Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Since 1888
Dwarf
Deano
mongrel hawk
Nightwing
Kimbo
bluenine
TM
Super Progress
christmasborocooper
golsud
Axeslammer
debaser
Rosy
Hardrada
Batman
Oleguerisntthatbad
Superpippa
The Easter Bunny
La Saeta Rubia
Keano Is God
Deluded F*ck™
Effenberg
Brian2468
COTR
Ricardo Jol
Puro
Isco Benny
theflyingfrenchman
chrissicross
robert
The Pröfessör
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Calidad
Fey
Romford Pele
Machiavel
Tweesus
Football Genius
Lordanger
Mistletoe.
Owen Thomas
TITO
TheCrazy58
Tom
fcb
toon h
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
53 posters

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 13 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by Parks lives Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:16 pm

I just guessed because he's favourite player is Messi, he pays no real attention to Spanish games and he raves about Heinze.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 13 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:16 pm

Messiah wrote:NO

You're english aren't you Laughing
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:18 pm

Great win guys, truly deserved. Good first half from us, but the second, Doh , why they played like that, i really cant figure it out. And as for Ronaldinho and his rise of form... lol! .
    So, im saying this for a time now, he must be selled. Its nopt about his form or not, he simply doesnt want to play anymore, he need new challenge, and Barcelona cannot give him that anymore. Sell him as soon as possible so we can get some ridiculous money for him. And buy KAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:19 pm

I think he maybe either an arab or asian.
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:19 pm

Unlucky Barca Ale I think it's fair to say you guys dominated the possession, but we had the chances and boy did I shit myself as I saw chance after chance being wasted at 1-0 Embarassed

I still think you'll beat us in the Camp Nou and I hope you don't begrudge me when I say I think the best team won on the night. Our discipline and defense throughout the night was second-to-none.

Great strike from Drogba, and I thought it would take something special to beat you on the night. By the way, Valdes is a top keeper ok I don't know why he gets so much criticism.

Unlucky lads, but I still think you'll win the last 3 games Ale
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Post by Hardrada Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:20 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:
    Messiah wrote:this is so fucking depressing.

Well what did you expect.

Bara never beat Chelsea when they have 11 men on the pitch Laughing

Yes they have Doh

Rivaldo ..

Babayaro got sent off that night.

I think Barcelona beat us with 11 men in the 60s though.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:24 pm

S4P wrote:Unlucky Barca Ale I think it's fair to say you guys dominated the possession, but we had the chances and boy did I shit myself as I saw chance after chance being wasted at 1-0 Embarassed

I still think you'll beat us in the Camp Nou and I hope you don't begrudge me when I say I think the best team won on the night. Our discipline and defense throughout the night was second-to-none.

Great strike from Drogba, and I thought it would take something special to beat you on the night. By the way, Valdes is a top keeper ok I don't know why he gets so much criticism.

Cheers for the kind words.. but Chelsea fully deserved the 3 points today.. As for the Camp Nou, I am sure that the players will be more motivated and attacking now that we lost the game today and that we have Werder breathing down our necks Wink.. Hopefully we will meet again after that in the final.. (expect you lot to take care of Liverpool)..
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:25 pm

Ratings:

Hilario - 7: Didn't have too much to do, but did well in everything he did.

Boulahrouz - 8: Did a superb job on Dinho tonight. Didn't let him get by once.
    Carvalho - 7: Sound performance, some good blocks and great tackles.
    Terry - 7: Dominant in the air as usual, and did a sound job.
    Cole - 7: Perhaps the weakest one of the back 4, but only recovered yesterday. Sound game.

Makelele - 8: Protected the back 4 superbly.
    Essien - 9: Absolutely stunning performance from Essien imo. Wasted a glorious chance though.
    Lampard - 8: Helped out the defence very well, and was good going forward.
    Ballack - 7: Perhaps the weakest of the back 4, but he hasn't played for Chelsea in a few weeks. Did a good job though.

Shevchenko - 6: Not a great game from Sheva, but did OK. Could quite easily have had 2 goals tonight though.
    Drogba - 9: MOTM. Not just for his goal, but his overall teamwork was superb. Despite only being passed fit yesterday, and suffering a couple of kicks and elbows in the 1st half, he carried on and was immense 2nd half.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:25 pm

Agooner wrote:S4P

Trust me, u are going to beat barca tonight, real good too.

