Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
fcb
Kroos
The Easter Bunny
Matt_AFC
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
Brian2468
TheCrazy58
debaser
Hlebagone
christmasborocooper
Aristoskank
COTR
S4P
Puro
Kimbo
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
TM
Cesc Soler
26 posters

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread

TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread

Post by TheCrazy58 Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Hlebagone wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:
    Matt_AFC wrote:there both equally shite

Bollocks. Koscielny in time will be a better defender than Vermaelon. He's still young, first season in a very different league, especially for defenders.

Had everything to become a top class defender, just needs to iron out the roughness in his game.

Kos and Verm are the same age (25), in fact Kos is a couple of months older. I agree, considering he was playing in Ligue 2 only a couple of years ago, he's stepped up extremely well and there's great potential. It'll be interesting to see how the CBs pan out next season when Verm comes back.

Fair point. But it's clear that Koscielny is still learning. Vermaelon makes errors but appears the far more polished of the two players.

Well Vermaelen was trained at the Ajax Academy from the age of 15, while Kos was knocking around in non-and-lower league clubs in the sticks in France, so that's not surprising. However,as we agree, there's very good potential there.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread

Post by Fey Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Kroos wrote:
    Fey wrote:How many did City pay for Dzeko again? He looks shocking in the EPL, shows you that even if you are good in the Bundesliga it means fuck all on top level! Blotelli is also a bit of joke.

i smell a windup

well epl is lightyears behind in terms of passing, strikers in the epl have hard times, because they never get a perfect pass on his feet, so before the striker can try to shot he must fix the broken pass, thats the reason why the EPL has no consistent striker

Lightyears behind of who? Barca? Villareal? Like the rest of Europe has such a nice passing game these days. If the EPL is only about PGD then the Bundesliga is still only Sturm und Drang.

Anyway I cant believe Tevez City could look so bad without Tevez, considering the amount of money they used.

Kuyt was a beast again tonight! A BEAST! Swalbuarez was shite tonight, which was odd considering Liverpool did create a lot of chances for a change, but his love for offside was tonight the issue.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:
    Matt_AFC wrote:there both equally shite

Bollocks. Koscielny in time will be a better defender than Vermaelon. He's still young, first season in a very different league, especially for defenders.

Had everything to become a top class defender, just needs to iron out the roughness in his game.

Kos and Verm are the same age (25), in fact Kos is a couple of months older. I agree, considering he was playing in Ligue 2 only a couple of years ago, he's stepped up extremely well and there's great potential. It'll be interesting to see how the CBs pan out next season when Verm comes back.

Fair point. But it's clear that Koscielny is still learning. Vermaelon makes errors but appears the far more polished of the two players.

Well Vermaelen was trained at the Ajax Academy from the age of 15, while Kos was knocking around in non-and-lower league clubs in the sticks in France, so that's not surprising. However,as we agree, there's very good potential there.

Tours FC in fact, where i'm living at the moment!
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Man City haven't won away in 2011. And have scored just 6 goals in their 10 away games this year. And three of these goals came from trips to Notts County and Leicester in the FA Cup. And two at Birmingham. Which leaves 1 goal from the other 7 away games. And that came 2 months ago at Man Utd. In a game they lost. Basically their position is resting wholly on their impressive home form (only dropped points in 1 home game in 2011).

City run-in looked reasonable on paper, but now I note they have to go to Blackburn, Bolton and Everton. Judging on above form they are looking at 2 goals and 1 point from those three games. Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs should be feeling happy-happy. As should Chelsea. And, hell, even Liver.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Kroos wrote:
    Fey wrote:How many did City pay for Dzeko again? He looks shocking in the EPL, shows you that even if you are good in the Bundesliga it means fuck all on top level! Blotelli is also a bit of joke.

i smell a windup

well epl is lightyears behind in terms of passing, strikers in the epl have hard times, because they never get a perfect pass on his feet, so before the striker can try to shot he must fix the broken pass, thats the reason why the EPL has no consistent striker

lol! If there has there been a more cack handed, shoddy and frankly ridiculous theory than this then I'd like to see it.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - thank you Liverpool. With that loss and tevez injured, the fight for 4th is now back on.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 pm

debaser wrote:Man City haven't won away in 2011. And have scored just 6 goals in their 10 away games this year. And three of these goals came from trips to Notts County and Leicester in the FA Cup. And two at Birmingham. Which leaves 1 goal from the other 7 away games. And that came 2 months ago at Man Utd. In a game they lost. Basically their position is resting wholly on their impressive home form (only dropped points in 1 home game in 2011).

City run-in looked reasonable on paper, but now I note they have to go to Blackburn, Bolton and Everton. Judging on above form they are looking at 2 goals and 1 point from those three games. Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs should be feeling happy-happy. As should Chelsea. And, hell, even Liver.

And if we're being hyper critical, and why ever not, that one goal was very jammy.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:06 am

Wow, good game by Liverpool. City's tactics were bizarre, allowed too much space between the lines and Meireles/Kuyt/Suarez/Caroll were able to move around into gaps at will.

