going to hear the end of this? Rolling Eyes

This must be the third thread just about Paul Scholes that I've seen this week!

Yep, hes good, lets move on though, the season is young Wink
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 am

Laugh

Looks like another person is caught with the REDBLOOD disease...but to be fair Gary Cooper was great again from what I saw in MOTD Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:45 am

In my opinion, he's the best English midfielder since Gazza, and is only behind Sheringham (and beside Le Tissier) as my favourite English player of the last decade.

Just didnt do it regularly enough for England is the only sad thing - but in honesty I dont think he was appreciated enough by the managers when he was an internationsl
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:02 am

I've always appreciated his ability but never been a fan of his, partly because he plays for Man Utd and mostly because he's ginger
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:09 am

Tweedledum wrote:I've always appreciated his ability but never been a fan of his, partly because he plays for Man Utd and mostly because he's ginger

lol!

Being Gingerist is a form of racism young Tweedle. Behave yourself.

(How f'ing good was Fabregas on Sunday by the way? Never hidden that I'm a massive Carrick fan, but I think we are witnessing the development of the best midfielder in the country, if not Europe, with that kid. My allegiances are swaying - a two footed cultured midfielder with amazing vision - nothing better <Ale> )
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:12 am

The Real White Pele wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:I've always appreciated his ability but never been a fan of his, partly because he plays for Man Utd and mostly because he's ginger

lol!

Being Gingerist is a form of racism young Tweedle. Behave yourself.

(How f'ing good was Fabregas on Sunday by the way? Never hidden that I'm a massive Carrick fan, but I think we are witnessing the development of the best midfielder in the country, if not Europe, with that kid. My allegiances are swaying - a two footed cultured midfielder with amazing vision - nothing better <Ale> )

shh. you don't want to get accused of overhyping someone thats got no pace and can't score Wink

But yes, he was stunning. Its easy to forget how young he is as well and because he doesn't rely on physical attributes then you know he should still be this good well into his 30s.

Fantastic as well that hes just signed an 8 year deal, if we can at least keep him unitl hes about 25 i'll be overjoyed.

His qualities off the pitch are equally as good, he seems a level headed bloke and IMO is definate potential captain when Henry retires.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:21 am

How f'ing good was Fabregas on Sunday by the way? Never hidden that I'm a massive Carrick fan, but I think we are witnessing the development of the best midfielder in the country, if not Europe, with that kid. My allegiances are swaying - a two footed cultured midfielder with amazing vision - nothing better <Ale> )

Carrick, Fab, Scholes, Alonso, Huddlestone, Reo Coker, Emre - its all about the celebrating the vision, not the trickery, pace or glory <Ale>

Carrick. Reo Coker. Oh dear Laugh

(To be fair, Carrick had just had a brilliant season for us in 2005/2006. Reo Coker - no excuses can cover that one)

Last edited by Noah und der Bale on Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:25 am

I agree completely.

I'm a big fan of these types of player, its horses for courses though I suppose. Ballack is insistent that Riquelme is a lump of shit, Kevin thinks Hleb is our best player scratch

I think we all know that Carrick was a European signing though depsite him being unspectacular they're top of the table, don't see what the problem is myself
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:40 am

I'm a big fan of Quarterbacks - a.k.a deep-lying playmakers

Cesc, Carrick, Alonso, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Emre, The UNIT just to name a few.

Then you get those that play higher up the field - Scholes, Deco, Rui Costa, Guti, Riquelme, Kaka' for example.

People who rely more on their footballing touch and brain more thqan their physical abilities. ok
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Scholes isn't the only one. Many a talented Englishman has been wasted because of the general insistence that the EPL or the Old Division 1 is the league to judge selecting who are our best players for the Intl. stage.

Le Tissier, Merson, Anderton, Mcmanaman, Sheringham, David Dunn, could have all had a bigger Intl. impact than they have had, but the footballing philosophy upheld by the F.A & the media won't allow that.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:14 am

Tweedledum wrote:I agree completely.

I'm a big fan of these types of player, its horses for courses though I suppose. Ballack is insistent that Riquelme is a lump of shit, Kevin thinks Hleb is our best player scratch

I think we all know that Carrick was a European signing though depsite him being unspectacular they're top of the table, don't see what the problem is myself

He is <Ale>

I agree with Teamspirit I love playmaker's but higher up the pitch. Kaka,Diego,Hleb!!,Totti all fantastic player's
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 am

Anyone who saw Hleb at will know that there is a sublime talent just waiting to come out.

I see him as Bergkamp's natural successor in the Arsenal team. Ale
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 am

Just checked his passing for yesterday, 70 passes and 65 completed, thats about 93% in a game like yesterday.

He started and finished his goal as well.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:23 am

@ Teamspirit
    He will never be played in that position though. Why do you say this? He is much quicker than Bergkamp was and has very good close control.
    He is still my favourite player though.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:I'm a big fan of Quarterbacks - a.k.a deep-lying playmakers

Cesc, Carrick, Alonso, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Emre, The UNIT just to name a few.

Then you get those that play higher up the field - Scholes, Deco, Rui Costa, Guti, Riquelme, Kaka' for example.

People who rely more on their footballing touch and brain more thqan their physical abilities. ok
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Scholes isn't the only one. Many a talented Englishman has been wasted because of the general insistence that the EPL or the Old Division 1 is the league to judge selecting who are our best players for the Intl. stage.

