Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
blutgraetsche
Di Caniooooo!
Puro
shazlx
TheCrazy58
S4P
Hlebagone
christmasborocooper
Murray
Rosicky
COTR
Kimbo
The Pröfessör
Deluded F*ck™
Fey
The Chosen Glenn
Isco Benny
debaser
Luis
23 posters

Premier League Fixtures 5/6 October 2013

The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Premier League Fixtures 5/6 October 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 5/6 October 2013

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Kimbo wrote:You spent 70-80 million on attacking players this summer, why can't you score?
    Gareth Bale scored all their goals last season.

They sold him.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League Fixtures 5/6 October 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 5/6 October 2013

Post by Fey Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:
    WHAM showing that you can pack your team full of big blacks and get quality results, so that's a thumb in the eye for Fey.

Very Happy

You can...but it remains accidental, not structural. And if it happens it's always as the away side on the counter. Cause I doubt they had more possesion today.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 am

Play Lewis Gosling properly (which means not just a few minutes at the end of the match) or suffer the consequences!
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:03 am

Luis wrote:
    Puro wrote:
    Luis wrote:Jack Wheelchair is having a stinker.
    He's always been SHITE! but you were NOT observing his game properly. TFS!

You'll learn, you're still a young blood.
    Nope, I've always said he's very over-rated. Ray seems to think he's Iniesta but one league goal ever is frankly dog shit.
    lol! lol! 

Where did I ever say this?? Please show me. The way you jump from one extreme to the other is actually quite funny. I've always said that him and Ramsey have big potential - that is something I still maintain. Ramsey has come out of his slump and is playing well, I expect Wilshere to do the same though I don't think he'll ever be a great goalscorer so that's not the best barometer to measure him against. Ramsey is better at timing his runs into the box and shoots well off either foot so I'd expect him to score more in this regard.

Sure, like others have said, I can't deny that Wilshere is stinking up the pitch a tad at the moment, but I think it's more through him needing match fitness and needing to get up to speed properly rather than anything else. He just needs to stay fit for a while like Ramsey did and i'm sure his form will improve. Still, when Henderson/Allen learn to play a through ball like he did for Giroud yesterday, come back to me Ale
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:46 am

ok

you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on any player unless everyone in the team you support is better than all the players from the club he plays for. 

The way Lewis jumps from one extreme to the other is actually quite funny. Wenger out Grr #legend
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:57 am

will.i.glenn wrote:ok

you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on any player unless everyone in the team you support is better than all the players from the club he plays for. 

The way Lewis jumps from one extreme to the other is actually quite funny. Wenger out Grr #legend
    Doh I never said this.

I still haven't changed my assertions on Wenger - my post on the Arsenal thread last week confirms that.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Doh lol! Laugh ok Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Tactically out witted by Sam Allardyce. Who'd have thunk it.

Watching that game most of Spurs team played like they'd been away and only just arrived back from a vodka party in deepest darkest Russia. Oh wait!

Wham played exactly as expected and Spurs walked straight into it, conceding set pieces and stretching out the defence and midfield trying to pick holes through the centre. Turning point was Defoes miss early second half one on one with Jaaskelainen. From then on failed miserably and ultimately got what we deserved.  Not that the title was ever realistic talk but at least now the trolling media will shut the fuck up about it. So many players still in transition , seasoned wily old c**ts like Allardyce and his team of big fuckers packing midfield are going to have success whilst the tactics are to keep trying to play a possession based game reliant on cohesive movement and understanding which only comes with familiarity.

Just waiting for Gaucho to come on here and blame it on Scott Parker.

Diame was excellent for them today. And whilst the first two goals were skanky as fuck, Morrison's was wonderful. Had to applaud that.
    notBigSam ‏@TheBig_Sam 18h

The Tottenham crest features a cock. They may as well change it to a battered fanny after the ravaging Big Sam gave them today. Boom.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:

WHAM showing that you can pack your team full of big blacks and get quality results, so that's a thumb in the eye for Fey.
    PROGRESS
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:29 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24467371

State of the Game: Premier League now less than one third English

i am not surprised, arsenal fields more germans than englandz

horrible stats

2 problems: i doubt that england produce enough quality talents (they only produce tim borowskis), 2nd problem, all clubs have to much money, they prefer to buy finished products

well i am not talking anything new here

Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:30 pm

How much money does a club lose if they get relegated to the 2.Bundesliga?

