Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Di Caniooooo!
Kimbo
stinger
Luis
Murray
9 posters

Premier League Week 4 10-12 September

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League Week 4 10-12 September - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Week 4 10-12 September

Post by Kimbo Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Murray wrote:They should never have hired that numpty Moyes.

In every press conference he talks about that time he managed Everton, he seems bewildered by how things went to wrong.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Premier League Week 4 10-12 September - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Week 4 10-12 September

Post by stinger Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:25 am

It will take time, but I think Moyes will get things under control there. He has some serious flaws, but for Sunderland I definitely think his time at Everton is more adequate for comparison than United or Sociedad. IMO only big danger is Defoe injury, this could seriously cripple Sunderland and it's not like they have old Fellaini or Cahill to score from midfield.

Everton looking solid and new players are doing well so far, Gueye looks like early candidate for bargain of the season and Bolasie (even if he doesn't seem to know how to work with his full back) is a dangerous option out wide. Stekelenburg and Williams do well too.

I like Koeman no-nonsense style of coaching, like taking off Barkley at HT (or few weeks ago doing a sub before HT against WBA). Martinez would never do it.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:33 pm

That Sunderland squad from last season belongs in the championship, and if anything it got worse over the summer. Unless Denayer is good there isn't a single player there that will make a difference to a struggling team, even their record signing NDong, people in France couldn't believe someone was offering a decent fee for him, nevermind that much and that Djilobodji plays like a drunk Titus Bramble.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Kimbo wrote:That Sunderland squad from last season belongs in the championship, and if anything it got worse over the summer. Unless Denayer is good there isn't a single player there that will make a difference to a struggling team, even their record signing NDong, people in France couldn't believe someone was offering a decent fee for him, nevermind that much and that Djilobodji plays like a drunk Titus Bramble.
    Denayer is decent... but he is also young and won't provide leadership in the back Sunderland needs.

I don't think last season Sunderland squad was Championship material (looking at squad which finished Premier League, when Allardyce finally found a working system and players gelled properly), but I agree current one looks weaker. M'vila is a big loss and, even if I don't buy this argument about N'Dong (looks like typical Twitter nonsense of current era), he looks like a risky signing.

Still - possibly I will be very wrong about it, but after his Everton years I have a decent opinion on Moyes and I highly doubt he could fail in 3 jobs in a row. Worse manager bounced back somewhere (unless they are Owen Coyle), he should be able to do it as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:21 pm