Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Effenberg
Ä
Kroos
chrissicross
Fey
Pierre Littbarski
Axeslammer
Ricardo Jol
72-76-80-96-08
The Easter Bunny
SuperMario
15 posters

Klose - what's up?

Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Klose - what's up? - Page 2 Empty Re: Klose - what's up?

Post by Effenberg Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Ratings are always subjective and kicker are not necessarily comparing performances here. A guy like Ribery they don't compare to 'regular' Bundesliga players, but rather to himself and how great he is in one particular game. Ribery on a bad day is better than 90% of midfielders in any league.

I haven't seen enough of Rolfes to judge him. He's probably playing a great season by his standards. Hope he keeps improving. Gomez is a good example of a good player continuously improving until he's really great.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Effenberg wrote:I'm not projecting anything. I was speaking in general, about the kind of stuff that's written on this board.

The German press, including Kicker, feasts on Bayern's (few) failures and turns them into big stories. Because it sells. They never wrote this much about Klose not scoring in consecutive matches when he was at Bremen.

In my opinion, a person that understands football and watches whole matches should be able to appreciate the kind of player Klose is. I believe he is a more complete player now in his new environment, than he ever was.

None of this goes against you, Guzman, but rather against the simple-mindedness and piss-taking on this board.

lol! You do realise that Otto created a thread highlighting the end of Wayne Rooney's career based on the fact that he, like Klose, hasn't scored as many this season as his illustrious counterpart?

The funniest thing about this is that Otto uses exactly the same argument here that he has written off countless times when it is used to explain Rooney's season.

So there is more to it that just stats. What a suprise Biggrin <Ale>
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Post by Effenberg Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:58 pm

What I wrote has nothing to do with Otto's Rooney-bashing. That's his thing, not mine.

I just like talking about football which is becoming increasingly difficult on this board.
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:21 am

Effenberg wrote:They never wrote this much about Klose not scoring in consecutive matches when he was at Bremen.
    They really wrote a lot back then, Effenberg, at least for my taste.

Effenberg wrote:I believe he is a more complete player now in his new environment, than he ever was.
    Hmm, and where do you think he's more complete now than he already was in his old environment? Suspect
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:22 am

Effenberg wrote:What I wrote has nothing to do with Otto's Rooney-bashing. That's his thing, not mine.

I just like talking about football which is becoming increasingly difficult on this board.

As much as I like the fellow, you should blame Otto for this. And Deisler. Truthfully <Ale>

Reason? Because of his endless over-the-top trumpeting of all things German, and stubborn insistence of mocking all things foreign, it has made it impossible for an intelligent, modest chap such as yourself discuss German football without a backlash of sorts.

WG. However, I recommend you persist all the same- there are a lot of decent posters who enjoy a proper football discussion. They just need some coaxing Ale
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 am

effe is wrong and chrissi is right

Klose is as good now as he was at Bremen

bernd has lost his marbles though

when in doubt , blame the Germans, heh
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:53 am

26-Otto-19 wrote:effe is wrong and chrissi is right

Klose is as good now as he was at Bremen

bernd has lost his marbles though

when in doubt , blame the Germans, heh

2 things my man:

1) Are you not slightly aware of the contradicting stances you have taken here? Klose's goal scoring record this season is average, the kicker stats, average, yet your argument is that he has helped the team in more ways that statistics can prove. Acceptable argument in my opinion. I don't see anyone creating threads suggesting Klose's career is over.

Yet on the otherhand, you created a thread claiming that because Rooney's goalscoring statistics have been average, the young lad is now over the hill and no longer worthy of discussion. When the same argument is used by those who have seen the Wazzmeister doing his stuff - notably that his game is predominantly about creating, you choose to ignore it.

The result? A backlash of other posters iunable to take you seriously. This then affects poor Effenberg, for now we cannot discuss Klose without poking fun at your contradiction

2) The continual creation of Glorified National threads - such as the most recent one regarding the supposed brilliance of the new crop of German kids - is very much your niche. I applaud what you do. Its entertaining. However, you don't find many similar threads being created about English/Dutch/Mongolian kids. The result is that, once again, a barrage of piss taking is a consequence. And who gets in in the eye? Poor Effenberg!