Then you have your answer for why many teams in the Prem are so short-termist. Villa took a massive risk last season developing young players and it nearly cost them.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:How much money does a club lose if they get relegated to the 2.Bundesliga?

Then you have your answer for why many teams in the Prem are so short-termist. Villa took a massive risk last season developing young players and it nearly cost them.
    the risk kind of balances though because had Villa gone down, it wouldn't have been as much of a financial disaster as it must have been for QPR with the signings and wagebill they'd got
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:46 pm

There is a financial loss, pretty significant for the clubs actually, but the major difference to the EPL is, AFAIK at least, that TV revenues are shared between 1. and 2. Bundesliga clubs, although the share of the 1. Bundesliga clubs is considerably higher, of course (it's 80-20 AFAIK). In the EPL, only relegated clubs get a relatively small financial compensation, the Championship and EPL are separated financially.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Are other top leagues as scrutinized as the premier league? La liga and the bundesliga appear to have pathetic strength in depth, do they actually worry about this? Or are they busy feeling smug because of the amount of foreign players in England?

There's a reason Mr Chong and Mr Prabdeep prefer the premier league, it's because if one of the top teams isn't on it's game a lower team will run them all over the place. Focus on your own problems Jerry! <Ale> 
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Bundesliga has no 'pathetic strength in depth', quite on the contrary. That's just nonsense.

But I agree actually, we should concentrate on our own issues.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:07 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Bundesliga has no 'pathetic strength in depth', quite on the contrary. That's just nonsense.

But I agree actually, we should concentrate on our own issues.
    What about compared to the premier league?

I'll make 2 predictions.

1. No German team will do anything of note in europe outside of Bayern and Dortmund

2. It will be another Bayern Dortmund 1-2 in the league
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Schalke won their group ahead of Arsenal last year and made the semi finals a few years earlier. How is that nothing? German clubs have done pretty well in the Europa League also.

Strength in depth can not just be measured by European success though, that's pretty simplistic, otherwise the EPL strength in depth must be pretty pathetic these days considering the relatively weak showing of EPL clubs in the CL last season.

Bayern and Dortmund may be ahead of the pack in Germany these days, but this does not mean that the rest is just cannon fodder. The league is very competitive and no walk in a park for either of them, despite the current gap in quality. The competition for the European places is very very tough in Germany actually.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Schalke won their group ahead of Arsenal last year and made the semi finals a few years earlier. How is that nothing? German clubs have done pretty well in the Europa League also.

Strength in depth can not just be measured by European success though, that's pretty simplistic, otherwise the EPL strength in depth must be pretty pathetic these days considering the relatively weak showing of EPL clubs in the CL last season.

Bayern and Dortmund may be ahead of the pack in Germany these days, but this does not mean that the rest is just cannon fodder. The league is very competitive and no walk in a park for either of them, despite the current gap in quality. The competition for the European places is very very tough in Germany actually.
    What about last year when the Germans were literally getting thrashed in the europa league?

I agree though that european success gets overrated, I think this season with the top clubs in England having a tough time is going to do alot for the leagues reputation, even if like last year they are poor in europe.

I'm just wondering why continental fans think the premier league has stayed a success, do they think it's solely down to marketing? All I ever read is criticism, which is strange as alot of people in the UK are very complimentary towards German football and how they do things, how fans are treated etc. Clearly not everyone can be as clear-minded as the English. La liga fans are by far the worst offenders, they think their league is awesome because 2 teams are filled with superstars, but the fact is it has become as interesting as Vettel winning F1. Why would Mr Chong want to watch Barca cruise to another 4-0 win when he can watch Man U being given the run around by WBA or Sunderland?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 pm

The premier league is a highly successful, brilliantly marketed league with a very high entertainment value. If this wasn't the case, the league could not be marketed to begin with. There's genuine quality and there are good matches, even if Sky naturally try to sell their product as the best thing since sliced bread, which it isn't.

