Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
gone
Balls Grayson
Yef
Deluded F*ck™
Sgoater1
kolee33
Juligen
Protheus
Lordanger
Murray
Calidad
Cesc Soler
Historicus
EM Seleção e Selecção
The Easter Bunny
Batman
TheCrazy58
shazlx
Fey
Rosicky
Tweesus
Sheffield gunner
Hem fet un mal partit
DeLux
The Pröfessör
forza_rossi
golsud
Nightwing
Torrente
The-Frank-Tavern
DS
Luso
L.r.d
S4P
robert
COTR
toon h
lrdsucksgoats
Super Progress
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Luis
Jaime
Machiavel
christmasborocooper
fcb
Glenarch of the Glen
Axeslammer
The Bulk
110%
Dick Grayson
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
Dwarf
Chocolate Thunder
Ricardo Jol
Football Genius
60 posters

Ronaldo off to Spain....

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Ronaldo off to Spain.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo off to Spain....

Post by Parks lives Sun May 18, 2008 1:21 pm

£40 - 50 million will get him easily. Laughing
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun May 18, 2008 1:59 pm

DS wrote:
    Ahead of United's Moscow meeting with Chelsea, it has been suggested that Ronaldo fails to deliver in big games as he has been unable to find the back of the net in nine outings against the Blues.

Gotta love this - if he doesn't score, he must have failed to deliver. If he does score, then he has delivered. As though he can't have a good game without scoring (e.g. by setting up the winner and other chances) and if he scores he's automatically considered as having played well.

It's this sort of journalism, along with Ronaldo's egotism in playing up to it, that has turned him into a running and shooting machine.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius Sun May 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Fidel wrote:
    DS wrote:
    Ahead of United's Moscow meeting with Chelsea, it has been suggested that Ronaldo fails to deliver in big games as he has been unable to find the back of the net in nine outings against the Blues.

Gotta love this - if he doesn't score, he must have failed to deliver. If he does score, then he has delivered. As though he can't have a good game without scoring (e.g. by setting up the winner and other chances) and if he scores he's automatically considered as having played well.

It's this sort of journalism, along with Ronaldo's egotism in playing up to it, that has turned him into a running and shooting machine.

That and the fact Chelsea play such a low defensive line - leaving little space in behind for Ronaldo to penetrate, you could argue due to Chelsea's style of play it makes it extremely difficult for Ronaldo to get into the sort of positions that favours his attributes. If he does score for my money it would be a header or a tap in from being in the right place at the right time.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun May 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    Fidel wrote:
    DS wrote:

That and the fact Chelsea play such a low defensive line - leaving little space in behind for Ronaldo to penetrate, you could argue due to Chelsea's style of play it makes it extremely difficult for Ronaldo to get into the sort of positions that favours his attributes. If he does score for my money it would be a header or a tap in from being in the right place at the right time.

You're right, though I'd say he's reasonably likely to score a free kick against them given the hothead and the dinosaur they've got as DMCs...
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Sun May 18, 2008 2:31 pm

There's also the fact that previously he used to play on the right wing and ashley cole has dealt with him comfortably as one of the few left-backs that can handle his pace.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sun May 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Parks lives wrote:£40 - 50 million will get him easily. Laughing

Well Zidane went for that at 29. Really no resale value. So although he's not going, if he were to go at 23 and the best player in the world, i would want at least DOUBLE that Biggrin

His marketing is bigger than Zidane's also.

COTR the situation leaving Sporting to man utd, man utd to real madrid is complete different. He's really not that shallow to leave just for 10k more, he also has grown to have love for the club. He will leave to play in Spain one day, not for money.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Sun May 18, 2008 5:07 pm

IF ure win the ECL lrd what has he left to achieve in england? so why not go now to try and win the spanish league?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Sun May 18, 2008 6:12 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:IF ure win the ECL lrd what has he left to achieve in england? so why not go now to try and win the spanish league?

or remain and be a legend at OT and have his own statute erected next to Sir Matts maybe? Rolling Eyes

Look he can got to RM and be just another run-of-t'mill superstar that cam and went...!

