Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
DS
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
Brian2468
COTR
Deano
Owen Thomas
theflyingfrenchman
The Pröfessör
fcb
Football Genius
Tom
Kimbo
Tweesus
Parks lives
christmasborocooper
Puro
21 posters

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Post by Parks lives Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:25 pm

Haha, throwing the burger at him last year was way out of order as well.

That could feed a whole family for a week in Scouseland. Razz
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Post by Tweesus Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:19 pm

I've finally decided that I want the game to be a dull 0-0 draw, that way neither will get many points and both teams morale will be lowered Wink
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:30 pm

The powers that be have come up with a plan to stop any trouble ocuring this sunday...

It's a good job we have forward thinkers behind the scenes at Old Trafford.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...61020-1258.htm

"We're both saying to our fans we don't expect everyone to like each other, but there's a line which you simply can't step beyond. It's not right."

The measures in place for Sunday include:

# Liverpool fans being held back after the final whistle while home fans leave the stadium.

# Eighteen Liverpool stewards to supervise the visiting section of the ground, working alongside United's security staff outside and inside the stadium.

# The concourse at the away end of the stadium on Sunday being decked out with posters commemorating the Reds' glorious history, including the fifth European Cup.

# Liverpool legends Roger Hunt, Ian Callaghan and Tommy Smith participating in a pre-match tribute to Sir Bobby Charlton, who this month celebrates the 50th anniversary of his United debut.

# Disabled fans representing both clubs will participate in a half-time penalty shoot-out.

# Friendship pennants designed by Liverpool and United supporters will be exchanged prior to kick-off.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:34 pm

Parks Lives wrote:

# Disabled fans representing both clubs will participate in a half-time penalty shoot-out.

I hope our disabled fans stuff theirs.
    L r d

Post by L r d Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:42 pm

How are you going to select your disabled fans? You fill your ground with 72,000 of them each week.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:41 am

Obispo wrote:How are you going to select your disabled fans? You fill your ground with 72,000 of them each week.
    lol!

genuine LOL there.... lol!
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:49 am

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has labelled this weekend's showdown between England's two most successful clubs as the biggest football club game in the world.
    Over 500 million people around the world will watch the game on television on Sunday and Evra believes that amount of interest in a single match puts every other club game in the shade.

"Manchester United against Liverpool is the biggest club game in the world," he says. "It is pretty big in France when PSG play Marseille but nothing like this. The atmosphere is really special. People come up to you in the street saying, 'Come on Pat' because the result is so important.

"Everyone is desperate for us to win and the noise as the game kicks off is incredible. This is our second really big game of the season and we have to do better than we did in the last one. It is far too early to say we are going to win certain competitions but at the moment things are looking very positive and we must continue that by beating Liverpool."
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Owen Thomas Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:59 am

I trust COTR, Obispo, Cheescake, Luis, Parks will all be in this thread after the game - whatever the outcome is.

Or maybe we should make a "show your face here" thread during the game Laughing
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:03 am

I'll be here to laugh at all the folk from manchester
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:04 am

Liverpool new boy Dirk Kuyt has admitted that scoring the winner against Manchester United on Sunday would constitute the greatest moment of his career.
    The Dutch striker - who featured in the World Cup for his country during the summer - has never stepped foot inside Old Trafford before but he admits that he knew all about the intense rivalry between the two north west giants even before arriving at Anfield.

"In Holland everybody watches the Premier League and everybody says that Manchester United against Liverpool is one of the biggest games in England," claims the 26-year-old.

"The rivalry is just like Feyenoord and Ajax in Holland and I just can't wait to play in this match. I've never played at Old Trafford before and I've never even been there, although I have seen it a lot on TV in Holland.

"When you're a Liverpool player, to be up against United in a great stadium is fantastic. It doesn't matter where you are in the league - when you're a Liverpool player you always have to win, that's what is expected of you.

"It will be great to play there, and it would be great to win there. It would great for me to get the winning goal against Manchester United - that would be the best moment of my career so far. That would be a fantastic thing.

"We have won our first away game this season in midweek and now we want to win our first away game in the Premiership as well to show people what we can do."
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:05 am

Still predicting a 1-1 myself. What 'bout you Luis?
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:06 am

1-0 away win for us, hopefully last minute to win in sickening style, also i hope the goal is from either crouch or bellamy Very Happy
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:09 am

Evra's a funny guy. Everyone knows that this game can't hold a candle to Madrid - Barca. Especially when you consider that Madrid - Barca is guaranteed to have great attacking football.

But anyway, I hope Liverpool win. Not only because of all the Spanish players there, but I just can't bring myself to root for a team that considers Darren Fletcher to be their future Cool
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:10 am

luisgarciahedrinkssangria wrote:1-0 away win for us, hopefully last minute to win in sickening style, also i hope the goal is from either crouch or bellamy Very Happy

Some people are predicting a three goal margin and stuff like that. It's nonsense. Games are always tight between us. You dominated the FA cup last season and still only won 1-0.

