Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Deluded F*ck™
The Easter Bunny
S4P
Rosicky
Brian2468
Isco Benny
DD
Luis
Axeslammer
blutgraetsche
BoBo Vieri 32
christmasborocooper
Brian 2468
Super Progress
Roger Hunt
Murray
Formerly known as sheva7
debaser
110%
Kroos
messiah
bluenine
mongrel hawk
Fey
Kimbo
Antarion
Jaime
31 posters

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals

Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals

Post by Antarion Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:29 pm

110% wrote:I hear that Loew has insisted that he will be playing Lahm in central midfield for the rest of the tournament  Very Happy , so I change my prediction to France  

We started the tournament with Löw. So of course the prediction should be on whichever we face in the knockouts  Laughing 
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:32 pm

But well, fuck that, we will trash them Froggies  <Ale> 

Germany, Belgium, Brazil and Netherlands to go through
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Antarion wrote:But well, fuck that, we will trash them Froggies  <Ale> 

Germany, Belgium, Brazil and Netherlands to go through

<Ale> I'm back with you, after seeing the dirty play by Matuidi breaking that Nigerian, and escaping with only a yellow, I want them out.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:52 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    mongrel hawk wrote:Jerome Valcke has just said on Brazilian tv that USA are interested in hosting 2026.

And I think the 2022 WC will end up being in China or USA.

I'll eat my face if it happens in Qatar. It will go to the USA, like us they could host it every summer, everything is in place.

Nah, the 2022 world cup will stay in Qatar. Once its been awarded, its legally too complicated to change that, even for FIFA. Too much money at stake, and Qatar has too much money to defend their rights.

Slavery and bribes are also complicated, more and more evidence will come out of the next few years, and more and more slaves will die, I expect we'll see sponsors threatening to pull out, and maybe our FA's will find their balls and make a stand. 

You might as well eat your face now lol! 

Maybe there will be a world cup in Qatar, and another one somewhere else. It could be the end of Fifa.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:57 pm

The idea that the worlds biggest sporting event will be built by slaves and a big death toll is depressing. It's like some Roman era shit.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Jaime wrote:2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 -m-01l3vx__42x22 France vs Germany 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 Png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAACoAAAAWBAMAAABEVRO+AAAAD1BMVEUAAACjBxDaCha+miP+zS85OuxxAAAAHUlEQVQYV2NgGLRASAkTKA5iURMXTOBMZ1FjbAAAHtU7CjKaJEAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Is it wrong of me to hope that France get payback for Battiston in '82?
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:
    Jaime wrote:2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 -m-01l3vx__42x22 France vs Germany 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 Png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAACoAAAAWBAMAAABEVRO+AAAAD1BMVEUAAACjBxDaCha+miP+zS85OuxxAAAAHUlEQVQYV2NgGLRASAkTKA5iURMXTOBMZ1FjbAAAHtU7CjKaJEAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Is it wrong of me to hope that France get payback for Battiston in '82?

But unlike '45 there is no USA/Engerland helping them
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Antarion wrote:

Panzer divisions in 1940 were less violent than Schumacher Evil or Very Mad 
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:
    Antarion wrote:

Panzer divisions in 1940 were less violent than Schumacher Evil or Very Mad 

Only because the French did surrender before they could get as violent as Schumacher.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:04 pm

I've got the same as Messiah!

France vs Germany  

Brazil vs Colombia

Argentina vs Belgium  

Netherlands vs Costa Rica

BTW, what an 80's classics! With ARG v BEL and FRA v GER

We are back in the 80's it seems! Only with Holland qualifying this time and Brazil being around still. Could be a good sign for Argieland and Krautistan.

Nontheless, everyone remembers Bel-Arg from '86. But in 82 they played as well and won! And Fra-Ger famous for that 82 match! But in 86 the Germans won as well from them in the semi's, and I expect them to do it again.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:56 pm

France vs Germany

Brazil vs Colombia

Argentina vs Belgium

I'm the least sure of France vs Germany. If Germany plays a similar formation to the one against Algeria then they will go out. France is hardly perfect but they seem to compliment each other better than any other team bar Colombia and maybe Holland.

