Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Deluded F*ck™
The Easter Bunny
S4P
Rosicky
Brian2468
Isco Benny
DD
Luis
Axeslammer
blutgraetsche
BoBo Vieri 32
christmasborocooper
Brian 2468
Super Progress
Roger Hunt
Murray
Formerly known as sheva7
debaser
110%
Kroos
messiah
bluenine
mongrel hawk
Fey
Kimbo
Antarion
Jaime
31 posters

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 3 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals

Post by Kroos Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:22 am

Antarion wrote:
    Kroos wrote:i`ll go with the same starting 11

france is pretty limited, like we were in 2010

they only counter, there pressing is average, and they are not as hardworking as algeria

later bring on khedira, schürrle and klose

i rewatched the algeria game, yeah the first half was very poor, but the rest of the game was very good, typical medias, they need some headlines, does anyone really think the game in the first half would have been different when lahm would have played on the right side  Rolling Eyes

when a team plays such a high tempo in going forward and parks the bus, and plays with an high intensity in the duells, every team would look poor, the problem is you can`t keep this tempo for long

Of course not, they are french.

First half against Algeria was really poor though. Not only because Algeria were strong and fought hard, we lost easy balls like we were on drugs.
    But I expect a better performance today too. But I'm with the critics and want to see good rb and lb players going forwards.

i personally like the 4 CB in the back4

we always look dangerous on corners, and hardly allow anything when the opponent takes them

thats 2 more players with height and strength, play lahm and maybe durm and this advantage is gone, also we look solid in defending

yeah höwedes is limited in going forward and passing, he is a real weak point in that area, no surprise that götze looked sometimes out of his depth

with 2 real FB always bombing forward we would be much more open to allow dangerous counters
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:35 am

As I wrote earlier, I actually believe the 4-3-3 system to be good idea, as we do need to reinforce the center against counters and the likes of Kroos, Schweinsteiger / Khedira play best with some proper defensive cover. However, for this to work we need Lahm (or someone else) in top form on the #6, but that just hasn't happened in this tournament.

The four centre backs approach I'm far more critical of. Höwedes simply can't play on that position, he has been a liability throughout the tournament, not to mention Mustafi who is simply not good enough, but that ship has sailed now anyway, fortunately. Boateng as RB worked fine because he has pace and is used to play there for club and country, so if Lahm were to remain in midfield, I'd keep him there. However, since we are playing with a very high line while having two rather slow defenders in central defence (Hummels and especially Mertesacker), adding another slow defender to the back line in Höwedes is suicidal. Not only doesn't he contribute anything to the attack, he looks very vulnerable to pacy wingers, too, in contrast to Boateng on the other flank. Hence I would replace him with Durm, Großkreutz, whoever, or with Boateng should Lahm really play on the RB position again.

With three tall centre backs, we'd still have the aerial superiority (we're the tallest team of the tournament anyway), gaining pace and especially width in return. With Özil and Götze playing on the wide positions in combination with four centre backs who don't offer much going forward, we are simply too narrow.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Against France's strong midfield (Pogba, Cabaye, Matuidi), if Germany stick to their current formation, they are in the danger of getting dominated in the middle of the park and losing any control of the game. Kroos-Khedira-Lahm is too lightweight IMO.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:As I wrote earlier, I actually believe the 4-3-3 system to be good idea, as we do need to reinforce the center against counters and the likes of Kroos, Schweinsteiger / Khedira play best with some proper defensive cover. However, for this to work we need Lahm (or someone else) in top form on the #6, but that just hasn't happened in this tournament.

The four centre backs approach I'm far more critical of. Höwedes simply can't play on that position, he has been a liability throughout the tournament, not to mention Mustafi who is simply not good enough, but that ship has sailed now anyway, fortunately. Boateng as RB worked fine because he has pace and is used to play there for club and country, so if Lahm were to remain in midfield, I'd keep him there. However, since we are playing with a very high line while having two rather slow defenders in central defence (Hummels and especially Mertesacker), adding another slow defender to the back line in Höwedes is suicidal. Not only doesn't he contribute anything to the attack, he looks very vulnerable to pacy wingers, too, in contrast to Boateng on the other flank. Hence I would replace him with Durm, Großkreutz, whoever, or with Boateng should Lahm really play on the RB position again.

With three tall centre backs, we'd still have the aerial superiority (we're the tallest team of the tournament anyway), gaining pace and especially width in return. With Özil and Götze playing on the wide positions in combination with four centre backs who don't offer much going forward, we are simply too narrow.

4-3-3 is always a good idea....always ? Well, not in this Brazilian heat...
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:32 pm

bluenine wrote:Against France's strong midfield (Pogba, Cabaye, Matuidi), if Germany stick to their current formation, they are in the danger of getting dominated in the middle of the park and losing any control of the game. Kroos-Khedira-Lahm is too lightweight IMO.

no midfield in the world can competete with lahm-kroos-schweinsteiger

pogba played a very poor world cup, and one goal changes nothing, as midfielder he is a whole disappointment so far
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:39 pm

I don't like our too static game going forward. Possession is nice but often there was no real movement. I guess it's also because you "lose" 4 players just keeping back (and still have problems with fast counterattacks). Where is the gain? It may work against some opponents. But playing this every game is not good enough imo.

