Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
RedDevil
BoBo Vieri 32
The Easter Bunny
The Pröfessör
bluenine
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
S4P
stinger
Xavier
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
Kroos
Murray
Super Progress
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
Deluded F*ck™
Jaime
shazlx
messiah
TheCrazy58
Pierre Littbarski
christmasborocooper
debaser
Pras_tama
Roger Hunt
Axeslammer
110%
Kimbo
Fey
Luis
38 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 31 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by stinger Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:16 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Valdes has signed. After Neven Subotic now they say
    So it's you who is after him. Yesterday Borussia posted a statement that Subotic left training camp to negotiate a move to a mysterious club. I have my doubts about him adjusting to Premier League, but I guess he would be a fairly big pick up for you.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Sure would. I'm not going tu pretend I watch enough anymore to what this guys like, what makes you think he'll struggle to adapt?
    stinger

Post by stinger Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:43 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Sure would. I'm not going tu pretend I watch enough anymore to what this guys like, what makes you think he'll struggle to adapt?
    Injury prone even in league with winter break, kind of soft for a CB, in general aften had a feeling that not only Hummels, but also Sokratis kind of made him a little bit overrated. Need a stronger and  more decisive (?) partner to make it work IMO in England.

Kind of wondering if his weaknesses will be less obvious or more obvious on team like Boro.

This is a decent article on him - http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/12/neven-subotic-is-borussia-dortmund-centre-back-an-upgrade-on-martin-skrtel/

Btw, this site seems to have some decent writers, they had a quality tactical preview of Liverpool-Villarreal matches for example.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Cheers I'll have a read. To be fair, Ayala is quite strong and decisive so that could suit.

Injury prone would certainly be a worry though
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:30 am

Ahmed Musa to Leicester is official. Attacking players from Russian/Ukrainian league has a horrid record in Premier League, but he seems to be actually decent. Plus he can cover multiple positions and should fit well in their counter attacking style.

Price is 16m pounds, much less than it was thrown around in January as well.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Pelle signs for a Chinese side, and West Ham have signed Gokhan Töre from Besiktas on a season long loan.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Football is so sick, those Pelle, de Rhoon and Janssen transfers are all borderline insanity.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:11 am

De Roon any good?
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:01 am

Saints buy Ibe for £15 million
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:50 am

Saints?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:23 pm

The Bournemouth Saints sign Ibe from the Liverpool Red Devils to be their wide receiver.

Leave him alone he's American.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:16 pm

lol!
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:55 am

lol!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 am

Negredo deal done.

Subotic deal off as he needs chest surgery presumably related to his thrombosis
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:33 am

West Ham looking at Ben Yedder from Tolouse.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:28 am

£25mil for Dutch Paulinho... Oh Liverpool.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:41 pm

I don't really get it, they have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, and Mane, so I can't see where he fits into their first team. He's basically Kevin Nolan with more skill but less character.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:14 pm

25 million for:
    Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 31 Grid-cell-17361-1402509354-19
    Doh 

That traitor piece is gettin away with relegation just like Fer did. I wonder why Pool are going for him, hell Gotze was for sale it seems.
    stinger

Post by stinger Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:09 pm

I really hope rumours about Everton joining the hunt to get Sissoko will prove to be just rumours. Especially with 35m pounds price tag.

Hoping Everton will dodge bullets like that with new DoF Steve Walsh in the club, he seems to have a good record and did well with Leicester.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm

stinger wrote:I really hope rumours about Everton joining the hunt to get Sissoko will prove to be just rumours. Especially with 35m pounds price tag.

Hoping Everton will dodge bullets like that with new DoF Steve Walsh in the club, he seems to have a good record and did well with Leicester.

How about Sissoko and Krul for £40m? Throw in Janmaat and make it 50? He's Dutch.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:17 pm

West Ham have agreed a deal for Jonathan Calleri from São Paulo
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Kimbo wrote:I don't really get it, they have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, and Mane, so I can't see where he fits into their first team. He's basically Kevin Nolan with more skill but less character.

It's not a popular signing amongst our fans if truth be told but then I guess this is the alternative to Gotze or Reus when you lose the game that would get you into the CL.

Assuming we offload Benteke, Allen and Balotelli that would give us roughly 50-60 million if you read the quoted figures. Add 15 mil for Ibe which takes it to 75 million.

Mane, Winaljdum, Grujic, Karius, Matip and this other centre back we signed this week costs roughly 60 million.

So we're still 15 million to the good before John Henry has even dipped into his pockets.

If we can get a left back and a centre mid we look good enough to compete for top 5 or 6 without European distractions and if we can keep our best players fit.

