Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
fcb
Rez
Super Progress
mongrel hawk
toon h
Isco Benny
Knoblauch
Barrilete
12 posters

In Europe, one can't get any...

gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

In Europe, one can't get any... - Page 2 Empty Re: In Europe, one can't get any...

Post by gone Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:49 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:We can play the next WC on concrete for all I care, no excuses, bring it on South America! Wink

About the SA vs Europe in world cup and the fact that the europeans never won it outside Europe. It's true but consider this, in the semifinals there where: in 2002 there where 2 European vs 1 SA, in 94 there where 3 European vs 1 SA, in 86 there where 3 European vs 1 SA, in 78 2 vs 2, 70 2 vs 2, in 62 2 vs 2, in 1950 the final group had 2 european teams vs 2 SA. So there where never more teams from SA in the semifinals then Europeans ones.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

In Europe, one can't get any... - Page 2 Empty Re: In Europe, one can't get any...

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:44 pm

@tweedle

it wasn' my point really. it was barrilete's, and I do not agree with that. I've watched some awesome European matches this year.

I began to post to defend SA, not to attack europe. ok <Ale>

Tweedle wrote:ok

I take todo's original point though that the European comeptitions have generally regressed in terms of excitement - I remeber about 5/10 years ago watching some fantastic Champions leagues games, even in the latter stages of the competition - we just don't seem to get these types of games much anymore
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:54 pm

my point about european football is that i do not find it as fun to watch as it used to be. some say defence is better today but the way i see it is more that teams are more defensive. for example 20 years ago denmark had a player named elkjær who was our greatest striker of all time but he didnt work at all. today he doesnt exist in denmark because all the players are tought to be the first defender and always work.
    it is harder to score today but not because defences are better but because people focus on defence and not taking risk. i dont get pointing to good game this year as evidence. you will always have those great games. the difference is that the in between is not good enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:26 am