Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
blutgraetsche
Balack was Coward
TheCrazy58
Chris 23*
bluenine
EMP
S4P
rosenthal
worms rises
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
debaser
ERIK LAMELA
Axeslammer
Bashmachkin
Romford Pele
Glenarch of the Glen
Pierre Littbarski
worms.
Brian2468
Rosicky
Xavier
Pirlo
Jaime
Puro
Luis
christmasborocooper
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Allez les rouges
stinger
Hlebagone
110%
Kimbo
The Easter Bunny
fcb
Fade out
Isco Benny
42 posters

Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Isco Benny Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Nasri coasts too much, he has Fernando Gago syndrome. I think Shaz once (ludicrously) said Andres Iniesta lacks *it*, despite having all the ability in the world. I think that label applies to Nasri, somethings missing, and it's hard to figure out what.

Not sure how Fenomeno can suggest Ben Arfa's underrated - he's been pretty much hyped as a "New Zidane since he left Clairefontaine and joined Lyon... we're all still waiting for him to become this dominant player.

Taarabt is ludicrously gifted (probably the most skilful of ALL the players mentioned in this convo) but his terrible attitude and self-indulgence has done for him at the top level.

Dos Santos is nowhere near as bad, and he is saveable - He's basically at the same point where Ben Arfa was in 2008/9 - he scored 5 in 16 for Racing last year and somebody decent will take a chance on him. #whatcouldhavebeen.

Arshavin is the best and most dangerous of the lot when on top of his game, but those days look to be behind him, he's lost much of his explosiveness that made him so great between 2006-9.

Bentley just got found out - there's a reason he didn't make it at Arsenal and flopped at Spurs. Talented and with a keen eye for the spectacular he may be, but he lacked the speed of foot, thought, and application to hang with the best.

Agree with most of this, but the point is still the same for all of these guys - there are many many players considerably less naturally gifted than all of them who have had been far more successful. All of them have so far been "found out" to varying degrees, and it's mental as opposed to technical/physical. Which was the sole point of this entire debate from the start: Barfa can have all the skill he wants, but that is still no guarantee he will come good.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

I still wouldn't compare players who produced magic in second division/youth level or in random circumstance at top flight without producing anything at end of it, to players who have done well in first division. Of course, Taarabdt could do a rabona cross in mid-air in championship, but it doesn't mean he's any more skillful than Barfa. I'd value more Barfa's moments of magic vs Twente, Copenhagen, Everton, Blackburn or Nasri's vs Fulham, Porto, Man United, but nothing of Dos Santos/Taarabdt registers/warrants the same level of attention/hype.

Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 am

Bentley's left foot, header are so few & far between. He's hardly an all round player. I'm still not sure he's technically anywhere close to Beckham. Becks inside of his right foot >>> Anything of Bentley. Of course you right mention vision/application - I don't think Bentley is as refined a player as Beckham. He's a con-artist, aping to be Beckham. He got shown up eventually.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 am

110% wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:Fade Out was talking about Arshavin's incisiveness - willingness to run at players and try difficult passes, regarding his mentality. Thought that was obvious.

I understand what you mean

Thank you.

Yeah, I truly hope Nasri improves his visibility level. Even though he averages a lot of passes/touches, it's all rudimentary & little sterile. Needs to be more incisive, as I said.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 am

Fade out wrote:
    110% wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:Fade Out was talking about Arshavin's incisiveness - willingness to run at players and try difficult passes, regarding his mentality. Thought that was obvious.

I understand what you mean

Thank you.

Yeah, I truly hope Nasri improves his visibility level. Even though he averages a lot of passes/touches, it's all rudimentary & little sterile. Needs to be more incisive, as I said.

But has nothing to do with having a mentality like Arshavin, so thank you

PS He skied a few shots against Liverpool very similar to Arshavin

To the next Arshavin cheers

Last edited by 110% on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 am

Technically, that was a wrong word to use. So fair play.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Why is there no uproar over this?

