Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
lrdsucksgoats
The-Frank-Tavern
Tom
DeLux
S4P
Deluded F*ck™
Brian2468
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Kimbo
Pierre Littbarski
DS
Deano
Tweesus
Sheffield gunner
Machiavel
EM Seleção e Selecção
Puro
Fey
Lordanger
Sgoater1
24 posters

Luka Modric

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Luka Modric - Page 5 Empty Re: Luka Modric

Post by Machiavel Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:
    Raifael wrote:Dinamo Zagreb obviously would put the price up as Modric seems to be the golden boy of late. He's not worth £20M this could only deter teams .. could be a gamble though.

We have shown in the past we wont be ripped off and will only pay what Sven think a player is worth. I know Grip has been scouting him a lot and obviously Sven can always ask Corluka for his opinion.

Having Corluka at the club could be something that really helps us out if it turns into a battle to sign him with Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Eduardo @ Arsenal ..

But he would get more 1st team Football at Man City though, maybe at Arsenal him and Hleb in the team would be something.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:43 pm

Raifael wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:
    Raifael wrote:Dinamo Zagreb obviously would put the price up as Modric seems to be the golden boy of late. He's not worth £20M this could only deter teams .. could be a gamble though.

We have shown in the past we wont be ripped off and will only pay what Sven think a player is worth. I know Grip has been scouting him a lot and obviously Sven can always ask Corluka for his opinion.

Having Corluka at the club could be something that really helps us out if it turns into a battle to sign him with Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Eduardo @ Arsenal ..

But he would get more 1st team Football at Man City though, maybe at Arsenal him and Hleb in the team would be something.

Yeah i think he'd do well at Arsenal and i can see why Spurs would want him cos they still havnt got someone really good to play left mid.

From what ive seen of him he looks a class player and the kind id love to have at City, the only question would be where would he fit into the team, maybe Castillo might be used as a striker and Modric play alongside Elano and Petrov in the mid but i dont think will be the case cos i think Castillo will be used on the right wing. Anyway i guess Sven wants to build a squad so we can rotate players of good quality. With the likes of Elano, Castillo, Modric, Petrov etc at the club we would have so much great attacking options.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Haven’t kept tabs on Modric of late, but it seems his next destination is England. Last month he and his agent were adamant England would be his next destination. From what I have seen of him in the last 2 years he can do well in the League but the asking price is nothing short of ridiculous, maybe he’s worth that much to Dinamo Zagreb so from that perspective it’s understandable.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:33 pm

I wonder what the chances would be for him moving to somewhere outside of the Premiership. I can't see Arsenal or Chelsea making a move, it looks like Man City are the prime club in the frame.

£20m is a huge hike over the last 12 months. I remember he was valued at £8m not so long ago. Still, you pay for quality.

Luka Modric - Page 5 Cruyffmodricgc4
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Apparently Ramos wants to sell Bent to us for £10m so that he can go and break the bank for Modric. Good for both if true...it would show that Ramos recognises they are weak in the midfield area...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Scott Parker wrote:Apparently Ramos wants to sell Bent to us for £10m so that he can go and break the bank for Modric. Good for both if true...it would show that Ramos recognises they are weak in the midfield area...

Aye and I think Bent-Ashton would work well as a partnership.

How long is it until Faubert is back from injury?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:36 pm

Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:
    Scott Parker wrote:Apparently Ramos wants to sell Bent to us for £10m so that he can go and break the bank for Modric. Good for both if true...it would show that Ramos recognises they are weak in the midfield area...

Aye and I think Bent-Ashton would work well as a partnership.

How long is it until Faubert is back from injury?

He's back in training which is great news...it's obviously just getting him match practice and back to full fitness.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:38 pm

@ Cesc

Not many teams would pay £20M for Modric; Bayern Munich, Ajax, one or two Italian teams have been interested but the price tag has deterred them .. Modric himself has his heart set on a move to a English team. If he adds more pace to his game, he may be 45% as good as the dude his next to in that picture methinks.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:39 pm

The partnership of Bent and Ashton/Bellamy would be good for West Ham. Would Bent move to a club he turned down six months ago though?

