Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
stinger
Pierre Littbarski
Murray
Kroos
S4P
Kimbo
The Easter Bunny
bluenine
TheCrazy58
Sheffield gunner
Brian2468
Hlebagone
christmasborocooper
fcb
Fey
The Chosen Glenn
worms.
Romford Pele
COTR
Isco Benny
debaser
Luis
26 posters

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    christmasborocooper wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    christmasborocooper wrote:Can't imagine he'd do much worse than Luiz.

Luiz has been very good recently.

im sure he would have dominated Messi ok

I think he would have stood a better chance than Cahill ok

Then you are a dimwit.

I don't appreciate his WUMing but Luiz has been tidy recently and would do a better job than Cahill for this game IMO.

So fuck though? Luiz has been dicked around by average Premiership players, never mind fucking Messi, Iniesta etc. Does not matter which one of them it was, they'll be having a fucking hard time of it.

I also dont really care that he's had about 2 months of decent form, the other 6 months of abysmal form still sways it for me.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Well that was nice trip to Wembley

Stuck in the Chelsea end, first entrée was some booing by some Chelsea fans a few feet away during the minutes silence, main course was a goal given that never was and which they then refused to replay on the big screens out of respect to the ref, and a nice 5 goal capitulation for dessert to round it all off.

Its great bring a Spurs fan. Thank you FA, referee, Harry and players for the biggest collective bottle job since they invented coca Cola. Someone wake me up when the season is over, I'm off to hibernate until fairer climes..... Laughing

lol!

great post Ale

you poor thing, I forgot you were in the Chelsea end.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Then you are a dimwit.

I don't appreciate his WUMing but Luiz has been tidy recently and would do a better job than Cahill for this game IMO.

So fuck though? Luiz has been dicked around by average Premiership players, never mind fucking Messi, Iniesta etc. Does not matter which one of them it was, they'll be having a fucking hard time of it.

I also dont really care that he's had about 2 months of decent form, the other 6 months of abysmal form still sways it for me.

Luiz wasn't actually as bad as people made him out to be under AVB,he often played brilliantly but he made one stupid mistake in most games,the last 2 months he has cut those mistakes out his game and with that you have an excellent defender

You say the other 6 months have been abysmal so why do you choose to ignore his time at Benfica were he was brilliant and showed enough potential for Chelsea to pay so much money for him.

It's not even a case of Luiz being a better player than Cahill,it's that he is much more suited to partner Terry to face such fast,mobile players like Messi and co.

Do you really think Cahill has what it takes to play like say...Koschelny did against Messi last year were he followed Messi out of defense and into midfield and done a damn good job on him.Luiz has the ablity and attributes to do that,Cahill is far to slow can cumbersome.Luiz can relive pressure for his team when we press Chelseas defense with the ball by dribbling past our players and making a good pass,Cahill can't etc.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Fug-Q wrote:
    The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

What a convincing argument,I have seen a few good goals and pieces of skill in the MLS before,does that mean it's an excellent league tactically and technically?

I'll give you a clue to help you,the answer is the opposite of yes.

Anyone who watches both La Liga and The DPl can see La Liga is streets ahead techically and tactically,DPL's best team got raped by 8th in La Liga....not once but twice Laugh

I am looking foward to two European finals this year,hopefully they will be contested by just Spanish teams to shut the DPL fanboys up once and for all.

So, you base your entire judgement on a couple of games of football Laughing swings & roundabouts my ol mukka. USA beat Spain 2 nill in 2009, does that mean they had better players/unity?

Shaun Derry AKA The Silver Fox

You're the one who judged the DPL's quality on a few of the best goals in the last 10 years.

Is that the best argument you could come up with to defend the mighty DPL?

I'm not going to waste my energy arguing with a troll like you, I have never read as much drivel in my life until you had started posting here. You simply stated the English league is full of shit, so I simply showed a few very good moments which show technical excellence. I'm sure someone as dense as you won't even bother reading my post, but head straight into your weird agenda.

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 7 Shaun%20Derry
    PGD
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Glenn's penis wrote:
    Disco Benny wrote:Well that was nice trip to Wembley

Stuck in the Chelsea end, first entrée was some booing by some Chelsea fans a few feet away during the minutes silence, main course was a goal given that never was and which they then refused to replay on the big screens out of respect to the ref, and a nice 5 goal capitulation for dessert to round it all off.

