Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Super Milanista!
ArthurFriedenreich
Machiavel
A & K
chelsea-allstars
TheCrazy58
Tweesus
Sgoater1
theflyingfrenchman
DD
Sheffield gunner
Murray
Napoléon
La Saeta Rubia
bluenine
Hardrada
Deano
Pirlo
22 posters

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

L r d

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 10 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by L r d Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:44 pm

Where does Montolivo play for the U21s, as a trequartista or in the Pirlo role?
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 10 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by Pirlo Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Obispo wrote:Where does Montolivo play for the U21s, as a trequartista or in the Pirlo role?

It was a different tactic against Spain.

We have TWO players who sat in front of the defence - Nocerino and Aquilani who dictated, plus two strikers - Palladino and Pelle, Rosina played wider, and there was a lot of inter-changing between Montolivo and Rosina, i guess because Rosina can also play in the centre, and Montolivo likes to hold and drop deeper to gain the ball and dictate.

H is support play means he usually sits depper, he 'stays' in one position while the play moves around him, depending on the play really depends where he is in relation to the pitch for example if the play is in the opponents are then he will play 'deeper', but if Italy are counter-attacking, he will be more advanced.

Incredible goal, fantastic technique.
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Number of posts : 1774
    Supports : Milan (IE: Rossoneri, Diavoli)
    Registration date : 2006-10-10

Post by Super Milanista! Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:07 pm

great goals, thanks for the clip i watched them. THough i need to find one were i can put it one my i-pod.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Supperpippo wrote:Pirlo are you studying sports journalism or something?

Ciao Pippo!

I have no qualifications in medias or sports 'journalism', i didn't study those subjects at university, Pippo why do you ask?
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:10 pm

Oh, it's just how detailed you write... it's brilliant.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:20 pm

Supperpippo wrote:Oh, it's just how detailed you write... it's brilliant.

Embarassed

Pippo! This is an incredible compliment for me, i am touched by your kind words, seriously there are many great posters on these boards, i am sure when you have spent the time with us, you will show us that you yourself are without doubt a great assest to our Italian poster family!

We are all students of the game, we love to learn about systems and why footballers behave on the pitch and how we can change games, how we can make best use of our resources. We must study to game to understand football, we must know about these players and leagues around the world, to learn from them and to improve our own team and sport!
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:25 pm

Thanks, i hope to improve it's not easy to be so precise but as i watch more calcio i learn a lot more. And when i talk to everyone on this site. It's great and a great experience to talk with other people who support the same team as you.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:33 pm

Yes, i agree!

It is always good to expand our 'Milan' community. And always fantastic to learn through talking and debating with others - many people can see the same match but all can have different opinions and beliefs.

We now have THREE Milan supporters here! <Ale>
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:42 pm

Great, but we need more. This place is ruled by the priemiership and La Liga supporters. There has to be more cheers
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:26 am

Great goal by Montolivo. I love this guy - hes just about my favourite Italian player since the days of Baggio - don't know why exactly, just hope the guy continues to progress as he has been ok
    Superpippa
    Superpippa

Number of posts : 65
    Supports : AS ROMA!!!!!!!!!! love milan and palermo too
    Favourite Player : student
    Registration date : 2006-10-16

Post by Superpippa Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:29 pm

hey i am also part of the milan community lol
    well overall roma is my team! but milan hold a strong place in my heart
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:41 pm

Superpippa wrote:hey i am also part of the milan community lol

Finally a Romanista! Wink
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:42 pm

Bloody heck not another 1 who likes Milan Wink

FORZA DORIA!!!
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:43 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:Bloody heck not another 1 who likes Milan Wink

FORZA DORIA!!!

But one who likes Milan and Palermo! Deano, you are surrounded! Wink
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Pirlo wrote:
    italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:Bloody heck not another 1 who likes Milan Wink

FORZA DORIA!!!