Colombia is better but somehow Brazil is going to do it. The host will make the semi's at a minimum

Argentina have been poor. So far Mascherano, Di Maria and Messi have played well. Until the last game Messi generally played poorly but was decisive and Di Maria was the opposite. The team seems to be without clear shape and while not as bad as under Maradona it is still not good enough. Feyfail played well for the first time against America. I'm not surprised because they gave them so much space which is why they are well set up to play against Argentina. Think Holland/Brazil would clearly get the better of them because they won't give as much space. I expect Hazard+Lukaku to run riot. This will be the game for Hazard to shine in this tournament since he will probably get a lot of one on one vs Zabeleta.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Fey wrote:I've got the same as Messiah!

France vs Germany  

Brazil vs Colombia

Argentina vs Belgium  

We are back in the 80's it seems! Only with Holland qualifying this time and Brazil being around still. Could be a good sign for Argieland and Krautistan.

Nontheless, everyone remembers Bel-Arg from '86. But in 82 they played as well and won! And Fra-Ger famous for that 82 match! But in 86 the Germans won as well from them in the semi's, and I expect them to do it again.

But will it end in the 90's with GER - ARg final?  bounce 
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Antarion wrote:
    Fey wrote:I've got the same as Messiah!

France vs Germany  

Brazil vs Colombia

Argentina vs Belgium  

But will it end in the 90's with GER - ARg final?  bounce 

Or France beating Brazil on pens again, Neymar missing as well as Zico and Sócrates.

Last edited by mongrel hawk on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:56 pm

I think there's a chance of Brazil clicking against Colombia. Colombia is more open than Chile, Neymar will have more space.

According to Brazilian media and fans, Brazil was a disgrace against Chile. They think this way because Brazilians are arrogant and never assume another team can play as good as Brazil: they think that when Brazil do not win comfortably it's always the fault of Brazilian players, never the merit of the opponents. They think Brazil is above being beaten by another team, that we only lose to ourselves. They are idiots.

As bad as Brazil have been, they were better than Chile:

brazil / chile

shots 23 / 13

shots on goal 13 / 5

corner kicks 9 / 5

saves by keeper 4 / 12
    Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Fey...Fellaini may not be your kind of player still makes mistakes but is worthy of a team place for Belgium. Do you see him playing under the new manager for United.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:53 pm

May not be my kind of player? A player is either good, decent or shite. Thats the flavours. My opinion doesnt change the fact that Fellaini is a bad footballer.

And no, I can't see him having a future at United.

Anyway, could you all be so kind to vote for Clasie? It's in Dutch...but you'll figure it out!

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1049/Oranje/article/detail/3682176/2014/07/02/Clasie-of-Kuyt-moet-plek-De-Jong-innemen.dhtml
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:59 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:I think there's a chance of Brazil clicking against Colombia. Colombia is more open than Chile, Neymar will have more space.

According to Brazilian media and fans, Brazil was a disgrace against Chile. They think this way because Brazilians are arrogant and never assume another team can play as good as Brazil: they think that when Brazil do not win comfortably it's always the fault of Brazilian players, never the merit of the opponents. They think Brazil is above being beaten by another team, that we only lose to ourselves. They are idiots.

brazil / chile

shots 23 / 13

shots on goal 13 / 5

corner kicks 9 / 5

saves by keeper 4 / 12

Brazilians are weird. I still dont get why Maxwell never plays for Brazil.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Fey wrote:
    mongrel hawk wrote:I think there's a chance of Brazil clicking against Colombia. Colombia is more open than Chile, Neymar will have more space.

brazil / chile

shots 23 / 13

shots on goal 13 / 5

corner kicks 9 / 5

saves by keeper 4 / 12

Or Filipe Luis!
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Fey wrote:

brazil / chile

shots 23 / 13

shots on goal 13 / 5

corner kicks 9 / 5

saves by keeper 4 / 12

Or Filipe Luis!

Or Ronaldinho.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:11 pm

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 2 BriSlcqCYAAcZjy
    Man Utd bossed the groupstages though..
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:40 pm

World Cupless nights are shit
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Why didnt they put the quarter finals on Saturday and Sunday?

Most people will be at work/on the way home from work for the France vs Germany match.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:29 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Why didnt they put the quarter finals on Saturday and Sunday?

Most people will be at work/on the way home from work for the France vs Germany match.

