Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+87
Chris 23*
ERIK LAMELA
worms rises
Pirlo
OP9
the real white worm
The Chosen Glenn
110%
Luis
Romford Pele
worms.
messiah
TITO
Jaime
Effenberg
Pras_tama
Brian 2468
Xavier
blutgraetsche
Allez les rouges
Isco Benny
Aristoskank
debaser
Matt_AFC
Lusitan
The Easter Bunny
L r dd
QOTSA
Super Progress
mongrel hawk
TheCrazy58
Hem fet un mal partit
Yef
TM
stinger
Juligen
Batman
forza_rossi
DeLux
ronnies teeth
Puro
Riviera
lampiao007
bluenine
Deano
COTR
hammer_jake
Black Magic
christmasborocooper
Chocolate Thunder
Dwarf
fcb
Calidad
BoBo Vieri 32
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
S4P
EM Seleção e Selecção
Pierre Littbarski
Parks lives
Kroos
Glenarch of the Glen
toon h
The Pröfessör
Chap
Napoléon
Khadrim
Murray
Historicus
Sgoater1
Kimbo
L.r.d
Brian2468
Cesc Soler
Fey
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
Ricardo Jol
Stiftung Haeschentest
Hlebagone
Lesley
Ballboy Thomas Müller
monty
Axeslammer
SuperMario
Enigma
EMP
91 posters

International Friendlies Thread

messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

International Friendlies Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by messiah Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:32 pm

all of that is good and well, and a nice way to move the bar as is typical on here. but what they were saying and rather stupidly is that more teams can win the euros than the copa so its better. which is obviously the case for the simple fact europe has many more "big" football nations than S. America. its like the people saying the prem is the best because more teams can challenge in the cl, ignoring all the factors involved. if they use stupid logic they get simple math that proves them wrong.
    messiah
    messiah

International Friendlies Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by messiah Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm

and they're 10 teams in S.America the two invited teams are only thier to make up the numbers,not apart of the federation and never win. which is why I choose to ignore them
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:24 am

If you decided to ignore the 2 extra teams then it is a an even better reason to leave simple maths alone

If you want you can consider the copa as a 10 team tournament it only makes my argument stronger Wink. On that basis pretty much every team starts in the quarter final and needs to only win 3 matches to win the copa. If Brazil and Argentina draw each other then you only need to beat one good team to win.

There is no group of death etc such as germany, holland, portugal, denmark. If you finish 3rd in the group you can still get through to the quarter finals (the 2 best 3rd placed teams out of 3 groups go through). Luckily for you, maths skills are not needed to understand how much easier it is to win, but I am sure you won't understand the point in any case.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 am

110% wrote:
    There is no group of death etc such as germany, holland, portugal, denmark. If you finish 3rd in the group you can still get through to the quarter finals (the 2 best 3rd placed teams out of 3 groups go through).

That group of death (4 nations from the top ten in the *world*) almost makes a case for saying the Euros are tougher than the WC.

...almost ;-)

Oh and by the way : I've seen no one mention the Russians as possible winners this EC. I think they might just do it this time...
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    110% wrote:
    There is no group of death etc such as germany, holland, portugal, denmark. If you finish 3rd in the group you can still get through to the quarter finals (the 2 best 3rd placed teams out of 3 groups go through).

That group of death (4 nations from the top ten in the *world*) almost makes a case for saying the Euros are tougher than the WC.

...almost ;-)

Oh and by the way : I've seen no one mention the Russians as possible winners this EC. I think they might just do it this time...

I mentioned Russia in the 'who will win the euros' thread. Very Happy
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Jaime wrote:
    TITO wrote:
    Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:
    Disco Benny wrote:
    TITO wrote:What a goal from Dos Santos, we should buy him back immediately.

Would love him to succeed at Spurs, but he has a work ethic problem (ie he is lazy) and given Barca's incredible pressing intensity off the ball, I sincerely doubt you would play him much either

He's not lazy at all. Ok he's no Park JS or Kuyt but that's not the reason why he gets picked. Hard to judge him on what was less than an hour of Prem football.

Jaime,

Please help!

Laughing

Giovani "The New Messi" Dos Santos....I think the big thing with him (and his brother for that matter) is that he does not have the mentality to succeed at the highest level. He has footballing ability but he is not as good as what he thinks he is in his own head and on top of that he is not a good professional, spent too much time with Ronaldinho in his good old last days of partying in Barcelona.

