Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Super Milanista!
ArthurFriedenreich
Machiavel
A & K
chelsea-allstars
TheCrazy58
Tweesus
Sgoater1
theflyingfrenchman
DD
Sheffield gunner
Murray
Napoléon
La Saeta Rubia
bluenine
Hardrada
Deano
Pirlo
22 posters

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Number of posts : 1774
    Supports : Milan (IE: Rossoneri, Diavoli)
    Registration date : 2006-10-10

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 9 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by Super Milanista! Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:03 pm

Hey, i am so happy for the Azzurrini. The goals where amazing. Rosina as you say, Pirlo, played a fantastic match. I enjoy watching him play he is a great talent.
    Curci- some very good saves. It's great to see.

Its was a physical match towardas the end but i think our boys deserved the win. Well done to them for a fine performance.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 9 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:09 pm

We have a great record at the U-21 level, so many young talents coming through for us, hopefully some will be able to take part in Euro2008 maybe - specifically here i think of Rosina, Chiellini, Aquilani, Pasqual, Montolivo, maybe even Palladino and Potenza. Here, consistency is the key as well as physique. The technical quality of these players is beyond doubt, now they need to start to make the 'next' step, of strength and consistency. We must take confidence in beating Spain, one of the most technically accomplished teams in this category.

We certainly now should be providing a focus for the World Cup 2010.

In the U-20's we have Lupoli to blossom, he also is a fantastic prospect.

The future is BLUE! Let us wish for another successful U-21 tournament! <Ale>
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:24 pm

With the team italy have I think they can do really well. But only time will tell. For the 2010 world cup a lot of them will be playing in it, and it will be a great experience. There is also the advantage that they are playing together now and most of them will reach the first team round about the same time which helps a lot.
    The confidence has definitly lifted after last nights win and i am sure it will only but grow as they play more games.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:35 pm

A lot of the squad are also geting regular or good experience at the club level, this also is a crucial factor in their development. Generally in Italy though, players mature 'later' in their careers rather than early.

A lot will depend on the coach and the tactic, currently we are seeing there is little room in the First Team for pure wingers in advanced roles, we tend to be too narrow.

In Lippi's team it was difficult for 'newcomers' to break in as he forged a 'Club Italia' mentality, even so, i think nearly 50 different players were employed in friendlies and qualifiers.

For Trap there was little room for players of improvisation, he wrecked Euro2004 with his shit outdated defensive rubbish tactics, his refusal to play Cassano, the lack of flair and invention.

Maldini and Zoff i think were a bit better, Zoff resigning on account of Berlusconi's dumb comments was a low, he did a fantastic job at Euro2000, Sacchi despite leading us to a World Cup final was a lunatic. Too experimental, no logic to his team selections - we BLUNDERED our way to the 94 final. We should have beaten Germany and qualified in Euro96, we should have done far better at France98, we were unlucky to lose to the French in THAT game.

Given the great players we have had, we have underachieved in recent tournaments, i think of 2002 and 2004. 2002 we weren't 'allowed' to win. There was no shame in 2000, we were just desperately unlucky and Del Piero made some incredible misses.
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:18 pm

I agree with you on your comment 100%.

So what's install for tonights game? What do you think Donadoni is going to come up with?
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Supperpippo wrote:I agree with you on your comment 100%.

So what's install for tonights game? What do you think Donadoni is going to come up with?

With him it is difficult to predict. It will be a difficult game on account of conditions, the support of the home crowd.

So many formations have been guessed by the Italian medias, another trident formation, a more 'conservative' yet traditional 4-4-1-1 - our World Cup formation.

I think the most important thing at the moment is the stability, to get a 'club' spirit that so many of our national teams have lacked, but which Lippi fostered so well this Summer. We need to find a formation that will bring the best out of the group and utilise the individual talents that players can bring to the side. Given our situation in the group the most important thing is the result, the three points, any performance will do to obtain them.

Hopefully we will put on a good footballing performance, in that respect i would like to see Di Natale start again, his link-up play in the Ukraine game was excellent, he was unlucky not to score himself - great save from Shovkovskyi. Oddo and Zambrotta would give us balance, flair and good crossing from wide positions, again if we start with Pirlo, BEAST, De Rossi AND Perrotta the problem is that we will be too narrow in midfield and one dimensional. Iaquinta can give us pace and power, and we have creativity in Di Michele and Del Piero that we can call upon.