This said, the criticism aimed at the EPL is primarily not aimed at the league itself, but the consequences it has for English football, not just the English national team. The fact that it has gotten ridiculously expensive to attend to matches, or the influx of foreign owners taking over clubs with huge tradition.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:47 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:The premier league is a highly successful, brilliantly marketed league with a very high entertainment value. If this wasn't the case, the league could not be marketed to begin with. There's genuine quality and there are good matches,  even if Sky naturally try to sell their product as the best thing since sliced bread,  which it isn't.

This said,  the criticism aimed at the EPL is primarily not aimed at the league itself,  but the consequences it has for English football, not just the English national team. The fact that it has gotten ridiculously expensive to attend to matches,  or the influx of foreign owners taking over clubs with huge tradition.
    But if you look over the last 50 years England have spent most of it being shit, we've just had the odd good team. If we had less foreign players here we would just have a much worse league, and our lack of depth would be more exposed. There's also nothing stopping English players going abroad if they can't get games here, i'm sure foreign clubs hold trials they could attend.

I agree that fans here are treated like customers though, it's not going to change until fans tell their clubs to fuck off, but when they do that they get accused of being disloyal.

I suppose you have heard of the Cardiff owner? tongue 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24454963

Premier League Fixtures 5/6 October 2013 - Page 5 Article-0-1B36576F000005DC-610_634x516

He's like a weird Asian Mike Ashley.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:10 am

Shocker, Newcastle fans arrested more than any other fan base.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24476130
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:31 am

Kimbo wrote:
    But if you look over the last 50 years England have spent most of it being shit, we've just had the odd good team. If we had less foreign players here we would just have a much worse league, and our lack of depth would be more exposed. There's also nothing stopping English players going abroad if they can't get games here, i'm sure foreign clubs hold trials they could attend.

I agree that fans here are treated like customers though, it's not going to change until fans tell their clubs to fuck off, but when they do that they get accused of being disloyal.

I suppose you have heard of the Cardiff owner? tongue 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24454963

Premier League Fixtures 5/6 October 2013 - Page 5 Article-0-1B36576F000005DC-610_634x516

He's like a weird Asian Mike Ashley.
    Again, it's not just the national team. The question remains: What is actually 'English' about the Premier League anymore? Less than a third of the players are English, most of the club owners aren't English anymore, hell, probably most of the fans aren't either as it has become a global brand with a truly global reach. The latter is of course positive and other leagues should try to follow the example, but at what cost is this happening in England? Identity is lost. Be honest Kimbo, isn't easier to identify with a player from your own region than someone who has no ties to your club or region whatsoever? If those foreign players are academy products it's a whole different matter, but the vast majority are imports, and due to the financial strength of the league it's usually fully developed players.

I don't think that quotas are the solution either, but there should be an obligation of the league to support English football, to promote the education of young English players, otherwise they simply should remove the "E" from "EPL".

P.S.: I wonder when the first club chooses a Haiku as their club anthem...
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Shocker, Newcastle fans arrested more than any other fan base.

Fighting is in their blood!

This is what happens when a big dominant male Kimbo encounters a smaller dominant male Kimbo!

Surprised 
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:23 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I don't think that quotas are the solution either, but there should be an obligation of the league to support English football, to promote the education of young English players, otherwise they simply should remove the "E" from "EPL".
    There's never been an E. Just like the English FA is just "The FA" Razz
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Shocker, Newcastle fans arrested more than any other fan base.

We have alot of fans and the most reactionary police force in the country. I think we're usually at the top of this table. Imagine if the cockney police arrested every fan that heiled Hitler or made a hissing noise at a Jew? Northumbria police would arrest every single one.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:20 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Again, it's not just the national team. The question remains: What is actually 'English' about the Premier League anymore? Less than a third of the players are English, most of the club owners aren't English anymore, hell, probably most of the fans aren't either as it has become a global brand with a truly global reach. The latter is of course positive and other leagues should try to follow the example, but at what cost is this happening in England? Identity is lost. Be honest Kimbo, isn't easier to identify with a player from your own region than someone who has no ties to your club or region whatsoever? If those foreign players are academy products it's a whole different matter, but the vast majority are imports, and due to the financial strength of the league it's usually fully developed players.