I don't blame the GermanS - I blame the German ;-)

You made your bed mein freund, so you must sleep in it

WG Ale
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:58 am

Senor Woody wrote:Are you not slightly aware of the contradicting stances you have taken here?

As the wise man said : "never agree with a woman, because before you know it she'll have changed her mind...." Ale

WG
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Why am I anti-German when I criticise a German player? I disagree with the Germans on this board who praise Klose for being the best striker in the world.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:Are you not slightly aware of the contradicting stances you have taken here?

As the wise man said : "never agree with a woman, because before you know it she'll have changed her mind...." Ale

WG

lol! Thats the answer right there - Otto is a pig tailed frauline . I apologise profusely Otto ; it is your perogative as a buxom madchen to contradict yourself Biggrin <Ale>
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07 pm

Senor Woody wrote:you don't find many similar threads being created about English/Dutch/Mongolian kids.

which kids should we be talking about then Question

Walcott Question

Lennon Question

the up-coming, exciting Green in goal Question

Laugh

as for Effe

he can have as many SERIOUS discussions about German football as he likes

NOBODY is stopping him

and people like chrissi, ball, allez... will happily join in

the Englanders on here who might be riled by my little threads could not give a FIG-LEAF about German football anyway

and MANY people on here, not just Englanders, are inherently , subconsciously anti-German when it comes to football

not MY fault at all

blame Lothar, Voeller, Moeller, Kuntz, Bierhoff, Sammer, Mueller and Co for having whipped a few too many arses over the years

long may it continue

the result: only once we are as unsuccessful as the Dutch will people start loving us as much

wahre G
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:24 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:you don't find many similar threads being created about English/Dutch/Mongolian kids.

which kids should we be talking about then Question

Walcott Question

Lennon Question

the up-coming, exciting Green in goal Question

Laugh

as for Effe

he can have as many SERIOUS discussions about German football as he likes

NOBODY is stopping him

and people like chrissi, ball, allez... will happily join in

the Englanders on here who might be riled by my little threads could not give a FIG-LEAF about German football anyway

and MANY people on here, not just Englanders, are inherently , subconsciously anti-German when it comes to football

not MY fault at all

blame Lothar, Voeller, Moeller, Kuntz, Bierhoff, Sammer, Mueller and Co for having whipped a few too many arses over the years

long may it continue

the result: only once we are as unsuccessful as the Dutch will people start loving us as much

wahre G

Walcott is in a situation almost identical to Podolski, Schweinsteiger or any other German "talent" that has been sitting on a bench for the best part of their career. Hence, I do not understand your point? Is it an attempt at some kind of mockery? German humour must have become very ironic overnight... ;-)

Lennon has had a vastly better season than all of them; Cup winner and once he becomes more consistent with age, a very talented player. Again, strange choice.

No, I would suggest taking your pick from any of the current U17's who are in the Elite groups of qualifying currently. For a competition that the so called German "wonderkids" have already been knocked out of. That right there is more deserving of a Laugh . Maybe another one even Laugh

Or if thats too young, perhaps the undefeated U21's might spring a player or too; assured of qualification from a group containing Portugal, who are notoriously successful at this level.

And for the record : you are paranoid - plenty of people enjoy discussing German football. Remember Tony? He didn't leave because of the English fans, he left because of you and your anti- Bayern stance. Same goes for Blut. Infact, you pick more arguments with the German posters than all the English fans put together. Anti-Klinsmann, now Anti-Bremen. Factor in the anti-Dutch and English threads and is it any suprise you have no army behind you?!

Its a suprise that you have the nerve to blame anyone else for this situation lol!

As I said before though, carry on the good work. Your posts are always entertaining. And delusional Wink
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Whoo, for a minute there it looked as though there was danger of an intelligent football debate between Englishes and Germans breaking out Wink

Haven't been able to catch quite enough of Klose this year – if one has a criticism of him (compared to the very top strikers) it's maybe that too many of his goals are relatively easy goals, that he doesn't often create things out of nothing, maybe that as Tim Wiese bitchily said "Schießen war eh nie seine Stärke". But arguably this is more than made up for by his all-round game and assists, the fact that he's such a rewarding and satisfying player to play alongside, that he provides so much for his partner on a plate.