Remember also we have players to return to this sqaud that have not been selected for these two games - Cassano, Gila etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donadoni set to gamble

Italy boss Roberto Donadoni may field a 4-2-3-1 formation in tonight’s must-win European Championship qualifier in Georgia.

Despite beating the Ukraine 2-0 on Saturday, the Coach is set to shelve his 4-3-3 system and start with Alex Del Piero, Marco Materazzi and Vincenzo Iaquinta on the bench.

The Azzurri are set to begin with Luca Toni as a lone striker, with the Viola star being supported by a trident of Antonio Di Natale, Simone Perrotta and Mauro Camoranesi.

Milan stopper Alessandro Nesta will return to the defence alongside Fabio Cannavaro in place of Materazzi.

Andrea Pirlo is likely to start in central midfield, alongside Daniele De Rossi, despite not being 100 per cent fit.

“I still have a few doubts about the formation, but we must win this match if we want to qualify,” warned Donadoni. “This time it will be a harder tie than the one against Ukraine.”

But the Azzurri will also be supporting the Ukraine tonight as they are playing against table toppers Scotland.

Italy (probable): Buffon; Oddo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Pirlo, De Rossi; Camoranesi, Di Natale, Perrotta; Toni

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm, i don't like the look of this, very unbalanced, again Perrotta seems to play everywhere but not utilised to his extent. He isn't a no.10, yet in this tactic, it would appear that that's where his role lies in playing behind Toni with wide support. The system is fine, but these aren't the personell to fill it.

DONKEY shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR the Azzurri set-up. Yikes Grr

On current form, it would be far better if Corini was called-up to this tactic to play alongside De Rossi - Pirlo isnb't 100% recovered. Plus maybe make use of Simplicio's dual-nationality - THEN we cold adopt a more Palermo style with Di Michele playing in his trident support role, Toni up front and flanked by either Di Natale or Iaquinta.

Ahh, conundrums! Wink

We will see, as i have said previously, now is maybe not the time to analyse tactic and performance, the RESULTs, the SIX POINTS, were always the most crucial result of these two games. I will take a 1-0 now!

The next round of two matches will be the point to start referencing on team performance and to adopt a tactic.
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:22 pm

I am happy with the back line of course (who wouldn't) but as you said I don't like the position Perrotta is playing. I am happy that Di Natale has a start but the something is a bit dodge.
    I like what you say about Di Michele he would fit better behind Toni than Perrotta. But I am sure Italy will walk away with the 3 points, they know what is at stake.(Speriamo)
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:46 pm

Supperpippo wrote:I am happy with the back line of course (who wouldn't) but as you said I don't like the position Perrotta is playing. I am happy that Di Natale has a start but the something is a bit dodge.
    I like what you say about Di Michele he would fit better behind Toni than Perrotta. But I am sure Italy will walk away with the 3 points, they know what is at stake.(Speriamo)

SPERIAMO INDEED Wink They need to be told that we are playing for our national pride here, it would simply be unthinkable if we as World Champions did not qualify for this tournament. We need to remind them of not to repeat history - remember what happened after 1982!!! Yikes

We must just evoke that phrase 'IN BOCCA AL LUPO!' prior to kickoff in the dressing room.

The boys will take to the field chanting: 'CREPI, CREPI!!!' Wink We need no evil spirits with us tonight!
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:18 pm

Yes, Italy managed to win on penalties killing the ghost's of the past, now they are not going to allow what happened in 1982 to happen again.
    In bocca al lupo per italia.
    Forza Italia. "POO-PO-PO-PO-PO-POOOO-POO"
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 pm

Supperpippo wrote:Yes, Italy managed to win on penalties killing the ghost's of the past, now they are not going to allow what happened in 1982 to happen again.
    In bocca al lupo per italia.
    Forza Italia. "POO-PO-PO-PO-PO-POOOO-POO"

Sempre forza Italia, Italia per sempre! <Ale>

EMOZIONE CHE FANNO BATTERE IL CUORE!!!!!!

cheers

I love the games, we get to sing L'INNO NAZIONALE, then AZZURRO afterwards!!! <Ale>

Altogether now....