I don't think that quotas are the solution either, but there should be an obligation of the league to support English football, to promote the education of young English players, otherwise they simply should remove the "E" from "EPL".

P.S.: I wonder when the first club chooses a Haiku as their club anthem...
    Local players are good, but overrated, if the talent isn't there you can end up with donkeys like Steven Taylor and Shola Ameobi stinking the place out for a decade.

It would be nice to do more to develop local talent, but our ENGLISH owner runs the club like a pound shop. tongue  Plus if you do develop a really good talent he'll probably end up at a top 4 club before he's 18.

Personally I think the problem goes beyond football, the sports we excel at are usually PGD sports. I've never seen our Rugby team play with much flair, we have had world class boxers but we rarely have slick fighters. British sportsmen just don't have much flair for some reason.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:52 pm

debaser wrote:
    Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:How much money does a club lose if they get relegated to the 2.Bundesliga?

the risk kind of balances though because had Villa gone down, it wouldn't have been as much of a financial disaster as it must have been for QPR with the signings and wagebill they'd got
    That's one way of looking at it - however if you are already in cost-cutting mode with the benefit of TV money, and then you get relegated... it's not a good thing, no?

At least when QPR spent but it wasn't on a Portsmouth scale.

Oh, & lol! at that Video. *Jim Ross voice* "Oh my God!"
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Kroos wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24467371

State of the Game: Premier League now less than one third English

i am not surprised, arsenal fields more germans than englandz

horrible stats

2 problems: i doubt that england produce enough quality talents (they only produce tim borowskis), 2nd problem, all clubs have to much money, they prefer to buy finished products

well i am not talking anything new here

Indeed, nothing new, but at least with the building of St George's and the introduction of an u21/18 Premier League and overhauls to the coaching system there are finally quantifiable deliverables that will make the FA accountable in 10 years. In the past, it's been mostly talk little action, but it seems slowly the FA is having it's feet held over the coals and making changes.

In terms of differences in the English and German fan psyche - nobody really cares much for the National Team currently in this country, and equally the prospect of Englanders salivating over the performances of their rivals in Europe with one hand on their bratwurst and another on a calculator obsessing over coefficients is rather alien to us. I'm not judging, their is something rather cute about how some German fans like Blut get excited supporting the team that regularly pulls his domestic team's pants down in the Bundesliga and hoovers up all the best talent like some bloated gut parasite (Lewandowski just yet another depressing example). But if we're being honest, all it does is display a small league mentality - so desperate for the Bundesliga to get recognition and success that you're forced to unite like some kind of rebel alliance. Kudos to Fey because despite the Eredivisie being 3rd rate, at least he throws his lot into one basket and doesn't start kissing his weekend's enemies on the ass during midweek.

As I said, small time. W to the G. Tchussssssssssss motherfuckers Ale
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Hah....the only interest I have in Bayern doing well in Europe is

a) to improve the league's position so there's a remote chance for my beloved Werder to regain a CL spot in future - much easier with four instead of three spots.

b) to see the NT players gaining experience and do well on the highest level, against the best competition, so we can finally win something again, been a while.

I don't fucking care about 'recognition' of the league or the other nonsense you're pulling straight out of your arse Bernd. As if 'recognition' by the Engländers changes a damn thing for German football. On the contrary, it's likely counter-productive as the level of positive hype in English rags these days makes me feel rather uncomfortable - usually it's a good bet for things going south pretty quick.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    Deluded F*ck™ wrote:How much money does a club lose if they get relegated to the 2.Bundesliga?

That's one way of looking at it - however if you are already in cost-cutting mode with the benefit of TV money, and then you get relegated... it's not a good thing, no?

At least when QPR spent but it wasn't on a Portsmouth scale.
    it wouldn't have been good, no. but would be less disastrous as we wouldn't have been stuck with too many senior players on PL wages.

I'd love to see QPR's accounts. the owners must be underwriting so much losses. you look at their squad now and they've got more established PL players (i.e. late 20s/30s, high wage) than most PL clubs. they might be alright if they bounce straight back, but if they're stuck for a few years they'll be fucked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:32 am