Would Levi sanction a huge amount of money in January condsidering what Martin Jol Damien Commoli spent this summer.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Cesc wrote:The partnership of Bent and Ashton/Bellamy would be good for West Ham. Would Bent move to a club he turned down six months ago though?

Would Levi sanction a huge amount of money in January condsidering what Martin Jol Damien Commoli spent this summer.

According to today's reports he does. His fault in the first place though...he knew his chances at Tottenham would be limited...and now he finds himself on the bench at a club who are struggling to make the top half.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:47 pm

Maybe the deal would involve a 6 month loaning with an option?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:53 pm

Tottenham are coming out and denying it as they want to save face...it's going to make it look like we have offered them a good deal and will let Bent go if he wants. From what I've been told, we've contacted them about him...with a possible £10m/11m deal.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Tha would be a seriously smart move from Ramos and Curbs. <Ale>
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Yeah i think Bent for £10m is a good deal for West Ham and with Ashton and Bent as first choice it could be a great partnership, with Bellamy Camara and Cole on the bench (im guessing zamora will leave).

Still if Tottenham let Bent go then it could leave them in trouble up front as Defoe hasnt signed his new deal yet.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Yeah i think Bent for £10m is a good deal for West Ham and with Ashton and Bent as first choice it could be a great partnership, with Bellamy Camara and Cole on the bench (im guessing zamora will leave).

Still if Tottenham let Bent go then it could leave them in trouble up front as Defoe hasnt signed his new deal yet.

If Bent leaves, Defoe will sign for sure. Jol didn't want Bent in the first place, Comolli did. I don't think Ramos wants him particulatly either...I think his intention is to keep Berbatov, Keane and Defoe all happy and strengthen in areas they need to. Then look at another forward in the summer. It's obvious that Ramos prefers Defoe to Bent (I do to)...as Defoe is getting more of a chance under him.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:04 am

Scott Parker wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:Yeah i think Bent for £10m is a good deal for West Ham and with Ashton and Bent as first choice it could be a great partnership, with Bellamy Camara and Cole on the bench (im guessing zamora will leave).

If Bent leaves, Defoe will sign for sure. Jol didn't want Bent in the first place, Comolli did. I don't think Ramos wants him particulatly either...I think his intention is to keep Berbatov, Keane and Defoe all happy and strengthen in areas they need to. Then look at another forward in the summer. It's obvious that Ramos prefers Defoe to Bent (I do to)...as Defoe is getting more of a chance under him.

ok<Ale>

I wouldn't want to sell Bent to your lot though... I remember how lethal Ashton & Bent were together for the U21's, and I wouldn't want to risk that happening again.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:13 am

The thing is TS...we want Bent, and you want to share our staidum while you build/redevelop...therefore, deal in action Biggrin.

Though I'd rather we just bought him, as I don't want to groundshare with you.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:57 am

In the Guardian today:

Modric rules out move to England
    ----------

Luka Modric, the scourge of England, will not be joining a Premier League club during next month's transfer window. The Croatian playmaker, who inspired the downfall of Steve McClaren and his men in the ill-fated Euro 2008 qualifying campaign, had been linked with several clubs, with reports on Friday claiming Manchester City had agreed a £20m deal with his club, Dinamo Zagreb.
    However, Zagreb's president Zdravko Mamic yesterday ruled out a move for the player, who is under contract until 2015. The news will disappoint City, and his other English suitors, notably Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham.

'Modric is definitely staying another year,' said Mamic. 'We rejected offers from some of the top clubs in England and Spain of up to €50m [£35m]. We want him to stay to maintain our chances in Europe.' The Spanish clubs are thought to include Valencia and Barcelona, who are known to want to offload Deco.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2233367,00.html

I really can't believe any club has offered £35m for him, although the senior figures at Dynamo have tended towards suggesting more eye-catching fees in the past.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:38 am

Knowing Laporta and Txiki we wouldn't have offered more than £10m or so.. Very very very few players are worth £35m.

Still I think he will go to England since we won't enter a bidding war with EPL clubs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:09 am