Its great bring a Spurs fan. Thank you FA, referee, Harry and players for the biggest collective bottle job since they invented coca Cola. Someone wake me up when the season is over, I'm off to hibernate until fairer climes..... Laughing

lol!

great post Ale

you poor thing, I forgot you were in the Chelsea end.

Cheers Laughing

are you going to get down for the final?

Now I'm not a sentimental kind of chap, but what some of the Chelsea fans did through that minutes silence was utterly unforgivable. Luckily their were plenty around me who were appalled, but aside from getting whipped by them, I think its now safe for me to say that I do hope Liverpool Fuck them over in the final.

At one point Lampard came right over to celebrate one of their numerous later goals and he was so close to me I could almost touch him, so if you see a rather angry face in a sea of happy ones mouthing "fuck off fatty" in any of the replays, that was me
    worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

What a convincing argument,I have seen a few good goals and pieces of skill in the MLS before,does that mean it's an excellent league tactically and technically?

I'll give you a clue to help you,the answer is the opposite of yes.

Anyone who watches both La Liga and The DPl can see La Liga is streets ahead techically and tactically,DPL's best team got raped by 8th in La Liga....not once but twice Laugh

I am looking foward to two European finals this year,hopefully they will be contested by just Spanish teams to shut the DPL fanboys up once and for all.

So, you base your entire judgement on a couple of games of football Laughing swings & roundabouts my ol mukka. USA beat Spain 2 nill in 2009, does that mean they had better players/unity?

You're the one who judged the DPL's quality on a few of the best goals in the last 10 years.

Is that the best argument you could come up with to defend the mighty DPL?

I'm not going to waste my energy arguing with a troll like you, I have never read as much drivel in my life until you had started posting here. You simply stated the English league is full of shit, so I simply showed a few very good moments which show technical excellence. I'm sure someone as dense as you won't even bother reading my post, but head straight into your weird agenda.

Premier League Fixtures and FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 7 Shaun%20Derry

PGD

When did I state that there is never any moments of technical excellence? I stated that the average player/team/game is worse than the average La Liga and Serie A player/team/game.

Your videos don't refute my statement at all,your clutching at straws there mate.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:35 am

Fug-Q wrote:
    Glenn's penis wrote:I don't have an opinion. I know that Cahill-Terry is a good partnership.

Good but not great like Samuel - Lucio or Nesta - T Silva,a backline of Ivanovic - Cahill -Terry - Cole is very slow.They don't have a prime Essien anymore either,a physical beast who bullied our team.Luiz has been excellent lately and they will miss his mobility and agressivness to come out of defense and stay tight to Messi.

I would have liked prime Essien in '09 too. That Essien scored an incredible goal, but his air kick presented Messi with the ball to set up Iniesta.

Luiz is a liability. He got injured today because he let Adebayor get the wrong side of him. If he gets beaten for movement by Adebayor, what chance does he have against Messi?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:26 am

S4P wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Glenn's penis wrote:I don't have an opinion. I know that Cahill-Terry is a good partnership.

Good but not great like Samuel - Lucio or Nesta - T Silva,a backline of Ivanovic - Cahill -Terry - Cole is very slow.They don't have a prime Essien anymore either,a physical beast who bullied our team.Luiz has been excellent lately and they will miss his mobility and agressivness to come out of defense and stay tight to Messi.

I would have liked prime Essien in '09 too. That Essien scored an incredible goal, but his air kick presented Messi with the ball to set up Iniesta.

Luiz is a liability. He got injured today because he let Adebayor get the wrong side of him. If he gets beaten for movement by Adebayor, what chance does he have against Messi?

Ale Facts from those who watch.
    worms.

Post by worms. Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 am

S4P wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Anyone who has watched him the last 2 months would know he's been brilliant,even if there's a slight chance he would have made a mistake against us it's worth the risk playing him because you need something special to beat us and Luiz is capable of producing that kind of performance,Cahill is not.

Luiz has played better recently because Di Matteo has kind of went back to old ways and played a deeper defense and Luiz has thrived on it,I'm sure Di Matteo will play with a deep defense against us.His mistake today was when Chelsea were playing with a high line.