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Kroos wrote:
    bluenine wrote:Against France's strong midfield (Pogba, Cabaye, Matuidi), if Germany stick to their current formation, they are in the danger of getting dominated in the middle of the park and losing any control of the game. Kroos-Khedira-Lahm is too lightweight IMO.

no midfield in the world can competete with lahm-kroos-schweinsteiger

Algeria's had a pretty good go at it. Kroos the only one of them three who has been impressive this tournament imo.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    4-3-3 is always a good idea....always ? Well, not in this Brazilian heat...

Compared to the 4-2-3-1 system that is (or 4-1-4-1 even), the default system of the German national team. We needed to reinfocre the central midfield and a three man midfield provides exactly that, in contrast to the two man 4-2-3-1.

It's basically replacing the #10 in a 4-2-3-1 with an additional #6 in the 4-3-3 (or rather 4-1-2-3). The #6 and the two #8s are defensively more aware than the two #8s and the #10 in the old system, especially when the #10 is Özil like in our case. Özil has been the biggest loser in this regard, as he has to play out of position now.

Löw wants to keep the high line of defence and believes that to reduce the threat of route-one high balls, he needs to play four central defenders with good aerial capabilities. I think that the price to pay for that is too high, as explained above (no width, lack of pace etc.).
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247

Post by Murray Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:02 pm

France starting XI: Lloris (c), Debuchy, Evra, Varane, Sakho, Cabaye, Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann, Matuidi, Pogba.

Germany starting XI: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Klose, Muller, Lahm (c), Kroos, Boateng.

That looks like Lahm at right back. Finally.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Klose not Schurrle. surprising call
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Germany and Colombia to go through today.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Don't know who I want to win - both evil but being a Jew I have to vote for France Sad
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Luis wrote:Don't know who I want to win - both evil but being a Jew I have to vote for France Sad

One would be saver in Germany these days then in France, they dont like the Juifs!

Anyway, winner gets:

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 3 Alsacelorraine
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Fey wrote:
    Luis wrote:Don't know who I want to win - both evil but being a Jew I have to vote for France Sad

One would be saver in Germany these days then in France, they dont like the Juifs!

Anyway, winner gets:

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 3 Alsacelorraine

Probably true but Hitler really let them down.

Plus Sakho  Blush 
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Murray wrote:France starting XI: Lloris (c), Debuchy, Evra, Varane, Sakho, Cabaye, Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann, Matuidi, Pogba.

Germany starting XI: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Klose, Muller, Lahm (c), Kroos, Boateng.

Interesting, no Mertesacker in central defence, which is a surprise. Still a 4-3-3 system by the look of things (or 4-5-1?), three man midfield of Khedira, Schweinsteiger and Kroos, Müller and Özil on the wing positions, Klose as a 'real' #9 up front.

I just hope that Khedira knows what is at stake and remains disciplined tactically - please no senseless runs in the opposition box. Also Höwedes still as LB, a weak spot.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:58 pm

According to Kicker, it's a 4-2-3-1 with Kroos on the #10 and Özil on LW. Hope Löw knows what he is doing.

Özil will likely have a tough match with Höwedes behind him.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:00 pm

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 3 Hbqo7Fx

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 3 5qHLNz8

Spoiler:

Biggrin Biggrin 
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:02 pm

I would have prefer that this was the late kick-off..have to do some groceries ffs!

France positve record against 'schlaaaaaannnddd...

Ridiculous FIFA rules atm with 30degrees.

Also, Ruud Gullit loves to listen to himself.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:07 pm

DD's post :  Very Happy 
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:12 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Murray wrote:France starting XI: Lloris (c), Debuchy, Evra, Varane, Sakho, Cabaye, Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann, Matuidi, Pogba.

Interesting, no Mertesacker in central defence, which is a surprise. Still a 4-3-3 system by the look of things (or 4-5-1?),  three man midfield of Khedira, Schweinsteiger and Kroos, Müller and Özil on the wing positions, Klose as a 'real' #9 up front.

I just hope that Khedira knows what is at stake and remains disciplined tactically - please no senseless runs in the opposition box. Also Höwedes still as LB, a weak spot.
    I understand that Low is playing with such a high line, otherwise the old Klose will down. But the space they leave behind at the back...Benzema will exploit that sooner or later.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Conclusion : Mertesacker has been found out this tournament ?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Riesenchance Frankreich......nein !!!
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 pm

TORRRRRRRRR
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 pm

As usual : the French surrender early...
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

too easy. no way Varane should be losing out there.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Weak from Varane, very weak.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Pushing by Hummels, will teach the French to field children instead of grownups Very Happy
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Weak defending from Varane...Hummels won the airial battle easily...now that they dominate the sky, they will blitzkrieg the shit out of them.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

England fans supporting Germany Laughing

2014 World Cup Quarter Finals - Page 3 Germs10
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:18 pm

think this game could have a few goals in it though. Germany were very easily opened up a couple of times already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:15 pm