Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Deluded F*ck™
Lusitan
fcb
Super Progress
Formerly known as sheva7
Effenberg
Aristoskank
BoBo Vieri 32
12 posters

How do you rate Del Bosque?

BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

How do you rate Del Bosque? Empty How do you rate Del Bosque?

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:36 pm

He's won all the major competitions, La Liga, CL and World Cup, but one may argue that he had a star studded side in each case. How would you rate him compared to others like Lippi, Mourinho, Van Gaal etc. ?
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

How do you rate Del Bosque? Empty Re: How do you rate Del Bosque?

Post by Aristoskank Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Up there with anyone you care to mention, now. Spain won an extremely difficult game, and aside from the Torres sub he made all the right calls.
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Yeah, but he took over the team from Aragones and pretty much just let them play (and it worked). This is not his project.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am

I remeber when he took over Real Madrid in 2000. That team was totally fucked up - bottom half of the League Table. Del Bosque did a great job and won the Champions League. Madrid humilliated treble winners Man Utd at the OT and the defeated Bayern in the semis. He deserves a lot of credit.

Firing him and hiring Queiroz was a really stupid move by Perez. That was the beggining of the end.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 am

I have always liked Del Bosque but never rated him that highly because of all the stars he had with him. Despite him saying that this was his best achivement I would still argue winning Cl in 2000 was harder.

However he actually did quite well in this WC. Not so much tactically allthough he had learned the lesson of 4 years ago. Im certain that Spain wouldn't have won with just one Dm. He had them playing much more boring way then 2 years ago but it was the right approach in my opinion. He managed to keep the hype from influencing the team and that was the main problem this side was going to face.

Nonetheless im still on the fence with Del Bosque. Anybody who can win the titles he has deserves credit and a lot of it. Problem is that we haven't seen him in enough clubs to really rate him alongside other great coaches.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:16 am

Can't say anything about him now. He's made decisions that I still think are wrong (taking Villa off? Really? ) and like Super said, it's difficult to compare him against other top coaches...but well, he's a World Cup winner. The ultimate achievement.
    Lusitan
    Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
    Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
    Registration date : 2006-08-17

Post by Lusitan Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 am

Effenberg wrote:Yeah, but he took over the team from Aragones and pretty much just let them play (and it worked). This is not his project.

Average at most. He had here a very good base from Barcelona, it's easyer when you have this. We had one also from Mou's Porto, not as strong, but strong enough to take us to 2004 EC final.

I still think that a team like Germany or Holland, if they had a base structure of players who played the entire year toghether could easly beat this Spain.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:11 am

Same as I did before - one of the best. Whether they won or lost yesterday would have made no difference to how I rate him.
    Sports Guru
    Sports Guru

Number of posts : 33
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2010-05-20

Post by Sports Guru Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Yeah it was really a terrible win of Spain in the wc final. I wasn’t expecting just one goal from their side because they’ve been practicing a lot to make their selves more strong to combat against Netherland but still, Netherlands have proved that they’re hard to play with.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Sports Guru wrote:Yeah it was really a terrible win of Spain in the wc final. I wasn’t expecting just one goal from their side because they’ve been practicing a lot to make their selves more strong to combat against Netherland but still, Netherlands have proved that they’re hard to play with.

Are you a human or are you a bot? Why do you mention sports news and magazines in every post? Just so you know, I've been editing them out or deleting your posts entirely.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Lusitan wrote:
    Effenberg wrote:Yeah, but he took over the team from Aragones and pretty much just let them play (and it worked). This is not his project.

Average at most. He had here a very good base from Barcelona, it's easyer when you have this. We had one also from Mou's Porto, not as strong, but strong enough to take us to 2004 EC final.

I still think that a team like Germany or Holland, if they had a base structure of players who played the entire year toghether could easly beat this Spain.

I agree about the first part, and probably applies to most of the successful national teams (except maybe brazil again). The germans would all stay in the bundesliga and eventually all the good ones would end up at bayern. Italy had maldini, nesta, gattuso, pirlo, ambrossini, inzhagi and even gilardino at one point all playing at milan.

However I don't think they quite have the skills to match spain, they would rely on a good defence and individual brilliance (or speed) of say robben
    Lusitan
    Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
    Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
    Registration date : 2006-08-17

Post by Lusitan Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:14 pm

110% wrote:
    Lusitan wrote:

I agree about the first part, and probably applies to most of the successful national teams (except maybe brazil again). The germans would all stay in the bundesliga and eventually all the good ones would end up at bayern. Italy had maldini, nesta, gattuso, pirlo, ambrossini, inzhagi and even gilardino at one point all playing at milan.

However I don't think they quite have the skills to match spain, they would rely on a good defence and individual brilliance (or speed) of say robben

I don't understand you. Not a nationalist thing, but i'm 100% sure if we were coached by Scolari or H.Coelho instead of CQ we would have won the match agaist Spain. Germany were too scared and Brasil thougt it was all decided and lost against Holland because of it.
    Still. The most atractive football was the german one (it was supposed to be ours) But we weren't couting on CQ to remove us from the competition
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 am

Mediocre coach that was lucky to manage teams with great players. He deserves credit for letting the players play their game and didn't try to put himself above the team (as some so called great coach do).
    UK_Andy

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2009-09-02

Post by UK_Andy Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:23 am

I think he has to be up there with the best now. And he deserves all the best after he was sacked days after winning the Champions League with Real Madrid.
    Sports Guru
    Sports Guru

Number of posts : 33
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2010-05-20

Post by Sports Guru Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 pm

The Salamanca (Spain) born Vincente del Bosque is a quite prominent name in the world of football news and center sports. He has been the member of different clubs like Real Madrid Castilla, Real Madrid and Be_ikta in the past and has already been honored by the UEFA Champions League (twice), Spanish championship (twice), Spanish Supercup (once), UEFA Super Cup (once) and Intercontinental Cup once in 2002. This man is a great addition to the Spanish team and I rate him on top of all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:43 pm