Anyone with a brain knows David Luiz is better than Cahill and more suitable to partner Terry.You're just an xenophobic wanker who judges players by what you hear in the media,you still haven't explained to me why Cahill is better than Luiz and why he is a better partner for Terry than Luiz.

Also I just found out Luiz has played against Messi before in a Brazil vs Argentina game and he was supposed to have done well.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:08 am

Fug-Q wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Then you are a dimwit.

Luiz wasn't actually as bad as people made him out to be under AVB,he often played brilliantly but he made one stupid mistake in most games,the last 2 months he has cut those mistakes out his game and with that you have an excellent defender

You say the other 6 months have been abysmal so why do you choose to ignore his time at Benfica were he was brilliant and showed enough potential for Chelsea to pay so much money for him.

It's not even a case of Luiz being a better player than Cahill,it's that he is much more suited to partner Terry to face such fast,mobile players like Messi and co.

Do you really think Cahill has what it takes to play like say...Koschelny did against Messi last year were he followed Messi out of defense and into midfield and done a damn good job on him.Luiz has the ablity and attributes to do that,Cahill is far to slow can cumbersome.Luiz can relive pressure for his team when we press Chelseas defense with the ball by dribbling past our players and making a good pass,Cahill can't etc.

Chelsea don't need all this. They just need - and that's probably what RDM will go for - a park the bus, good old fashioned backs to the wall, all hands on deck, man the bunkers and trenches, etc. etc. kind of defensive performance. And Cahill is more likely to provide that than Luiz.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:43 am

Fug-Q wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Anyone who has watched him the last 2 months would know he's been brilliant,even if there's a slight chance he would have made a mistake against us it's worth the risk playing him because you need something special to beat us and Luiz is capable of producing that kind of performance,Cahill is not.

Luiz has played better recently because Di Matteo has kind of went back to old ways and played a deeper defense and Luiz has thrived on it,I'm sure Di Matteo will play with a deep defense against us.His mistake today was when Chelsea were playing with a high line.

Anyone with a brain knows David Luiz is better than Cahill and more suitable to partner Terry.You're just an xenophobic wanker who judges players by what you hear in the media,you still haven't explained to me why Cahill is better than Luiz and why he is a better partner for Terry than Luiz.

Also I just found out Luiz has played against Messi before in a Brazil vs Argentina game and he was supposed to have done well.

xenophobic lol!

Says Mr "DPL". Mr "English players are shit".

Foreign players are great, I just think Luiz is a liability and hasnt suddenly just stopped being one.

Im sure he was very good in the Portuguese league.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:51 am

The Drog yesterday Ale

When he's in that sort of mood, he can pretty much destroy anyone affraid

His goal reminded me of one he scored against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge a couple seasons back Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:47 pm

To be fair, Drogba was absolutely awful up until he scored that goal. The Chelsea fans around me were venting their fury at him as he wasn't moving at all, they wanted him subbed off for Torres.

Typical Drogba though, he is probably the best striker in the World with his back to goal and turning defenders one on one. I knew as soon as he was isolated one on one with Gallas and plucked that Lampard up and under that we were in trouble.

Finally seen a replay of the game.

Aside from the Mata goal, there is also the little issue of Terry fouling in the build up which was missed. Similarly, Cech fouling Adebayor in the build up to our goal. Presumably Cech couldn't have been booked as it resulted in a goal, but therefore it throws up the question that if Bale had not touched the ball and instead remonstrated with the ref, he would have almost certainly had to give a penalty and send Cech off. Trying to attack 10 men when 2-1 down could have been a rather different preposition.

Whilst the way we capitulated (it was 2-1 well into the 70th minute) was typically pathetic, I'm beginning to get rather tired of how many absolute FUCK UPS there are by refs in big games, particularly ones we're involved in.

I remember this time last year losing to Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge when the ref that day awarded them a goal which wasn't over the line too and then an offside winner, which virtually put paid to finishing in the top 4:

Nobody enjoys moaning likes a victim in these circumstances, and certainly not when the players begin to adopt such a mentality, but truth be told I'm still waiting for these big game decisions to even themselves out as Slur Alex assures us that they will.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Even when they bring in goal line technology their is still way to many other game changing decisions the ref screws up that video evidence could clear up that crazy how long they take to fix things like this.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Disco Benny wrote:I think it probably helps to watch more than "just the big games and the Liverpool games" to make a well informed assessment of Everton.

