Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Since 1888
Dwarf
Deano
mongrel hawk
Nightwing
Kimbo
bluenine
TM
Super Progress
christmasborocooper
golsud
Axeslammer
debaser
Rosy
Hardrada
Batman
Oleguerisntthatbad
Superpippa
The Easter Bunny
La Saeta Rubia
Keano Is God
Deluded F*ck™
Effenberg
Brian2468
COTR
Ricardo Jol
Puro
Isco Benny
theflyingfrenchman
chrissicross
robert
The Pröfessör
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Calidad
Fey
Romford Pele
Machiavel
Tweesus
Football Genius
Lordanger
Mistletoe.
Owen Thomas
TITO
TheCrazy58
Tom
fcb
toon h
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
53 posters

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 28 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by Rosy Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:30 pm

Rosy wrote:
    cule wrote:Barça are more football than Manchester United.

18 leagues and 2 Champions League, that's how Barça & Liverpool fans like to end discussions Very Happy

Don't Liverpool have 18 leagues and 5 Champion's leagues/EC?

Of course Liverpool don't have any Premierships Wink
    L r d

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 28 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:31 pm

Rosy wrote:
    Rosy wrote:

18 leagues and 2 Champions League, that's how Barça & Liverpool fans like to end discussions Very Happy

Yeah... well... We all know it's just the first division title with a different name Smile
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Owen Thomas Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:32 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Rosy wrote:
    Rosy wrote:

Yeah... well... We all know it's just the first division title with a different name Smile

But it changed SO LONG AGO Obispo Laughing
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:32 pm

just watching the Shakhtar goals now...

Jadson freekick Very Happy
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 pm

Where were you MB Chelsea fans? Chelsea gave back tickets to Barça according to El Mundo Deportivo (more reliable than BBC).

Met two pleasant Chelsea fans in the pub today, they didn't get abused or anything.

Well I'm off to drink beer and forgot about the disaster tonight.

VISCA EL BARÇA (and why not?) VISCA CATALUNYA!

PUTA MADRID!
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:34 pm

@cule

Just let them gloat.. seems all the pastic fans are out tonight, hurrying to congratulate Chelsea and their "amazingly fair play" team..

Tomorrow

COTR = COTM
    Cesc-Fab = Drog-Fab
    Obispo = Chelsea till I die

etc etc

Wink
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:34 pm

cule wrote:Where were you MB Chelsea fans? Chelsea gave back tickets to Barça according to El Mundo Deportivo (more reliable than BBC).

Met two pleasant Chelsea fans in the pub today, they didn't get abused or anything.

Well I'm off to drink beer and forgot about the disaster tonight.

VISCA EL BARÇA (and why not?) VISCA CATALUNYA!

PUTA MADRID!
    In Belgium.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:35 pm

And an even better goal for Fernandinho by the looks of it. Judging by the highlights Shakhtar absolutely battered Valencia.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:36 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:@cule

Just let them gloat.. seems all the pastic fans are out tonight, hurrying to congratulate Chelsea and their "amazingly fair play" team..

Tomorrow

COTR = COTM
    Cesc-Fab = Drog-Fab

etc etc

Wink

Oleguerisntthatbad = Barcaisntthatbadreallydespitewhatourresultsagainstchelseamaysuggest Wink
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:36 pm

VISCA CHELSEA, VISCA BREMEN

And VISCA UEFA CUP !
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:37 pm

WANTED

Messiah

Lost: After first Chelsea Champions League defeat.
    Reward: None. If you find him, chuck him down a well.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:37 pm

Obispo wrote:Did Ronnie choke again?

No. he is no riquelme who has sent his team out of europe for the past two seasons.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:38 pm

Tomorrow

COTR = COTM
    Cesc-Fab = Drog-Fab

etc etc

Wink
    Laugh I am genuinly laughing.

Guys I know you hate Chelsea bad but you have Levski to play (should be 3 points) and Bremen.

It is still in your hands.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:38 pm

Obispo wrote:And an even better goal for Fernandinho by the looks of it. Judging by the highlights Shakhtar absolutely battered Valencia.

Not surprised, they have lots of injured players. Vicente, Baraja, Albelda, Del Horno, Gavilan ...
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:39 pm

Obispo wrote:

Tomorrow

COTR = COTM
    Cesc-Fab = Drog-Fab

etc etc

Wink

Oleguerisntthatbad = Barcaisntthatbadreallydespitewhatourresultsagainstchelseamaysuggest Wink

lol!

I honestly think that Oleguer would have been a better choice at right back today.. still not convinced by zambrotta..
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:39 pm

Owen Thomas wrote:WANTED

Messiah

Lost: After first Chelsea Champions League defeat.
    Reward: None. If you find him, chuck him down a well.

lol! He will turn up when Barça win a title, so dont expect him back anytime soon Wink
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:40 pm

I know both sides are blaming the reff, and i agree he should have controlled the game a little bit but it's extremely difficult to reff games of this magnitude.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:40 pm

Pardon my ignorance but what has happened to Belletti.

Injured, unfancied by Rijkaard or in pernament display at the FC Barcelona museum. Wink
    Rosy
    Rosy

Post by Rosy Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:41 pm

Tomorrow

COTR = COTM
    Cesc-Fab = Drog-Fab

etc etc

Wink

It was probably a fair result in the end so what are you complaining about? Sadly I can't afford to go to many home matches let alone fly to Spain for a game. None of the above are plastic Chelsea fans they are all usually very critical of Chelsea. Perhaps they are just speaking the truth?
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:41 pm

Man, I'd love to see Madrid play Chelsea. Wouldn't that be a sight.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:42 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Obispo wrote:Did Ronnie choke again?

