Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
RedDevil
BoBo Vieri 32
The Easter Bunny
The Pröfessör
bluenine
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
S4P
stinger
Xavier
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
Kroos
Murray
Super Progress
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
Deluded F*ck™
Jaime
shazlx
messiah
TheCrazy58
Pierre Littbarski
christmasborocooper
debaser
Pras_tama
Roger Hunt
Axeslammer
110%
Kimbo
Fey
Luis
38 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 35 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by stinger Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Bony to Stoke City on loan is official - I think he will be perfect for them.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:13 pm

West Ham Insider saying we've scheduled a medical for a Spain World a up winner, makes me wonder which fringe player it is.
    stinger

Post by stinger Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:19 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:West Ham Insider saying we've scheduled a medical for a Spain World a up winner, makes me wonder which fringe player it is.
    Sounds like Arbeloa or Jesus Navas.
    stinger

Post by stinger Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:42 pm

Arbeloa it is.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:54 pm

stinger wrote:Arbeloa it is.
    Yup
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:05 pm

SSN saying Everton have agreed a £30m fee for Sissoko. Where's that CL football Moussa? Laughing
    stinger

Post by stinger Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:10 pm

f**k Doh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:28 pm

stinger wrote:f**k Doh

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 35 Giphy
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:19 pm

yo, b-coop, looks like we done a little Adama-Adomah swap. What's the lowdown on your guy? I can't say I remember seeing him.

Adama is a bit of an enigma. Only got bits and pieces of gametime last year due to injuries and changing managers. When he did come on he always scared the bejeezus out of the full back at least once, as he is fast as f**k & pretty much impossible to stop without fouling when he gets head down and goes. Downside is after one or two of them runs he usually spent the rest of the time running down blind alleys and for a Barcelona product he seemed shockingly lacking in tactical sense/teamwork. could definitely be a useful impact sub, think he's too much of a luxury to be starting until he gets the whole 'team' thing.
    stinger

Post by stinger Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:17 pm

Apparently Tottenham matched Everton bid for Sissoko.

Hopefully player will do what they all do and will choose London.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:20 pm

Happy to see Wilshere go out on loan to Bournemouth. He really really needs to get away from Arsenal's training and medical set-up to salvage his most important learning years. Plus not have Wenger not teach any tactical discipline is an added bonus. I think he recognises this and wasn't too proud to step down and he did it with no fuss which suggest he'll be proactive rather than expecting it to just happen.

If he chose to go to Pardew's Crystal Palace I would have written him off there and then once and for all.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:22 pm

stinger wrote:Apparently Tottenham matched Everton bid for Sissoko.

Are you suggesting that objectively going to a CL Spurs right now wouldn't be a better option than Everton? Or even at any point in the last five years? Even just being a shop window for bigger clubs, Spurs have a better recent record.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:25 pm

Lucky escape, he's only good in a counterattacking team when he has plenty of space to run into*, plus he would be talking about how he'd love to play for Arsenal within 6 months.

Nice to see Levy played at his own game

* My theory is that he would be best as a wing back, but we'll probably never know
    stinger

Post by stinger Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:25 pm

shazlx wrote:

Are you suggesting that objectively going to a CL Spurs right now wouldn't be a better option than Everton? Or even at any point in the last five years? Even just being a shop window for bigger clubs, Spurs have a better recent record.
    Of course you are right (maybe shop window is debatable, as Everton did very well profiting with Stones and could get crazy money for Lukaku if agree to sell).

He could still choose Tottenham though even if both teams would switch roles (except cities).

I am also very happy with this fact.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:27 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    stinger wrote:f**k Doh

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 35 Giphy
    Its genuinely ridiculous but then you would say he's worth around the same type of range of Bolasie, Mane, Lamela and the other not really stars but very useful players. I'd have been happy for Arsenal to spent that much on him if it meant removing Walcott from the starting line-up.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 pm

shazlx wrote:Happy to see Wilshere go out on loan to Bournemouth. He really really needs to get away from Arsenal's training and medical set-up to salvage his most important learning years. Plus not have Wenger not teach any tactical discipline is an added bonus. I think he recognises this and wasn't too proud to step down and he did it with no fuss which suggest he'll be proactive rather than expecting it to just happen.

If he chose to go to Pardew's Crystal Palace I would have written him off there and then once and for all.
    I should add, I'm genuinely pissed off that he's sent Campbell out on loan again. He's actually performed very credibly every time he played and it could be argued saved Arsenal creatively over the winter moves when everyone went AWOL. And obvious, it'll mean more games for Walcott/Oxlade-C.

I guess for Wenger it'll be Sanchez on the left and Ramsey on the right as 1st choice with Iwobi/ Walcott/ Oxlade-C rotating as back ups. I just really dislike seeing Walcott in an Arsenal shirt. It reminds me of all the worst things about Wenger.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 pm

I'm not sure how much use Sissoko will be to a top 4 team though, he's a thick and selfish player in the final 3rd, he will look great powering past a player but then he'll scuff it or make the wrong decision again and again. Plus if the opposition is sitting back his strengths are nullified.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:38 pm

Kimbo wrote:I'm not sure how much use Sissoko will be to a top 4 team though, he's a thick and selfish player in the final 3rd, he will look great powering past a player but then he'll scuff it or make the wrong decision again and again. Plus if the opposition is sitting back his strengths are nullified.
    TBH, you can't really judge a player based on their Newcastle form. You just can't. Potticino has does an incredible job of making the likes of Walker, Debele, Lamela... function is a defined system. Its entirely likely that he'll be able to reproduce that with Sissoko. I would guess the same with Koeman.
    stinger

Post by stinger Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:42 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:I'm not sure how much use Sissoko will be to a top 4 team though, he's a thick and selfish player in the final 3rd, he will look great powering past a player but then he'll scuff it or make the wrong decision again and again. Plus if the opposition is sitting back his strengths are nullified.
    TBH, you can't really judge a player based on their Newcastle form. You just can't. Potticino has does an incredible job of making the likes of Walker, Debele, Lamela... function is a defined system. Its entirely likely that he'll be able to reproduce that with Sissoko. I would guess the same with Koeman.
    You also can't really judge a player on 2-3 decent games for National Team.

