Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
dont panic!
EMP
Deluded F*ck™
robert
Effenberg
Deano
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Machiavel
Since 1888
Pierre Littbarski
Fey
15 posters

Guus Hiddink!!!! Pierre are you watching!!

DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Guus Hiddink!!!! Pierre are you watching!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Guus Hiddink!!!! Pierre are you watching!!

Post by DD Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:34 pm

Pele Says No Excuses wrote:
    Since 1888 wrote:So let me get this clear.

Going to the SF finals in the WC with fucking South Korea is not great?
    Qualifing with Australia which often was a bridge way too high and then even do very decent at the WC, and getting knocked out by a very very very dodgy penalty.
    Reaching the SF with Holland only losing on penalties against Brazil.
    Europe Cup 1 win with PSV
    Semi final and outplaying Milan with PSV io the semi's.
    Qualifing with Russia despite being in a very hard group.

This is all thanks to luck and flucky wins?

The past is the past. I wont even go into the fortune handed out to Hiddink's Korea in 2002, or 4-1 thrashing handed out to his Holland team in 1996 or the 10 or so failures of his teams in direct matches versus English teams, because its the past.

My point is, that right now, having to listen to the Press remarking on what a "genius" he has been in guiding Russia to this year's finals just overlooks the fact that he has been offered a huge slice of luck on the way, not least the fact that Mclaren's England have choked and been a shambles rather more than thanks to Russia's, and Hiddink's "brilliance".

Even against an opponent of such ineptitude, Hiddink is through simply thanks to a dubious penalty decision in Russia. A draw in that game and England would be through, itself a travesty considering how turd we have been
    f@ck sake Pele (and Pierre too). I'm not here to defend Hiddink because you're right that not everything the man does is genius, says is gospel or that he shits golden eggs. Some of it is run of the mill bogstandard Ockham's razor keep it simple lump a big man upfront tactics - I too get slightly peeved with the overhyping of him. Its like watching dinho make a backheel pass and watch it being replayed from 14 angles.
    But Hiddink is a genius at times, and the reason he gets far with minnows is because he playes to their strength, whatever that might be for that team. And he instills some discipline, tactics and formations.

So he might not have 'outtaught' McClaren in Russia (I agree) but it doesn't take away that the man is a genius. Engalnd Russia was a roll of the dice.

The press is wrong about the Russia-England encounter, but Hiddink is still a genius.

Stop now, you're getting more bitter over this than over Nzogbia. Biggrin
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Guus Hiddink!!!! Pierre are you watching!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Guus Hiddink!!!! Pierre are you watching!!

Post by Isco Benny Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:39 pm

Since 1888 wrote:Weren't you the one saying that England having been THAT bad. It's a great achievment when you look how much he has done for Russian football, totally changing the structure of the Russian FA.

The game in Russia though, can't believe that you argue the penalty decision while you had a offside goal allowed.

That was before last night. Never in my wildest dreams have I seen an England side throw away such a golden chance in such a pitiful manner. It was pathetic, and totally out of Guus' hands.

Yes, he has done a fine job, and yes he has a fine past record; Im just not buying the "genius" tag our press (yes, OUR press! The same ones who would probably be ripping him to pieces right now were he the England manager who had just got a poor result) are labelling him with.

Put it this way, he is on another level to Mclaren, yet still managed to get a 3-0 thrashing handed out to his side at Wembley.

And the match in Russia- Rooney was simply centimetres offside, there was little or no daylight in it; the law states calls like that should be given to the attacking team. the law doesnt state a penalty is given to the attacking side when there man is fouled 2 or 3 yards outside the penalty area! (This match is the past now anyway, no excuses necessary- England are out because they were inexcusably shite at home in the most important game of their season)
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Russia scored a perfect goal though 1-1, that would have changed the game!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=37nFHpPEWIA

Look at what cars Croatia has got Laughing No wonder they were playing so good!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 am