Cerco l'estate tutto l'anno
    e all'improvviso eccola qua.
    Lei è partita per le spiagge
    e sono solo quassù in città,
    sento fischiare sopra i tetti
    un aeroplano che se ne va.

Azzurro,
    il pomeriggio è troppo azzurro
    e lungo per me.
    Mi accorgo
    di non avere più risorse,
    senza di te,
    e allora
    io quasi quasi prendo il treno
    e vengo, vengo da te,
    ma il treno dei desideri
    nei miei pensieri all'incontrario va.

<Ale>

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:53 pm

ITALIA:

Buffon; Oddo, Cannavaro, Nesta, Zambrotta; Pirlo, De Rossi; DONKEY, Perrotta, Di Natale; Toni.

BENCH: Iaquinta, Pippo, Del Vecchio, Mauri, Zaccardo, Matrix, Amelia (P)
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:18 pm

1-1...come on Italy!
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:26 pm

DONKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Number of posts : 1170
    Supports : Les Bleus - Marseille

Post by Napoléon Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:32 pm

Hi mate

Do you feel happy with the Ukrainian victory against Scottish ?
    I am.

Come on Georgia !
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:33 pm

3-1 Perrotta Very Happy
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:35 pm

Napoléon wrote:Hi mate

Do you feel happy with the Ukrainian victory against Scottish ?
    I am.

Come on Georgia !

yes i do.....

come on the faroes (not much use)

@FORZA-Very Happy
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:57 pm

3-1 great result for us.

Forza Italia!
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:00 pm

Well done Italia
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:01 pm

FORZA ITALIA!!!

DOLCE! DOLCE! DOLCE!

we really needed that
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:10 pm

A great victory, some very good goals. A victory that has put italy back in the running for qualifying, now that Scotland lost. Well done Azzurri!
    The confidence is growing with each game.
    Now we can sing many songs:
    1.) POO-PO-PO-PO-PO-POOOO-POO"
    2.)Azzurro
    3.)Siamo una squadra fortissimi

To many songs to name.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Supperpippo wrote:A great victory, some very good goals. A victory that has put italy back in the running for qualifying, now that Scotland lost. Well done Azzurri!
    The confidence is growing with each game.
    Now we can sing many songs:
    1.) POO-PO-PO-PO-PO-POOOO-POO"
    2.)Azzurro
    3.)Siamo una squadra fortissimi

To many songs to name.

''Siamo una squadra fortissimi'': some lovely lines about Moggi in that song lol! <Ale> Wink

Fantastic result, the performance was so-so, but i always maintained before these games that the SIX POINTS was the most important goal to achieve.

As for the match, absolutely fantastic goal from De Rossi, his form for Roma this season continues for the Azzurri, amazing talent. Tremendous long range shot, power and accuracy, his drive, enthusiasm and power are vital qualities for this team.

The Georgia goal - nothing Gigi could do about that, it was just a great shot, maybe we could have defended better fom the set-piece though. It is comforting that in the last two games we have reduced our opponents to threaten only from set-pieces and long range efforts - the goal tonight and Sashiasvili struck our bar from a distance at the end of the first half.

Toni - Well, we have a repeat of his effort against Ghana, great control, fantastic turn and BANG! An UNSTOPPABLE SHOT COLLIDES AGAINST THE BAR!!!! Yikes Having said that, he missed some great chances, he should have scored AT LEAST once tonight, some sloppy finsihing, the conditions not making it easier either. Great play by Zambro in the first half to provide him with a chance, poor miss. In the last minutes as well he missed two simple chances.

Di Natale was impressive in the second half, a better performance. He really scored the second goal, DONKEY'S finish was only able because of the fantastic accuracy of the cross. Easy goal, well done CHRISTMAS!!! Ale

Pirlo was poor, his delivery from set pieces aside which was impeccable but this was understandable because of his illness - get well soon Andy and 'BRAVO' Ale

Perrotta's finish - great, similar to his actions for Roma, he arrives late and the cut-back is always an option with him, he finishes the move tremendously, the Week 1 game for Roma against Livorno is an example of this.