No. he is no riquelme who has sent his team out of europe for the past two seasons.

Champions League Goals 2006-2007

Peter Crouch - 3
    Luis Garcia - 3
    Thierry "pleez giv meh le 'eimlich manoova' Rober'" Henry - 1
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:42 pm

Cesc-Fab wrote:Pardon my ignorance but what has happened to Belletti.

Injured, unfancied by Rijkaard or in pernament display at the FC Barcelona museum. Wink

He played a decent game against Recreativo this weekend, he fell victim to Rijkaard's, now infamous, rotation policy. He would be my first choice everytime Messi started and Oleguer for the matches with Giuly.. Zambrotta needs to get his act together..
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:42 pm

Agooner wrote:I know both sides are blaming the reff, and i agree he should have controlled the game a little bit but it's extremely difficult to reff games of this magnitude.

As I have already said I agree. People expecting the ref to pick out the Marquez/Carvalho stamps are living in a dream world where they are all powerful, all seeing.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:42 pm

Cesc-Fab wrote:Pardon my ignorance but what has happened to Belletti.

I think injured.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:43 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:
    Obispo wrote:And an even better goal for Fernandinho by the looks of it. Judging by the highlights Shakhtar absolutely battered Valencia.

Not surprised, they have lots of injured players. Vicente, Baraja, Albelda, Del Horno, Gavilan ...

All well and good but Shakhtar were missing their captain and best player. They had Chygrynsky starting just his second ever european game at centreback and had Srna - who's only just returned from injury - at rightback...
    Rosy
    Rosy

Post by Rosy Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:44 pm

Agooner wrote:I know both sides are blaming the reff, and i agree he should have controlled the game a little bit but it's extremely difficult to reff games of this magnitude.

Yes and he has a huge crowd on his back as well. It's very difficult. I thought it was funny when the ref didn't give a penalty for the foul on Maca. The commentator said "he could have bottled it and given an indirect free kick." Well actually he did bottle it and gave nothing at all lol!
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:45 pm

Obispo wrote:
    La Saeta Rubia wrote:

All well and good but Shakhtar were missing their captain and best player. They had Chygrynsky starting just his second ever european game at centreback and had Srna - who's only just returned from injury - at rightback...
    Were you channel hoping all night Obi?
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:47 pm

Now I have had a chance to calm down, I would like to add a contribution. I hope nobody is offended by what I say, I don't want to get involved in any arguments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Barcelona fans, you have my deepest sympathy on how the match ended, it was unfair on you that the match ended in such a cruel way.

But I think defeat would've been cruel for Chelsea, who were excellent 2nd half.

No doubt who played the better football throughout the match, but Chelsea created the better chances. Had either of Ballack's shots been on target, they would've been in, same with Robben's chance, and Valdes made brilliant saves from Essien and Robben.

We should also have had 2 penalties tonight, and Marquez committed 2 RED CARD offences (1 in each half). I think Ricardo Carvalho should've been sent off too, so that probably evens it out.

I have to say, I agree with Mourinho on one thing. I do think Barca is a very lucky team. When you go to the Camp Nou, the moment a Barca player hits the floor, the referee blows his whistle. Cruel, but that's the way it is I guess. I have no idea what "Mr Cool" Rijkaard was complaining about, but had that been Mourinho, people would've been up-in-arms.

Very comfortable 2nd half for Chelsea really. Other than pick the ball out of his net, I think the only time Hilario was called into action was to take goal kicks/hit pass backs. Barcelona were deservedly in front by half time, having been the better team by far, but Chelsea were the better team in the 2nd half.

Both the goals came from mistakes by Boulahrouz. The man who was probably the best player on the park at Stamford Bridge was the worst player on the park (in my opinion) at the Camp Nou. Another great performance from Valdes in the Barcelona goal, and Hilario did well to save from Xavi. Neither goalkeeper could do anything about the goals.

Great 2nd half, unfortunately not a great referee. Lampard is now (deservedly) suspended for Bremen.

Man of the match? Between Deco and Lampard for me. Deco had a great 1st half, but Frank had an awesome 2nd. I know this may seem bias, but I'd say Frank edged it, and it's nice after all the shit he's received from fans to return to his very best form. When he is on his game, I think he is a world class midfielder.

Brilliant match though, and I would like to apologise to the cules for the manner in which the game ended, and I hope they haven't taken offence to my post.

Ale
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:47 pm

Rosy wrote:

Tomorrow

COTR = COTM
    Cesc-Fab = Drog-Fab

etc etc

Wink

It was probably a fair result in the end so what are you complaining about? Sadly I can't afford to go to many home matches let alone fly to Spain for a game. None of the above are plastic Chelsea fans they are all usually very critical of Chelsea. Perhaps they are just speaking the truth?

They just love it when the Dunkerque "battle till the end" Championship semi-rugby English footballing style prevails..

" We showed those continentals tonight what England is all about, cheating cunts"

Wink
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Cesc-Fab wrote:
    Obispo wrote:
    La Saeta Rubia wrote:

Were you channel hoping all night Obi?

Nope. I just made sure I caught sight of their line-up before the Liverpool match started. Didn't think to tape it either because of the Barca match. I'll have to download it when it comes on UkraniaTV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:30 am