Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
stinger
Pierre Littbarski
Murray
Kroos
S4P
Kimbo
The Easter Bunny
bluenine
TheCrazy58
Sheffield gunner
Brian2468
Hlebagone
christmasborocooper
fcb
Fey
The Chosen Glenn
worms.
Romford Pele
COTR
Isco Benny
debaser
Luis
26 posters

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals Empty Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by Luis Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Premier League

Saturday, 14 April 2012
    Norwich v Man City
    Sunderland v Wolves
    Swansea v Blackburn
    West Brom v QPR

Sunday, 15 April 2012
    Man Utd v Aston Villa

Monday, 16 April 2012
    Arsenal v Wigan

Saturday 14th April 2012

The FA Cup

Liverpool V Everton 12:30

Sunday 15th April 2012

The FA Cup

Tottenham vs Chelsea 18:00

-----------------------------------

Hold on to your horses; the title race has been blown wide open.

United will be feelin the pressure if City beat Norwich and have a nerve-wrecking tough game...at home to Villa lol! lol!

But fuck all that - it's FA Cup special motherfucking semi final weekend bitches!

On Saturday, Liverpool take on their loud neighbours, Everton in what promises to be scrappy, boring game decided by a 1-0.

On Sunday, we will witness sexy football as Tottenham face their first real test of the season against A Chelsea XI

Alan Davies will have to get up bloody early to watch Saturday's game the c**t but on Sunday he can wank himself silly until 6 pm in the knowledge that the fixture fiasco doesn't effect Arsenal because Arsenal don't get very far in the FA cup.

I think this is the biggest weekend of football since last weekend personally, and its live!

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by debaser Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Perfect fixture for Man Utd to get right back on track. McLeish will roll over.

I'm thinking Everton-Spurs final. That'd be a nice one. Neither won it for quite a while.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by Luis Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:28 pm

debaser wrote:Perfect fixture for Man Utd to get right back on track. McLeish will roll over.

I'm thinking Everton-Spurs final. That'd be a nice one. Neither won it for quite a while.

I'm really hoping Rooney starts, made him fantasy captain and it's just the type of game for him to score 3.

Does seem unusual how United's fixtures have panned out but then they did lose to Wigan so you never know any more.

I fancy Chelsea over Spurs for some reason. Still haven't decided what our result is going to be, I mean Brad Jones is shit isn't he? I'm sure Cooper said he was at Boro and he didn't exactly cover himself in glory the other night Laughing but then again we always seem to produce the goods in the cup. Can see it being very close.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Chelsea have the experience in cup competitions.

Although we beat them in the Carling Cup Final of 2008. Which I'm sure still gives some of their players sleepless nights, reliving the gut wrenching memory of such an enormous occasion. Obviously more psychologically damaging than the pithy little CL final they lost in the same year.

We've been playing better than them, believe it or not despite our "slump", so I would be disappointed if we weren't able to get to the final. Given they also have the distraction of having to play some shitty La Liga club that nobody has ever heard of the following Tuesday. I doubt they want to get humiliated globally so might have half an eye on that game (Here's to hoping)

In the other semi, Liverpool will beat Everton. They have a psychological hold over Everton currently.

Meanwhile, United will not drop another point from now until the end of the season. They rarely do off the back of a loss. The Liverpool loss in the FA Cup is what pretty much kick started their insane run in the league.

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 pm

We have Agger and Johnson back. That is a pretty significant boost to our chances

Hope to meet Chelsea in the final, purely because they are much easier to beat than the Hotspurs
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:00 am

COTR wrote:We have Agger and Johnson back. That is a pretty significant boost to our chances

Hope to meet Chelsea in the final, purely because they are much easier to beat than the Hotspurs

Agree with that. We wouldn't have a hope in hell if we had a backline of Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel and Enrique in front of Jones.

Agger is a massive player for us; no surprise how since he's been injured we've been leaking goals all over the place. His partnership with Skrtel has been the best in the Premier League this season when it lasted.

I'm really concerned about the midfield though. Shelvey impressed me the other night but you just know Dalglish will start Henderson and Spearing as the central midfielders and although Henderson impressed the other night he'll be knackered and we saw last time at Wembley, the occasion completely passed him by. If Everton go with Fellaini and Osman in their midfield I think Spearing will have a really tough time trying to combat that.

Up front, he has to start Carroll. He just has to. One of his best games for us was against Everton in the 3-0, thought he was superb that night, always looked to get involved, won everything in the air, showed good touches and I pray that last minute winner will give him the much needed confidence to push on now.

Carroll, Suarez and Gerrard please.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm pretty much at a loss to explain why Norwich are so high in the table. They're a dreadful side.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Romford Pele wrote:I'm pretty much at a loss to explain why Norwich are so high in the table. They're a dreadful side.

I think it is more of a reflection on the DPL than it is on Norwich <Ale>
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:20 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:MLUGR MLUR LUM BLUR DPL BMSUH MUMPL BUMP MLUR GLURH DPL lol! MLUH GHUSHF Laughing

DPL Rolling Eyes Laughing

Coffee
    worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Am I wrong?
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:34 pm

More often than not ok
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:35 pm

It depends the way you want to look at it. There aren't really any exceptional teams in the league at the moment but they are all of a decent standard.

Wigan won at Anfield recently and beat United on Wednesday. Teams like Racing and Sporting Gijon just wouldn't do that in La Liga against Barca or Real.

