Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
RedDevil
BoBo Vieri 32
The Easter Bunny
The Pröfessör
bluenine
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
S4P
stinger
Xavier
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
Kroos
Murray
Super Progress
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
Deluded F*ck™
Jaime
shazlx
messiah
TheCrazy58
Pierre Littbarski
christmasborocooper
debaser
Pras_tama
Roger Hunt
Axeslammer
110%
Kimbo
Fey
Luis
38 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by Luis Sat May 30, 2015 4:06 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Wasn't that always the excuse when Rafa was in charge? He didn't make the bad signings? But Hodgson did.. Now Rodgers doesn't either. Weird club. Manager should grow some balls and demand final say

Nope. Rafa made plenty of bad signings: Josemi, Voronin, Aquilani, Keane to name a few. He made a lot of mistakes - falling out with Alonso was clearly an error which led to him leaving. However Rafa signed Alonso in the first place, he signed Torres, Garcia, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Agger, Reina, etc as well.

Hodgson was a disaster that goes beyond just his transfers. He was a negative poison that spread quickly from his 'tactics' to his press conferences to his general lack of care for anything but his image. He was a yes man that Hicks and Gillett could easily control.

Rodgers has been here three years and the only transfers we've made in that time that have been successful are Coutinho and Sturridge. There's a case for Sakho, Can and Lallana but all three haven't been consistent enough yet.

Rodgers is to blame for some of the transfers, that's obvious. Lovren and Markovic are the two that have been the worst for the money paid. However signings like Lambert are never a risk - they're meant to be a third/fourth choice striker at an ambitious club.

Rodgers isn't to blame for the lack of balls our club showed over Suarez. 50 million is an insult and we should have at very least demanded that Sanchez was part of that deal. No Sanchez, no Suarez, it's very simple. Suarez was contracted to us.

Rodgers also isn't to blame for Sturridge getting injured for pretty much all season or for Sterling deciding to act like a spoilt little baby from March onwards.

However Rodgers hasn't sorted out the mess of a defence and it's been three seasons. That's not good enough.

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work like you put it. The manager can't 'demand' to have the final say or his job is over. That's why Rafa was chucked away by the two American twats at the time for Hodgson. There is a transfer committee at Liverpool IMO - Rodgers has some say but sometimes he doesn't. Balotelli is a prime example - he was forced upon us because we didn't expect to lose Suarez until the season after. We had no Plan B and Balotelli was drafted in.

It just seems strange to me that Rodgers is a large advocate of attractive, one touch, quick tempo football yet we're liked to Benteke and Ings? I'm not suggesting those two are bad players. They're just no way near the quality we need to challenge for trophies or the top 4. I think it's a case of Rodgers being told that's the best we're going to get. The owners don't know the first thing about football and Ian Ayre pretty much runs everything else at the club.

It's time to either back Rodgers fully and send our scouts abroad to look for gems or sack him for a bigger name like Ancelotti or Klopp if we want to attract quality players because we clearly aren't looking for quality players right now.

Benteke, ings and Clyne will secure us 5th or 6th but nothing higher.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat May 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Luis wrote:
    Hodgson was a disaster that goes beyond just his transfers. He was a negative poison that spread quickly from his 'tactics' to his press conferences to his general lack of care for anything but his image. He was a yes man that Hicks and Gillett could easily control.

And yet you like Alan Pardew. lol!
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Sat May 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Oh and as for Clyne - yeah he's a good defender but after everything from last season with Southampton and the disaster of Lovren it's just asking for trouble. We do need a full back though so I wouldn't be against this signing. It just feels pointless if our attack is going to be so piss poor again.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat May 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:

I don't like Pardew. I think he's an arrogant dick. But He did really well at Palace this season and if it wasn't for him you'd have been relegated this season. He's clearly not the best manager on earth but he can get a club to mid table quite easily and maybe go a bit above that and his Palace side played some nice football.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat May 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:

I don't like Pardew. I think he's an arrogant dick. But He did really well at Palace this season and if it wasn't for him you'd have been relegated this season. He's clearly not the best manager on earth but he can get a club to mid table quite easily and maybe go a bit above that and his Palace side played some nice football.