Who even remembers Figo? Owen? Beckham? MacManaman?
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun May 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:
    The-Frank-Tavern wrote:IF ure win the ECL lrd what has he left to achieve in england? so why not go now to try and win the spanish league?

or remain and be a legend at OT and have his own statute erected next to Sir Matts maybe? Rolling Eyes

Look he can got to RM and be just another run-of-t'mill superstar that cam and went...!

Ermmm....
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun May 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Fidel wrote:
    Dick Grayson wrote:

Ermmm....

At Real Madrid!
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Sun May 18, 2008 10:00 pm

He could win that in one season, then what else? again?
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Post by Dick Grayson Sun May 18, 2008 10:06 pm

L.r.d wrote:

He could win that in one season, then what else? again. Rolling Eyes

The whole is jealous and burning cos TRW is No1 and a Redblood! let em burn says i...contes!!! Grr
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Sun May 18, 2008 10:07 pm

DS wrote:
    Well Viana and Quaresma moved same age to Ronaldo and where they are , you just cant take the credit from Man Utd in developing him , yeah he learned his basics at Sporting who got from another club but an 18 year old is nothing just ask Le Taellec and Sinama Pongolle the players of the U17 tournament Ronaldo played.

Of course Utd has its own credit in Ronaldo's development, he was bound to get better with age, but to say that you alone as a club has developed him is absurd.

Those 'basics' were learned from the age of 11 at SCP, you can hardly claim we got the player you did. At 11 he was a child, at 18 Ronaldo was a member of a senior squad and already good enough for Utd...proof being you bought him.

I've repeatedly said that had Quaresma gone to Utd his career would be diferent by now. That said, the fact Quaresma isn't at a big foreign club hardly proves anything.. it doesn't make him $h!t.

Viana? He's had some bad luck with his clubs.. just like Ronaldo would've had had Ferguson not played him... Viana doesn't lack skill in any regards, he simply wasn't played.

In any regard, the argument put forward was that Madrid shouldn't try to buy Ronaldo as Utd has developed him... how is that in any way diferent from what Utd did to Sporting? We developed him, you bought him and he develped further, now Madrid wants to buy him... seems fair to me.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Sun May 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

He could win that in one season, then what else? again. Rolling Eyes

The whole is jealous and burning cos TRW is No1 and a Redblood! let em burn says i...contes!!! Grr

His latest interviews show his heart is now a redblood. ''I am the best i know im the best, and i don't care what outsiders say''

It could have been Cantona or Best or Beckham himself saying that Devil
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Sun May 18, 2008 10:12 pm

COTR wrote:
    kas wrote:But I guess the debate here essentially is, how much was down to the player's quality/mentality himself, as opposed to what the club did for him?

Many players who move in their teenage years fail...is that all down to the club, or them?

Many players who move in their teenage years succeed...is that all down to the club, or them?

A bit of both clearly, so N18WNG isn't wrong, but neither is Luso.

Luso's initial point is correct

The only reason ronaldo is at united is because of the lure of money and glamour. I'm guessing sporting would have loved to hold on to him for a lot longer than they did

This is the very reason he will soon leave united and join real where he will get even more money and his ego will be even further enhanced

ok

There's, in my mind, really no diference between the two cases. Sporting, just like Utd now, didn't want to sell him... but again Ronaldo's being ofered things he likes in an atempt to get him to sign on. That's football really.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Sun May 18, 2008 10:16 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:£40 - 50 million will get him easily. Laughing

Well Zidane went for that at 29. Really no resale value. So although he's not going, if he were to go at 23 and the best player in the world, i would want at least DOUBLE that Biggrin

His marketing is bigger than Zidane's also.

COTR the situation leaving Sporting to man utd, man utd to real madrid is complete different. He's really not that shallow to leave just for 10k more, he also has grown to have love for the club. He will leave to play in Spain one day, not for money.

You're right in that Utd have A LOT more money than us, while your financial capability is similar to Madrid's.

The fact that he's already well paid there might keep him longer than he would've ever thought. I believe he does like the Utd, truly, but he still likes Sporting and he left us...