He is prone to some very special moments but that is it, they are just moments. He doesn't work hard enough on the pitch to play on the wings, maybe he could play in the hole behind a centre forward. But if you look at it, the only place he has been where he has been automatic in the coach's XI is Racing Santander. Says it all really.

But this would mean that Harry is right, and TS would hate to see the manager of his club (the man who has them challenging for CL football, playing good football..) actually be right about this one.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 pm

S4P wrote:
    Justice for Goldado wrote:
    The Easter Bunny wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    Justice for Goldado wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    Justice for Goldado wrote:The Copa America is just as prestigious as the Euros even though you might be right in saying that in the past it was slightly easier to win it but now I honestly don't think it is.

11 of the last 12 have been won by Argentina, Brazil or Uruguay. Can you honestly see any other nation winning the next one?

Can you honestly see anybody else apart from us(Spain),Germany or maybe Holland win this years Euros?

Yes

I don't think Holland will do that well, if Italys attack click, if Frances works as a cohesive unit, if Ronaldo performs for Portugal fuck it, if England get lucky using the counter and are clinical enough who knows what could happen. But yeah, i'd say there are at-least 6 quality teams in the Euros who could win, Italy, Portugal, France, Spain, Germany and Holland.

Portugal are shit,Italy are average,France are pretty good but I don't think they're good enough to win it.You are like the DPL fans who say us,Arsenal and Tottenham are challangeing for the title every year.Of course this is a cup competition so they could get lucky,but it's very very unlikely.

This is the same France that beat Germany in Berlin not too long ago. Spain/Germany/Holland are the favourites, but the Euros regularly throws up a dark horse or two (in the last 2 you've had Greece win it in '04 as well as Turkey & Russia reach the SF in '08).

I see 6 possible winners:

Spain
    Holland
    Germany
    France
    Italy
    Portugal (if Ronaldo brings his club scoring form to the international stage).

Bremen ≠ Berlin Ale
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Argentina vs. Brazil is on now. Messi has levelled up after 30 mins. 1-1.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Argentina won 4-3. Messi with a hattrick. Both sides committed loads of defensive errors, but were exciting in attack, at least from the bits and pieces I saw. At the end Lavezzi and Marcelo had a little bitch fight and both got sent off.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Messi's third goal Very Happy Shocked

Terrible performances from Rafael and Romulo for Hulk's goal, Pato should have gone for studs down Gago's shin,

Bit of a scrap at the end between Lavezzi and Marcelo, both red carded.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 pm

as I said south american craziness, I love it
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:28 pm

first hat-trick against Brazil by anybody since Paolo Rossi 1982.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:31 pm

messiah wrote:as I said south american craziness, I love it

Craziness/Shit defending.

It difficult to tell where one ends and the other begins.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Amazing 'friendly' between the two best teams in the world (oh you bet they beat Spain easily!).

NO! I don't count them counterattacking minnows Germany and Netherlands near the top. They may reach the latter stages of tournaments thanks to the refs and their counterattacking parasitic selves, but they ain't fooling anyone. They are what they are, that's why they're boring when a team does the same to them and park their own bus! TFS!

Messi...WHAT A PLAYER! Biggrin <Ale>
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Weird that neither got to the world cup final.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:28 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Weird that neither got to the world cup final.

Boro, most people (you included) never saw that FIFA panicked when they saw all their shit teams get eliminated in South Africa. So corrupt FIFA went to work and called EVERYTHING for their survivors, they and their refs helped the Dutchies beat Brasil, and Spain to beat Paraguay. Europe only had THREE (3) teams left out of 100 to begin with. South America had FOUR (4) out of five who began the tourney (and the one KO got KO by another South American).

That's how corrupt FIFA is. You all saw it (IF you saw the games), but most aren't aware of what went on!!! You need to be able to notice everything. You'll come around, Boro (for your own sake!), I have faith in you. <Ale>

The Dutchies without any refs shall be KO. Are they a worthy WC finalist? Fuck no! They were helped against Brasil AND against Uruguay!!! They were helped against Japan in the group stages as well (watch the game!).

That's why they lost yesterday against a shite team in Denmark WITHOUT any ref helping them. I was shocked when van Bommel got his yellow card. That mofo criminally assaulted Brasileiros and Uruguayos and didn't even get a verbal warning!!!