Only if you give him full credit for our wins, considering we went on massive slides in the two previous seasons with him it's difficult to say he ever "kept us up". A couple of seasons ago we needed 2 mistakes from Boswingwa to stay in the league, I suppose Alan gets credit for that aswell.

btw Palace fans have been complaining about his negative hoofball. <Ale> He's also never been able to keep a club in midtable, it always goes to shit for him after a year. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat May 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:

Only if you give him full credit for our wins, considering we went on massive slides in the two previous seasons with him it's difficult to say he ever "kept us up". A couple of seasons ago we needed 2 mistakes from Boswingwa to stay in the league, I suppose Alan gets credit for that aswell.

btw Palace fans have been complaining about his negative hoofball. <Ale>  He's also never been able to keep a club in midtable, it always goes to shit for him after a year. <Ale>

Well it's the same arguement Cooper is aiming at me about how much credit and responsibility we can actually give to managers. Like I said, Pardew isn't the greatest manager to ever grace this sport but it's seemed to me like he does what he's hired to do. He had you near enough where Newcastle should be at the minute. Like most clubs that get promoted you just need to be about mid table for a few seasons. Since Pardew left you really gave up on your season. You mustered about 2 games where you have a f**k to keep you up. I'm not saying the players loved Pardew but clearly him going had some sort of negative impact on them.

Well when I've seen Palace under him they played anything but hoofball. Sometimes he might take a different approach - I wis we did that sometimes and maybe we wouldn't get fucked by Arsenal or Stoke City.

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sat May 30, 2015 5:00 pm

I just think there's a weird lack of consistency with the pool fans. There was definitely alot of blame thrown at the owners for the signings under the Rafa times, wasn't given enough money, club wasn't ambitious enough, club wouldn't pay enough for a certain player so Rafa had to settle for someone else etc.. Hodgson seemed to get the full blame for anyone he signed.. The signings that have been made don't seem that unRodgers like. Lallana, Markovic, Lovren, Coutinho, Sturridge, Allen... Seems weird he'd get what he wanted there but they'd force others down his throat. I also don't think you'd ever have gotten Sanchez, better clubs wanted him. And it doesn't seem likely that a club would turn down £50m. That's your main problem really isn't it? Rodgers and Liverpool aren't attractive enough. You'll rarely, if ever, sign a superstar these day so you're going to have to take some form of risk with nearly every signing.

I think another manager, a bigger name, would get you bigger names. Klopp could probably attract the better Dortmund players unless Bayern decide they want them.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat May 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Lulu, the 2nd half of this season has only been marginally worse than the 2nd half of last season. Fahcts. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat May 30, 2015 5:16 pm

I completely get why Newcastle fans hate Pardew but I still don't think it's comparable to the Hodgson situation with us. You'd be hard pressed to come up with anything positive at all from his brief spell with us.

To answer Cooper - yes there's always a mixture of blame for both the manager and the owners when things go wrong. Rafa and Rodgers made lots of mistakes like I said but ultimately if we had any ambition at the minute we wouldn't be going for players like Benteke and Ings with Milner on a free transfer. It feels like we're giving Rodgers another season to solidify our Europa League team status. The owners are probably content with the squad we have and are hoping Sturridge can magically stay fit all season. I don't doubt that us signing those players relies on Sterling going as well. The rest can be made up with losing Gerrard and Johnson from the wage bill.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Sounds like Chelsea might be selling Cuardado. Great signing.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Milner has signed for us. Good experienced winner - no risk involved. These types of signings tend to never work for us though, hope this one does.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:41 pm

The fucking wages being thrown at boring James Milner!!
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Hopefully we just sold Glen Johnson's house and all his belongings to make those up.

If we can shift Borini and Balotelli, get Ings for a low cost then sign some actual top quality up front we may be able to do something of note next season but we're more likely to blow all our money on Benteke and all Southampton defenders.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Do you want Ings? Or are you just resigned to the fact it's happening?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:35 pm

I wanted Ings at Spurs, not because I think he's particularly great, but just because he provides an alternative to Kane and can also play alongside him or out wide.

As for Liverpool, it's a signing for the sake of it, he gets to play a poor mans Sturridge role.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:53 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Do you want Ings? Or are you just resigned to the fact it's happening?

