Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Black Magic
Hlebagone
messiah
Brian 2468
Puro
Xavier
Effenberg
Kroos
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Pierre Littbarski
Axeslammer
110%
bluenine
Deluded F*ck™
Super Progress
The Pröfessör
Formerly known as sheva7
Murray
NeoChap
Isco Benny
mongrel hawk
Luis
S4P
BoBo Vieri 32
Antarion
debaser
Kimbo
Rosicky
christmasborocooper
ERIK LAMELA
Jaime
blutgraetsche
shazlx
Fey
38 posters

2014 World Cup - Group Stages

blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

2014 World Cup - Group Stages - Page 3 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup - Group Stages

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:England do play dirty though, almost Uru like.

But not as dirty as Germany, that rig WC games (1974, 1982), take dope (1954) and dive in a WC final game to win (1990).  

That's like a pig pointing the finger at a dog. But keep it on. <Ale>
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Fey wrote:FFS I feel sorry for them Anglo-Saxons, the little warrior nation from the island. They are better then most SA teams, but they dont believe in themselves! FFS mediabias says I.

Also, England needs to TROLL more, South-Americans ALWAYS take the bait ffs!

Good 2nd half btw.

Puro must be DYING to post on here.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:15 pm

debaser wrote:well I guess I am now a hardcore Italy fan. christ I wish we were confirmed out already - I going to have to actually care about the last game still. which means another dose of abject misery.

Don't be so English.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:It's just that England were all over Uruguay in that phase. Their defence looked unsettled, yes, but they really put a lot of pressure on Uruguay. And then comes Gerrard with his perfect assist for his Liverpool team mate. It was against the run of play and broke their neck.

Gerrard really is a fucking loser. Consistently manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for England.

Can't wait to see the back of him. Hearing all these ex pros in the media fawning over him and comparing him to the likes of Pirlo is just bile inducing.

Both he and Rooney have been the most frustrating players to watch YET AGAIN in a major tournament. Do one you overrated c*nts Ale

I can't wait for those c**ts to retire so I can start to get behind England again. They have some likeable players coming through: Lallana, Shaw, etc. But Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard need to fuck off.

P.S, England would have done better with Redknapp in charge.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

I suppose Woy will be getting fired now.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
    debaser wrote:well I guess I am now a hardcore Italy fan. christ I wish we were confirmed out already - I going to have to actually care about the last game still. which means another dose of abject misery.

Don't be so English.

The conditions didn't suit us.  Ale 
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:It's just that England were all over Uruguay in that phase. Their defence looked unsettled, yes, but they really put a lot of pressure on Uruguay. And then comes Gerrard with his perfect assist for his Liverpool team mate. It was against the run of play and broke their neck.

Gerrard really is a fucking loser. Consistently manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for England.

Can't wait to see the back of him. Hearing all these ex pros in the media fawning over him and comparing him to the likes of Pirlo is just bile inducing.

Both he and Rooney have been the most frustrating players to watch YET AGAIN in a major tournament. Do one you overrated c*nts Ale

I thought Rooney had a good match tonight though, not just because of the goal. But I agree that England will be better off once the transition to the new generation of players coming through is complete. They are better footballers, have a better mentality and most importantly, have a better tactical understanding.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Rooney didn't have a good game, he missed 2 sitters and was repeatedly caught in possession.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
    Fey wrote:FFS I feel sorry for them Anglo-Saxons, the little warrior nation from the island. They are better then most SA teams, but they dont believe in themselves! FFS mediabias says I.

Good 2nd half btw.

GOODBYE EUROSHITE *flag waving emoji*
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:19 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Good 2nd half btw.

He has to hurry up though, otherwise the momentum is gone. When Otto was in his trolling days he did it like 2 weeks after England got knocked out. That backfired.

So hurry the fuck up FFS christians!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Kimbo wrote:Rooney didn't have a good game, he missed 2 sitters and was repeatedly caught in possession.

Had a good second half I thought. Apart from that awful finish.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 pm

English players are naive. Godin should have been sent off in the first half and none of them complained about it. South american, italian or spanish players would have been all over the referee.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 pm

ERIK LAMELA wrote:I will be completely honest. I don't consider England to be any better than Australia. At best they are comparable to a side like Japan. The idea that England is a good football side must end. Qualifying for a tournament is the achievement for England.

So Australia>>>Japan?

GTFO!!

England played better then during the last years...but you cant have such wingers..you cant. That's not from this day and age. Also one more match and England is released of Gerrard.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Seriously though: Japan, Bosnia, Côte d'Ivoire are all better than England.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Kimbo wrote:Rooney didn't have a good game, he missed 2 sitters and was repeatedly caught in possession.

He was wasteful, yes, but he at least made a few good passes, read the game well a few times, worked pretty hard etc. Compared to the other WCs, it was a much improved performance at least.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:

Don't be so English.

what am I supposed to be?
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Fey wrote:
    ERIK LAMELA wrote:I will be completely honest. I don't consider England to be any better than Australia. At best they are comparable to a side like Japan. The idea that England is a good football side must end. Qualifying for a tournament is the achievement for England.

So Australia>>>Japan?

GTFO!!

England played better then during the last years...but you cant have such wingers..you cant. That's not from this day and age. Also one more match and England is released of Gerrard.

