Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Romford Pele
Bashmachkin
Super Progress
Jaime
Calidad
Rosicky
Sheffield gunner
COTR
DD
ads_afc
Green Arrow
TM
Roger Hunt
Funbags
forza_rossi
debaser
None
The-Frank-Tavern
fcb
Fey
Tom
Kimbo
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Oleguerisntthatbad
theflyingfrenchman
Lard
Machiavel
Luso
DS
Deano
Tweesus
Rez
Cesc Soler
robert
poiuy1
Nightwing
Batman
Parks lives
Deluded F*ck™
43 posters

Manchester United 2006/2007, CHAMPIONS Again.

DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Manchester United 2006/2007, CHAMPIONS Again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 2006/2007, CHAMPIONS Again.

Post by DS Tue May 08, 2007 10:34 pm

Why you say that , we didnt win them with the trophy but beautiful football but you wont understand it.
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Manchester United 2006/2007, CHAMPIONS Again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 2006/2007, CHAMPIONS Again.

Post by Luso Wed May 09, 2007 12:10 am

Good to see the PT flag at Utd games...

Back to Carlos, I don't know if he's the right man for the job either, but I think he should really be considered. Sometimes the best solutions come from within a club. Just seems like Alex has set things up for Carlos to take over. He's not the kind of guy that will kick a boot at Ronaldo in the dressing room, but he does have his own style of getting the players to perform.
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)

Post by Nightwing Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 am

Man Utd team to face Chelsea tonight!

------------ Dark Savant(1)

Owen Thomas(2) ---Rai Krol (3)-- LRD(4) --- Poiuy1(5)

---------- Dick Grayson(37) --- Green Arrow(23)

N18WNG(7)----- Robert(6) ----- Rez(Cool

---------------- Batman(9)

The STRONGEST team United have put out in years! ok
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)

Post by Nightwing Wed May 09, 2007 7:32 am

HENRIK LARSSON will be a guest of honour at the FA Cup final between Manchester United and Chelsea on May 19.

Striker Larsson, 35, spent three months on loan at Old Trafford before returning to Swedish side Helsingborgs.

Boss Alex Ferguson said: "I told him, if we got there, he would come to the final as our guest."
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Wed May 09, 2007 7:51 am

N18 , I am not a goalie by the , CB , you can think of Vida I dont have the footballing ability that he got but I am bigger then him.

Its good to see that Henke is invited.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Wed May 09, 2007 10:15 am

Parks lives wrote:
    Luso wrote:So about Carlos, what do you guys think? Obviously this is a divided issue, and I wouldn't mind hearing what you think. I've wondered for some time.

He knows the club well, the players know him and respect him, and he's good at what he does. You guys seem to question his character though. We'll he's not arrogant like Mourinho, but since when is that a necessity?

Queiros commands a pretty high level of respect I think as he's a pretty stand up guy. Never heard anything bad about him, and he's got a certain charm about him. Pretty polite guy.

I think he could do a good job for Utd, and believe he already had. I remember him being blamed for Utd's poor form last year, but personally I think he's a huge part of Utd's current form, bringing in players like Ronaldo. I personally think the guy is part of this new, younger, Manchester. He'd have to be backed just like Alex was though to do a proper job.

(Give him a brake for the thing at Madrid, it's not like it's gotten any better since he left...and he was in first and playing well until everything went to hell)

I like the guy and I don't blame him fully for what happened at Madrid but it does bring into question how he would handle the pressure of the job.

I just think to replace Fergie, we need someone who's had experience of handling a massive job and succeded. Like the Lippi's, Hiddink's of this world. Not saying we'd get them though.

Too many other factors at RM to make him the scapegoat. Remember, that season Madrid got Becks and let Makelele go and they didn't allow him to sign anyone else.

So the squad was wafer thin, outside that magical 1st team they had next to nothing in the reserves.

He had to do a magic rejig and put Becks in the center. By February that season they were well on course for the treble playing some great football. They were 12 points ahead in La liga, in the cup final and in the quarterfinals of te CL.

The problems started when losing the Spanish cup final, from then on it was a downward spiral. Ok you can maybe say he didn't arrest the slide after losing a very winnable final, but his most influential players Zidane, Figo and Becks had played just about every game for Madrid thus far, Figo and Zidane over 30 at that time and could barely do anything. Raul was fading, Ronaldo in and out of the treatment table.

How much motivation can you get out of tired 30 somethings? I mean Ronaldo and Rooney have put in a $h!t load of work this season but consider their ages to Zidane and Figo.