Be interesting to see how Klose/Gomez works tonight against the Swiss, assuming that's what Jogi goes with.

Otto, how come you're wearing a Tony Parmesan avatar?? Surreal stuff...
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:31 pm

Senor Woody wrote: Remember Tony? He didn't leave because of the English fans, he left because of you and your anti- Bayern stance. Same goes for Blut.

scratch scratch scratch
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:37 pm

A very good point there from you Bernd about Otto about his doing himself no favours by constantly dissing Bremen, Klinsi etc etc as well as all the anti-Dutch/English stuff and simply using the mantra of repeated "argument by assertion", as if making a tendentious point over and over again is going to make it any truer.

The fact that he arguably, to an extent, has a point about both Klinsmann and Bremen is lost in his utterly one-eyed approach and refusal to debate the issue as a whole, i.e. acknowledging that there are positives as well as negatives.

It's inevitable on a polemical, extreme, male-dominated football board where piss-taking and one-sided arguments predominate, but also a bit of a shame. Some of Otto's arguments are so extreme and predictable that it's entirely understandable and right that Chrissi just responds to his views on the German defence with a wink and a "what no Wörns?? you disappojnt me Otto"... Laughing

Traurige, aber wahre Geschichte Ale
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Whoever disagrees with Otto = anti-German
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:40 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote: Remember Tony? He didn't leave because of the English fans, he left because of you and your anti- Bayern stance. Same goes for Blut.

scratch scratch scratch

Yeah that foxed me as well, though I don't know too much about FC Bayern.

(I would argue though that he has a "BAD USERNAME")
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:10 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    26-Otto-19 wrote:

scratch scratch scratch

Yeah that foxed me as well, though I don't know too much about FC Bayern.

(I would argue though that he has a "BAD USERNAME")

Tony = FC Bayern. Otto used to clash constantly with the poor chap about Magath and his supposed anti- German stance

Blut also got it in the neck regarding Bremen, Diego supposedly hindering Klose's ability etc.

Im sorry if that wasn't clear the first time <Ale>
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Post by Effenberg Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:14 pm

@chrissi

I probably worded this poorly, maybe it would be better to say that Klose is profiting from his role at Bayern. (He probably had the same skills already.) In Bremen he used to be very much the 'go-to guy'. Now, he's more than 'the striker', although he still is only measured with regards to his goals and not in how far he helps his team win.

It seems football is more and more becoming a sport of individuals and individual goal stats (in people's minds, at least). Shame.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:
    which kids should we be talking about then ?

Take your pick, there's loads : the Dutch U21 European Champions of 2006 or the Dutch U21 European Champions of 2007 cheers

Champions with two generations in two years time...that's how many talents *we* have got.

Remind me again what your German Wunderjungs did at those championships Ale
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Post by Effenberg Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:49 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    26-Otto-19 wrote:
    which kids should we be talking about then ?

Take your pick, there's loads : the Dutch U21 European Champions of 2006 or the Dutch U21 European Champions of 2007 cheers

Champions with two generations in two years time...that's how many talents *we* have got.

Remind me again what your German Wunderjungs did at those championships Ale

Maybe we could have a special pissing contest section where you can all go play together?
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Lol, spot on. The "Otto and Axe get a room" thread.

Bernd, I don't think Otto's admittedly at times preposterous opinions about Werder drove Blut away!
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Effenberg wrote:

Maybe we could have a special pissing contest section where you can all go play together?

Go bug your own countryman instead of me.

Funny how it's never Otto, but always the other guy....
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:03 pm

as for Klose

he has now overtaken Bierhoff in the ALL-TIME-NATIONALMANNSCHAFT-SCORER-CHARTS

and is 7th

"38. Treffer in 74. Länderspielen"

Ale

THAT's what's up with Klose

Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 am