So it's not okay to say black c**t, but Dutch c**t is okay in England?

Outrage! What is wrong with Liverpool players in general!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:23 pm

3:30 cheers
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:44 pm

The original tekkers cheers
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Why would you want to buy Ravel Morrison?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:38 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Why would you want to buy Ravel Morrison?

Pssh i dunno.

Tiote got sent off in a friendly for strangling a Tunisian.

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 2 7AeH1

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 2 68Ky4
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Bloody negrito
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Kimbo bro! if you get Demba Cissé, then Newcastle may have the best striker tandem in the league. Shocked

Demba Cissé is actually better than Demba Ba, sort of like Claudio Pizarro and Berbatov. We'll see if Demba Cissé is given at least seven straight games so that he can find a rhythm in the league and then explode. Demba Cissé will not cut it if he's given 10 minutes here, 15m there, then two straight games on the bench followed by another 15m cameo like that Khazar gave my man Pizarro at Chelsea. That shite won't work with Demba Cissé either.

Hopefully Pardieu is not a thick imbecile like that Khazar. Everything points to Pardieu breaking in his new brilliant striker properly unlike that Khazar who made a career out of other managers's work and he didn't have to touch the team. As soon as he tinkered with a team he got them relegated. Ain't that right, Khazar! You commie!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Puro wrote:Kimbo bro! if you get Demba Cissé, then Newcastle may have the best striker tandem in the league. Shocked

Demba Cissé is actually better than Demba Ba, sort of like Claudio Pizarro and Berbatov. We'll see if Demba Cissé is given at least seven straight games so that he can find a rhythm in the league and then explode. Demba Cissé will not cut it if he's given 10 minutes here, 15m there, then two straight games on the bench followed by another 15m cameo like that Khazar gave my man Pizarro at Chelsea. That shite won't work with Demba Cissé either.

Hopefully Pardieu is not a thick imbecile like that Khazar. Everything points to Pardieu breaking in his new brilliant striker properly unlike that Khazar who made a career out of other managers's work and he didn't have to touch the team. As soon as he tinkered with a team he got them relegated. Ain't that right, Khazar! You commie!

Holy shit, I just saw this. Apparently we're signing Yohan Benalouane from Cesena aswell which is less exciting, I was hoping for a french wonderkid.

btw, no one is better than Ba. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Holy shit, I just saw this. Apparently we're signing Yohan Benalouane from Cesena aswell which is less exciting, I was hoping for a french wonderkid.

Congrats Kimbo bro! I'm happy for you! <Ale>

Demba Cissé is Claudio Pizarro and Demba Ba is Berbatov. This in Bundesliga performance obviously. You can ask our German friends to get confirmation that I speak the truth as always. Well, sometimes I get it wrong too, but not in this instance. Biggrin

At any rate, Ba is already a beast in the EPL and you are getting one that was better than him in Germany. Shocked

It's like Claudio Pizarro and Berbatov all over again. Pardieu without a doubt will know how to get the best out of Demba Cissé unlike that Khazar (who relegated West Ham) who didn't know how to get the best out of Claudio Pizarro FFS! What a dumb c**t that Khazar is!

And, to finish in a positive note, here's hoping Pardieu gives Demba Cissé at least seven straight games. I'm telling you, he's better than Demba ba. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 pm

----------------------Krul----------------------

Santon--Taylor--Coloccini--Cissokho

Ben Arfa---Cabaye--Tiote---Gutierrez

----------------Cisse----Ba----------------

Hows about that then? Biggrin <Ale>
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Demba Ba is not Berbatov...how insulting. Berbatov hasnt the balls of Demba Ba.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Kimbo wrote:----------------------Krul----------------------

In my opinion, the best striking duo in the EPL IF IF IF IF IF Pardieu can get the best out of Demba Cissé (give him SEVEN straight games no matter what you Pardieu c**t! DO NOT BE AN IMBECILE KHAZAR!!!).
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Puro wrote:Kimbo bro! if you get Demba Cissé, then Newcastle may have the best striker tandem in the league. Shocked