Interesting to read Mancini's cryptic "I made a mistake" comments. I reckon he regrets not playing 3 DMs in a big away game as he usuall does. And dropping Silva for Dzeko, what the fuck was that all about Doh
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am

Was at the game last night. Great performance and I have to admit I didn't give us much chance tonight and backed the draw even.

Everyone one the pitch in Red did their part well, very well. The defence while not under any real constant threat looked solid. Delighted for both Flanagan and Spearing. Again, Flanagan has few similarities with Finnan and it was clear as the game went on, he grew in confidence. There was a 50 yard cross field cut pass he made that was suberb. He played a good few adventurous passes and the majority came off too.

Spearing and Lucas partnership affraid Excellent, they gelled well and seem to have a good understanding together. Chuffed for both. Maybe as Glenn mentioned in the L'pool thread, Spearing does have a future at the club.. at least as a squad member anyway. There was a moment win the 2nd half where he went all in into a 50/50 challenge with Yaya Toure that got the crowd onto their faith. I thought there was only one winner in that but I was proven wrong :)Best thing from oth of them was again their understanding together(one drops deep, while the other advances, showing for the ball)

The attack of Carroll, Suarez(who seemed to be trying a bit too hard at times I felt but still played well) and Kuyt were fantastic. Some great interchanging of positions, give and goes, tracking back, general passes and of course Carroll's goals were great too. Man does he strike the ball with that left peg of his Yikes Kuyt deserved MOTM though, he's what, 30? Incredible performance from him.

Balotelli is just hilarious. His mannerisms and general acting like a twat brought a huge smile to my face.

Astonished Silva didn't start or come on a lot sooner then he did, no surprise he looked very bright his time eventually came. City were crying out for him and Johnson moving out the left. De Jong is a big c**t he is was a loss for them too. Guess Mancini perhaps underestimated us/thinking about the weekend vs ManYoo. Either way, it was a stupid decision.

Looking forward to watching a re-run of the match later on. Going to get some sleep now.

Oh and Arsenal away next, one of the few times I can genuinely say I'm looking forward to travelling to Arsenal. Ever since 03/04 I was never looking forward to this fixture Razz
    Chris 23*
    Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Hlebagone wrote:Kosciely could be far better than Cahill. And a little bit extra - enough £10 million.

He is fast, good on the ball, agressive. He has a good leap on him, even if his heading could be worked on. Watch his performance against Barcelona at the Emirates, he was the best defender on the pitch.

His performances when playing with Djourou have been fine for the most part. It's just when he plays with Squillaci he comes unstuck.

really though?
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Yes.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Hlebagone wrote:Yes.
    But... really?
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:23 pm

He could be. But he won't be. Not that Gary Cahill's all that, but Koscielny is the French Michael Turner, i.e. shit. If that penalty gets given against him against Barca at the Emirates, and Messi's goal was allowed, then it probably would have been 3-0 by half time and no one is trying to find Arsenal players to praise. They fluke one result and suddenly Koscielny's a player.

Just like Wilshere might one day be like Jesus with a football, but right now he's a gobby little twat who gets in fights, can't tackle, breaks up with a young girl after getting her up the duff and has now started his own (shit) fashion label.
    Matt_AFC
    Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
    Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:44 pm

top draw comment from possibly the most sterotypical yid ever! Doh
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:37 pm

xBallack wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:Yes.
    But... really?

Tempted to back down from all this pressure.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:36 pm

debaser wrote:Man City haven't won away in 2011. And have scored just 6 goals in their 10 away games this year. And three of these goals came from trips to Notts County and Leicester in the FA Cup. And two at Birmingham. Which leaves 1 goal from the other 7 away games. And that came 2 months ago at Man Utd. In a game they lost. Basically their position is resting wholly on their impressive home form (only dropped points in 1 home game in 2011).

Last night was a joke (i expected a defeat and had 2-0 in predictor i could see it coming) and our away form hasnt been great but i was expecting it to decline as since the turn of the year we've played Arsenal, Chelsea, U*D, Liverpool, Brum and Villa away, all tough away games....against the same teams U*d have gained 3 points from the 4 games. We really should have won at Brum and got something at Villa after dominating the game. U*d we were also unluck after playing well so although you say our form is terrible we have played some of the best teams away.

We will lose to Everton but i think we can pick up points at Blackburn and Bolton whilst we have a good chance of winning our home games. The Spurs match will be crucial and could well be the decider.

I still think we will get 4th, anyway fuck that for now its the big one on Saturday and i cant fucking wait bring on the c**ts !
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Matt_AFC wrote:top draw comment from possibly the most sterotypical yid ever! Doh

That's saints. He supports Southampton.

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 pm

So who is the stereotypical Yid? Kris?

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread - Page 5 Black-jew-demotivational-poster-1250534378

Or 0trick, the Yorkshire born mediocrity hunter?
    Matt_AFC
    Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
    Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Kimbo wrote:So who is the stereotypical Yid? Kris?

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread - Page 5 Black-jew-demotivational-poster-1250534378

Or 0trick, the Yorkshire born mediocrity hunter?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am