IT's very hard to blame CQ for what was appalling management at the top.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 am

Luso wrote:Good to see the PT flag at Utd games...

Back to Carlos, I don't know if he's the right man for the job either, but I think he should really be considered. Sometimes the best solutions come from within a club. Just seems like Alex has set things up for Carlos to take over. He's not the kind of guy that will kick a boot at Ronaldo in the dressing room, but he does have his own style of getting the players to perform.

He will be considered, he may even be the favourite, however I hope Fergie leaves on such good terms that he has a say in who takes over. If Fergie thinks he is capable, that will be A OK with me.

Anyone hear that Rooney will be carrying Ricky Hatton's belt out on June 23rd in Las Vegas when he fights Castillo?
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Wed May 09, 2007 11:42 am

Nightwing wrote:Man Utd team to face Chelsea tonight!

------------ Dark Savant(1)

Owen Thomas(2) ---Rai Krol (3)-- LRD(4) --- Poiuy1(5)

---------- Dick Grayson(37) --- Green Arrow(23)

N18WNG(7)----- Robert(6) ----- Rez(Cool

---------------- Batman(9)

The STRONGEST team United have put out in years! ok

<Ale>

Were is Parks?
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 am

We have been linked with Eto today, I know it wont happen, but how amazing would it be if we signed him.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed May 09, 2007 11:46 am

Be amazing, best striker in the World for me and still only 25/26. I'd seriously blow nearly all our transfer budget on Eto'o if we had the chance.

Just buy a cheap DM and a back up winger.
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Wed May 09, 2007 11:46 am

Wanking in the dressing room hoping his folks don't enter?
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Wed May 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Rez wrote:We have been linked with Eto today, I know it wont happen, but how amazing would it be if we signed him.

why not? that spanish journalist seems to be very sure Etoo will be leaving Barca, i don't see why not us. Etoo Rooney Saha Rossi Shocked
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed May 09, 2007 12:23 pm

Nani desperate for United move

Sporting Lisbon starlet Nani wants to follow in Cristiano Ronaldo's footsteps and join Manchester United.

Nani, who has been likened to United star Ronaldo, will snub interest from clubs across Europe in order to achieve his dream move to Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson is an admirer of the 20-year-old and is thought to be ready to trigger a £17.5million clause in Nani's contract.

Nani came through the same youth system as Ronaldo at Sporting and wants to join his friend in the Premiership.

The Portuguese youngster is determined to make the move to United and has snubbed the opportunity to sign for Atletico Madrid.

"I'll only leave Portugal to play for a club like United," Nani told the Daily Mirror.

"The Premiership is spectacular and to be the next Cristiano would be a dream."
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Wed May 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Sheesh, the rumours are really cranking up now. Nani, Ribery and that other dude in France in the space of 2 days!
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Wed May 09, 2007 12:30 pm

When your winning, players want to sign for you. i just hope we take advantage of this in the summer.
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Wed May 09, 2007 12:43 pm

Parks lives wrote:Be amazing, best striker in the World for me and still only 25/26. I'd seriously blow nearly all our transfer budget on Eto'o if we had the chance.

I wouldn't, because while he is an awesome striker, he isn't going to be one who can hold the ball up for us. So if we are under pressure, he wouldn't help us alleviate it.

If he was as he is and then with Barbetov's height, then f@ck, i'd blow most of our budget on him.

Unless of course in such positions, we deploy Ronaldo there and then let Rooney and Eto run off him.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed May 09, 2007 12:55 pm

By cheap DM & Winger, I'm talking £5 - 10 million on each.

Fernades for example.
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed May 09, 2007 1:03 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Rez wrote:We have been linked with Eto today, I know it wont happen, but how amazing would it be if we signed him.

why not? that spanish journalist seems to be very sure Etoo will be leaving Barca, i don't see why not us. Etoo Rooney Saha Rossi Shocked

Isnt he the same guy, that told us Torres was a done deal during the whole of last summer?!

Barcelona were rubbish without Eto this season, after seeing how essential he is to the teams succes, I cant see them selling him. Also he would cost at least £30m. I would love it to happen, but I just cant see it, we dont buy those kind of players of big clubs. It only happened with Veron and that was 6 years ago.

PS that front 4 would be amazing
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed May 09, 2007 1:06 pm

Batman wrote:Nani desperate for United move

Sporting Lisbon starlet Nani wants to follow in Cristiano Ronaldo's footsteps and join Manchester United.