@ S4P

<Ale>

though it was just 1-0, i think u gave them a real good beating
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:27 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:
    S4P wrote:Unlucky Barca Ale I think it's fair to say you guys dominated the possession, but we had the chances and boy did I shit myself as I saw chance after chance being wasted at 1-0 Embarassed

Cheers for the kind words.. but Chelsea fully deserved the 3 points today.. As for the Camp Nou, I am sure that the players will be more motivated and attacking now that we lost the game today and that we have Werder breathing down our necks Wink.. Hopefully we will meet again after that in the final.. (expect you lot to take care of Liverpool)..

That is if we meet Liverpool of course. Wink

I said when the draw was made, during the Chelsea-Barcelona clashes, the home team would win both games. I am 1/2 way there, although I hope, from our perspective, that I am wrong with the next one.

By the way, nice of your website to have put the score down as Chelsea 0-1 Barcelona Whistle (in the bit which says next match). Plus, that badge expired over a year ago now Wink <Ale>
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:27 pm

Drogba Essien then Boulahrouz in that order were my best players:k:

That time Essien carried the ball through and had Drogga and chevy on either side why oh why did he not pass..... cheers
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:29 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Agooner wrote:S4P

Trust me, u are going to beat barca tonight, real good too.

@ S4P

<Ale>

though it was just 1-0, i think u gave them a real good beating

Very Happy Ale

I have a Chelsea flag now (they were given out free at the stadium) that I have hung up by the window. Fortunately I'm on the 2nd floor of a block of flats so unless you're the height of Crouch or Makalamby, it should be quite safe Wink
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:30 pm

Essien can hold onto the ball cover lots of ground and tackles....Brilliant player.<Ale>

Post by Guest Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:30 pm

Barca ratings

Valdez-7

Zambo-6
    Puyol-8
    Marquez-8
    Gio-7

the defense isn't to be blamed

Edmilson-7(thought he should have came off for iniesta but did is job well)

Xavi-3
    Deco-1
    Dinho-1
    Messi-6
    Guddy-2

Subs

Iniesta-7
    Guily-7
    Ole-8
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:31 pm

Brian3-5-2 wrote:Drogba Essien then Boulahrouz in that order were my best players:k:

That time Essien carried the ball through and had Drogga and chevy on either side why oh why did he not pass..... cheers

It was so frustrating (probably more so if you're watching it on tele though I guess).

Drogba had a glorious chance, which Valdes (who I thought played well) did excellently with.

Sheva might have had 2 tonight. Ballack with the header right on half time.

Lampard should've done better with his shot.

It was nice to see us create so many chances tonight, especially as it's against the best side in Europe, but our problem all season has been not converting chances. Jose really needs to work on this tonight.

By the way, with all due respect, I think tonight proved why I don't think Dinho would be anywhere near as much of a success in the Prem Ale
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:33 pm

Barcelona ratings:

Valdés: 8 did well and not at fault at the goal

Zambrotta: 5 shaky in defense and invisible in attack

Puyol: 7 Crucial tackles but got duped by Drogba when he scored

Márquez:: 6 ok, but a lot of stupid passes

Gio: 4 Failed to support Dinho

Edmílson: 3 failed to support the midfield and to pass the ball

Deco: 5 Alright at times, but failed to win the ball

Xavi: 4 Disappeared

Ronaldinho: 3 apart for one or two little things he was dominated by Boula and should have moved more to avoid the marking..

Messi: 7 Good movement and passing

Gudjohnsen: 5 Not in the game, but helped out defensively

Giuly: 6 Horrible movement from his fellow players did not allow him to enter in the game, but did bring a little to the attack

Iniesta: 5 Failed to link up with the others

Oleguer: 9.5 Only a goal could have improved his sterling display. solid, calm, dependable..
    Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Rosy Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:34 pm

Messiah wrote:Barca ratings

Valdez-7

Zambo-6
    Puyol-8
    Marquez-8
    Gio-7

Xavi-3
    Deco-1
    Dinho-1
    Messi-6
    Guddy-2

Subs

Iniesta-7
    Guily-7
    Ole-8

I think 1 for Deco and 'Dinho' is going a bit too far!
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:34 pm

Messiah wrote:Barca ratings

Valdez-7

Zambo-6
    Puyol-8
    Marquez-8
    Gio-7

Xavi-3
    Deco-1
    Dinho-1
    Messi-6
    Guddy-2

Subs

Iniesta-7
    Guily-7
    Ole-8

I think that's a bit harsh. My ratings of Barca would be:

Valdes - 7

Zambro - 6
    Puyol - 7
    Marquez - 8
    Gio - 7

Edmilson - 6
    Xavi - 5
    Deco - 5

Dinho - 4
    Messi - 7
    Guddy - 5
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:35 pm

Oleguer: 9.5 Only a goal could have improved his sterling display. solid, calm, dependable..