Le Tissier, Merson, Anderton, Mcmanaman, Sheringham, David Dunn, could have all had a bigger Intl. impact than they have had, but the footballing philosophy upheld by the F.A & the media won't allow that.

Great point, and indeed its true. Look how Joe Cole has had to change his game (thankfully for the good) to fit in with the all action philosophy. There was another player in danger of being lost to the system.

Playes like Le Tiss, Sheringham (the most visionary English deep-lying Bergkampesque striker the country has probably ever had), Carrick et al often judged LAZY because they dont cover every inch of grass.

Dont get me wrong- I think Gerrard for example is an excellent player who is the type of instinctive, dynamic all action player that deserves his place. But equally there needs to be balance for that instinct with players with brains and vision. And far too often the national side has criminally overlooked these types of players for the grafters.

I think because its a relative rarity to see these types of players in the EPL which makes me like them, just as free scoring all action midfielders are ten to a dozen in the EPL and relatively more rare in other leagues making foreign fans admirers of the likes of Gerrard (all my friends in Hungary think he's a fantastic player), we just like to see something a bit different and understated..
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:35 am

yours truly wrote:@ Teamspirit
    He will never be played in that position though. Why do you say this? He is much quicker than Bergkamp was and has very good close control.
    He is still my favourite player though.
    He was then no.10 at Stuttgart. A very good one also. Similar to Rosicky, Aimar or even Kaka' & Ronaldinho, he's a central playmaker with the pace to play wide.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:39 am

I don't think we will play with someone as our main playmaker. We have Cesc and Rosicky who are playmaker's in their own right.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:44 am

We have a lot of creative players, what we often lack is someone to finish the move off as both our forwards are creative forwards and tend to drift out wide or back into midfield
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:45 am

Start your own thread. Razz
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:48 am

Bitter.

Just cos no-one wants to talk about a ginger has been Razz
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:46 pm

Not a bad ginger has been though!!
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Tue May 31, 2011 9:57 am

.... has announced his retirement from football.

"This was not a decision I've taken lightly but I feel now is the right time for me to stop playing."

"I am not a man of many words but I can honestly say that playing football is all I have ever wanted to do and to have had such a long and successful career at Manchester United has been a real honour."

"To have been part of the team that helped the club reach that 19th title is a great privilege."
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 am

Good riddance. Arrow
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 31, 2011 11:23 am

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:Anyone who saw Hleb at will know that there is a sublime talent just waiting to come out.

Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Tue May 31, 2011 11:37 am

You're mean Cooper. There were a lot of other insightful things in this thread (even if most of them seem very obvious now).

He had a great couple of years with us, his own fault for leaving just when he'd become one of our most important players. The Bergkamp comparison was a bit odd though.

RIP the ginger tosser, his like will not be seen again Ale Rose
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue May 31, 2011 11:38 am

PEP GUARDIOLA: "Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes - he is the best midfielder of his generation, I would have loved to have played alongside him."

XAVI: "In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen - the most complete - is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything."

ZINEDINE ZIDANE: "It's only natural to want to select your best players and there is no doubt for me that Paul Scholes is still in a class of his own,"

"He's almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get.

"One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career."

EDGAR DAVIDS: “I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is. We can all learn from Paul Scholes.”

MARCELLO LIPPI: “Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team — that is how highly I have always rated him.

“An all-round midfielder with quality and character in abundance.”

LAURENT BLANC: “I tell anyone who asks me — Scholes is the best English player.”

THIERRY HENRY: “Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Paul Scholes.

“He knows how to do everything, and he is the one who directs the way his team plays. On top of all that, he has indestructible mental strength, and he is a genuine competitor.”

PETER SCHMEICHEL: “His reading of the game is unsurpassed. He has the best eye for a pass, for what the play or the game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have.

“He controls and distributes the play and the game better than anyone I have ever seen.”
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue May 31, 2011 11:39 am

christmasborocooper wrote:
    Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:Anyone who saw Hleb at will know that there is a sublime talent just waiting to come out.

Poor, I read that and thought wtf.

he was awesome at Stuttgart 1st time round though - a bit like Goetze is for Dortmund now.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 31, 2011 11:40 am

Allez les rouges wrote:You're mean Cooper. There were a lot of other insightful things in this thread (even if most of them seem very obvious now).

He had a great couple of years with us, his own fault for leaving just when he'd become one of our most important players. The Bergkamp comparison was a bit odd though.

lol!

Just think the old comments are funny on here sometimes. It's like the posters are completely different characters.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue May 31, 2011 11:41 am

christmasborocooper wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:You're mean Cooper. There were a lot of other insightful things in this thread (even if most of them seem very obvious now).

lol!

Just think the old comments are funny on here sometimes. It's like the posters are completely different characters.

I'll have my revenge.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue May 31, 2011 11:52 am

NANI ON SCHOLES:

Nani has sung the praises of Paul Scholes, claiming that even in training he controls the game and that his team mates can’t get near him.

“Scholesy is just incredible and it’s a privilege to be in the same squad,” said Nani. “I said to him the other day in training: ‘Scholesy, you should have stayed at home because you are playing alone.’ What I mean is that he makes a pass to one wing, goes to support and gets the ball. Then he makes a pass to the other wing, goes to support and gets the ball again. All the time he’s in control of the play. The other team don’t get near the ball, even in training. They are playing just against him! He’s the best midfielder I’ve ever seen. He can pass, score goals with his left, right, his head. He can do anything. And he can beat a player too, plus he loves to nutmeg you! He’s unbelievable.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:46 pm