But one who likes Milan and Palermo! Deano, you are surrounded! Wink

just saw that Shocked

Damn! we've gotta knock Palermo out the coppa italia Wink
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:36 am

Too many pippo fans surprisingly, but good to see more italian posters here... welcome aboard!

Superpippa wrote:hey i am also part of the milan community lol
    Superpippa
    Superpippa

Number of posts : 65
    Supports : AS ROMA!!!!!!!!!! love milan and palermo too
    Favourite Player : student
    Registration date : 2006-10-16

Post by Superpippa Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:07 pm

thanks everyone!
    and sorry deano but i dont think palermo will be knocked out Wink
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Amauri up for grabs

In-form Palermo striker Amauri is sensationally at the centre of an international tug of war between Brazil and Italy.

The 26-year-old, who moved to the Sicilian club from Chievo in the summer, netted a brace against Fiorentina to help his club join Inter at the top of the table, having also scored against Milan last week.

The Brazilian will soon obtain an Italian passport, which would allow him to play for the Nazionale, but reports in Italy suggest that Seleçao Coach Dunga is also tracking Amauri.

Roberto Donadoni has admitted he would have no problem in calling-up Amauri, just like his predecessors did with the Argentine Mauro Camoranesi.

“If the rules allow me to do so, I would see no problem in using what I consider a great player,” said the Coach.

“My assistant Buso was in Florence and he told me about the two goals and the many opportunities created by Amauri.

“We know that he is an interesting player and we will continue to observe him in the future,” explained the Azzurri boss.

Amauri, who arrived in Italy in 2000, has scored five times since moving to Palermo and his preference is to wear the Brazilian outfit.

In any case, it seems clear that his former Coach Bepi Pillon’s prediction will soon come true, as he had once told Amauri that he would one day play international football
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:31 pm

Amauri is a great player, and yesterday we played exceptionally well! Though he seems to be confused whether he wants to play for Italy or Brazil... A few weeks ago he said he wanted italian citizenship and then the other day he siad it would be his dream to play for Brazil! Which one is it? Wichever country gets him, will be one lucky country
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:44 pm

Amauri has the talent to become another Toni, but he is not there yet.... lets see him have one season of 20+ goals in serie A first.

Poor guy, tho. The two countries he could play for have the highest number of international class strikers!!! If he were english, he would ve been the main striker for the national team by now!!!

Supperpippo wrote:Amauri is a great player, and yesterday we played exceptionally well! Though he seems to be confused whether he wants to play for Italy or Brazil... A few weeks ago he said he wanted italian citizenship and then the other day he siad it would be his dream to play for Brazil! Which one is it? Wichever country gets him, will be one lucky country
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:03 pm

Nooo... not the Amauri over-hype. He's found his level at Palermo. Pellissier was better last year people!

I don't dislike Amauri, but I don't see why he should be getting a look-in ahead of Italian strikers like Di Michele and Rocchi.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:19 pm

IMO Amauri is more talented than Rocchi... if he realises his potential, he could become a Toni... I used to think this Amauri thing was pure hype till last season, but I saw him in 4 games this season and was very impressed... but there are at least 5 Italian strikers ahead of him at the mo, so it can only happen in a friendly game to "cup-tie" the player...

Obispo wrote:Nooo... not the Amauri over-hype. He's found his level at Palermo. Pellissier was better last year people!

I don't dislike Amauri, but I don't see why he should be getting a look-in ahead of Italian strikers like Di Michele and Rocchi.
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:54 pm

It's unfair to cup-tie the lad though.

Adriano and Ronaldo are so far out of sorts it's depressing to watch. Oliveria isn't scoring and Sobis, whilst getting a few goals of his own, is playing for a struggling Real Betis side.

That just leaves Fred for Amauri to displace - surely he could get a few games for Brazil.

...Portugal are crying out for a player like him IMHO. He should check is ancestory - he may get lucky.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:56 pm

Fair-schmear! Thats even more reason to cup-tie the lad, so that Brazil keep struggling and Portugal keep using Pauleta Wink

Obispo wrote:It's unfair to cup-tie the lad though.