Nani, who has been likened to United star Ronaldo, will snub interest from clubs across Europe in order to achieve his dream move to Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson is an admirer of the 20-year-old and is thought to be ready to trigger a £17.5million clause in Nani's contract.

Nani came through the same youth system as Ronaldo at Sporting and wants to join his friend in the Premiership.

The Portuguese youngster is determined to make the move to United and has snubbed the opportunity to sign for Atletico Madrid.

"I'll only leave Portugal to play for a club like United," Nani told the Daily Mirror.

"The Premiership is spectacular and to be the next Cristiano would be a dream."

Thats alot of money for an unproven youngster, if he costs that much we are better of getting Quaresma who is proven at a high level and would also be less expensive.

He is a qualty player though and I would be chuffed with either him or Quaresma.
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed May 09, 2007 1:10 pm

robert wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:Be amazing, best striker in the World for me and still only 25/26. I'd seriously blow nearly all our transfer budget on Eto'o if we had the chance.

I wouldn't, because while he is an awesome striker, he isn't going to be one who can hold the ball up for us. So if we are under pressure, he wouldn't help us alleviate it.

If he was as he is and then with Barbetov's height, then f@ck, i'd blow most of our budget on him.

Unless of course in such positions, we deploy Ronaldo there and then let Rooney and Eto run off him.

Eto is good in the air and quite strong, he has faired well against Chelsea and Milan in the past as a lone striker, holding the ball up well. Also he is faster than Berbs, so the oppositions defence would still have to play really deep to avoid balls over the top, so in a way his pace alleviates some of the pressure.

We could recreate the Barca attacking 3, with Ronaldinho read Rooney, with Messi read Ronaldo and Eto read Eto.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed May 09, 2007 1:22 pm

That figure for Nani, looks very pie in the sky.

Can't see us paying that much.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Wed May 09, 2007 1:31 pm

if Nani doesn't sign a new contract then i think we can get him for around £12m

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2007 1:57 pm

With eto'o in the team we win 80% of our games without 67%, their is now way in hell laporta is selling and if he was anything under 35Mil is Laughable.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed May 09, 2007 1:59 pm

'35 mil'.

Euro's or Pounds? As the story says, 40 million euros, £27 million pound.

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2007 2:05 pm

Parks lives wrote:'35 mil'.

Euro's or Pounds? As the story says, 40 million euros, £27 million pound.

Pounds, 27 mil for one of if not the best striker in the world they have got to be kidding.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Wed May 09, 2007 2:09 pm

i hear that Eto'o doesn't like it that Ronaldinho is top dog at Barca and wants to leave.

In 3 seasons at Barca, Eto'o could have:
    3 la liga titles?
    1 Champions League medal
    1 Copa del Rey medal?

maybe time for a change?
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Wed May 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Folks keep dreaming about Eto. If you were Barca would you sell?

I'm also not so sure I want him here for the baggage he brings. If he has issues with not being top dog at Barca he'll have the same issues with Ronaldo and Rooney here.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed May 09, 2007 2:22 pm

No, I wouldn't sell and I don't expect Barca will do so.

Nice to dream though. Very Happy
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Wed May 09, 2007 4:00 pm

You people got Etoo thing from where?
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Wed May 09, 2007 4:01 pm

robert wrote:Too many other factors at RM to make him the scapegoat. Remember, that season Madrid got Becks and let Makelele go and they didn't allow him to sign anyone else.

So the squad was wafer thin, outside that magical 1st team they had next to nothing in the reserves.

He had to do a magic rejig and put Becks in the center. By February that season they were well on course for the treble playing some great football. They were 12 points ahead in La liga, in the cup final and in the quarterfinals of te CL.

The problems started when losing the Spanish cup final, from then on it was a downward spiral. Ok you can maybe say he didn't arrest the slide after losing a very winnable final, but his most influential players Zidane, Figo and Becks had played just about every game for Madrid thus far, Figo and Zidane over 30 at that time and could barely do anything. Raul was fading, Ronaldo in and out of the treatment table.

How much motivation can you get out of tired 30 somethings? I mean Ronaldo and Rooney have put in a $h!t load of work this season but consider their ages to Zidane and Figo.

IT's very hard to blame CQ for what was appalling management at the top.

That's my appraisal of the situation as well. People seem to forget just how things went down at Madrid. Blaiming Carlos was just so much easier than admiting things weren't right at the club. As I said, it's not like others have done better than him; they've inherited the same problems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:54 pm