Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
fcb
Kroos
The Easter Bunny
Matt_AFC
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
Brian2468
TheCrazy58
debaser
Hlebagone
christmasborocooper
Aristoskank
COTR
S4P
Puro
Kimbo
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
TM
Cesc Soler
26 posters

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread

Post by Kimbo Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Dunne didn't win it ffs, you shouldn't listen to the biased commentator, the prick referred to Villa as "we".

Anyway, that was barely football out there today, both teams should be docked points.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League 9th-11th April Discussion Thread

Post by debaser Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Vital win ok Table looks a lot nicer now.

Ref tried his best to give Newcastle the result, but they had nothing up front. If Taylor had scored that late free kick it would've been utterly criminal. I was half expecting Kuqi to score a last minute equalizer, the way life tends to go.

Poor Joey Barton must be knackered after all the whining he did in that match. Hard to believe just how gobby one little gobshite can be.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:01 pm

debaser wrote:Vital win ok Table looks a lot nicer now.

Ref tried his best to give Newcastle the result, but they had nothing up front. If Taylor had scored that late free kick it would've been utterly criminal. I was half expecting Kuqi to score a last minute equalizer, the way life tends to go.

Poor Joey Barton must be knackered after all the whining he did in that match. Hard to believe just how gobby one little gobshite can be.

Bullshit. Personally i think a draw would have been pretty fair, neither team did very well. And in regards to Bartons whinging, Ashley Young has him well beaten in those stakes.

Anyway, we still have the 6-0. <Ale>
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Bullshit. Personally i think a draw would have been pretty fair, neither team did very well. And in regards to Bartons whinging, Ashley Young has him well beaten in those stakes.

Didnt Villa relegate you 2 years ago. I think that trumps a 6-0 somewhat.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Rosicky wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Didnt Villa relegate you 2 years ago. I think that trumps a 6-0 somewhat.

Not really, we relegated ourselves with the help of Howard Webb, but yes they were lucky enough to have the ball ricochet into our net on the last day of the season. It was pretty much an own goal.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Kimbo wrote:

We scored 2 legit goals and the officials only allowed 1. Strong penalty shout too, plus a number of smaller decisions. We weren't very fluent, but created a lot more chances.

Young whines alot, but nothing on Barton, at least not today.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Just seen Daniel Sturridge's goals against Wham. We could do worse than put in a cheeky bid - the improvement he has made getting regular football at Bolton is impressive. Really decent technique off both feet, elegant player.

Reckon he has a big future
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Agree. Never really impressed me that much, remember being fairly negative about him a few months back on a thread concerning him. But he seems to be pretty good all round, and have a knack for scoring goals.
    With Rooney suspended for the next international, I imagine he'll get a call up.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Yeah, although he was getting such few opportunities as Chelsea it was almost impossible to make a judgement. Clearly a confidence player, and like any youngster playing regularly is clearly seeing him improve.

He looks very good on the ball which is important, and why I think he could have a future at international level as well as in the League. Very mobile, and what a left foot!

Better prospect that Welbeck IMO. Said this awhile back

Good result for the Villa today. Debbie will be happy. Kimmy I imagine is as grumpy as ever.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:18 pm

We Want 5! wrote:Yeah, although he was getting such few opportunities as Chelsea it was almost impossible to make a judgement. Clearly a confidence player, and like any youngster playing regularly is clearly seeing him improve.

He looks very good on the ball which is important, and why I think he could have a future at international level as well as in the League. Very mobile, and what a left foot!

Better prospect that Welbeck IMO. Said this awhile back

Good result for the Villa today. Debbie will be happy. Kimmy I imagine is as grumpy as ever.

It was just a frustrating one today, i can't help thinking that if we had our first team out it would've been a comfortable win. 3 points lost to our own circumstances. <Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Always been a big Talent (rate him higher than Welbeck for example), but moving from Citeh to Chelsea was utterly bizarre.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I believe on his departure from City he said "Brotha gotta eat"
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 am

Curious, when I hyped up Sturridge a few months back I was ridiculed and berated.

Curious, Arsenal scored two offside goals yesterday, had a stonewall red card on Lehmann not given, and a penalty against them not given, and Puro has said absolutely nothing about it. Nor have all the Arsenal fans who rolls their eyes every time Man Utd get a decision their way.

Curious. Razz
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Victimisation. Oh how we have missed it.

You can check back the thread, but I don't think ridiculed and berated is really what happened. Possibly some genuine discussion about his potential. If you want to claim some credit for possibly calling it then that's fine, there's no need to make yourself the victim of a sad tale.

Regarding the offside goals, Van Persie, for the third, to the letter of the law, Van Persie was onside, and just watched the first, and the left centre back plays him onside.
    The penalty was a penalty so was lucky there. Regarding the Lehmann red card, i'm sure the referee would have given it had they not immediately scored afterwards. Seems reasonable.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:56 pm

We Want 5! wrote:Just seen Daniel Sturridge's goals against Wham. We could do worse than put in a cheeky bid - the improvement he has made getting regular football at Bolton is impressive. Really decent technique off both feet, elegant player.

Reckon he has a big future

Remember Kimbo shouting me down about Sturridge a while back hope he comes through the more young quality players the merrier.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Spurs 5-0 Madrid wrote:Curious, when I hyped up Sturridge a few months back I was ridiculed and berated.

Curious, Arsenal scored two offside goals yesterday, had a stonewall red card on Lehmann not given, and a penalty against them not given, and Puro has said absolutely nothing about it. Nor have all the Arsenal fans who rolls their eyes every time Man Utd get a decision their way.

Curious. Razz

Saints, is that you?

I do hope your new name prediction comes true
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:18 pm

We are starting another one of our pups tonight which thankfully means no hoof at right back

..............Reina

Flanagan...Hoof...Skrtel...Aurelio

...........Spearing..Lucas
    ....Kuyt.......Meireles
    ..........................Suarez
    ...............Carroll

Seriously (probably critically) weakened but you never know. Nice to have Aurelio back for another five mins of action.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:52 pm

You've still got a lot of first team regulars in there..its not that weakened really.

What's it missing? Gerrard and Johnson and Kelly?
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 pm

GOALLLLLLLLLLAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:16 pm

One for Kimbo.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Tevez is crocked. Good news for Man Utd with the cup semi-final coming up, and good news for Spurs in their chase for 4th.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:18 pm

TORRES.

Sturridge>Carrol>Torres
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 pm

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLAZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOoo
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Dalglish can't believe his luck. An out of sorts, disruptive striker sold and replaced by 2 strikers for a net fee of £6m who look like they are going to form an excellent partnership.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

KUYT!!! As always in big games Blush
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

lol 3-0 now. What a rape.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Rosicky wrote:One for Kimbo.

Two for Kimbo cheers
    Matt_AFC
    Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
    Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:39 pm

OG
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Give me an R
    Give me an A
    Give me a..P
    Give me an E

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:34 pm