I actually think Sissoko will be a better fit for Tottenham than for Everton - I really don't know how Koeman would use him in his system, Pochettino doesn't play wingers and uses more centre midfielders in a little bit different roles, maybe he will work there.

I am really disappointed Everton didn't try to get someone like Camacho from Malaga (only 20m euros release clause), he would be a perfect replacement for aging Barry (still solid, but for how long?).
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:46 pm

shazlx wrote:

Sure I can, look at Wijnaldum, Liverpool fans are saying the exact same things about him Newcastle fans were. We have a pretty good record when it comes to judging players(and managers) that have left. No matter how bad a team is you can still judge a players attributes and judge whether they could cut it at a higher level. Sissoko is an athlete rather than a footballer, can a manager get an athlete to function in a team? Yes, but it helps if the player has some intelligence and a good attitude.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Spurs now have 8 CMs good luck keeping them happy.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:08 pm

What the f**k, M'Vila traveled to the country today to sign for Sunderland, but he's saying it's not happening because Sunderland wouldn't take his calls.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:09 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Spurs now have 8 CMs good luck keeping them happy.

I don't think Sissoko has had a run at CM since he was at Toulouse, he doesn't get the space he needs there.
    rosenthal
    rosenthal

Number of posts : 822
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Favourite Player : רוני רוזנטל
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by rosenthal Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:33 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Spurs now have 8 CMs good luck keeping them happy.

It's not that bad, if you say 8 then you're counting guys like Eriksen who play "wide" left and U21 players like Winks and Onomah
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:39 pm

debaser wrote:yo, b-coop, looks like we done a little Adama-Adomah swap. What's the lowdown on your guy? I can't say I remember seeing him.

Adama is a bit of an enigma. Only got bits and pieces of gametime last year due to injuries and changing managers. When he did come on he always scared the bejeezus out of the full back at least once, as he is fast as f**k & pretty much impossible to stop without fouling when he gets head down and goes. Downside is after one or two of them runs he usually spent the rest of the time running down blind alleys and for a Barcelona product he seemed shockingly lacking in tactical sense/teamwork. could definitely be a useful impact sub, think he's too much of a luxury to be starting until he gets the whole 'team' thing.

I'd say you've got yourself a damn good championship winger. He was quite vital to us all said and done. Disappointed we've let him go without seeing what he could do in the Premiership. I get the impression he either has a shit attitude that Karanka doesn't like, or his agent is an arsehole.

As far as abilities, he's got plenty of pace and trickery, full of energy, tracks back and provides decent cover if your full back roams. Can play either side but looks infinitely more comfortable and threatening on the right. Inconsistent end product though, let's him down. Usually beats his man every time, but often picks the wrong ball. Floats to the crosses to the back post quite often and they get easily dealt with unless you have a beast up front. Or your striker will drop off for a cut back and he'll smash it along the face of goal... That kind of thing. But still created plenty of chances for us and will cause defenders problems.

That's why I'm a bit surprised by the deal, Adama kind of sounds like a young Adomah.. And kind of like Adomah if you changed the o to an a.

Still, hopefully he lives up to his promise. Karanka says he's known Adama since he was a kid.. Might be able to get the best from him.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:03 pm

The price for Sissoko is absurd, especially for a club that's meant to be penny pinching.

However, we desperately need pace and power in the team and he gives that in abundance with Dembele serving his time. He can turn defence into attack in a quick manner.

Benitez is the only manager he played under at Newcastle who's remotely good and he looked good under him.

A lot has been said about his perceived attitude problems, yet Benitez gave him the armband for some games, and I would be absolutely staggered if Poch and Levy hadn't had extensive discussions with Lloris about his dressing room presence. If Lloris had spoken poorly of him then I doubt Poch would have been interested. I can only hope that having his international captain in the dressing room will help him settle and get with the Pochettino culture, there's no room for slacking like there was at Newcastle.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:12 pm

I think there's 3 reasons there's a perception that his attitude is shit, one is that he has regularly talked about leaving since he arrived at the club, second is that it's a fashionable thing to do, when fans are pissed off saying a player isn't talented isn't harsh enough, they want something more personal. Colback for example, it seems trendy to call him a coward, he's not a coward, he's just a really bad footballer. Plus sometimes fans think because a player goes missing in games it's because they can't be arsed, which is wrong, it's often because they don't have the tactical sense or athleticism to keep up with the game so it passes them by.

I wouldn't say Sissoko lacked work ethic, I always thought he showed plenty of PGD, it's just that he's too thick to use it properly, far too much charging down blind alleys with the ball bouncing off his shin, followed by a scuffed shot or cross.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 am

Sunderland forgot to sign a striker, Borini out 3 months, only healthy striker is Defoe, and he has a bad hamstring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 pm