Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Formerly known as sheva7
mongrel hawk
messiah
Rosicky
BoBo Vieri 32
Di Caniooooo!
christmasborocooper
Kimbo
Antarion
Cristiano
110%
stinger
Deluded F*ck™
anglophileHedgehog
chrissicross
ERIK LAMELA
Pras_tama
Ä
Hlebagone
bluenine
TheCrazy58
fcb
Ricardo Jol
Isco Benny
Fade out
Super Progress
EMP
worms.
Romford Pele
debaser
Axeslammer
DD
Jaime
abundance
blutgraetsche
Kroos
Fey
Murray
Allez les rouges
43 posters

Oranje Thread

Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Oranje Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Oranje Thread

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:35 pm

It is pretty funny to make all sorts of excuses for the rather inconsistent performances of an Özil in a "non-footballing" side, and make no such allowances for the team-playing limitations and individual selfishness of the Dutch national team over recent years where van Persie is concerned.

His character might not be very appealing – for a change in a Dutch context – but there can be no question any more about his status as one of the world's top three strikers and as his country's one unquestioned world-class star right now, or indeed his ability to slot into a reasonably footballing team and make an immediate impact, even if he is better than the rest of them.

So Fey might be right in claiming he can start to do better in a young technical team with fewer of the other overrated egos getting in the way, let's see.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 pm

First, there is nothing to excuse in Özil's case. Özil's performances for Germany during Euro 2012 were sub par, but that probably applies to the vast majority of German players. However, there is tendency of making him responsible for shortcomings of the philosophy and game plan in Mourinho Madrid, coupled with the ridiculous expectation of a defence splitting pass in every minute of the match (to whom? I ask). And while Özil is far from being brilliant in every Germany match, the consistency of good to excellent performances for his country is on a whole different planet compared to Van Persie.

Özil just turned 24 and has his best years ahead of him. Van Persie is close to 30 and has never been convincing for his country, a shadow of the club player if there is any. That basically speaks for itself.

Time is running out for him, and while he may do better indeed as the sole focal point of the team, the quality of the team is not sufficient to win a major title, at least in foreseeable future. Van Persie, just like the rest of the Dutch "fab four", has already blown his best chances on the international level.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 pm

"Fag four"
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Imagine how friggin awesome holland would be if it invaded Belgium.

It's very odd that a country like Holland - so often lauded for it's ability to churn out top quality young players, has now been totally eclipsed firstly by Ze Jarmans, and now the choccy munching wannabe Frenchies.

It says it all how far Holland have fallen that they now have to rely on a mediocre club like Feyenoord to provide the majority of their team. Holland need Ajax back doing what they do best, just like their awesome team of the 70s and 90s. Until then, frankly they are fucked.

Tchuss Ale
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Imagine how friggin awesome holland would be if it invaded Belgium.

It's very odd that a country like Holland - so often lauded for it's ability to churn out top quality young players, has now been totally eclipsed firstly by Ze Jarmans, and now the choccy munching wannabe Frenchies.

It says it all how far Holland have fallen that they now have to rely on a mediocre club like Feyenoord to provide the majority of their team. Holland need Ajax back doing what they do best, just like their awesome team of the 70s and 90s. Until then, frankly they are fucked.

Tchuss Oranje Thread - Page 9 F_ale2

Smile Laughing cheers Oranje Thread - Page 9 F_hug

This is beyond awesome Emily. If it would be in Dutch it could have been spoken like a true ajax fan.

I look at it differently though, I've said it for years that the Fey-jugend would become the backbone of this nation. Just like Rotterdam is for the economy. It had to happen, circle of life and all that. Now, it's true that on paper it doesnt look that much, and it is true that Holland are fucked if they fail. But, why would it fail? It worked for Germany, and this generation of Fey-Jugend, and especially the NBKKers (Natural born kraut killers) that will make Oranje in the next couple of years, are used to destroy Germany.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Expected Oranje line-up!

-------------Krul---------
    Janmaat---de Vrij---Indi-----Blind
    ------------Clasie--------------
    -----De Guzman--------Maher
    Kuyt------van Persie-------Lens

The ones in bold are Fey-jugend, and I think it's fair to say that after Barcelona we have the best academy. Imagine if we didnt waste all that money in Africa, there would be even more Fey-jugend to pick!

I must say van Gaal's selection procedure is almost flawless. And it's clearly inspired by my manifest I wrote before the euros. http://www.europeanboard.net/t23781p30-oranje-thread

Many people mock van Gaal for his squad. But he is a visionary, like me. And he is doing everything to get Oranje back after all those years of darkness. Tomorrow will be an interesting game for sure.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Fey wrote:Expected Oranje line-up!

The ones in bold are Fey-jugend, and I think it's fair to say that after Barcelona we have the best academy. Imagine if we didnt waste all that money in Africa, there would be even more Fey-jugend to pick!

I must say van Gaal's selection procedure is almost flawless. And it's clearly inspired by my manifest I wrote before the euros. http://www.europeanboard.net/t23781p30-oranje-thread

Many people mock van Gaal for his squad. But he is a visionary, like me. And he is doing everything to get Oranje back after all those years of darkness. Tomorrow will be an interesting game for sure.

van gaal had such an big impact on german football, I LOVE HIM
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Kroos wrote:
    Fey wrote:Expected Oranje line-up!

van gaal had such an big impact on german football, I LOVE HIM

He certainly had Oranje Thread - Page 9 F_ok He did more for German football in those few years then Schaaf did in his whole life. Downside is, Louis is telling this himself as well...and he told Pep as well that HE, LOUIS, laid the foundations for this current Bayern.