Laughing Ale
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:36 pm

By the way, with all due respect, I think tonight proved why I don't think Dinho would be anywhere near as much of a success in the Prem

@....S4P there is many so called greatest players over the years that would not be that great in the EPL...... <Ale>
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:39 pm

Brian3-5-2 wrote:
    By the way, with all due respect, I think tonight proved why I don't think Dinho would be anywhere near as much of a success in the Prem

@....S4P there is many so called greatest players over the years that would not be that great in the EPL...... <Ale>

I know, but there was talk before (on here) about how well would Dinho do in the Prem. Ale

Post by Guest Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:43 pm

what did deco do but fall every 60 seasons.

Dinho was decent for 5 mins in the first have

the 1 for both stands.

Xavi was ok but should have tested the keep with his shoot-5

Guddy was exactly is he good at i know he has a good footballing brain, but he is good at as a striker.

He doesn't lead the line

He has crap positioning

No pace

We give as good was be got if not edged it, and were was he no where

The 2 stands
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:46 pm

A fair summary of the match I think, from the Guardian site.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2006/10/18/chelsea_beat_barcelona_not_man.html
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:53 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:A fair summary of the match I think, from the Guardian site.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2006/10/18/chelsea_beat_barcelona_not_man.html

"That said, Chelsea won, proving that good old-fashioned British grit, determination and endeavour will always win out against sophisticated continental fancy-dannery"

Makes me sick ... Potuguese manager, and a grand total of 3 English players on the pitch.. bah..
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:18 pm

Theres nothing sweeter than watch messiah eat humble pie whilst wripping apart his own team Laughing
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:A fair summary of the match I think, from the Guardian site.

"That said, Chelsea won, proving that good old-fashioned British grit, determination and endeavour will always win out against sophisticated continental fancy-dannery"

Makes me sick ... Potuguese manager, and a grand total of 3 English players on the pitch.. bah..

Yes, but the punchline is;'Except when it doesn't, obviously.' Smiley
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:23 pm

I just hate the whole British grit thing.. gets under my skin every time.. Dunkerque was 66 years ago!!!
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:I just hate the whole British grit thing.. gets under my skin every time.. Dunkerque was 66 years ago!!!

Its just an excuse we have to make up for our complete lack of technique Wink
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:I just hate the whole British grit thing.. gets under my skin every time.. Dunkerque was 66 years ago!!!

Well I have to say I rather enjoy the aftermath when things go pear shaped Twisted Evil . This year's World Cup was a good example, as was most of last week post Macedonia/Croatia debacle. And oh the defeat vs Northern Ireland of course.
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:36 pm

S4P wrote:Ratings:

Hilario - 7: Didn't have too much to do, but did well in everything he did.

Boulahrouz - 8: Did a superb job on Dinho tonight. Didn't let him get by once.
    Carvalho - 7: Sound performance, some good blocks and great tackles.
    Terry - 7: Dominant in the air as usual, and did a sound job.
    Cole - 7: Perhaps the weakest one of the back 4, but only recovered yesterday. Sound game.

Makelele - 8: Protected the back 4 superbly.
    Essien - 9: Absolutely stunning performance from Essien imo. Wasted a glorious chance though.
    Lampard - 8: Helped out the defence very well, and was good going forward.
    Ballack - 7: Perhaps the weakest of the back 4, but he hasn't played for Chelsea in a few weeks. Did a good job though.

Shevchenko - 6: Not a great game from Sheva, but did OK. Could quite easily have had 2 goals tonight though.
    Drogba - 9: MOTM. Not just for his goal, but his overall teamwork was superb. Despite only being passed fit yesterday, and suffering a couple of kicks and elbows in the 1st half, he carried on and was immense 2nd half.

WTF?

I counted about 6 easy kicks he fluffed into the crowd. Awful keeper made to look good by Barcas impotent attacks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:52 am