Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
DS
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
Brian2468
COTR
Deano
Owen Thomas
theflyingfrenchman
The Pröfessör
fcb
Football Genius
Tom
Kimbo
Tweesus
Parks lives
christmasborocooper
Puro
21 posters

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Parks Lives wrote:You think Rossi will get any game time?

Don't ask me, i don't know what's going on in Roeders head. Erm
    doninha

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Post by doninha Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:38 pm

The first 5 names on Newcastle starting eleven give the creeps to any fan...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:06 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:You're fucked Kimbo Wink

What does everynoe in Newcaslte think of him? sliced bread or Souness II?

Nobody will admit hiring him was a mistake, mainly because they were all calling for him to be hired. With Souness nobody wanted him in the first place so most didn't mind slagging him off.

Ofcourse i knew we should've gone for Le Guen or O'Neill when they were available but... whatever, atleast i can say i was right all along. <Ale>

Maybe Belgravia will bring a new manager with them. Erm ok

Is that definately happening?

So will Shepherd be leaving?
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:11 pm

Shocking result for Newcastle especially how positively they came out after the interval defence looked unorganised and shocking and Newcastle looked a little lost in the final third at times, im sorry but Roeder is useless, Alan Curbishly is still available, might be the right club for him, hes used to a shoe string budget, so theres no need to throw loads of money at him, he has proven himself in the premiership and to some extent in the transfer market.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:13 pm

Be great for Curbs.

Still think after the top 4 and maybe Spurs, Newcastle are one of the biggest clubs and he will have money to spend.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:14 pm

Tweedledum wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote:You're fucked Kimbo Wink

What does everynoe in Newcaslte think of him? sliced bread or Souness II?

Nobody will admit hiring him was a mistake, mainly because they were all calling for him to be hired. With Souness nobody wanted him in the first place so most didn't mind slagging him off.

Ofcourse i knew we should've gone for Le Guen or O'Neill when they were available but... whatever, atleast i can say i was right all along. <Ale>

Maybe Belgravia will bring a new manager with them. Erm ok

Is that definately happening?

So will Shepherd be leaving?

I don't know, times running out. The Halls, the majority shareholders, are looking to sell, BUT they're looking for a 10% premium which takes the price over £100m. Currently the club is worth £95.5m and i understand Belgravia aren't exactly billionaires, so the price might be a problem.

I'm not holding my breath to be honest. The Halls COULD replace Shepherd if they wanted to but these people are all in eachothers pockets. Erm
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:17 pm

Curbishley would do a good job ok

Good manager
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:17 pm

He'd be better off coming to Boro.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

You not liking Southgate coop?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:22 pm

He's done alright but he could do with some help.

Curbs as manager and Gareth learning from him would be ace.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Far too many shit managers, and chairmen in the premiership at the moment. Wenger was wrong, the more Lerners etc we have the better. ok
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:26 pm

Curbs was a great manager.

You couldn't have asked him to do any more with Charlton really. I know he didn't ever get them into Europe but when you look at the level of players that he hd he did fantastic.

And they didn't play too bad football - it wasn't beautiful but neither was it ugly and he was a fan of good technical midfielders (jenson, Murphy, smertin) and fast wingers ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:27 pm

He would of got them into Europe if they kept hold of Parker, they had a great team that first half of the season.

Jensen, Di Canio and Parker. They were superb the day they beat Chelsea 4-2.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:30 pm

Yeh, the problem was that they truly were a very small club and were completely incapable of holding onto players - largely down to the board.

I hope Curbs does come back to an EPL club if he does come back - Newcastle or Boro would both be a good move for him as neither are sellers and both have money
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:31 pm

But then FFS has made some poor managerial appointments, infact none of his appointments have given the club a trophey, and they have invested heavily too, i think its about time they get a solid astute manager.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:32 pm

I said before Roeder was appointed that the club should have gone for someone foreign. Take a risk on Hitzfeld.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:33 pm

@FG

The problem IS Shepherd - the guy is clearly a cock - Robson said as much.

I think hes probably worse than Ellis!
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:35 pm

Ballack wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Bramble ahead of Taylor!!!!!! Grr Grr Grr Evil or Very Mad
    RAMAGE AT LEFT BACK?!!! Shocked Shocked Yikes Yikes

why do they really play bramble, carr, damage..sorry ramage all in the same backline? that's asking for problems.

Newcastle's problems don't only lie in defence, i think their midfield is not balanced. They play Emre who contributes virtually nothing defensively and parker in midfield. Parker is a DM but he is not a gilberto or makelele ie players who just sit infront of the defence to mop up things and a team with so many avarage defenders as newcastle need such a player. An ideal midfield for newcastle would be a makelele or gilberto with scott parker. Most teams with the best defence are not usually the ones with the best defenders but the ones with the most balanced midfield
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:36 pm

We all know Shepherd is a cock, im surprised that no consortium in Newcastle (seeing as though its the only club in Newcastle) has tryed to purchase the club from him before now.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:37 pm

Carr was ok today. The real problem was Moore and Bramble - Self destructed after that delightful ball from Anelka. Could have been three with that Davies header which hit the bar.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:40 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:Carr was ok today. The real problem was Moore and Bramble - Self destructed after that delightful ball from Anelka. Could have been three with that Davies header which hit the bar.

what about carr miss timing the ball to allow anelka to control and pass for the first goal?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Football Genius wrote:We all know Shepherd is a cock, im surprised that no consortium in Newcastle (seeing as though its the only club in Newcastle) has tryed to purchase the club from him before now.

You got a spare £100m? The richest Newcastle fans i know of are Ant n Dec and Shearer.

He's not the one to target anyway, it's the Halls and they are finally looking to sell their shares, hence Belgravia's interest. Hopefully something will come of it. Erm <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:42 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:Carr was ok today. The real problem was Moore and Bramble - Self destructed after that delightful ball from Anelka. Could have been three with that Davies header which hit the bar.

Whoa there, Carr was utter bollocks and he has been ever since he arrived.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:45 pm

Agooner wrote:

what about carr miss timing the ball to allow anelka to control and pass for the first goal?

One mistake. The fact is from there Moore and Bramble could have handled Diouf. I thought Carr was very good first half, went up very well.

Newcastle were thuggish at moments, terrible fouls on Diouf. Evil or Very Mad

Also had a penalty unfairly turned down after Duff played volleyball in the area.

BUT, lots of positives. Still only four goals conceded (and three from penalties), three points from what seemed a very sticky situation, and a great second half from Anelka.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:47 pm

Well you've got a lot of fans there, if they were organised like the Manchester Utd fans you lot could obtain between you a good chunk of the club and then put pressure on the chairman during shareholder meetings through representatives rather than doing zilch.
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:10 pm

SO...

Laugh @ Puro. Never mind eh? can't win 'em all Ale
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:34 pm

Laugh quality

DIOUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:45 pm

Fuck me, have you forgotten how shit West Ham are doing at the moment??? Laugh ok
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:51 pm

Yeah they are doing pretty much as bad as you are at the moment, difference is based on last season they also have more potential ! Laugh Razz
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:53 pm

Football Genius wrote:Yeah they are doing pretty much as bad as you are at the moment, difference is based on last season they also have more potential ! Laugh Razz

They finished bellow us. scratch And they haven't scored a goal in over 500 minutes of football. Laugh <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:34 am