-------------------------Karius/Mignolet-------------------------------

Clyne/Flanagan--------Lovren/Matip------Sakho/Ragnan-------------Moreno-------------

-----------------------Can/Lucas-----------Milner/Grujic---------------------------

-----------------------Henderson/Lallana/Winaljdum----------------------------

---------Firmino/Mane--------------------------------Coutinho/Ings----------------

-----------------------------------Sturridge/Origi----------------------------------

We have a lot of attacking players that can all score goals and Sturridge can get 20 odd by himself if he miraculously stays fit for a season.

Midfield is fairly weak though still and big questions around Moreno and the keeper situation.

Few interesting youngsters to keep an eye on: Ojo, Woodburn, Rossiter
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:09 pm

He'll probably do a fine job as a squad player, it's just the transfer fee that looks out of proportion, but if you consider that transfer fee's for premier league clubs have basically doubled over the last 12 months it's probably not so bad and will look like a normal number soon enough. If you were signing him for 12/13 million it would be ok, our brains just need to adjust.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Yeah I agree - when Leicester bid 20 million for Troy Deeney I think we just have to accept inflation now.

Mane and Winalj scored 11 goals each last season so Klopp is probably just trying to maximise goals all over the pitch until we can get a big f**k off Suarez type player ever again.

The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:10 am

Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:I don't really get it, they have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, and Mane, so I can't see where he fits into their first team. He's basically Kevin Nolan with more skill but less character.

It's not a popular signing amongst our fans if truth be told but then I guess this is the alternative to Gotze or Reus when you lose the game that would get you into the CL.

Assuming we offload Benteke, Allen and Balotelli that would give us roughly 50-60 million if you read the quoted figures. Add 15 mil for Ibe which takes it to 75 million.

Mane, Winaljdum, Grujic, Karius, Matip and this other centre back we signed this week costs roughly 60 million.

So we're still 15 million to the good before John Henry has even dipped into his pockets.

If we can get a left back and a centre mid we look good enough to compete for top 5 or 6 without European distractions and if we can keep our best players fit.

-------------------------Karius/Mignolet-------------------------------

Clyne/Flanagan--------Lovren/Matip------Sakho/Ragnan-------------Moreno-------------

-----------------------Can/Lucas-----------Milner/Grujic---------------------------

-----------------------Henderson/Lallana/Winaljdum----------------------------

---------Firmino/Mane--------------------------------Coutinho/Ings----------------

-----------------------------------Sturridge/Origi----------------------------------

We have a lot of attacking players that can all score goals and Sturridge can get 20 odd by himself if he miraculously stays fit for a season.

Midfield is fairly weak though still and big questions around Moreno and the keeper situation.

Few interesting youngsters to keep an eye on: Ojo, Woodburn, Rossiter

Rossiter signed for Rangers in May ok

If we can field that team we'll win every game, but will it be fair on the opposition? Eventually someone will notice.

Grujic looks world class for his age Ale

Jon Flanagan is probably being loaned out to Burnley so Wisdom/Gomez will provide backup. We do need another left back, I'm not sure why we won't pay £10m for Ben Chilwell, looks a snip in the current climate. If Jonas "German" Hector was an option we'd have him by now. Maybe Andrew Robertson?

Sharabi Gunda Ale
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:45 am

Sunderland appointed Moyes. I would expect him to do rather well for them, maybe they will finally move to mid table with him.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:14 pm

stinger wrote:Sunderland appointed Moyes. I would expect him to do rather well for them, maybe they will finally move to mid table with him.

I'm hoping he will be another Martin O'Neill, he was supposed to do well with them as well. On paper he's a step up from Allardyce. Their problem of bring broke still remains though, I doubt he will be able to do much in the transfer market.
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    stinger wrote:Sunderland appointed Moyes. I would expect him to do rather well for them, maybe they will finally move to mid table with him.

I'm hoping he will be another Martin O'Neill, he was supposed to do well with them as well. On paper he's a step up from Allardyce. Their problem of bring broke still remains though, I doubt he will be able to do much in the transfer market.
    I rate Allardyce more than O'Neill, so for me it's different - he is upgrade comparing to O'Neill, not sure about Allardyce (but probably too).

And Moyes during his Everton years had very good record of getting quality players for small money. Not sure if this will be possible in currrent transfer market climate, but from Sunderland finances department perspective he is probably the best manager they could hope for.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Bacca rejects West Ham move, so West Ham are now targeting Simone Zaza.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:22 pm

stinger wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

I rate Allardyce more than O'Neill, so for me it's different - he is upgrade comparing to O'Neill, not sure about Allardyce (but probably too).

And Moyes during his Everton years had very good record of getting quality players for small money. Not sure if this will be possible in currrent transfer market climate, but from Sunderland finances department perspective he is probably the best manager they could hope for.

Back then O'Neill was rated higher than Allardyce has ever been, it was his first job after Villa, not to mention the fact he'd actually won things. Sunderland is usually death for managers, some old boys at the FA have helped Sam defy this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:01 pm