If it's to replace Borini or Lambert then I think it's a decent move - he's a better finisher and fairly suited to our style of play.

If it's our only striker signing then we won't finish in the top 4. Sturridge will be injured until October and who knows if he'll ever be the same again.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Miller...Ings..Benteke..

Well thats us for top 4 for sure already.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Premier League defences beware - Danny Ings has signed! Dream signing number 2 of the summer.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:31 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No fuckin way.

In a way Liverpool and Spurs are the same, always make the same mistakes. Surely Brentan has to go now..
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Fey wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA

No fuckin way.

In a way Liverpool and Spurs are the same, always make the same mistakes. Surely Brentan has to go now..

I agree we always make the same mistakes but this is the best Brendan is getting. We neither have the money or CL status or ambition to actually go after quality players.

The owners appear to blame our assistant coaches for last season and have sacked Mike Marsh and Colin Pascoe perhaps hoping Brendan would walk so they don't have to pay him off?

Rodgers is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat or he'll be sacked in December which will be another season gone to waste.

The owners had to sack or back Rodgers and it looks like they're doing neither.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Luis wrote:

No fuckin way.

I agree we always make the same mistakes but this is the best Brendan is getting. We neither have the money or CL status or ambition to actually go after quality players.

The owners appear to blame our assistant coaches for last season and have sacked Mike Marsh and Colin Pascoe perhaps hoping Brendan would walk so they don't have to pay him off?

Rodgers is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat or he'll be sacked in December which will be another season gone to waste.

Fuckin nonsense Luis, the new TV deal makes sure you can sign anyone you want. How the f**k do you end up at fucking Ings. First of all the Liverpool scouts need to get the sack.

Rodgers should have left, but as with any club there are always the other 50% of the fans who support the coach no matter what.

Im curious how much Rodgers have spend during his spell at Liverpool, cause to let him f**k up another season is ridiculous.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm

You do have the money, you spent shitloads last summer and this summer every premier league club is swimming in cash(although this seems to result in boring Milner being offered £160k a week or something). You don't need to sign the likes of Ings unless you're struggling to fill your English clogger quota..
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Fey wrote:
    Luis wrote:

No fuckin way.

Fuckin nonsense Luis, the new TV deal makes sure you can sign anyone you want. How the f**k do you end up at fucking Ings. First of all the Liverpool scouts need to get the sack.

Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:41 am

No fuckin way.

To be fair, we've finished above 'em 5 of the last 6 seasons .despite offerring less wages, no Stevie G legend, no special nights at Anfield, no "FIVE TIMESSSS MATE", no #JFT96 guilt trips. They've fucked it harder than we have to be sure. Even after Baldini's cluster f**k.

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:31 am

The Portuguese see the Dutchies with the greatest contempt. van Gaal totally made Falcao's life miserable. Watch Mourinho sign Falcao for Chelsea to utterly destroy the Dutchie with the Colombian's golazos. Shocked Mourinho would not let an opportunity go by to show the Dutchie up, to embarrass him, to humiliate him, to utterly ridicule him next season.

van Gaal shall constantly get bombarded with jabs from Mourinho in the media of how he can get the best of Falcao while "the other guy" didn't have a fucking clue. cheers
    rosenthal
    rosenthal

Number of posts : 822
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Favourite Player : רוני רוזנטל
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by rosenthal Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:38 am

Kieran Trippier to Spurs seem very likely now. £3.5m release clause with 40% going to Man City
    Sean Dyche confirmed that it's a transfer that's been worked on, and there's rumour of medical.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Man City have offered us £35.5 million + a few million in add-ons for Sterling, which will reportedly take the total to £40 million. I would take £40 million for him but we can probably hold out for another £5 million off them.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Apparently QPR get a big chunk
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:59 pm

we've signed Micah Richards. Suggestion is he'll be played CB & is likely the Vlaar replacement. Makes some sense, but gotta question whether he is likely to stay fit for any length of time or if he is anything like the player he was 4 or 5 years ago when he was last playing regularly.

Quite a Harry Redknapp-esque signing.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Aren't Mourinho and Van Gaal mates?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:07 pm