Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Brian2468
blutgraetsche
Hardrada
DD
Football Genius
Glenarch of the Glen
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
What hype?
Tom
The-Frank-Tavern
Keano Is God
Tweesus
COTR
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
christmasborocooper
Sheffield gunner
22 posters

Terry named England Captain

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Terry named England Captain - Page 6 Empty Re: Terry named England Captain

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rQemX9Osk

What a clown
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:26 pm

Do you reckon that 'goal' was better than Beckham's against Wimbledon? I thought the vision and the fact that he hit the ball on the run made it technically a more difficult shot... as I recall Beckham wasn't under any pressure when he teed up the wonder goal.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:34 pm

No, nowhere close and thats not because Beckham was playing for Man United.

Any decent keeper would of caught the ball.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Tweedledum wrote:Henry add weight to our King V terry arguement:

Thierry Henry has given England manager Steve McClaren food for thought by naming Ledley King as the only defender who can get the better of him without fouling.
    The Arsenal skipper has been the Barclays Premiership’s number one striker for a number of seasons and is arguably the best in the world.

But the Frenchman admitted he had not always come out on top in derby clashes with Tottenham Hotspur captain King, who was used only occasionally in the national team by previous England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

He said: “I don’t like defenders who hold the shirts of other players. The only defender here who doesn’t do that and sometimes still gets the ball off my feet easily is Ledley King.

“He is the only guy who doesn’t hold players. He will get the ball off you without you even noticing. For me, that is a good defender.

“He plays without any contact yet is somehow still strong and gets the ball without doing any fouls.”

Take it that rules out any Italian defender then...

seriously, the whole idea of defending is to be as nasty and dirty as possible to put off the striker- the Italians have been doing it for years to great effect, and Im sure Henry has scored a fair few goals in North London derbies, including one from inside his own half galloping around 5 or 6 players...

Ledley is a great player no doubt, but because he is "quite nice" and doesnt foul means sh!t- he'll still come up against striker like Inzaghi who wil con the ref at every opportunity. I'd actually like English players to be far more dirty if needs be, instead of crying everytime another side cons them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:44 pm