Japan and Aus. are comparable. Japan slightly ahead to be honest, but what I mean is that Aus. are better at playing the style the English should than England are.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

He was wasteful, yes, but he at least made a few good passes, read the game well a few times, worked pretty hard etc. Compared to the other WCs, it was a much improved performance at least.

For a player that has a permanent place in the starting XI it's not enough, he needs to go.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    NeoChap wrote:
    Luis wrote:Bloody Gerrard, how dare he try and win a header  Grr 

England played better vs Italy. Hodgson very meh with his decisions tonight.

Obviously Gerrard's getting extra credit because of past form and going to shit there after his mistake, but it's very much Jagielka too. Don't see how you can blame Roy though. The first two changes made a positive impact, and he clearly held back the last one for a throw of the dice - when Lambert messed up every time he got near the ball anyway.

A team that isn't built to control the game, we made chances, converted only one, and defended poorly. Depressing because it's a decent set of players, but basically a tough reflection of being in a group with good teams.

Jagielka needs replaced aswell

We need a new keeper, new fullbacks, a new CB, a new CM, and a new striker that can actually lead the line. For all these fancy young AM that are coming through we're thin everywhere else.

And a new manager ofcourse.
    I'm optimistic.

Hart ins't so bad and we would hope he improves...
    CBs is a worry I can only see Stones of Everton who is coming through.
    FBs I think we'll be fine, quite a few decent ones. Shaw, Gibbs, Flanagan, Clyne
    CMs I've optimistic. Wilshere will come good! He's coached by Wenger who has a strong record of developing central midfielders of all types. With both Gerrard and Lampard now gone, we should now get some experimentation there. We should get see Milner, Huddlestone, Delphs and of course Cleverly coming back in.
    Strikers...

You don't need stars, just players who are comfortable playing the system you put out, and then a good finisher in Sturridge has to deliver.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Lee Dixon seems to want to lamp Chiles. Here's hoping
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:25 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
    Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:English don't dive Very Happy 

The English dioved against Italy (twice) and Uruguay (about 300 times).

There's no difference between Fred, Marcelo, Sturridge, Sterling, etc. All cheaters! The only difference was the japanese ref..
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:English players are naive. Godin should have been sent off in the first half and none of them complained about it. South american, italian or spanish players would have been all over the referee.

True. They think a WC game is a tea party.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Murray wrote:I suppose Woy will be getting fired now.
    If only. There's no strong English coach to replace him and the F.A won't wanted the media shit that will come with replacing him with a foreign coach.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:27 pm

debaser wrote:
    mongrel hawk wrote:

Don't be so English.

what am I supposed to be?

A little less English. Could you?  Very Happy 
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Not English, but Brendan Rodgers would be a good choice. Gerrard would remain Captain, though...
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

He's wasn't great but did make some positive contributions and had his dangerous moments.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    NeoChap wrote:
    Luis wrote:Bloody Gerrard, how dare he try and win a header  Grr 

England played better vs Italy. Hodgson very meh with his decisions tonight.

Obviously Gerrard's getting extra credit because of past form and going to shit there after his mistake, but it's very much Jagielka too. Don't see how you can blame Roy though. The first two changes made a positive impact, and he clearly held back the last one for a throw of the dice - when Lambert messed up every time he got near the ball anyway.

A team that isn't built to control the game, we made chances, converted only one, and defended poorly. Depressing because it's a decent set of players, but basically a tough reflection of being in a group with good teams.

Jagielka needs replaced aswell

We need a new keeper, new fullbacks, a new CB, a new CM, and a new striker that can actually lead the line. For all these fancy young AM that are coming through we're thin everywhere else.

And a new manager ofcourse.
    I'm optimistic.

Hart ins't so bad and we would hope he improves...
    CBs is a worry I can only see Stones of Everton who is coming through.
    FBs I think we'll be fine, quite a few decent ones. Shaw, Gibbs, Flanagan, Clyne
    CMs I've optimistic. Wilshere will come good! He's coached by Wenger who has a strong record of developing central midfielders of all types. With both Gerrard and Lampard now gone, we should now get some experimentation there. We should get see Milner, Huddlestone, Delphs and of course Cleverly coming back in.
    Strikers...

You don't need stars, just players who are comfortable playing the system you put out, and then a good finisher in Sturridge has to deliver.

I'm hoping Butland, Stones, Shaw, and Flanagan turn out to be good. As for CM, we need someone athletic alongside Henderson, who I think is a very capable work donkey, not a fragile cockney with a bad attitude. tongue 

I like Sturridge but he was often far too deep tonight, I know target men are out of fashion in England(or English ones atleast) but I really think we need one.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
    mongrel hawk wrote:
    Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:English don't dive Very Happy 

The English dioved against Italy (twice) and Uruguay (about 300 times).

There's no difference between Fred, Marcelo, Sturridge, Sterling, etc. All cheaters! The only difference was the japanese ref..

And Mueller. And the whole German teams of 1974 and 1982.  <Ale> 
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:English players are naive. Godin should have been sent off in the first half and none of them complained about it. South american, italian or spanish players would have been all over the referee.

Dutch as well...Latin and Balkan players are always close to exploding so you have to play on the edge against them and influence the ref.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Murray wrote:I suppose Woy will be getting fired now.
    If only. There's no strong English coach to replace him and the F.A won't wanted the media shit that will come with replacing him with a foreign coach.

Popular with the London media.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 pm