1-1 or 1 goal either way.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:11 am

I think the hatred bewteen the two teams cant be beaten anywhere in the world, the matches sometimes aren't that great, the actualy quality of play is much better in the Real-Barca matches, but for rivalry and drama United-Liverpool beats it
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:12 am

Torrente wrote:Evra's a funny guy. Everyone knows that this game can't hold a candle to Madrid - Barca. Especially when you consider that Madrid - Barca is guaranteed to have great attacking football.

But anyway, I hope Liverpool win. Not only because of all the Spanish players there, but I just can't bring myself to root for a team that considers Darren Fletcher to be their future Cool

It is difficult because usually only one side plays attacking football. The other fields 3 DM.

Wink
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:15 am

luisgarciahedrinkssangria wrote:1-0 away win for us, hopefully last minute to win in sickening style, also i hope the goal is from either crouch or bellamy Very Happy

Hopefully it'll be a an ugly goal aswell. Us and Arsenal always seem to score "planned out goals" - strikes from distances or team moves.

Utd and Chelsea seem to get luckier goals... Lampard's and O'Shea's in just this past week.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:16 am

Obispo wrote:

Hopefully it'll be a an ugly goal aswell. Us and Arsenal always seem to score "planned out goals" - strikes from distances or team moves.

Utd and Chelsea seem to get luckier goals... Lampard's and O'Shea's in just this past week.
    That wasnt lucky. He planned the deflection. Both of them.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:16 am

lampard always scores lucky goals Very Happy
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:22 am

Obispo wrote:

Hopefully it'll be a good goal for once aswell. Arsenal always seem to score "planned out goals" - strikes from distances or team moves. Hopefully we can do better then the usual hoof knockdown goal on Sunday.

Utd always seem to score great goals, Solskjaer on Saturday for instance.

ok

Last edited by on Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:23 am

Will you be taking one of the penalties tomorrow, Owen?
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:31 am

Bah, you're rubbish at windups. Where's COTR?
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Torrente wrote:Evra's a funny guy. Everyone knows that this game can't hold a candle to Madrid - Barca. Especially when you consider that Madrid - Barca is guaranteed to have great attacking football.

Laughing

Coming from a supporter of a club, who consider Pavon, Meija etc theirs.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:25 pm

Owen Thomas wrote:I trust COTR, Obispo, Cheescake, Luis, Parks will all be in this thread after the game - whatever the outcome is.

Or maybe we should make a "show your face here" thread during the game Laughing
    Biggrin ..i won't be actually...will be out all day. should make it on that night to celebrate the win though...
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:28 pm

Owen Thomas wrote:

It is difficult because usually only one side plays attacking football. The other fields 3 DM.

Wink
    Laugh

clearly you missed all three of last years games owen...

still im looking forward to seeing rooney at left back again.. Smile

seriously though who do you guys think is going to miss out.. fletcher, carrick or giggs?
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:30 pm

"miss out"...?! Don't you think you should correct that CotR?

"Saved from being outclassed, out-played and out-fought" seems more apt.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:18 pm

Parks Lives wrote:

Laughing

Coming from a supporter of a club, who consider Pavon, Meija etc theirs.

Please...

Last time Pavon played a game for Madrid I didn't even have hair on my balls. Mejia is actually pretty good. Nothing special but decent. Yet, he's still our 4th choice CB and the only reason why he was playing RB lately was because Cicinho and Salgado are both injured. No one considers him to be more than a decent squad player.

Yet, Fletcher has proved to be nothing more than being a walking turd and somehow Ferguson keeps starting him. I saw Fletcher live at the Amsterdam tournament and me and my friends had a completely laugh riot. His open-goal miss made nearly made us die from laughter. Laughing
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:06 pm

I won't be on all day tomorrow, so in case things don't go to plan its not that Im not showing my face.

If things do go to plan.....

Laughing
    Laughing
    Laughing
    Laughing
    Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing
    Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Laughing
    Laughing

Laughing
    Laughing
    Laughing
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:29 pm

i wouldnt show your face again if we win Park
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:44 pm

who will Liverpool play LM? im guessing Gerrard will start on the right.

if everyone is fit then i hope SAF goes all out attacking by playing

- - - - - - - - Van der Sar - - - - - - - -

Neville - - Ferdinand - Vidic - - Evra

Ronaldo - Carrick - Scholes - Giggs

- - - - - - Rooney - - Saha - - - - - -

best form of defence is attack. the midfield won't protect the back four so the defence and goalkeeper will have to be at there best. the best tackler in the Man Utd midfield in my opinion is Giggs, thats how badly we need someone like Owen Hargreaves in midfield.

because liverpool have a strong(physical) midifled in Sissoko, Gerrard, Alonso, SAF might play Fletcher or O'Shea in midfield.

but the liverpool defence does look a bit dodgy at the moment.

so what will it be? all out attack or 3 CM players in midfield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am