Because the semis are on Tuesday & Wednesday. It gives teams another day's rest
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:43 am

brazil / chile

shots 23 / 13

shots on goal 13 / 5

corner kicks 9 / 5

saves by keeper 4 / 12

I agree. Brazil have more chances against Colombia than against Chile because we tend to do better against offensive minded teams.

Actually I'm more worried about Cuadrado than James. He will cause all sorts of problems for Marcelo.

Luiz Gustavo has been one of the best players so far and apparently he will be replaced by Paulinho. I hope he can rediscover his form.

Todo, Brazil wasn't a disgrace, but they didn't play well. The problem against Chile was the lack of midfield. They couldn't keep possession and played only long balls from David Luiz, which was pretty poor.

I read something interesting today. Crying might not be an issue. So far Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva, David Luiz and Neymar cried. They are playing well. On the other hand, Dani Alves, Marcelo and Fred didn't drop a tear. Think about it.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:18 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:

brazil / chile

shots 23 / 13

shots on goal 13 / 5

corner kicks 9 / 5

saves by keeper 4 / 12

I agree. Brazil have more chances against Colombia than against Chile because we tend to do better against offensive minded teams.

Actually I'm more worried about Cuadrado than James. He will cause all sorts of problems for Marcelo.

Luiz Gustavo has been one of the best players so far and apparently he will be replaced by Paulinho. I hope he can rediscover his form.

Todo, Brazil wasn't a disgrace, but they didn't play well. The problem against Chile was the lack of midfield. They couldn't keep possession and played only long balls from David Luiz, which was pretty poor.

I read something interesting today. Crying might not be an issue. So far Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva, David Luiz and Neymar cried. They are playing well. On the other hand, Dani Alves, Marcelo and Fred didn't drop a tear. Think about it.

Crying has nothing to do with it, I agree. Brazilian media is only trying to decide who will be the villain(s) this time to crucify in case we don't win the cup. In the beginning it was J César, then Paulinho, then Fred, and now, finally, Thiago Silva.

Man, I wanna see Brazil winning this WC just to see the shit faces of some pundits.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:08 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Why didnt they put the quarter finals on Saturday and Sunday?

Maybe in the UK but in most of Europe (including France and Germany) it's 6pm, you finish work a bit early and can be sitting in the pub ready to go.

The world cup final being on a Sunday night is more problematic due to the hangover on Monday morning.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 am

110% wrote:

Maybe in the UK but in most of Europe (including France and Germany) it's 6pm, you finish work a bit early and can be sitting in the pub ready to go.

The world cup final being on a Sunday night is more problematic due to the hangover on Monday morning.

I've set my holiday begin to monday 14th.  Bubbly 

Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:40 am

Löw: "We will get to the last 4"

Never have him heard that optimistic before a game. Hope he got a small mentality change, instead of talking the same boring stuff as always to the media.

Really curious how we present us this evening.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 am

i`ll go with the same starting 11

france is pretty limited, like we were in 2010

they only counter, there pressing is average, and they are not as hardworking as algeria

later bring on khedira, schürrle and klose

i rewatched the algeria game, yeah the first half was very poor, but the rest of the game was very good, typical medias, they need some headlines, does anyone really think the game in the first half would have been different when lahm would have played on the right side  Rolling Eyes

when a team plays such a high tempo in going forward and parks the bus, and plays with an high intensity in the duells, every team would look poor, the problem is you can`t keep this tempo for long
    Antarion
    Antarion

Post by Antarion Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:10 am

Kroos wrote:i`ll go with the same starting 11

france is pretty limited, like we were in 2010

they only counter, there pressing is average, and they are not as hardworking as algeria

later bring on khedira, schürrle and klose

i rewatched the algeria game, yeah the first half was very poor, but the rest of the game was very good, typical medias, they need some headlines, does anyone really think the game in the first half would have been different when lahm would have played on the right side  Rolling Eyes

when a team plays such a high tempo in going forward and parks the bus, and plays with an high intensity in the duells, every team would look poor, the problem is you can`t keep this tempo for long

Of course not, they are french.

First half against Algeria was really poor though. Not only because Algeria were strong and fought hard, we lost easy balls like we were on drugs.
    But I expect a better performance today too. But I'm with the critics and want to see good rb and lb players going forwards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:22 pm