Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
fcb
DD
Owen Thomas
theflyingfrenchman
The Easter Bunny
Machiavel
Tweesus
The Pröfessör
Parks lives
Romford Pele
110%
Kimbo
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Roger Hunt
Deluded F*ck™
christmasborocooper
20 posters

Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney on WPOTY list

Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney on WPOTY list - Page 2 Empty Re: Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney on WPOTY list

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm

what the hell has Pirlo done to deserve the award except for have 4 good weeks, if thats all the WPOY boils down to then it really is a shit award. because they is no why he has been better than say Roman this year
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney on WPOTY list - Page 2 Empty Re: Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney on WPOTY list

Post by Machiavel Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:49 pm

Messiah wrote:what the hell has Pirlo done to deserve the award except for have 4 good weeks, if thats all the WPOY boils down to then it really is a shit award. because they is no why he has been better than say Roman this year

My sentiments exactly.

also they 'refuse' to acknowledge performances from players who do not play in the big 3 leagues ..

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:03 pm

i can't believe i just saw this but no david villa, Jesus Christ now i'm not say he should win are anything like that but at least nominated
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:08 pm

Hnery will win it and he deserves it.
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Owen Thomas Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:08 pm

Henry? Laugh for what? he had a shite year.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:31 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:@rai

Yeh but he hasn't done anything interntionally or in Europe

Europe

- 6 goal in Europe this year (2006) .. 2 on his debut against Internazionale and a couple this season (2006/07)
    - Top Eredivisie goalscorer
    - I believe he is the youngest Dutchman to reach 50 goals in the Eredivisie (history) with the shortest amount of games

International

- 2 goals on his debut against Ireland
    - Top goalscorer in the UEFA U21 European Championships

Put this into context, did anyone really know who he was in May 2005??

He should have at least made the shortlist .. but sadly he does not play in Italy, Spain or England and did not feature in the World Cup

Hope the 'journalist' who vote in the European player of the Year, notice him.
    <Ale>

Good shout Rai. I'm backing you on this one.

Huntelaar should be in the nominees. Compared to quite a few players on there, KJH is more deserving of the nomination.
    His scoring average was higher than the amount of games he played. He scored for two teams (Heerenveen and Ajax), scored in his CL games against Inter, won the under 21 WC and was the player of the tournament. He did everything you could ask of him, and he always delivered and more. Did I mention his last second goal to keep Ajax in the cups too? And just missed out on the golden shoe as well (even though he only gets 1.5 points because of the mickey mouse league that is Eredivisie Rolling Eyes ).
    2005-2006 was the year of Huntelaar, yet he isn't even nominated.

Tweeds, what has Lampard done last year?
    That list mostly just mentions the big name players from the big clubs. Whether they deserve to be there is another issue entirely.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:56 am

Messiah, David Villa should get the Ballon d'Or now that Etoo is injured.

As for this one, there's no outstanding candidate so I think it should be a compensation year, and Henry should get it with Deco 2nd.
    SteveOoO

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2006-08-29

Post by SteveOoO Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:44 am

If Requelme hadn't been subed in 'that game' then he would have won it (and prob the WC) so he is my WPoTY but prob going to the Italian.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:07 am

the list just keeps getting worst, No Toni!!!!!!.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:49 am

Klose should be in with a shout. There's nothing he hasn't done which the rest have.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:10 am

I really don't know how these morons can keep leaving out Casillas. They even put Lehman ahead of him FFS! The only goalie in the world that anyone could claim is better than Casillas is Buffon. Lehman has a season where he doesn't do anything stupid for once (though you could always think about the CL final) and he gets nominated.

FUCK FIFA! Evil or Very Mad
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:46 am

well no Toni and Villa, but Drogba?

anyways, Henry will probably win it for having good results in both the CL and WC.

I suppose it also depends on what happens now. If Ronaldinho has a great 4-5 weeks now against Sevilla, Chelsea (2x), RM and then the world club cup then he will win it.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:58 am

They should just take the top few players from each league for the nominations.

So who were the top 2-3 players of the season in each league?

I guess in EPL it was Gerrard and Henry (one got PFA and one got writers).

In La liga? Dinho, Etoo?
    Seria A? Toni, Kaka?
    Bundesliga? Klose, Ballack?

I am guessing the above

Then factor in the CL:
    Etoo, Dinho, Marquez, Henry, Lehman etc

Then factor in the world cup's top performers: buffon, cannavaro, klose, henry, marquez (for me Wink) etc

Out of all of these it looks like it should be Henry. People say cannavaro but he was nothing special during the season, and especially in the CL, and is playing very poorly at the start of this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:28 am