Adriano and Ronaldo are so far out of sorts it's depressing to watch. Oliveria isn't scoring and Sobis, whilst getting a few goals of his own, is playing for a struggling Real Betis side.

That just leaves Fred for Amauri to displace - surely he could get a few games for Brazil.

...Portugal are crying out for a player like him IMHO. He should check is ancestory - he may get lucky.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 pm

Apologies to everyone the Azzurri posters that our 'meeting' for the France and Lithuania games at Bar Italia failed to materialise.

Nevermind though, let us try and sort something out for next year and our crucial qualifiers.

Is everybody still interested in the idea of an evening in London to watch Italy? Obviously we have to arrange a location and time that is accessible and convenient to our Italian posters on here, Deano i would imagine you live relatively close to me so i don't think that would be a problem, but for the others there is more concern.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Pirlo wrote:Apologies to everyone the Azzurri posters that our 'meeting' for the France and Lithuania games at Bar Italia failed to materialise.

Nevermind though, let us try and sort something out for next year and our crucial qualifiers.

Is everybody still interested in the idea of an evening in London to watch Italy? Obviously we have to arrange a location and time that is accessible and convenient to our Italian posters on here, Deano i would imagine you live relatively close to me so i don't think that would be a problem, but for the others there is more concern.

I live in Dagenham mate....So I think its only a train ride from you....
    Im up for watching one of our matches next year okAle
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:44 pm

Yes that would be good! <Ale>

Dagenham, i will look this up on a map and see, i only really know the area where i personally live but you say Essex and i know that is near because we have 'Lakeside' a shopping centre near us not far, and they say that is in Essex?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:30 pm

Pirlo wrote:Yes that would be good! <Ale>

Dagenham, i will look this up on a map and see, i only really know the area where i personally live but you say Essex and i know that is near because we have 'Lakeside' a shopping centre near us not far, and they say that is in Essex?

You live near Lakeside? I am always in Lakeside and I'm supposed to be moving to there soon (Chafford Hundred)

Dagenham, is about a 15 minute drive from There if you head towards London ok
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:30 pm

Totti ignores Azzurri calls Sunday 12 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti and Christian Panucci have again rejected calls for their return to the Azzurri squad ahead of Wednesday’s friendly with Turkey.

“I am focusing on Roma right now and don’t want to think about anything else,” said Totti after his brace in Roma’s 2-1 victory at Milan.

“I want to enjoy this great victory that hadn’t happened in 20 years. With all these away wins against the big clubs and this squad, we definitely believe in our title chances. The whole team proved it’s a great side that can challenge anyone.”

The captain caused controversy when he insisted he’d take a time out from the Italy side until 2007 so that he could fully recover his form from a fractured ankle.

He certainly seems to be on the right track with four Serie A goals this season, but rejected the questions about Wednesday’s friendly against Turkey.

Roma team-mate Panucci was frozen out of the Azzurri by Coach Marcello Lippi and, despite his fine form, suggests a recall under Roberto Donadoni is unlikely.

“You have to know when to call it a day at international level and put an end to that chapter of your career,” said the full-back.

“At nearly 34 years of age, I can say I’m happy with what I’ve achieved and how I’m doing at Roma. The Nazionale is a happy memory, nothing more.”

Another international in the Giallorossi side is Alberto Aquilani, albeit only at Under-21 level for the moment.

His spectacular ‘rabona’ – crossing his legs and chipping the ball with the back foot – inspired the winning goal in the 2-1 victory over Milan.

“I think I did something pretty good. The rabona was spontaneous,” smiled the youngster. “It wasn’t easy to come on as a substitute in a big game like this, but it went well and we’re happy, especially as Roma hadn’t won here in 20 years.”
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:02 pm

Dont blame him to be honest......Roma have a great chance of the title....If he got injured in a friendly, it could fuck up Roma's chances. If the game was a qualifier then the situation would be different.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 am