At home they've been very strong this season (beaten City, Chelsea, Spurs, should have drawn with Arsenal at the very least with that abonimable offside decision), will be interesting how they get on at a neutral venue.

Frustratingly, cannot find a video of that goal against Arsenal as it was proof they are far more than just shit on stick

I've said it before, but you won't get away with repeating this lazy assertion on a match you didn't watch – it was a deserved win.

Back on topic... Smile
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:45 pm

You can't judge it without watching Bernd.

Bar the disallowed goal, Everton created nothing. We would've been out of sight after 20 minutes had we taken our chances ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah well we didn't deserve to lose 5-1 yesterday but we did.

Everton scored a perfectly legitimate goal. Arsenal scored a perfectly legitimate goal. All that happened in between can be argued this way or that, but had the linesman not had an epic brainfart, the result would have been 1-1. Simple Ale
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Yeah to be fair, if the result ends up 1-0 and there is a wrongly disallowed goal, the conclusion that it's a deserved win doesnt seem quite right. Had the result been 6-0 then fair enough.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:37 pm

England should have taken that World Cup second-round tie with Germany to penalties at least <Ale>
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

We have got away unpunished with a few other "abonimable" performances anyway. Unfortunately I couldn't watch that day but the Anfield league game was a case of grand larceny by all accounts and might be a better example...
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:We have got away unpunished with a few other "abonimable" performances anyway. Unfortunately I couldn't watch that day but the Anfield league game was a case of grand larceny by all accounts and might be a better example...

I'm sure I mentioned somewhere only the other day (arsenal thread?) that I fully agreed that Arsenal have had some utterly terrible decisions go against them, more so that any of their closest rivals (Man U, City, Chelsea).

This wasn't about Arsenal though, it was about Everton and their generally strong home form. And that goal that was struck off was doubly worse because it was a thing of genuine beauty and Royston Fey Drenthe was about 10 yards onside, it's not like it was even remotely contentious.

What Boro said is bang on too - the England game or the Spurs game indeed hinged on contentious decisions, but ultimately both collapsed and led to the clear counter argument that it didn't matter anyway given both lost heavily in the end.

The Everton game though is different innit given Arsenal did only end up winning by 1 Ale

Congrats on completely diverting the discussion by the way. I mean it Laughing

worms.

Post by worms. Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:03 pm

fcb wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Then you are a dimwit.

Chelsea don't need all this. They just need - and that's probably what RDM will go for - a park the bus, good old fashioned backs to the wall, all hands on deck, man the bunkers and trenches, etc. etc. kind of defensive performance. And Cahill is more likely to provide that than Luiz.

No he's not,David Luiz is at his best when playing in a deep backline and he is a much better player than Cahill.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:04 pm

if Chelsea's 5th goal had been the contentious one I would say, well fuck it they would have won anyway. The fact that it was the 2nd goal - ie the winning goal makes it a scandalous travesty of justice and Tottenham fans have every right to go on a prolonged killing spree until the FA put things right.
    worms.

Post by worms. Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Disco Benny wrote:To be fair, Drogba was absolutely awful up until he scored that goal. The Chelsea fans around me were venting their fury at him as he wasn't moving at all, they wanted him subbed off for Torres.

Typical Drogba though, he is probably the best striker in the World with his back to goal and turning defenders one on one. I knew as soon as he was isolated one on one with Gallas and plucked that Lampard up and under that we were in trouble.

Finally seen a replay of the game.

Aside from the Mata goal, there is also the little issue of Terry fouling in the build up which was missed. Similarly, Cech fouling Adebayor in the build up to our goal. Presumably Cech couldn't have been booked as it resulted in a goal, but therefore it throws up the question that if Bale had not touched the ball and instead remonstrated with the ref, he would have almost certainly had to give a penalty and send Cech off. Trying to attack 10 men when 2-1 down could have been a rather different preposition.

Whilst the way we capitulated (it was 2-1 well into the 70th minute) was typically pathetic, I'm beginning to get rather tired of how many absolute FUCK UPS there are by refs in big games, particularly ones we're involved in.