If he wants to go, he will, it's not that big a deal really.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon May 19, 2008 9:59 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7407781.stm

Real play down link with Ronaldo

Ronaldo has scored 41 goals for United so far this season
    Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster appears to have accepted it would be futile trying to lure Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United this summer.

Schuster's side have been continually linked to the 23-year-old winger, who fuelled speculation last week by saying he wants to play in Spain one day.

"I would like to have a lot of players," said Schuster, whose side won La Liga this season.

"But I don't think it is possible that Cristiano Ronaldo will be with us."

Ronaldo has scored 41 goals on his way to helping United win the Premier League title this month and his side also face Chelsea in Wednesday's Champions League final.

606: DEBATE
    Can you see Ronaldo leaving Man Utd?

He has a contract with the Old Trafford club until 2012 after extending his deal last year.

United have insisted they have no intention of selling their prize asset but his recent comments to a Spanish TV station hinted he may be thinking otherwise.

"I'm very happy here but let's see after the Champions League final what happens," said Ronaldo last week.

But, despite the player's remarks and the continual rumours about the two parties joining up, Schuster calmed talk of a potential bid after his side's final game of the season against Levante on Sunday.

"I don't waste time on these things," he added. "I think about who could come and not on speculation.

"We are going to look at what we need and then see."
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon May 19, 2008 10:00 am

L.r.d wrote: His latest interviews show his heart is now a redblood. ''I am the best i know im the best, and i don't care what outsiders say''

Only one of them would have been right, though.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon May 19, 2008 10:06 am

Roger Hunt wrote:
    L.r.d wrote: His latest interviews show his heart is now a redblood. ''I am the best i know im the best, and i don't care what outsiders say''

Only one of them would have been right, though.
    and beckham wasn't an arrogant coont like conaldo so wouldn't have said that bullsh¡t in the 1st place
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed May 21, 2008 8:40 am

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/1125831.html
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Wed May 21, 2008 8:45 am

Doh Marca > Gill, Fergie and Ronaldo himself Laughing
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed May 21, 2008 8:50 am

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbol-cristiano-ronaldo-examina-galactico/dasftb/20080521dasdaiftb_35/Tes

As have something similar too, and that normally tends to mean there's something in it.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Wed May 21, 2008 8:55 am

AS, Marca it's like the mirror and thesun Laughing

He aint going nowhere not this summer.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Wed May 21, 2008 10:37 am

Gotta love Marca. Somehow they're trying to make people believe that Ronaldo gave the go-ahead for his signing the day before the CL final lol!

The best is when they do the "undercover reporter" thing like with Kaka. A year ago they somehow reported a private conversation between Berlusconi and Kaka where Kaka told him "Please, just listen to what Madrid have to say. That's all I'm asking."
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed May 21, 2008 11:05 am

"SI QUIERO"

Laughing

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed May 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Torrente wrote:Gotta love Marca. Somehow they're trying to make people believe that Ronaldo gave the go-ahead for his signing the day before the CL final lol!

The best is when they do the "undercover reporter" thing like with Kaka. A year ago they somehow reported a private conversation between Berlusconi and Kaka where Kaka told him "Please, just listen to what Madrid have to say. That's all I'm asking."

I thought that was AS?

I thought Marca have a pretty good reputation?
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)

Post by Nightwing Wed May 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Grr
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Torrente wrote:Gotta love Marca. Somehow they're trying to make people believe that Ronaldo gave the go-ahead for his signing the day before the CL final lol!

I thought that was AS?

I thought Marca have a pretty good reputation?

Yeah, that was AS, I forgot.

But no, Marca doesn't necessarily have a good reputation when it comes to sensationalist stories (though they definitely have a better reputation than AS, which isn't tough). They do get a lot of signings right before other media does (like the Beckham signing), but if we were to believe Marca's rumors Real Madrid would sign 40 players per season and sell 20.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed May 21, 2008 6:19 pm

That was the best one. Very Happy
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 am

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/1126704.html

now this would be funny not only would N18s beloved leave but the gimp would play in manchster for the red half.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:29 pm