Overall, still not an optimum performance from our boys, but the points are most important. Our NEXT TWO MATCHES are the opportunities for a performance and to adopt a settled tactic, the one man advantage tonight clearly helped, until then i was quite worried!!!!

Now we move to our next games with renewed confidence, we are back in contention now for a qualification place, we must make sure to beat Scotland in March, that must be the game to show the group how much of a threat we are, it must be a game of intent, a STATEMENT. Afterwards we have the Faroe Islands and Lithuania both away, Lithuania especially could be a tricky tie.

But tonight, we celebrate, mission accomplished, SIX POINTS FROM SIX! Ale
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:07 am

It's a good result for Italy, because I can't see any other teams in this group win over there.. well maybe Ukraine. I think Scotland will lose over there. France and Italy will finish in the first two places, in which order.. i duno.
    After the world cup everyone said that this group was a kind of easy one, but it isn't actually. With Ukraine and Scotland we never know what to expect, but unlike Italy and France I can't see them gain lots of points away. I thnk that will be difference between the big two's and the others
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:17 am

Alive and Kicking wrote:It's a good result for Italy, because I can't see any other teams in this group win over there..

France won in Georgia 3-0 scratch
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:25 pm

YOU WATCH THESE GOL!!!!!

Montolivo U-21's V Spagna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW06N8kVUK8
    ArthurFriedenreich

Number of posts : 22

Post by ArthurFriedenreich Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:18 pm

Good result superpippo nice win for italy but jeez i love italy i am brazilian but italy is my second team i love them but they are the so frustrating to watch sometimes they waste so much chances how Toni missed that sitter i'll never know. good game but italy needs to improve i still think they are lacking some creativity. Pirlo why don't u like camoranesi ok so he isn't world class be he is a solid player he provides width has a good touch can cross can beat a man and he doesn't stop working, hes running all the time. He can't be that bad give the guy a break.
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:58 pm

I totally understand i also get frustrated, because with the amount of shots they miss and the quality they have that should never happen. Nevertheless, italy won the world cup and won there last two games.
    Camoranesi easily frastrates me but his goal was good last nightm and he can come and change the game around when it was needed.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:07 pm

I have no idea who said that, coz specially after the world cup if you see the two world cup finalists and a quarter finalist in the same qualifying group, we usually call it the Group of Death.

Its easily the toughest group in euro qualifiers, with Scotland and Georgia being no pushovers.

I still think that any of the top 3 (France, Italy, and Ukraine) can go out, tho its reasonably certian that 2 of these will qualify. Scotland, inspite of the terrific start, stand no chance.

Alive and Kicking wrote:It's a good result for Italy, because I can't see any other teams in this group win over there.. well maybe Ukraine. I think Scotland will lose over there. France and Italy will finish in the first two places, in which order.. i duno.
    After the world cup everyone said that this group was a kind of easy one, but it isn't actually. With Ukraine and Scotland we never know what to expect, but unlike Italy and France I can't see them gain lots of points away. I thnk that will be difference between the big two's and the others
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:30 pm

I think we are in an incredibly tough group - i don't know who said this group would be easy!!!

I think also a hard group for Croatia, they have Israel, Russia and FYR Macedonia also to compete with for the two places, that also is a tough group, so very difficult and hostile away fixtures.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Bergamo handed Italy-Turkey

Italy will use the November 15 friendly against Turkey to honour the memory of former Azzurri great Giacinto Facchetti.

The legendary Inter stopper, who won 94 caps for his country, sadly died last month after losing his battle against illness.

As a mark of respect to the former Inter President, the Italian Football Federation have opted to hold the game in Bergamo – the region where Facchetti hailed from.

“We want to remember the champion and the man,” said FIGC vice-commissioner Gigi Riva on Friday evening. He was an example for everyone and in a period of such difficulty for the Italian game, his style and interpretation of sport must be taught to youngsters.”

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 9 19_Bergamo
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:42 pm

OK, now we watch again U-21s.

Chiellini and Montolivo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-IcCLeBRW8

AMZING GOALS! <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:58 pm