TFS!
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:30 pm

That's cause they wuz robbed by refs/had injuries/suffered terrible luck/were destroyed by corrupt fuckos. Y'know, one of those things which only effects teams Puro supports ok
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:35 pm

debaser wrote:That's cause they wuz robbed by refs/had injuries/suffered terrible luck/were destroyed by corrupt fuckos. Y'know, one of those things which only effects teams Puro supports ok

Oh yeah! FIFA is so corrupt against England, but they wouldn't go out of their way to fuck South America after they saw how their Euro teams were getting destroyed last WC and only Spain, Germany, and the Dutchies were alive. FIFA wouldn't do that, they're only corrupt against the English. Biggrin <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:00 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
    debaser wrote:That's cause they wuz robbed by refs/had injuries/suffered terrible luck/were destroyed by corrupt fuckos. Y'know, one of those things which only effects teams Puro supports ok

Oh yeah! FIFA is so corrupt against England, but they wouldn't go out of their way to fuck South America after they saw how their Euro teams were getting destroyed last WC and only Spain, Germany, and the Dutchies were alive. FIFA wouldn't do that, they're only corrupt against the English. Biggrin <Ale>

scratch I didn't say anything about England. You're the one convinced FIFA has an agenda against the teams you support. But FIFA did not make Argentina fail to score against Germany or Chile fail to score against Spain. FIFA did not make Uruguay concede 3 to Holland and Brazil concede 2. FIFA did not make Paraguay only score 3 goals in the 5 matches they played. They all finished where they deserved in that tournament Ale
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by S4P Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:19 pm

FIFA with an agenda against Brazil Very Happy
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:11 pm

To be fair Puro has a point about the SF were Holland beat us(Uruguay),we were the better team in that game even without Suarez,Lugano and Fucile.Hollands 2nd goal was offside and should have been disallowed,that was the crucial goal.Against Ghana we were subject to a clearly biased referee in favor of Ghana,we should have had 2 penaltys and the free kick which led to the Suarez incident was a blatant dive and blatantly corrupt decision.

But Germany against Argentina was a fair win,I don't remember any decisions going against Argentina.A also don't remember any bad decisions in our game against Paraguay,apart from the 2nd pen which we should have been awarded straight after out penalty miss.

Holland against Brazil,Robben frustrated Brazil with some diving and playacting but apart from that Holland didn't cheat.

I don't know how anybody can say Argentina and Brazil are currently the 2 best teams in the world,Brazil in 2010 were in the top 2 and should have beat Holland but for shitty mistakes at the back but now I would say they are a top 5 team.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 am

Tim Vickery has just named Brazil's team for Friday:

Rafael Cabral
    Rafael - Thiago Silva - Juan - Marcelo
    Sandro -
    Romulo
    Hulk - Oscar - Neymar
    Leandro Damiao

Outrageous :O
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by S4P Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:20 pm

PuroReturns wrote:

The ref really robbed Paraguay against Spain in the QF. Penalty given against Pique for shirt pulling (decisions that are almost never given) and making Spain retake their penalty for encroachment. Very Happy

By the way, the total number of European teams "destroyed" by South American teams at the World Cup: 3 (Slovakia vs. Paraguay; Chile vs. Switzerland and Argentina vs. Greece). Hardly victories to be bragging about lol!
    worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
    Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
    Registration date : 2012-05-02

Post by worms rises Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Tim Vickery has just named Brazil's team for Friday:

Rafael Cabral
    Sandro -
    Romulo
    Hulk - Oscar - Neymar
    Leandro Damiao

Will the games be on the T.V?
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm not sure if this game is on TV specifically but yes, during the Olympics, the football matches will probably be shown on the BBC red button.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:39 pm

unkhanscious wrote:
    Romford Pele wrote:Tim Vickery has just named Brazil's team for Friday:

Rafael Cabral
    Sandro -
    Romulo
    Hulk - Oscar - Neymar
    Leandro Damiao

Will the games be on the T.V?

It is happening in England you could go to a match for the first time and lose your virginity?
    worms rises

Post by worms rises Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Like I went to the Nou Camp to watch us(Barcelona) play us(Valencia) in February this year?
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 pm

unkhanscious wrote:Like I went to the Nou Camp to watch us(Barcelona) play us(Valencia) in February this year?

Who did you support?
    worms rises

Post by worms rises Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Us(Barcelona) as seen as it was a home game.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 pm

watching a man U preseason game and I find myself wondering if sir alex tactically limited to either, 442,4411 or 451, if so he has wasted money on kagawa and lucas should stay away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:49 am