Look at players that came over from La Liga too. David Silva and Y. Toure started the season on fire but the EPL is an incredibly demanding league. You can see how they're struggling now.
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Romford Pele wrote:It depends the way you want to look at it. There aren't really any exceptional teams in the league at the moment but they are all of a decent standard.

Wigan won at Anfield recently and beat United on Wednesday. Teams like Racing and Sporting Gijon just wouldn't do that in La Liga against Barca or Real.

Look at players that came over from La Liga too. David Silva and Y. Toure started the season on fire but the EPL is an incredibly demanding league. You can see how they're struggling now.

You realize Sporting Gijon where the team to end Mourinhos 8 year unbeaten run in home league matches right?

You obviously don't watch La Liga or you would know that Racing drew with Madrid this season 0 - 0.

Do you also not understand that teams like Liverpool and United aren't comparable quality wise to the two best teams in the world? We are 8th in the league so you should compare us with someone like Sevilla.

The bottom La Liga teams are better than the bottom DPL team without a doubt,they are very good technically and tactically.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Yes I realise that but these things happen rarely. The little teams shock the big teams in the EPL every season.

I never said they were comparable quality wise, look at my previous post.

Being technically adept counts for nothing if you have a poor mentality. The fact that Stoke managed to get to the las 32 of the Europa league speaks volumes. Birmingham also nearly qualified FFS!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Ivanovic has been banned for Sunday's game.

Their biggest goal threat recently. Good news Ale
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Yes I realise that but these things happen rarely. The little teams shock the big teams in the EPL every season.

I never said they were comparable quality wise, look at my previous post.

Being technically adept counts for nothing if you have a poor mentality. The fact that Stoke managed to get to the las 32 of the Europa league speaks volumes. Birmingham also nearly qualified FFS!

The little teams shock the big teams in La Liga every season as well,off the top of my head Almeria beat Madrid last season and Hercules beat us.Both of these teams ended up getting relegated.

I personally don't think getting to the last 32 is a big achievement either,even for a team like Stoke.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Im hoping for a Chelsea win. Liverpool v Spurs is such a non-final for neutrals. Besides Chelsea v Liverpool matches are always attactive!
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Nobody is saying the EPL is the best league. If you don't like it, don't watch it Ale
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Nobody is saying the EPL is the best league. If you don't like it, don't watch it Ale

I only watch the big games and Liverpool games nowadays.I prefer watching La Liga though.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Fey wrote:Im hoping for a Chelsea win. Liverpool v Spurs is such a non-final for neutrals. Besides Chelsea v Liverpool matches are always attactive!

Being a bit presumptive about Liverpool there. On current form, Everton have to be favourites (even if they do seem not to turn up against Liverpool). I suppose there is the Dirk Kuyt factor.
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Why is everybody talking about Everton like they're a good team?

They are a shite team with average players and they play shit on a stick football.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Fey wrote:Im hoping for a Chelsea win. Liverpool v Spurs is such a non-final for neutrals. Besides Chelsea v Liverpool matches are always attactive!

Laughing What a shit stirrer.

Fey shit stirring again! Back stabber and shit stirrer!

debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Fug-Q wrote:Why is everybody talking about Everton like they're a good team?

They are a shite team with average players and they play shit on a stick football.

Where did I (or anyone on this thread) imply they are a good team? All I said is that they are on better form than Liverpool, which is undeniable.

You have a basic lack of reading comprehension. This will always hold you back in debates Ale
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Everton aren't that bad. I'm 100% per cent certain they'd win if Pienaar was available Ale
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

Laughing What a shit stirrer.

Fey shit stirring again! Back stabber and shit stirrer!

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals Tumblr_l859dh7Z0R1qdwsneo1_500
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Everton only turn up for the second part of the season. They're often solid, very hard-working and now Moyes has added some techincally gifted players like Jelavic, Drenthe and Pienaar back (though he's cup tied) they are a strong force. Think they have a bit of a psychological problem at times though, much like Arsenal.

I think they'll really fancy their chances, as Debbie said they're on a better run of form and our keeper crisis can only be an advantage for them.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm

I hope we line up like this:

---------------Jones----------------------

--Johnson-----Skrtel-------Agger----Enrique--------

--------------Henderson----Spearing---------------

------------------Shelvey-------------------------

-------Gerrard---------------------Suarez--------

--------------------Carroll----------------------

That front 3 worked well against Everton last time and I think Shelvey's good dropping off the striker.

Hope Kenny doesn't bottle it and start Carragher, Downing or Kuyt.
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Luis wrote:Everton only turn up for the second part of the season. They're often solid, very hard-working and now Moyes has added some techincally gifted players like Jelavic, Drenthe and Pienaar back (though he's cup tied) they are a strong force. Think they have a bit of a psychological problem at times though, much like Arsenal.

I think they'll really fancy their chances, as Debbie said they're on a better run of form and our keeper crisis can only be an advantage for them.

3 technically gifted players in their whole team....what a strong force Laugh
    worms.

Post by worms. Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Luis wrote:I hope we line up like this:

That front 3 worked well against Everton last time and I think Shelvey's good dropping off the striker.

Must be the shitest midfield we have ever had.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Fug-Q wrote:
    Luis wrote:I hope we line up like this:

Must be the shitest midfield we have ever had.

Nothing we can do about it now. That defence and front 3 should be enough for us but I expect Everton to boss the midfield. Think Kenny will have Gerrard in there any way for his experience and start Downing or Kuyt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:57 pm