Anyway, official line-up!

----------------------------Krul----------------------------

Janmaat----------de Vrij----------Martins Indi---------Blind

-------Maher-------------Clasie------------Strootman--------

-------Lens-------------van Persie---------John-------------

Meh, Strootman. Also Robben is added to the squad cause rabbit got ill or something.

Pirlo v Clasie cheers

Last edited by Fey on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Bayern is not Germany.

That statement is true in many ways...
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:51 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Bayern is not Germany.

Well, they are the bestest you have to offer. Wasnt it a German politician that if the whole of Germany was like Bayern their would be any problems?

Besides Germany is one of the few countries where the south isnt considered retarded by the rest of the country ok
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Holland U-21 are playing against Croatia.

The squad!

Patrick van Aanholt (Vitesse), Leandro Bacuna (FC Groningen), Marco
    Bizot (FC Groningen), Jean-Paul Boëtius (Feyenoord), Jeffrey Bruma
    (Hamburger SV), Thomas Bruns (Heracles Almelo), Virgil van Dijk (FC
    Groningen), Lerin Duarte (Heracles Almelo), Ricky van Haaren
    (VVV-Venlo), Mike van der Hoorn (FC Utrecht), Luuk de Jong (Borussia
    Mönchengladbach), Florian Jozefzoon (RKC Waalwijk), Kelvin Leerdam
    (Feyenoord), Jürgen Locadia (PSV), Bram Nuytinck (Anderlecht), Rajiv van
    la Parra (sc Heerenveen), Tonny Trindade de Vilhena (Feyenoord),
    Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV), Yanic Wildschut (VVV-Venlo), Jeroen Zoet (RKC
    Waalwijk).

Boetius and Vilhena, the NBKKers, made their debut for the U-21....And Vilhena just scored the 1-3. What an insane talent. Me thinks he will skip the U-21 and will go to the seniors asap.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Fey wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:Bayern is not Germany.

Well, they are the bestest you have to offer. Wasnt it a German politician that if the whole of Germany was like Bayern their would be any problems?

Besides Germany is one of the few countries where the south isnt considered retarded by the rest of the country ok

That's very speculative considering the fact that Bayern used to be an agrarian country not too long ago and benefitted massively from the support of the other states (and the decline of Berlin after the divide - e.g. Siemens moved their headquarters to Munich because of that).

FC Bayern are Germany's biggest and richest club, they have the best squad, but as far as football philosophy and tactics are concerned, I wouldn't call them the best Germany has to offer. Van Gaal's undisputed achievement was implementing possession football into the modern Bayern DNA. But his dogmatism and Bayern's "by the book" implementation of traditional possession football of the Dutch mould, with a high emphasis on width (and hence side passes), made them predictable and quite often clueless against modern, well organised sides. Only now, after years of refinement by Heynckes, adding much needed defensive solidity and occasional counters and quick vertical passing to their repertoire, Bayern have the tools to overcome the really strong sides. It'll be much harder for Dortmund to beat them now, and beat them convincingly.

Other sides in Germany, Dortmund in particular, did have the tactical edge. And even a small club like Mainz, coached by a very promising upcoming coach Tuchel, gave them a hard time every time Bayern had to play them. Tactically, Van Gaal laid the foundation, but the refinement actually made them the formidable side they are now.

Van Gaal is a builder, not a sculptor.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 pm

GOAL!! 1-0 Holland. Lens.

I already had to change my underwear for a pass from Clasie to HSWHW Embarassed
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Christ, Pirlo and Clasie are touching eachother.

Italy had a few good counters so far, but good defending from de Vrij and BMI. Blind is clearly the weak link.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:30 pm

van Gaal together with me are part of the 1% in Holland when it comes to football intellect. The press thinks, these guys only play cause of injuries, but the 1% know better then that! Possession 60-40 for Holland.

de Vrij, BMI, Maher and Clasie all doing well. HSWHW will be subbed for the 2nd half.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh FFS Clasie off as well, De Guzman will replace him. Oh well, at least he will be fit for Sunday.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Robben should be put to sleep. The 1% knows his carreer his over, the rest of them sadly not. Worst player on the pitch this 2nd half by some distance. Kuyt is also on the pitch, but im indifferent towards him now these days.

Italy are beyond shite tbh. Buffon has more caps then the rest of the Dutch team that started combined.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Pff, Italy score a last minute equaliser. 1-1 FT. Was a mistake from Strontman imo. Good performance from Holland though, bar the last 4 minutes. If it was because Holland was that good or Italy that shite that remains to be seen.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Lots of Newcastle in this match. <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Fey wrote:HSWHW

Question
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 pm

He scores when he wants.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Ale

He also leaves the pitch when he wants. Or to be more precise, when Fergie wants it!

Ratings from Goal.com:

Krul 7,5
    Janmaat 7,5
    de Vrij 8
    BMI 7,5
    Blind 6
    Clasie 7,5
    Strootman 7
    Maher 8.5
    RVP 8
    Lens 8
    John 5

Robben 6
    Kuyt 4
    van Rhijn 5.5
    De Guzman 8

So after rock bottom, Holland is finally on the rise again it seems! Last nights game reminds me of.