He is french!!!! bounce cheers
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Will Barfa be trusted to start? Seems Pardew still has his doubts about his workrate:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pardew-ben-arfa-must-work-harder-6289417.html

On paper looks like a nice team. But Cisse is unlikely to slot straight in and start playing well immediately. Will take him time to get used to the pace of the league, especially as a January signing without the benefit of a pre season. Could prove an excellent long term buy though
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Kimbo bro! I can really appreciate how Newcastle spends only one third of what that Khazar team from North London do to achieve the same results. You know Newcastle will finish strong unlike the Khazars who melt completely as soon as they're found out and they feel the pressure. Once they're exposed they lose. Biggrin <Ale>

Come on Newcastle! kick their asses just like when Ñol Solano was with you kicking their asses all the time. Whoop
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Puro wrote:Kimbo bro! I can really appreciate how Newcastle spends only one third of what that Khazar team from North London do to achieve the same results. You know Newcastle will finish strong unlike the Khazars who melt completely as soon as they're found out and they feel the pressure. Once they're exposed they lose. Biggrin <Ale>

Come on Newcastle! kick their asses just like when Ñol Solano was with you kicking their asses all the time. Whoop

Is this the shittest wind up in history? Laughing

The Khazar team who you predicted would be in a relegation battle when Redknapp took over from Ramos spent a net total -19 million in the summer.

In the same time period that Newcastle stopped splurging 15 million and 110K a week on Michael Owen (ie the last 3 seasons), the Khazar team from North London have spent a net total of -1 million. Yikes mes amis, that's some fuckin' big spenders! YikesLaugh Ale

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 pm

That's some serious talent and brilliant work in the transfer market - not seen much of Taylor but quite familiar with the rest of the guys there - do you have Vuckic still at the club and does he get much playing time? Saw him in a youth international game in N.Italy a few years ago and remember he had a hammer shot. 5th should definitely be achievable, i think that's a better first team than the Europa League challenging teams in my opinion and more exciting to watch. Do you think if it really hits stride you can achieve a top4? Hope to see that squad kept together and in Europe next season!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Pirlo wrote:

That's some serious talent and brilliant work in the transfer market - not seen much of Taylor but quite familiar with the rest of the guys there - do you have Vuckic still at the club and does he get much playing time? Saw him in a youth international game in N.Italy a few years ago and remember he had a hammer shot. 5th should definitely be achievable, i think that's a better first team than the Europa League challenging teams in my opinion and more exciting to watch. Do you think if it really hits stride you can achieve a top4? Hope to see that squad kept together and in Europe next season!

To be fair we haven't signed 2 of them yet.

Vuckic is still here, he started against Liverpool but we had a bad off day.

Strength in depth is our weakness, I think we will do well to finish 7th this season, next season maybe we can challenge for top 4. It depends what happens in the summer.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I don't get it - why sign Cisse now if he can't help during the ACN anyway? Unless he's going to be a Ba replacement once both of them are back.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

fcb wrote:I don't get it - why sign Cisse now if he can't help during the ACN anyway? Unless he's going to be a Ba replacement once both of them are back.

Because we wanted him before someone else got him? We were going to sign Maiga who is also at the ACN, so I don't think it is a big deal to us.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

I dont understand the question Kas..why wouldnt you sign a striker you think is good to add more to a squad in need of depth? So he's away for a month...he'll be back for another 4..and the season after.

Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 pm

As far as Bundesliga performances are concerned, Cisse is twice the player Demba Ba is... Cisse managed the same amount of goals as Ba did in 32 fewer games playing for FREIBURG, a team that does not score a lot of goals against anyone!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Ba's progress accelerated when he joined West Ham and started playing in a proper league....

Here little fishies..
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Only commenting on which was the best player in the Bundesliga, since Puro asked for confirmation... no doubt Demba Ba is flying with Newcastle, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:33 pm