I remember this time last year losing to Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge when the ref that day awarded them a goal which wasn't over the line too and then an offside winner, which virtually put paid to finishing in the top 4:

Nobody enjoys moaning likes a victim in these circumstances, and certainly not when the players begin to adopt such a mentality, but truth be told I'm still waiting for these big game decisions to even themselves out as Slur Alex assures us that they will.

Ibrahimovic is the best at this but Drogba is one of the best fo sho.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Post by The Easter Bunny Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Fug-Q wrote:
    fcb wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Then you are a dimwit.

No he's not,David Luiz is at his best when playing in a deep backline and he is a much better player than Cahill.

Under RDM Chelsea defend in two banks of 4 which offers more protection to the CB's, this is why Terry and Luiz have looked more solid under RDM. Under AVB it is well documented that he tried to implement a high line with pressing, this puts more pressure on the back 4 to be tactically aware and contributed to the poor performances of Terry and Luiz under AVD. JT and Luiz are similar players, both like to bring the ball out of defence, and have a good technical ability (who remembers Terry's pass to Cole last season/season before),when RC and JT were together, RC provided the tactical awareness and covered Terry while he moved up the pitch to attack the ball. Both Luiz and Terry prefer to attack and both need a defender like Cahill who is very tactically aware to prosper in a high pressing game, which explains why AVB brought.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:55 pm

I've never seen better when it comes to receiving the ball back to goal:

In these times when the term "legend" is bandied around like a cheap Thai slut in an American army barracks,

Didier is a true footballing Wojciech Szeszny Ale

worms.

Post by worms. Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:57 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    fcb wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Then you are a dimwit.

Under RDM Chelsea defend in two banks of 4 which offers more protection to the CB's, this is why Terry and Luiz have looked more solid under RDM. Under AVB it is well documented that he tried to implement a high line with pressing, this puts more pressure on the back 4 to be tactically aware and contributed to the poor performances of Terry and Luiz under AVD. JT and Luiz are similar players, both like to bring the ball out of defence, and have a good technical ability (who remembers Terry's pass to Cole last season/season before),when RC and JT were together, RC provided the tactical awareness and covered Terry while he moved up the pitch to attack the ball. Both Luiz and Terry prefer to attack and both need a defender like Cahill who is very tactically aware to prosper in a high pressing game, which explains why AVB brought.

Chelsea aren't going to play a high pressing game against us are they though? I'm sure Terry will not be attacking in this game,you make Terry sound like Lucio in his prime ffs he is not that attacking.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Post by The Easter Bunny Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Fug-Q wrote:
    The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    fcb wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Then you are a dimwit.

Chelsea aren't going to play a high pressing game against us are they though? I'm sure Terry will not be attacking in this game,you make Terry sound like Lucio in his prime ffs he is not that attacking.

Again, you missed the whole point of the post. Read the bit in bold, this is why Luiz has prospered under RDM, and why him and Terry is an unsuitable partnership in my opinion. I didn't make it "sound like Lucio in his prime", I merely stated a point that he has surprisingly good technical ability (tried finding the link to his ball to Cole, but I can't remember the game. I'm sure most people will remember it though) and he likes to attack the ball.
    worms.

Post by worms. Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    fcb wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:
    Fug-Q wrote:

Then you are a dimwit.

Again, you missed the whole point of the post. Read the bit in bold, this is why Luiz has prospered under RDM, and why him and Terry is an unsuitable partnership in my opinion. I didn't make it "sound like Lucio in his prime", I merely stated a point that he has surprisingly good technical ability (tried finding the link to his ball to Cole, but I can't remember the game. I'm sure most people will remember it though) and he likes to attack the ball.

Explain to me why Terry and Luiz can't perform together in a deep defense because against us(Valencia) and us (Napoli) they were excellent.You seem to think because they are both comfortable on the ball bringing it out of defense they can't play with each other,that's bollocks.When one comes out of the defense with the ball the other one obviously doesn't go forward as well.Their performances together lately go against what you say.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Djourou, Vermaelen, Santos, Song, Arteta, Walcott, Rosicky, Benayoun, Van Persie.

Subs: Fabianski, Gibbs, Squillaci, Ramsey, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:15 pm