Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
DS
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
Brian2468
COTR
Deano
Owen Thomas
theflyingfrenchman
The Pröfessör
fcb
Football Genius
Tom
Kimbo
Tweesus
Parks lives
christmasborocooper
Puro
21 posters

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:55 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:Yeah they are doing pretty much as bad as you are at the moment, difference is based on last season they also have more potential ! Laugh Razz

They finished bellow us. scratch And they haven't scored a goal in over 500 minutes of football. Laugh <Ale>

First season in the premiership, in a cup final and got into Europe ! I'd also rather have West Hams squad at my disposal over Newcastles
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool V Man Utd Banter Thread

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:Yeah they are doing pretty much as bad as you are at the moment, difference is based on last season they also have more potential ! Laugh Razz

They finished bellow us. scratch And they haven't scored a goal in over 500 minutes of football. Laugh <Ale>

First season in the premiership, in a cup final and got into Europe ! I'd also rather have West Hams squad at my disposal over Newcastles

Good for you, they still finished below us.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:59 pm

Whats it like Kimbo to be squabbling about West Ham these days ? thought you were supposed to be a 'big club' Laugh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:01 pm

Football Genius wrote:Whats it like Kimbo to be squabbling about West Ham these days ? thought you were supposed to be a 'big club' Laugh

Doh
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Only Man Utd fans can gloat right now Cool
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:07 pm

l r d wrote:Only Man Utd fans can gloat right now Cool

I can gloat. So can Chelsea's. And Villa's
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:07 pm

I'm just amazed by people that can gloat when their own team is doing shit, it's unbelieveable. Laughing
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:08 pm

l r d wrote:Only Man Utd fans can gloat right now Cool
    what about arsenal fans after they played you off the pitch at old trafford

Biggrin
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Arsenal fans can also gloat about having the best English youngster amongst their ranks ! <Ale>
    Its a shame there aren't many more brits though we can rave about at Arsenal !
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:17 pm

Football Genius wrote:Arsenal fans can also gloat about having the best English youngster amongst their ranks ! <Ale>
    !

Shocked when did they sign rooney
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:20 pm

Justin Hoyt <Ale> Laugh
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:38 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

+More entertaining etc....

Newcastle's last trophy=In the 50's Laugh
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:39 pm

oh dear... the trophy dig is out... kimbo loves this one Smile
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:40 pm

COTR wrote:oh dear... the trophy dig is out... kimbo loves this one Smile

I know Laugh

But West Ham havent spent loads....we have entertaining football/seasons and I love supporting the club

Newcastle spend tons get in massive debt and do fuck all Laugh

Ale
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:42 pm

on a more serious note kimbo... caught highlights of cardiffs game today and it baffled me how a club that were in the midst of a striker crisis could let such an obviously talented player out of the club... what's the story with chopra and is it a loan or a sale?
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:50 pm

Puro Solano was crap I hate to say. Newcastle really do not give two shits about there supporters if they did they would be contending in the top 5 every year. The club is lucky enough to have such a good fan base so owners must be content enough be just a middle of the table team......... Rolling Eyes
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:58 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

If want to talk about history...

Major honours

West Ham

* No league wins
    * FA Cup Winners: 1964, 1975, 1980
    * European Cup Winners' Cup Winners: 1964-65

Newcastle United
    * First Division/Premiership Champions - 1905, 1907, 1909, 1927
    * FA Cup Winners - 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955
    * Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup Winners - 1969

And... Keegans Newcastle team played better football than anything West Ham have produced. ok

Also the only debt we have is from our stadium expansion, we are CONSIDERABLY richer than you. Ale

We win.

LLama
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

COTR wrote:on a more serious note kimbo... caught highlights of cardiffs game today and it baffled me how a club that were in the midst of a striker crisis could let such an obviously talented player out of the club... what's the story with chopra and is it a loan or a sale?

Chopra was out of contract, he was offered a new one year contract, but knowing he was going to be back up he left for first team football. Roeder has his favourites and everyone else can get fucked, Ameobi shouldn'r be playing - he should be getting surgery on his hip, at the moment he is a passenger, then there's Bramble, Emre, Duff, and Ramage. Erm
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:59 pm

Newcastle more entertaining???

yeah sure....the last time newcastle tried to play "sexy football" they were nearly relegated ok

If only Gullit had his way for longer
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:00 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

If want to talk about history...

Major honours

West Ham

* No league wins
    * FA Cup Winners: 1964, 1975, 1980
    * European Cup Winners' Cup Winners: 1964-65

Newcastle United
    * First Division/Premiership Champions - 1905, 1907, 1909, 1927
    * FA Cup Winners - 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955
    * Fairs Cup/UEFA Cup Winners - 1969

And... Keegans Newcastle team played better football than anything West Ham have produced. ok

Also the only debt we have is from our stadium expansion, we are CONSIDERABLY richer than you. Ale

We win.

------------------------------------------------------------------

COTR wrote:on a more serious note kimbo... caught highlights of cardiffs game today and it baffled me how a club that were in the midst of a striker crisis could let such an obviously talented player out of the club... what's the story with chopra and is it a loan or a sale?

Chopra was out of contract, he was offered a new one year contract, but knowing he was going to be back up he left for first team football. Roeder has his favourites and everyone else can get fucked, Ameobi shouldn'r be playing - he should be getting surgery on his hip, at the moment he is a passenger, then there's Bramble, Emre, Duff, and Ramage. Erm

Laughing Where is that loadsa money pic Very Happy
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:01 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:Newcastle more entertaining???

yeah sure....the last time newcastle tried to play "sexy football" they were nearly relegated ok

If only Gullit had his way for longer

We played "sexy football" under Bobby Robson and finished 4th, 3rd, and 5th. When was the last time you finished that high? Question
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 pm

98/99 we finished 5th....we have a few 7th,8th and 9th place finishes too....I can guarentee we would be voted more entertaining than Newcastle
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:05 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:98/99 we finished 5th....we have a few 7th,8th and 9th place finishes too....I can guarentee we would be voted more entertaining than Newcastle

Based on what? The fact you haven't scored a goal in over 500 minutes of football??? I know you might be too young to remember but trust me, you've never played football anywhere near as entertaining as the stuff Keegans team played. If you want a vote to confirm that then go ahead. Ale
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Oh great... The Keegan years....

Only Newcastle could call a period where the club threw away a 12 point lead at the top of the league "successful".
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:12 pm

I doubt all Newcastle fans are that deluded Obi Razz

But we gotta let Kimbo cling onto something ! Laugh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:13 pm

Obispo wrote:Oh great... The Keegan years....

Only Newcastle could call a period where the club threw away a 12 point lead at the top of the league "successful".

Where have you quoted that from? I thought we were talking about entertaining football, please correct me if i'm wrong Pool fan. Erm <Ale>
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 pm

I was taking a broad view of things Kimmy. Not speaking of you in particular... though the fact that it is the Keegan years you're immediately drawn to as part of your arguement that you are entertaining is worrying. You seem to view those years as something of an acheivement - a success.
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 pm

He's got you there Obispo.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:16 pm

Obispo wrote:I was taking a broad view of things Kimmy. Not speaking of you in particular... though the fact that it is the Keegan years you're immediately drawn to as part of your arguement that you are entertaining is worrying. You seem to view those years as something of an acheivement - a success.

The West Ham fan brought up entertaining football. You've embarrassed yourself again there Pool fan. <Ale>
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:16 pm

Owen Thomas wrote:He's got you there Obispo.

Hush Dolt.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:17 pm

Owen Thomas wrote:He's got you there Obispo.

Not for the first time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:42 am